Characters in Sense8 who live in Mexico City, Mexico, home city of Lito Rodriguez.
Lito's secret boyfriend, a professor.
- Deadpan Snarker: Case in point: he snarkily informing Daniela that Lito's 'problem' with hooking up with her is her lack of a penis.
- Hot Teacher: He lectures professionally on art and Lito and Dani certainly find him attractive.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Unlike Amanita, Hernando is unaware that Lito is a sensate. By the time of the Series Finale, he and Daniela have been brought into the secret.
- Morality Chain: He is one for Lito. This eventually leads to their temporary breakup because he could not stand to let Daniela get hurt just so Lito can protect his career..
- Nerds Are Sexy: Wears glasses all the time, reads lots of books, and went to an art exhibit with Lito on his first date with him. And he's extremely attractive.
- Nice Guy: Hernando is so sweet and passionate about everything that even Dani falls a bit in love with him.
- The Philosopher: On their first date together Lito and Hernando share an intellectual moment talking about the nature of freedom and love in front of Diego Rivera's artworks.
- Real Men Can Cook: Daniela thinks he's good enough to open a restaurant.
- Secret Relationship: With Lito.
- Straight Gay: He fits this better than Lito, who is more Manly Gay.
- Understanding Boyfriend: He's not a sensate himself, or anything more than an art teacher, but he takes Lito being a member of a secret human species with a psychic connection to seven other people fighting against an international terrorist organization in stride.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Hernando ends their relationship after Lito allows Daniela to reenter an abusive relationship to protect his career.
An actress friend of Lito's who's acting as his beard for the public.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Dani."
- The Atoner: Becomes this when she goes back to Joaquin to keep him from blackmailing Lito.
- The Beard: She was this unwittingly, unaware of Lito's intentions with their flirtation. When she finds out, however, she's down with pretending to be Lito's girlfriend, as it keeps her away from her abusive ex-boyfriend and she believes in Guy-on-Guy Is Hot.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: While watching Hernando and Lito have sex.
- Badass Normal: Regular human without the connection the cluster shares. Beats down Whispers and turns his Breaking Speech back at him.
- Defiant Captive: She returned to Joaquin for Lito's sake, but was more than ready to leave when Lito came for her. She even hit Joaquin with a shovel.
- Distressed Damsel: Lito has to rescue her from Joaquin.
- Fag Hag: Is a little overly keen about getting to stay with two attractive gay men.
- Family of Choice: She has a strained relationship with her parents and chooses to remain with Lito and Hernando when they come to bring her home.
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: Believes in this to an extreme degree, to the point where she will masturbate while Hernando and Lito have sex. This actually becomes a plot point when Joaquin steals her phone, which has pictures of Hernando and Lito having sex on them.
- Incompatible Orientation: At least at first, Daniela is very interested in being more than Lito's screen partner.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Unaware that Lito is a sensate until the Series Finale.
- Mafia Princess: It's heavily implied that her father runs a drug cartel.
- Ms. Fanservice: She spends a lot of time hanging around Lito's house in her underwear.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Taking pictures of Lito and Hernando for her own entertainment comes back to bite them in the ass when Joaquin steals her phone and threatens to leak the pictures if Daniela doesn't get back together with him.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: By getting carried away and snapping photos of Lito having sex with Hernando, she puts all three of them in jeopardy when Joaquin steals her phone.
- Plucky Girl: She can be very determined when she puts her mind to something, first by convincing Lito to speak at the pride parade then later by getting him a movie deal by talking to two producers on the phone simultaneously.
- Shipper on Deck: She is definitely pushing for Lito and Hernando to be together and have happy memories.
- The Social Expert: She knows how to work the film industry very well due to her connections and her experience from her early years as a young actress with no agent. She even acts as Lito's impromptu agent when his agency drops him due to the pride parade, and she instantly gets him an meeting with a producer by calling two studios and playing them off each other.Dani: In this business, timing is everything.
- Stocking Filler: Dani plays a nun in Lito's telenovela, and in one scene is shown wearing thigh-highs under her tattered habit.
- Sunglasses at Night: Wears them when she moves out of Lito and Hernando's place and meets them to get her luggage. It's to hide the bruises Joaquin's left on her face.
- Your Cheating Heart:
- She admits to Lito and Hernando that she slept with Joaquin's best friend.
- Before that, she was totally down with having sex with Lito even after he protested he was taken.
An ex-boyfriend of Daniela's.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He has it out for Lito, the guy the public thinks is Daniela's new boyfriend.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Get this on both ends. First gives one to Lito when he comes to take Daniela back, then receives it when Wolfgang steps in.
- Domestic Abuse: He beat Daniela while they were together and does this again when he blackmails her into getting back together with him.
- Establishing Character Moment: When he first meets Lito he holds a knife to Lito's jugular, explaining that's the best way to kill a man.
- Faux Affably Evil: His early scenes show his obsession with Daniela in a more comical light, including a scene where he drunkenly requests that he see Lito have sex with Daniela so that he can know "how to win her back." This all becomes much less comical when his abuse towards Daniela comes to light.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: He physically abused Daniela and chalked it up to Mexican machismo, and calls Lito a "faggot" when he comes to rescue Daniela.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Gender Flipped. He's clearly not over Daniela leaving him, and even breaks into Lito's house just so he can ask what he did wrong. (Daniela helpfully reminds him it may have had something to do with the physical abuse.) He later blackmails her into getting back together with him and still treats her badly after she agrees.
- Affectionate Nickname: Calls Lito "my baby penguin" during the Christmas special.
- Drama Queen: Although she makes it crystal clear that she loves and supports Lito, she didnt say so until after letting him find all the tabloid pictures carefully arranged on the table and dramatizing her own social ostracization. At least we know Lito comes by it honestly.
- To be fair, Lito had to know that she would get hit with a lot of unpleasantness once he decided to let Joaquin release the pictures and apparently didnt give her a heads-up. Or even call home at all for months afterward.
- Open-Minded Parent: One of the few people to unconditionally support Lito after he is Forced Out of the Closet, and asserts that she loves her son no matter what.