Canna Corbett (played by RolloT)
A Human Avenger who worships Avandra. The aggressive and short-tempered Canna has had trouble getting along with her family for most of her life, leading to a desire to become a mercenary. When that ended badly, she fell into despair until Avandra chose her as her champion. Canna went over the wall with a definite purpose: to bring the gods back, and to destroy the Drow empire for what they've done.
A series titled Change Yourself, Change the World details key moments of Canna's backstory and can be read on RolloT's blog.
- Alliterative Name
- An Axe to Grind: Until Session 12.
- Badass Creed: "Luck favours the bold." (Even if it did blow up in her face a few times.)
- Broken Bird: Canna has issues - family issues and abandonment issues, more specifically.
- Cool Sword: An ancient fullblade with mysterious powers.
- Fiery Redhead: And for extra fun, some fanart depicts her hair as blood-red.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- The Lad-ette
- Parental Abandonment: Because as far as her mother is concerned, Canna is no longer her daughter.
- Religious Bruiser
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: To the point that when she got a new robe, she ripped the sleeves off.
Darek Corbett (played by Y: Ruler of Time)
A Human Artificer and the younger brother of Canna. As a young boy his parents discovered that he was an arcane prodigy, and decided that they wanted him to become a great wizard and bring fame and fortune to their household. Naturally he objected to this. When Canna eventually left to join a scouting party to go over the wall, Darek decided to follow her, and ended up managing to persuade her to let him join the group himself.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: At first. He still has his moments now and then, but he's more mature now than when he first joined the party.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: He hasn't passed out yet, but he somehow managed to get sloshed off his face from one beer.
- Child Mage: Technically a teenager, but he still fits, being the youngest member of the group and the only mage.
- Combat Medic
- Crossbow and Dagger in Accord
- Dogged Nice Guy: At first.
- The Smart Guy
- Teen Genius
Dahlia Foster (played by ArcLight)
A Half-Elf Battlemind. Dahlia was part of a previous scouting party that went over the wall, but the others were killed, and she was captured and tortured for several months. Eventually she escaped and returned south of the wall, and retreated to a solitary life dedicated to training and improving her abilities - during which she unlocked her psionic potential. Now she aims to make amends for the mistakes she made in her past, and become the great warrior she knows she is destined to be.
- Broken Bird
- Combat Medic: Dahlia's shield allows her to give temporary HP to her allies once a day (or twice, thanks to Darek). Depending on how many healing surges she has left, this can be a lot.
- Psychic Powers
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Is currently serving as a temporary vessel for the soul of a Dracolich. While she is currently in control (most of the time), the lich is intent on returning to physical form.
- Sole Survivor
- Warrior Poet
Serriah Grayth (played by SonikGav)
An Elf Ranger/Seeker. Serriah is the lone survivor of a druidic community, once great until it was destroyed by a seeemingly endless horde of goblins. In the years since the attack she mostly kept to herself, living in the wilderness, moving from place to place, and occasionally shooting poachers, loggers and goblins.
As you can probably guess, she really does not like goblins.
- Berserk Button: Goblins.
- Expy: A few details are different, but Serriah is basically Drycha under a different name.
- Nature Hero
- The Quiet One: Initially. Towards the end of the campaign she becomes fairly talkative.
- Scarily Competent Tracker
- Sole Survivor: Or so she thought.
Zelas Straad (played by Final Freek)
A Drow Thief. Originally from a town near Eastgate, Zelas left his family at a young age to fend for himself, and over the years grew from a street urchin into a daring thief. Eventually he got too confident and was caught when he tried to steal from a temple of Lolth. For this, Zelas was branded as a heretic and sent to be executed... but as fate would have it, the party attacked the prison transport that he was on, allowing him to escape and join the group.
An Eladrin who works in the service of Krakhadum, one of the last free powers in the south. She went on a scouting mission of her own one month before the party, and her failure to return kicks off the events of the campaign. Turns out that she's alive and well; she just got held up by the Winter Court on her way to meet Lady Pridwyn.
- Really 100+ Years Old: She fought in the War of the Dead, which happened roughly a hundred years before the events of the campaign, so that gives a fairly good idea.
- Wandering Minstrel
A Drow noblewoman who rules Westgate. Pridwyn is an opportunistic and pragmatic individual, able to read people like a book, and supposedly an old friend of Glyssa.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Pridwyn presents herself very differently from most Drow nobles (read: dresses modestly), and is much more lenient towards non-Drow. Considering her background, she'd have to be.
- Really 100+ Years Old: She fought alongside Glyssa in the War of the Dead. It's possible that Pridwyn's older than the Eladrin bard, given her rank at the time.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Retired Badass: Would you guess that she used to be a general?
An enormous Dragonborn warrior and one of the top mercenaries in Westgate. He leads a mercenary group which Canna, Serriah and Zelas join, and hangs around the Iron Cauldron when he isn't off on various jobs. He gets along well with Canna.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Brave Scot
- Eyepatch of Power
- Happily Married: To Ydria, a fellow mercenary. Canna is rather surprised to learn this.
- Large and in Charge
- Spell My Name with an "S": Until MechaGM revealed the spelling of his name, people weren't sure if it was "John" or "Jann".
The Winter Queen
The ruler of the Winter Court, a power of the Feywild which stayed out of the war against the Drow.
- Physical Goddess: To give an idea, warlocks are known to swear pacts in her name.
Canna and Darek's uncle, who was very close to his niece and the closest thing she had to a father. He left to go over the wall shortly before Darek was born, and hasn't been seen or heard from since; everyone has long assumed that he's dead.
- Badass Normal: Leon didn't have any exceptional qualities aside from refusing to give up, but if Jadeis's word can be trusted, he managed to accomplish a lot through that stubbornness alone.
- Cool Uncle
- Never Found the Body: As of Session 23, his fate is still unclear.
- Posthumous Character: Of course, that's assuming that he is dead.
Part of a criminal group that distributed "confidence"; Ralhausen appears to be involved in the production of it. He is also a capable mage and a fearsome opponent in his own right. Darek kills him in Session 5. However, he's brought back from the dead and put back to work making constructs. Ralhausen fights the party two more times with new tricks up his sleeve, but is seemingly defeated the third time.
- Back from the Dead
- Came Back Strong
- Doppelgänger Attack: In the second and third fights against him.
- Mad Scientist
- Shock and Awe: Quoth YROT, "It's almost as if he's lightning-themed!"
Lord Errol Jadeis
A human nobleman, wizard and priest who leads a cult worshipping He Who Walks on Flame and Earth, a Primordial. He wants to rid the world of the Drow, but it's clear that he isn't any better. Jadeis is also much older than he seems - he used to be an actual lord, but his city was lost in the Drow invasion. While his cult wants to release its beloved Primordial, he's just after the power he needs to fight the Drow directly.
- Aristocrats Are Evil
- Berserk Button: He's rather touchy about his family.
- Big Bad: The closest thing the campaign currently has to one, at any rate. Probably going to wind up as an Arc Villain.
- Dishing Out Dirt: The few times he's been seen attacking or about to attack, he summons stones around his fist.
- Faux Affably Evil: He's perfectly polite and level-headed, even while preparing to torture someone, gloating to them while they're tied up, or just plain punching them.
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope
- Older Than They Look: He's been fighting against the Drow for over fifty years, but he doesn't look anywhere near that old. It's heavily implied that this is because of a Deal with the Devil.
A succubus who works with Lord Jadeis. As early as the party's first trip to Welgard it's clear that she's taking a direct role in working against them, but it isn't until later that we learn how: by laying a claim to Zelas and manipulating him to sabotage his relationship with Canna.
- The Dragon: To Lord Jadeis. Maybe.
- Dragon with an Agenda: She's in it to make Zelas her loyal consort - and, if her word can be trusted, to try and free the gods.
- Faux Affably Evil
- Horny Devils: Up to and including the classic succubus tactics, like mind control, shapeshifting and manipulation. However, it's clear that she's more powerful than your typical succubus. The effects of her kisses don't wear off with time, as Zelas finds out the hard way.
- Manipulative Bitch
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Winged Humanoid: When not shapeshifted.
Originally a black dragon, this Dracolich was a formidable opponent during the War of the Dead - so formidable, in fact, that he could not be defeated permanently and had to be imprisoned within a temple of Moradin. The party encounters and fights him within the temple, but while they destroy him, he still isn't easy to get rid of. Mostly because a shard of his makeshift phylactery got inside Dahlia and he's waiting for a chance to return to the world of the living.