open/close all folders
Luna NolanThe Heroine of the visual novel. She's a young sorceress working under her grandmother.
- Butt-Monkey: She gets into trouble quite a bit, which basically makes her the town fool.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Towards the end of Sean White's route, she decides to give up her life to save Sean White. Fortunately, she doesn't stay dead.
- Raised by Grandparents: She has been taken care of by her grandmother.
- Rapunzel Hair: An accidental case. The potion she tries to make for Marybell causes her bangs to grow so long that she wasn't able to see where she was going.
Magic BookA spell owned by the heroine's grandmother. When she goes into another world, it begins communicating with her and informing her that sheneeds to make someone in that world happy in order to return to her own.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Since it's a magical book, it has a conscious of its own and it's able to communicate with the heroine through texts on its pages.
- Jerkass: It sometimes drifts into this territory, being rude towards the heroine and turning its nose at her attempts at using magic.
- Jerkass Has a Point: It's snarky and rude, but it brings up the point that the heroine's powers aren't strong enough for certain spells.
- Snarky Nonhuman Sidekick: While it's not technically a sidekick, it's the closest thing to a companion the heroine has for each world.
Princess MarybellMarybell is the princess of the heroine's country.
Sean White's Route
Sean WhiteSean White is a young prince living with the forest with the Little People.
- All-Loving Hero: He loves anyone and anything he meets.
- In the Sweet Ending, he forgives his stepfather for everything he had done and he still calls him, "Father".
- The Casanova: He flirts with any woman he meets. Even the heroine isn't immune to his charm.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He lost his father when he was a child. His mother remarried when he was ten and she passed away from an illness. Sean gave his stepfather the throne and he was soon targeted by his stepfather's assassins.
- Disney Death: He inevitably fulfills this trope when he eats the poisoned apple.
- Friend to All Living Things: He can befriend any kind of creature, including bears.
- It's All My Fault: He feels bad about giving the heroine a poisoned comb, which was meant for him.
- Mr. Fanservice: When the heroine is washing the poisonous perfume off him, his sprite shows off his buff upper body.
- Nice Guy: The heroine is convinced that with his big heart, the people of his kingdom are sure to love him.
- No Sense of Personal Space: He tries to get physically intimate with the heroine, despite her constant objections. There have been a few occasions where he's asked her to come to bed with him (although it's more likely he wanted to cuddle with her more than have sex with her...maybe).
- Perpetual Smiler: He seems to be cheerful most of the time.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Just like Snow White, he has ebony-black hair and snow-white skin.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. He's anything, but evil. His eye color only represents apples, the third and supposedly successful attempt on Snow White's life.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Towards the heroine. Although he has flirted with other women, he's truly loved the heroine.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He loves apples, which is used against him in the climax of his route.
Reuben and TotoReuben and Toto are the Little People that Sean White is living with.
- Ambiguous Gender: It's hard to tell if they're both boys, girls, or one of each. In the "Much Ado About the Book of Spells" spin-off, Toto tries to get the heroine (who had turned into a little girl) to call them "big sis". This either means that Toto is female or identifies as female.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Reuben wears blue and Toto wears red.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Reuben seems to be more responsible than Toto.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Both of them are blond and they're incredibly nice to the heroine and Sean White.
- Shipper on Deck: When Sean White informs them of his feelings for the heroine, they give him their full support.
- Shout-Out: When they go to work, one day, they sing the song that
Mirror SpiritA spirit that lives in a mirror in Sean White's castle.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: A non-romantic example for the heroine. She doesn't like the idea of the player is spending a lot of time with Sean White.
- The Corrupter: She manipulates the king into killing his stepson.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: When the player refuses to play with her, she calls for the guards.
- HeelFace Turn: After she realizes the error of her ways, she returns to the Little People's cottage to save Sean White.
The KingSean White's stepfather and the current ruler of the kingdom.
- Easily Forgiven: After everything he had done to Sean White, he's surprised that his stepson forgives him and still loves him in the Sweet Ending.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He truly loves his deceased wife and his stepson.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: His sprite isn't revealed until Chapter 9.
- My God, What Have I Done?: He's horrified by the thought that he killed his stepson.
- Offing the Offspring: Well, technically step-offspring. Just like the Evil Queen from the original tale, his goal is to kill his stepson. It's revealed that he doesn't want to kill Sean White.
- Wicked Stepfather: A gender-bent version of Snow White's Wicked Stepmother. Subverted since he actually got along with his stepson.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair, to be exact.
CindoCindo is an ex-noble living with his abusive stepfather and stepbrothers.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: He may look nice on the outside, but he's a twisted sadist who forces the protagonist to work under him.
- Cinderella Circumstances: He's a noble who's been turned into a slave by his stepfamily.
- Evil Albino: Less evil and more twisted.
- Freudian Excuse: Like his female counterpart, Cindo's mother passed away while she was married to her second husband. Afterwards, his stepfamily took everything away from him, reducing him to a servant in his own home.
- Jerkass: He starts out as one. Then he turns into A Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
OceanA merman who washed up on the shores.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: He has dark skin and platinum-blond hair.
GretelGretel is a young artist who got lost in the woods with his older brother, Hansel. He's doing everything he can to get him and Hansel back home safely.
- Big Brother Worship: Even though he's often annoyed by his older brother's antics, he greatly admires his brother's sculptures.
- Big Little Brother: He's taller than his older brother by a few inches.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: He is the responsible to Hansel's foolish. Gretel worries about him and his brother dying from starvation or hunger while Hansel goofs off most of the time.
- Sibling Triangle: He and his brother both develop feelings for the heroine. Whether he and the heroine get together depends on the ending the player gets.
- Supreme Chef: In addition to be masterful in art, he's also talented in cooking.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark gray hair, to be exact.
HanselHansel is Gretel's older brother and is lost in the woods. Unlike Gretel who is trying to get back home, Hansel is busy horsing around.
- Big Brother Instinct: As goofy as he is, Hansel cares about Gretel and will not let any harm come to his brother.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: He is the foolish to Gretel's responsible. He loves playing around while Gretel tries to keep them alive longer.
- Keet: He's energetic and loud.
- Sibling Triangle: Hansel harbors feelings for the heroine just like his kid brother does.
AstorAstor is Hansel and Gretel's father and a sculptor.
- Abusive Parents: He purposefully left his two sons in the forest in order to survive. Also, when the heroine uses her crystal to see how he's fairing without his sons, he insults them for their "lack of talent".
Marie BellMarie Bell is a love magic hunter who lives in the forest.
- Nice Hat: She wears a hunter's hat tilted to the left side.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark grey hair.
Raven and TotoRaven and Toto are a pair of mysterious twins who live in a candy house.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: They initially seem nice, taking in Hansel, Gretel and the heroine in when the trio are lost in the forest. However, when they express the desire to leave, Raven and Toto drop their façade and attempt to proceed with their plan to eat Hansel and Gretel.
- I Am A Humanitarian: They turn out to be sorcerers who eat people. They attempt to make Hansel and Gretel their next meals.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Raven and Toto are identical twins, but are distinguished by their own physical differences. Raven wears a purple tunic with a red jacket draped over his right shoulder and his hat tilted to the right side while Toto wears a beige tunic with a teal jacket draped over his left shoulder and his hat tilted to the left side.