open/close all folders
Vaessarel Svernaujir Vakarian
Daughter of the late King Cailan of Corvel and great bronze dragon Vorebensel Svernaujir, Vaessarel is a trained ranger and the party's leader.
- Breath Weapon: Lightning breath, inherited from her mother.
- The Hero: The party's undisputed leader.
- Half-Human Hybrid: The child of a human and a dragon. Like the more common dragonborn, she has a scales, a draconic head and a Breath Weapon, though she also has a tail.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: In this case, flee the palace and lead an adventuring party. Even before that, she received training to be a ranger and served in the Royal Army.
Hailing from a half-orc village in the mountains of Corvel, Othar is a paladin of Motsham, the god of light and wisdom, and was the first to join Vaessarel's cause. Despite what his powerful build and fierce orcish features might suggest, Othar is the most pacifistic and compassionate member of the party.
- An Axe to Grind: Othar's standard weapon is his simple battleaxe.
- Due to the Dead: You can count on Othar to see to it that even murderous necromancers are buried and prayed for.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Orc and human blood. He's not first generation, though, being descended from other half-orcs.
- Healing Hands: Being a D&D paladin, having the ability to Lay On Hands is a given.
Once a Saesurnean petty thief and card sharp, Crowe made the horrible mistake of gambling with the Baroness Lulianne, an ambitious mage. Lulianne won Crowe's soul and used it to animate a scarecrow body. However, he managed to escape the Baroness and flee Saesurnu. Intent on getting his body back one day - and making a healthy profit while he's at it - he grudgingly follows Vaessarel.
- Boxed Crook: Vaessarel brought him into the party after his arrest in Caladale, both in order to make use of his skills and in order to reform him.
- Epic Fail: The typical result of his attempts at thievery.
- Fatal Flaw: Greed. Crowe is intelligent and generally loathe to risk his skin, but when faced with the prospect of a profit, he's left with the survival instincts of a suicidal lemming.
- Token Evil Teammate: Greedy and self-serving above all else, he is the party's least moral member by a good shot.
Once an orphan lion cub adopted by an old cryomancer, Zyce was transformed by profound exposure to magical energy, becoming anthropomorphic and gaining chaotic magical powers of his own.
- An Ice Person: Like his mentor, many of his spells are ice-based.
- Sunglasses at Night: Never takes off his shades, even when they render him nearly blind in the dark.
- Casanova Wannabe: Zyce often attempts to flirt with townsfolk to varying degrees of success.
- You Gotta Have Blue Fur: One of the side effects of being thaumatomorphed.
Cast from his tribe in the icy north for the "weakness" of having a stronger-than-average conscience, barbaric minotaur Orion now walks the earth as an outlawed Clanless. He serves as the party's strong man, more than happy to smash stuff - and people - in whatever direction Vaessarel points him.
- An Axe to Grind: His trademark greataxe.
- The Big Guy: A hulking minotaur barbarian. What else would he be?
- Dumb Muscle: Intelligence is not Orion's forte.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: The typical fate of his enemies.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Orion's problem-solving strategies tend to go thus: apply greataxe (or hammer, or horns) to problem. If problem persists, repeat step one.
The Sheriff of Caladale and the party's first ally.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Take a wild guess.
A shady traveling merchant, Marten Copperhead kidnapped Zyce in the northern city of Tallowtown, intending to sell the talking lion in Telvaria. When skeletons attacked Caladale, Copperhead fled, but was forced to leave Zyce behind. Accused of slavery - illegal in Corvel - he remains at large.
- Insistent Terminology: Zyce is an animal, not a person, so he cannot possibly be a slave.