Main Characters | Production Department | Animation Department | Central Staff | Various Departments | Outsource | Cooperating Industries | Voice Actors | Others
Voiced by: Junji Majima (Japanese), Michael Wronski (English)
Head of MusaAni's ever-growing 3D computer graphics department, whose job is to pull off a more time-efficient, consistent and realistic approach for the animation department. Japan's current 3D technology is advanced enough to merge the look of 2D drawings with a 3D bone structure underneath to animate their projects without the audience ever noticing the difference, which leaves the traditional 2D animators at a high risk of losing their jobs.
- Beauty Mark: He has one below his mouth.
- Nice Guy: Gentle and kind, this guy has really good EQ. During the period when the easily frustrated Endou was being hostile towards him, Shimoyanagi kept his cool, and sincerely felt bad about the whole situation.
- Unknown Rival: Of Endou, who wasn't aware that Endou feels threatened by 3D animated techniques, and only learns about the whole situation from Aoi, when she tried to defuse Endou's hostility towards him.
Voiced by: Mari Hino (Japanese), Shelby Blocker (English)
Base color, hightlights, and shades. This person is the one in charge of assigning, and applying the color palettes for each character and make sure to adjust palettes according to their various scenes. She also has the important task of nitpicking lineart note flaws to make sure each frame's lineart scan is cleaned up, and closed. Meaning, every single hand-drawn line connections are all attached to each other with no break-offs so that that drawn subject will not bleed note when coloring. This is especially important nowadays since the coloring aspect of most artworks today are done on computer, rather than hand-painting on cel.
Voiced by: Kengo Takanashi (Japanese), Houston Hayes (English)
Yoshiki's department is responsible for the merge of animation cuts, background art and special effects into their respective frames, and proceed to make the final clean ups, lighting tweaks, special effect checks, holds the right to choose the compositions fitting for that scene, and insert the texts necessary for the cut. Once he finalize the visual compression, he will have to send those cuts back to the Episode Director note for its final approval before he can send those cuts to the Film Editor to compress them into its film form. Depending on the progress, sound, music, and voice would either be done prior or after the cuts are visually merged; and his Photography Department has to await for the whole package to be done in order to compress the sound aspect of the cut to finalize the product.
- The Charmer: The way he talks is pretty soothing.
- 1000 Origami Cranes: Things get boring when you're the last person in the production line, and still have to come in to work. So this is what he does to kill time.
Voiced by: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Japanese), Kyle Jones (English)
The very very last guy on the animation production line. Nakabayashi is responsible for making necessary preview discs of animated cuts for the staff to review and change whatever is necessary to perfect the cuts. On the other hand, their most important task would be receiving the finalized, merged animated package from The Director of Photography to do the final checkups of their product with the director and editors, make necessary edits, and even apply censorships according to each television stations' codes. Once everything's good to go, they will make the finalized compression of the animation into video form, a.k.a. the titular "Shirobako", and make Betacam replicas for the production department to send off for television broadcast.
Voiced by: Wataru Takagi (Japanese), James Belcher, Daniel Regojo (young) (English)
The head of Musashino Animation, a veteran in the animation industry, and a really nice person to boot.
- Adorkable: He is as big a dork as Kinoshita, which is a lot.
- Benevolent Boss: He makes food for his employees.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: His fashion statement for when he was young.
- The Reveal: He was a staff member of MusaAni's predecessor, Musashino Pictures, and served as production manager for Aoi's favorite anime, Andes Chucky.
- Shout-Out: To Madhouse CEO Masao Maruyama.
- Team Chef: He's an excellent cook and takes it to himself to provide meals for his employees, so they won't need to eat out or bring in bentos.
- Token Adult: Together with Sugie, they are the oldest MusAni employees.
Marukawa's right-hand woman and former production assistant, being responsible for the company's anime promotion note , finance, and various resource management, such as reminding employees to finish whatever leftovers that are in the fridge.
- Foreshadowing: A minor one. She used to be a production assistant, the very same job that Aoi has; Aoi Drives Like Crazy; put two and two together and what do you get?
- I Got You Covered: Being a former production department staff, she offered to help Aoi out to proceed some crucial cuts from Exodus ep. 9 so that Aoi would be able to focus on the remake cut of Exodus ep. 4.
- Peek-a-Bangs: It covers her left eye. When she moves it out of the way, she means business.
- Red Baron: "Speed Limit Goddess"
- The Stoic: She's not very emotive.