Some spoilers are unmarked due to TV Tropes' spoiler policy.
The main character of Destiny Ninja 2. She is the daughter of the head of Yamato Island, and her family is in charge of keeping the peace.
- Action Girl
- Apocalypse Maiden: It is revealed that Yamato Island will be destroyed unless her true love kills her before her twentieth birthday.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her Season 1 battle outfit.
- Dead Guy Junior: Named after the heroine of Destiny Ninja.
- Dude Magnet: All the love interests are interested in her.
- First Love: To her chosen love interest. In Ibuki's, Akira's, Yoshimasa's, Mitsuru's and Kila's routes she did not fall in love with anyone during Season 1.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: The player has the option to change her name.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Wields a short sword in battle.
- Heroic Suicide: She is willing to let herself be killed if it means her country and the people she loves will survive. She doesn't actually want to die, though.
- Meaningful Name: Her default surname, Kushinada, is the name of the princess who was to be sacrificed to Orochi before Susanoo saved her.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She personally takes a journey to save her homeland.
- Royalty Super Power: The ability to wield the Three Sacred Treasures is passed down in her family.
- Sweet Tooth
- Together in Death: With Fuyukiku in his sad ending.
The son and heir to the Summer Village chieftain. He is respected by the village.
- Big Eater: He loves to eat and everyone else knows it.
- Demonic Possession: Bahamut takes over his body during the climax of his Season 2.
- Good Colors, Evil Colors: His hair is black and his clothes are blue when Bahamut is possessing him.
- Heal It with Fire: In his happy ending, he uses a flame called "Agni" to burn away the heroine's curse, saving her and Yamato Island.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His Weapon of Choice.
- Playing with Fire: He has the same fire skills as his ancestor.
- The Rival: To Kikyo.
The son of the Autumn Village chieftain. He is a candidate for the next chieftain and his goal is to earn the position.
- Badass Normal: Has trained all his life so he can be a match for those who possess the elemental skills he lacks.
- Cultured Badass: He likes black tea and playing erhu.
- Does Not Like Spam: He doesn't like spicy food.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: His Weapon of Choice is a sword with a long blade.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: He frequently insults the "country-breds" (usually Kaito). It turns out that he is jealous of elemental powers that ninjas from the other villages possess, as the Autumn Village folk are the only ones without those powers. He also feels inferior to Kaito because Kaito's position as future chieftain is assured while Kikyo's is not.
- The Rival: To Kaito.
- Shock and Awe: This power is granted to him by the Silver Snake at the end of his route.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He wants his father to accept him as his heir.
A ninja from the Summer Village. He is a very cheerful and sweet person but harbors a secret.
- Automatic Crossbows: His Weapon of Choice.
- The Cutie: The sweetest character in the game not counting his other side.
- Break the Cutie: Happened to him in the hidden village.
- Dark and Troubled Past: As a child, he was sent to a hidden village to train his ninja skills. It was an absolutely horrible place, and Shiroya's experience there caused him to develop an alternate personality to cope.
- Flower Motifs: Sunflowers.
- Parental Abandonment: He believes he's suffered this, resenting his parents for sending him to the hidden village. They didn't know how bad it was.
- Playing with Fire: He uses his ability to shoot flaming arrows from his crossbow.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When his eyes are red, it means his other personality is in control. Subverted in that the other Shiroya isn't actually evil.
- Split Personality: His more negative emotions developed into one to cope with the trauma of his horrible treatment in the hidden village.
- Stepford Smiler: He tries to stay cheerful to hide from his childhood trauma.
- Trauma Button: He doesn't do well in dark rooms. He had enough of them in the hidden village.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Anti-Villain: In Kaito's, Kikyo's and Shiroya's routes he says he wants the heroine dead. He was told she could be revived.
- Blade on a Stick: His Weapon of Choice is a naginata sword.
- Cruel to Be Kind: In his route, as well as those of Kaito, Kikyo and Shiroya, he seemingly hates the heroine and attempts to get her killed. He actually loved her very much and believed she could be brought back to life.
- An Ice Person
- Power Incontinence: He lives with the guilt of having almost killed Fuyukiku with his powers as a child. In his route, he loses control of his power when fighting the Ayakashis and accidentally hurts the heroine, causing Yayoi to want to eject him from the party.
- Red Right Hand: Averted in that the Winter Village people think his mismatched eyes are the mark of a demon. In reality it's just an inherited feature from his ancestor.
- Shared Unusual Trait: He inherited his heterochromia from his ancestor Mizuki.
- Wolverine Claws: His Weapon of Choice.
The son of the Spring Village chieftain. A somewhat distant person.
- Blade on a Stick: His Weapon of Choice is a spear.
- Blow You Away
- Bungled Suicide: He lets himself get badly injured while fighting the Ayakashis and later Kaito in what was supposed to be a friendly sparring match. Fortunately, the heroine is there to save him.
- Curtains Match the Window: Somewhat. His eyes are grayish-green.
- Does Not Like Spam: He doesn't like sweets.
- Elemental Hair Colors: Due to Wind Is Green.
- Missing Mom: His mother died when he was young.
- Stoic Woobie: He tends not to show his emotions, especially his lasting grief over his mother's death.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
A candidate for the chieftain of the Spring Village.
- Anti-Villain: Types II and III. The root of all his ambitions is abandonment by his parents.
- Driven to Suicide: Almost, in his route. Thoughts of Kila and the heroine waiting for him to come home persuade him to keep living.
- Evil Counterpart: To the heroine prior to his HeelFace Turn in certain routes.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With the decidedly not heterosexual Kila, who doesn't exactly have a problem with romancing Mitsuru...
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He schemes to make a peaceful world under his rule.
The guardian deity of the Winter Village. He lives in the Everflowing Waterfall.
- The Atoner: He was a feared evil god in the past who took human sacrifices. He's a much kinder god in the present and even tries to save the life of the heroine, who is supposed to be his sacrifice. The villagers still fear his anger, though.
- Heroic Sacrifice: At the end of Ran's route. He did it to save the heroine's life.
- Life Drinker: Due to the Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven coming from his tail, he absorbs some of the heroine's life force whenever she uses the Sword, because she's a descendant of one of his sacrifices.
- Fuyukiku, who is connected to Orochi, is able to restore her life force with a kiss in his route.
- Orochi: The very same, only not evil (anymore).
The guardian deity of the Spring Village.
The heroine of the first Destiny Ninja. She appears in the game as a spirit.
- Adaptation Name Change: Her name is whatever the heroine's name is. This means her default name is Ayame, despite having the default name of "Sakura" in Destiny Ninja.
- Friendly Ghost: In Ran's and Yayoi's routes. In Rindoh's and Ayu's routes, she becomes this once her negative emotions no longer corrupt her.
- Together in Death: In Ayu's route, she is able to move on to the afterlife to be with her beloved.
- Unfinished Business: In Rindoh's route, she was overtaken by her sorrow and guilt over the curse. In Ayu's route, she wants to find her beloved from long ago. In Yayoi's route, she was watching over everyone, feeling bad about not being able to dispel the heroine's curse.
- Abusive Parents: He seems to care very little (if at all) about Kikyo, considering he was going to get Kikyo killed.
- Manipulative Bastard: Tries to trick Kikyo into getting himself executed, and manipulates Rindoh into going along with his plans, including killing the heroine, lying to Rindoh that she would be brought back to life.
- Offing the Offspring: In Kikyo's route, he was going to have Kikyo arrested and executed for attacking the Summer Village, which Kikyo didn't know about and did on his father's orders.