General tropes associated with them:
Yoshino "Hideyoshi" Hide
The main character. She is a ditsy schoolgirl who finds herself transported to an alternate Feudal Japan made up of women. She often brings a lot of modern ethics to this time, including finding uses for her mobile phone despite not being able to get a reception. She is made Oda's retainer after showing skill with a staff. She is nicknamed "Hideyoshi" after Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Animal Motif: The Monkey
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Girlish Pigtails/Odango
- The Heart
- Martial Arts Headband
- Punny Name
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
A male dog which wears a feudal helmet and has the ability to talk, though he only talks around Hideyoshi. He is knowledgeable about the world and time, and the fact Hideyoshi is not from it.
A feudal lord who desires to gather pieces of a mystical armor to unite the nations. She is short tempered and violent. She wields a large sword and appears to be able to control flames.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Badass Cape
- Calling Your Attacks
- Chainmail Bikini
- Dark Is Not Evil: Interestingly enough, this is one of the few examples of a non-villainous Oda Nobunaga in fiction. Instead of being a heartless conqueror bent on uniting the warring states under her rule as a cruel dictator, Nobunaga instead wants to unify Japan into a single entity to stop their territories' needless cycles of war, and become a strong nation. However, she learns through her quest for the incredible power of the Crimson Armor that power in and of itself does not make a great leader.
- Action Girl
- BFS: Her Cruel Blade.
- Evil Laugh
- Facial Markings
- Fiery Redhead
- High Collar of Doom
- Oblivious to Love: Does not notice Mitsuhide's affections for her.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Unusual Eyebrows
- Vapor Wear
Nobunaga's humble aide, who is often bemused at her acceptance of Hideyoshi's odd behavior and appears to secretly be infatuated with Oda. To this end, she is prepared to do whatever it takes to "make Nobunaga happy", which is why she is willing to acquire the Crimson Armor set on her feudal lord's behalf. Subsequently, she is also jealous, at times, with Hide's interactions with Nobunaga. She bears a resemblance to one of Hideyoshi's classmates from her time. Her weapon of choice is kunai.
- Blind Without 'Em: As we learn when Nobunaga "punishes" her for disobeying orders.
- Girls Are Really Scared Of Horror Stories
- Knife Nut: Wields a kunai and has a very creepy look when sharpening it.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: On some occassions, showing off her jealousy of Hideyoshi for being the favorite of Nobunaga.
- Subordinate Excuse
- Yandere: Type 1
A warrior affiliated with Nobunaga and Mitsuhide. She is secretly Hideyoshi's teacher.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: With Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- Eyepatch of Power: Obviously.
- Hot Teacher
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A feudal lord who wields a large fan and seems to control wind and fire. She owns a section of the Crimson Armor and is friends/rivals with Kenshin. She is rather awkward in expressing herself. She appears to be unaware of the power of the Armor.
- Blow You Away/Playing with Fire
- Friendly Rival: With Uesugi Kenshin. Hideyoshi even lampshades this when they're first introduced, something that is later confirmed by their actions towards one another. They fight, they throw insults around, but they have great respect for one another as combatants as well as friends, and — up until Nobunaga intervened — had only fought one another to the point where they were fighting because they had so much fun.
- Honor Before Reason: When she was bested by Nobunaga in combat, she asked that she take her life, because she had shamed herself and the Takeda Clan with this defeat to someone other than her rival. Thankfully, Kenshin intervened on her behalf and prevented her friend's death.
- Paper Fan of Doom: In relation to her legendary duel with Kenshin, Shingen's signature weapon is a gunbai war fan, primarily used to signal troops, though here, she uses it to control her fire and wind abilities, and as a thrusting/stabbing weapon.
- The Rival: To Uesugi Kenshin, much like in history.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: She sees her rivalry with Kenshin as this.
A feudal lord who wields a spear and utilizes lightning. She owns a section of the Crimson Armor and is friends/rivals with Shingen. She appears to be unaware of the power of the Armor.
- Blade on a Stick
- Friendly Rival: To Takeda Shingen. Hideyoshi even lampshades this when they're first introduced, something that is later confirmed by their actions towards one another. They fight, they throw insults around, but they have great respect for one another as combatants as well as friends, and — up until Nobunaga intervened — had only fought one another to the point where they were fighting because they had so much fun. When Nobunaga bested Shingen in battle and nearly took her head, Kenshin stepped in and offered both her head and her portion of the Crimson Armor to Nobunaga, in exchange for Shingen's life, all but stating that they were friends. She never said it directly, but you could tell by her tone of voice and her expression.
- The Rival: To Takeda Shingen.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: She sees her friendly rivalry with Shingen as this, to the point of offering her own life and portion of the Crimson Armor to Nobunaga after the latter bested Shingen in combat and nearly took her head.
- Shock and Awe
- Spam Attack: Raiko Rengetsu-o (Lightning Spear Flurry).
A feudal lord whose primary weapon is a yumi. She owned the left leg of the Crimson Armor but lost it to Nobunaga in a game. She is often bored and considers Nobunaga "fun". To her, Tokugawa is nothing short of a cute little sister. In episode 7, she is revealed to be a yuri fan.
Yoshimoto's retainer, who wields a priestess staff and magic in battle. Despite letting on as gentle and obedient, Tokugawa is actually manipulative and also after the Crimson Armor. She bears a resemblance to one of Hideyoshi's classmates.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Pretty much.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: With Date Masamune
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Facial Markings: In the game and the anime.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Manipulative Bitch
- Slasher Smile: Flashes one every once in a while, most notable when she threatens to kill Date for the armor.
A ninja who serves Ieyasu.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Hanzo. She suffers the same devotion that Mitsuhide has, but unlike Nobunaga's obliviousness, Ieyasu is just plain mean and insulting.
- Nerd Glasses
- Faceless Mooks/Actually Four Mooks: In episode 11, "Hanzo" turns out to refer to about seventeen identically-clad shinobi.
- BFG: Her Don Frankie cannon.
- Genius Bonus: Her entire appearance is full of subtle clues to the history of the real life Otomo clan. The Otomo clan were among the first Japanese to convert to Christianity, hence she wears a cross and carries a European cannon instead of a traditional weapon like the other characters.