The Warlocks of Shadowhunter Peril.
Go back to the Character Index here.
Veronica Marie Carter
- Played by The Doomsday Architect
Veronica is probably the zaniest member of the Resistance—she is a warlock, and therefore has near-limitless potential for magical power, but chooses not to use it for as-yet-unexplained reasons. It has been confirmed she is clinically insane, but what kind of mental disorder she has remains to be seen.
In the Alternate Universe, Veronica has been corrupted by Valentine's essence, which escaped from the book just before she finished trapping him inside it. Two years have passed, and she now rules even an even worse Crapsack World than Valentine did.
Tropes that apply to Veronica in the canon storyline
- Action Girl: Despite her uncontrollable nature, Veronica can actually kick some ass when she manages to focus on something for more than three seconds. See BFS.
- Affectionate Nickname: She calls Bezaliel "Beza".
- Animal Eyes: She has slit pupils.
- Ax-Crazy: Often combined with Genki Girl. Veronica can be very, very homicidal if she gets ticked off.
- Bazooka Frenzy
- Beta Couple: With Bezaliel.
- BFG: She has a bazooka called Big Bertha.
- BFS: Veronica LOVES these. She has a claymore.
- Breakout Character: Along with Etzel, Ethan, Dieter, Nicholas, Umbra, Bezaliel, Kitty, and Puriel, she became recognized as one of the more popular characters and the entire group was upgraded to the main cast.
- Combat Tentacles: Her homemade pies sprout these. If you manage to kill the thing that lives inside them, they are actually quite tasty.
- Confusion Fu: Word of God says that Veronica is actually one of the worst fighters of the series, but she makes up for her lack of skill by being completely unpredictable.
- Cute and Psycho: This is probably the first thing that people are aware of about her when they first meet her.
- Establishing Character Moment: Greets May (a stranger at the time) with a hug, then blows a whistle to call all nearby demons and kill them with her as a bonding exercise.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: She's often pulled a bazooka on her allies for absolutely no reason. Either the bazooka or her demonic pies.
- Genki Girl: She's often tired out other people just by being near them. Often combined with Ax Crazy for disturbing, hilarious events.
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: The main (if not only) reason for her trying to get Nicholas and Umbra together was so she could make a sex tape of them.
- Large Ham: Sweet Jesus yes."INTO THE PURSE. NOW."
- Leeroy Jenkins
- Mama Bear: One of the few moments where Veronica got scary rather than crazy. When Ethan was poisoned twice in succession by the incompetence of other members of the Resistance, Veronica lost it, threatening to cut out every single one of Dave's organs while still keeping him alive, and then finally slicing him into pieces. She even scared Puriel.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Too many examples of this to list, really.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The Masculine Girl to Bezaliel's Feminine Boy.
- Motor Mouth: To the point where Lilith wanted to impale herself on her own sword.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- Off Screen Moment Of Awesome: Stealing the Book of Red from Lilith behind her back before the stroy started.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They're red-gold, and she's not as intimidating as the other examples on that page, but still.
- Shipper on Deck: Was a huge fan of Umbra/Nicholas even before they realized their feelings for each other.
- Ship Tease: With Bezaliel. There was also a pretty blatant one between her and Etzel when he walked in on her naked and she acted like nothing was wrong. For that matter, neither did Etzel.
- Trigger Happy: Stalling a fight with Veronica may keep you alive longer, but it also manages to piss her off more, and she'll more than likely try to shoot you. If you survive an encounter with her but are now marked as an Arch-Enemy in her book, and you happen to meet her again, expect to be greeted by a *Click* Hello.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend
- Yaoi Fangirl
Tropes that apply to Veronica in the alternate universe
- Alpha Bitch
- Affably Evil: An in-universe example. Much to the mixed horror and anguish of the Resistance, Veronica has retained most of her personality before switching sides.
- Faux Affably Evil: Out-universe, to the audience.
- God Save Us from the Queen!
- Hair-Trigger Temper: One of the few persoanlity traits retained from the original Veronica, pre-transformation.
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: Fully embraced Valentine's evil aura and didn't try to fight it.
- Laughing Mad
- Limp and Livid
- Of Corsets Sexy
- Physical God: She's much, much more powerful than she was in the canon storyline, her power having been boosted thanks to Valentine.
- Pimped-Out Dress
- The Corrupter: She brainwashes Bezaliel by giving him a magic-infused kiss.
- The Corruptible: She became infused with Valentine's essence he left behind after sealing him in her book.
A 900 year old warlock, Osiris is a wandering warrior who joins up with the Resistance near beginning of the final battle. Not much is known about him currently.
Tropes that apply to Osiris
- Dark Is Not Evil: But it is a jerk.
- Dual Wielding
- Handicapped Badass: He has some kind of debilitating condition that causes random, uncontrollable spasms of pain.
- Hellish Pupils
- Knight In Sour Armor
- Nigh Invulernability: His swords disintegrate into a fast-moving barrier that surrounds him when he's not using them. The strength of the barrier depends on the number of swords he's not using.
- Mix-and-Match Weapon: His main sword has two revolvers attached to either side of the hilt. It's played surprisingly realistically.
- The Stoic
- Walking Armory: He carries six swords with him, and a seventh larger one on his back.