Characters from Shortcats.
open/close all folders
Zee is your average nice-clumsy guy until he discovers that he is the only shortcat in the Universe that can remember everything before the Universe goes CTRL-Z.
- Adorkable: He never misses a chance to squee or act goofy in daily situations. And Felina likes him because of this.
- Blessed with Suck: Going back in time is beneficial only when he messes up. Otherwise, it can also erase all of his long week work on his thesis, as he painfully found out.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Yes, he is a goofball and a Klutz, but he has to remind people that he is also a Cybernetic Physics Graduate.
- Butt-Monkey: Everything that can go wrong happens to him. Even after getting a CTRL-Z from the Universe, he still finds a way to screw-up.
- Cursed with Awesome: Zee can undo all of his mistakes if the Universe resets, but most of his normal hard-to-accomplish successes would be erased.
- Cute Little Fangs: Whenever he is upset, screaming or determined, his fangs are visible.
- Ditzy Genius: Even though he is very clumsy and a major screw-up, he is also a Cybernetic Physics graduate studying for a PhD.
- The Everyman: He looks like an ordinary guy who happens to re-live the Universe Resets.
- Family Theme Naming: All the Furlong family members have names with Z.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With O since Elementary School. They have been roommates even after graduating college. Norm, on the other hand, keeps insisting that he and Zee are also Bros.
- The Klutz: So much that his CTRL-Z power becomes handy from time to time.
- Nice Guy: He is a very sweet boyfriend to Felina (though he occasionally messes up by saying the wrong things to her) and a great guy to be friends with.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: One of the main reasons Zee relies on the Universe Reset.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: From all the characters, Zee is the only one who is aware of the Universe Resets.
- Trash of the Titans: Like here.
He is Zees best friend and the smartest cat in Keyboard University. After finding out about Zees new power, O uses his talents to create the Repeat-O-Meter, which allows Zee to return to his last registered time or trigger the Resets.
- Adorkable: Whenever he is geeking out with Zee.
- Blinding Bangs: Or rather Blinding Hat.
- Child Prodigy: He has been a genius since Elementary School, being promoted one year to Zee and Norms class. Despite having the IQ to enroll College at age 12, he decided to end school with Zee so he could have a normal childhood.
- Cool Hat: He always has a hat covering his head and eyes.
- The Cutie: He is a tiny Himalayan Cat with a huge fluffy tail and looks like a kitten despite his age.
- Gadgeteer Genius: O is the Tech-Expert. One of his most notable devices is the Repeat-o-meter Beta 1.0.0, which allows Zee to control the Reset-Points.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Zee since Elementary School. They have been roommates even after graduating college.
- Manchild: Despite being a college graduate, he has the mind of a child. The others have to remind him constantly that he is already a grown-up.
- Momma's Boy: He is an only-child and both his parents adore him.
- Older Than They Look: While he looks like an Elementary School student, he is only a year younger than Zee and Norm.
- One-Letter Name: Everybody calls him O, even his parents do.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The few times his name is mentioned in a strip, it gets censored, one time by a screeching microphone.
- Pragmatic Hero: Most of his gadgets or the Tool that saves the day are made by O borrowing stuff from Norm without asking.
- The Smart Guy: His IQ is 200.
- Shorter Means Smarter: He barely reaches Zees waist.
- Teen Genius: He was the Prodigy of his school generation.
Felina is Zees girlfriend. As sweet and nice as she is, her temper is also as intense.
- Beware the Nice Ones: As sweet and loving as she is, she also has a fiery personality when she gets angry.
- Color Motifs: Her most common colors are pink, yellow and white.
- The Cutie: So much that even Bell has to go along with her.
- The Ditz: She is so nice and naïve that Bells sarcasm doesnt seem to sink in with her. She even tends to summarize most of her paintings over-complex concepts with even more non-sensical sentences.
- Genki Girl: She is optimistic and enthusiastic.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Her dress in the Art Gallery arc is purple.
- The Heart: Tries to be inspiring to Zee and O when they get depressed about their graduation, until Zee opens his mouth. Lucky for them, the Universe rebooted again.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: She is the Light next to Bells Dark.
- Odd Friendship: With Bell. While she is grumpy and cynical, Felina is very girly and optimistic.
- Pink Means Feminine: She favors pink dresses with flowers.
- Punny Name: Felina literally means Female Feline in Spanish.
- Satellite Character: She mostly appears in strips with either Zee or Bell.
Bell is Felinas best friend and lives as a freelance artist. Unfortunately for her, mainstream audiences cant seem to understand the cynical commentaries in her pieces.
- Brutal Honesty: She tells things without sugarcoating them.
- Childhood Friends: With Norm.
- The Cynic: Has always something to rant about social issues... or anything else.
- Deadpan Snarker: Tends to mumble all her comebacks with a serious tone.
- Death Glare: Usually towards Copycat.
- Insufferable Genius: Whenever she tries to explain her work, she can come across as pretentious for all the overthinking.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: She is the Dark next to Felinas Light.
- Nerves of Steel: While both Felina and Norm reacted accordingly at the Oija board, Bell was the only one unfazed by it.
- Odd Friendship: With Felina, since their personalities and tastes are radically different.
- Only Sane Woman: Tends to be this if Zee and O are doing something goofy, Norms occasional lack of empathy and his unawareness of middle-class situations and Felina being too sweet to notice anything else. She exchanges the role with Norm when she is being too pretentious.
- Perpetual Frowner: She always responds completely serious or throws blunt remarks to everyone.
- The Rival: To Copycat.
- The Stoic: She is always cool as ice even in dangerous situations.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: Invoked and Parodied with her character. Bell tends to overthink her works and ends up doing her pieces so abstract that nobody understands them.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She has been this with Norm since they were kids.
Norman New III "Norm"
Norman New III
Norm is a former schoolmate of Zee and O, Bells childhood friend and son of the richest family in Keyboard City. Everything Norm wants, he gets it brand new.
- Alliterative Name: Norman New
- Big Ego, Hidden Depths: He is materialistic and narcissist, but he also cares very much for his closest friends, constantly wanting to hang out with Zee and O, caring about Bell and throwing parties to celebrate big with all his acquaintances.
- Catchphrase: New Family. We live with Style and Im a New, Dammit.
- Childhood Friends: With Bell. He even knows Bell better than Felina, her best friend.
- Color Motifs: Gold.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has his moments whenever he retorts at either Zee (for being too goofy) and Bell (when she is being too pretentious)
- Fainting: He does this after seeing the Ouija board moving by itself.
- Iconic Item: He always wears a gold accessory (a golden medal or a golden tie when wearing suits). The only exception is during the Beach arc.
- Idle Rich: At one point, Norm comments that it would be easier to make a coin for a $4000 amount. Copycat readily lampshades this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He tends to brag about his familys money and social status, but he also cares deeply about his friends.
- Narcissist: He has a big ego and takes pride on being handsome, smart and rich. To the point that he recognizes as his only defect that he is Too Perfectionist.
- Punny Name: His family name is New, and they always buy the newest things.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: He is the Manly Man next to Clumsy and Sensitive Zee.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: When he wears his suits. The most notable is his Navy Blue suit with a golden tie.
- Spoiled Brat: Anyone who knows him is aware of this trait. He got upset that his brand new beach house didnt have Wi-Fi yet, because No New has a Half-done House, dammit.
- Straight Man: He tends to comment on Zee and O doing goofy stuff, or Bell being too pretentious.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He has been this with Bell since they were kids.
Bells arch-nemesis. As talented as her, unfortunately his creativity is nowhere to be found because all his pieces are inspired by classics. Ironically, he is a lot more popular than Bell because people love that his stuff looks pretty.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: If Copycat isnt enough of a clue...
- Foil: To Bell. Both are Art School graduates. While Bell is highly conceptual and abstract, Copycat is fully skilled but lacks originality. Also Bell has to make big efforts to get clients, while all of his sells are because his clients are all shallow art-snobs (except for Norm, he only buys because he can).
- Follow the Leader: Its fairly obvious by one of his paintings that he is very inspired by Andy Warhol, as one of Bells insult to him is Warhol Wannabe.
- Hipster: Including his looks and his speech about mainstream art and conceptual wannabes.
- Jerkass: He doesnt miss an opportunity to taunt Bell and he blatantly copies all of his artworks by disguising them as homages.
- Karma Houdini: Despite being a blatant copycat (no pun intended), people still buy his pieces.
- Punny Name: Copycat copies, while the family name Bryce comes from Alfredo Bryce Echenique, Peruvian author who had been accused of plagiarism.
- The Rival: To Bell in the Art World.
- Sincerest Form of Flattery: All of his work is heavily inspired on other big artists. People still buy all of them because they are very well made.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Bell. Whenever they are in the same place, they either have death glares or tend to have volleying insults.
Pa and Ma FurlongZee's parents.
- Eyes Always Shut: In their only comic strip, they appear with shut eyes.
- Like Parent, Like Spouse: Zee's mother has a light resemblance to Felina. Both are light colored and have scary auras around them when pissed off.
- No Indoor Voice: Pa is very loud, specially towards Zee.
- No Name Given: Their names are not revealed and Zee refers to them as "Pa" and "Ma"
- So Proud of You: Ma reminds Zee that his father is also proud of him in his own way.
Norman New II and Linda NewNorm's parents.
- All There in the Manual: Their names are written in the tags of the strip.
- Lady in Red: Norm's mother attends his graduation in a long red dress.
- Like Father, Like Son: Norm and his father are almost identical, except that he is of a much lighter tone of brown and wears glasses.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Norm's father's glasses reflect light over his eyes, which go according to his mellow personality (in contrast to his wife).
- Shipper on Deck: According to Bell and Norm, she has been trying to set them up since they were kids.