The character sheet for Shining Force III
open/close all folders
Scn 1 Force
The leader of the Shining Force in Scenario 1. He is a nobleman, the son of Lord Conrad.
- Beware the Nice Ones: "Although he is honest and full of kindness, during times of physical conflict the fury of this man's soul can burn hotter and hotter as he unleashes the savages of a tiger."
- Disappeared Dad: Conrad dies at some point in the game.
- The Hero: The main character and The Leader of Scn 1's force.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Like all Shining Force leaders before him, he uses swords.
- Kill It with Fire: Naturally, using the Inferno spell on enemies leads to this.
- Knight in Shining Armor
- The Lancer: To King Benetram in the starting Five-Man Band.
- Magic Knight: He's capable of wielding swords and using both the Inferno and Spark spells.
- Playing with Fire: Gets the Inferno spell after his second promotion.
- Shock and Awe: Gets the Spark spell after his first promotion.
A member of the Scn 1 Shining Force, he is a powerful knight of the Aspinian Republic, and one of Synbios's closest allies.—-
- The Big Guy: Of Scn 1's Five-Man Band.
- Blade on a Stick: Can be equipped with halberds and spears.
- Jousting Lance: Can be equipped with lances.
- The Lancer: To Synbios. They even have opposing armor colors (Synbios's red to Dantares's green).
- Lightning Bruiser: One of the strongest characters on Synbios' force, and has high speed and agility by virtue of being a knight.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has blue-violet hair.
A member of Scn 1's Shining Force, and a female elf mage with a mischievous streak.
A female kyantol healer. She served as a priestess by the time she was recruited by Synbios and the Shining Force.
- Combat Medic: You can choose the Attack option for her, making her whack enemies with her staffs.
- Cool Big Sis: To Masqurin
- Glacier Waif: Has the durability and speed of a Mighty Glacier, despite appearing as a Squishy Wizard.
- Punny Name: As a healer, she's the Shining Force's saving grace.
- The Smart Guy: of Scn 1's Five-Man Band.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Masqurin's red.
An male elf mage who is among the people of Quonus that are brainwashed by an evil spell. Defeating the enemy responsible without killing Noon is requisite for his joining the party.
Scn 2 Force
The leader of Scn 2's Shining Force. He is the third son of Emperor Domaric of the Destonian Empire. While he and Synbios are technically enemies, he ends up helping the latter more than once, feeling that there's something going on behind the scenes.
- Blue Blood: A member of royalty.
- The Hero: Of Scenario 2.
- The Leader: Of the Shining Force in Scenario 2.
- Magic Knight: Like Synbios, he could wield both Spark and Inferno.
- Playing with Fire: Has the Inferno spell.
- Royal Rapier: His default weapon, though he can be equipped with blades, knives, and swords.
- Shock and Awe: Has the Spark spell.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: He's more compassionate than his two militant brothers.
- The Un-Favourite
- Warrior Prince: As a Destonian prince and the leader of his Shining Force, he is one.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy
A centaur knight and a member of Medion's Shining Force.
- Badass Beard: Unlike Dantares, he sports an impressive beard.
- The Big Guy: In the starting Five-Man Band.
- Blade on a Stick: Can use halberds and spears.
- Jousting Lance: Primarily uses lances, but can be equipped with halberds and spears.
- The Lancer: To Medion.
- The Rival: To Dantares, as they are both centaur knights.
A female elf mage, much like Masqurin, and a member of Medion's Shining Force.
A dwarven male healer who is a member of Medion's Shining Force. He was introduced along with his leader in Scenario 1.
Scn 3 Force
The leader of Scenario 3's Shining Force. His father was murdered by the Vandal, Galm, which leads to a quest for vengeance.
A member of Julian's Shining Force. He is an innovator, an ancient race that is feared by the Vandals. All innovators go through an "evolution procedure" to reach their full strength, but for some reason he hadn't gone through it yet.
An old centaur knight who is a member of Julian's Shining Force.
The emperor of the Destonian Empire, and Medion's father from Scn 2. He was kidnapped by the Bulsom sect, necessitating the need for the Shining Force to rescue him.
- Abusive Parents: He treats Medion, his third son, like crap, leaving him starving for his attention. Then there's his blackmailing Medion into helping him with his plan to take back Aspia.
- The Chessmaster: It turns out he knew the Bulsom sect's kidnapping was coming and let it happen. Rather than call his traitorous son out immediately, he plants The Mole inside Arrawnt's conspiracy and plays along, allowing the "abduction" to throw both Destonia and Aspia into chaos. When the time is right, The Mole frees Domaric, who takes command of a loyal corps of soldiers within the rebel faction, blackmails Medion into providing his support, and marches straight on Aspia - just as he's wanted to ever since the country seceded 20 years before. He even sends a bit of behind-the-scenes "help" to the last remnants of the traitors, so they'll be able to knock down Aspia's castle walls for him before they die.
- The Dreaded: Feared by most of the populace in Shining Force III.