Characters page from Sengoku Ace series. The list is mostly for main characters of the series, with the exception of Kaen.
Known only as Koyori
as well as Miko
in US/Europe releases, she's the undisputed Series Mascot
of the series, as well of Psikyo
itself. A tomboyish
miko that fights with ofuda sells and a Mon
that helps her in Blade
. In the first game, she was a Pettanko
with a Boyish Short Hair
, but after Blade She Is All Grown Up
, becoming the Ms. Fanservice
of the series and also appearing in various other games of the company. She's voiced by Hiroko Emori
and later by Maria Kawamura
- Absolute Cleavage: Koyori is the Trope Codifier of the series, even in Sengoku Ace/Samurai Aces where she was a Pettanko.
- Action Girl
- Ambiguously Bi: Koyori isn't afraid of being pairing even with women, as seen in various of her endings in Blade.
- Big Breast Pride: Koyori is very proud of her breasts and she's not afraid to show them (specially in her Taisen Hot Gimmick appearances.)
- Bounty Hunter: In all the games, Koyori goes to save the princess only because of the reward offered for her rescue (and for the adventure, of course.)
- Bowdlerise: In the Tengai 2014 port made for iOS and Android, Koyori's Absolute Cleavage was covered with more clothes below the haori (kimono jacket.)
- Buxom Is Better: Her adult form is widely more known than her younger appearance in Ace because of this.
- Cool Plane: In Ace, Koyori flies a WWII-like red biplane.
- Dub Name Change: She's most known as "Miko" outside Japan.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Koyori wears a pair of aviator goggles she has in her hair.
- Lady of War
- Merchandise-Driven: Koyori has various figures made, some of them are VERY Not Safe for Work.
- Mineral MacGuffin: The green gem Koyori has in her neck allows her magical power and the ability of flying.
- Miko: With the exception of her Absolute Cleavage and her aviator goggles, Koyori dresses a traditional Shrine Maiden outfit.
- Mon: Koyori has a spirit called Basaro that helps her in Blade.
- Money Fetish: Especially notorious in Ace, but in general Koyori is more moved for the reward than for to save the world.
- Ms. Fanservice: Of all the series.
- My Future Self and Me: Koyori appears in her young (Ace) and adult (Blade/Cannon) forms in Taisen Net Gimmick: Capcom vs. Psikyo All Stars, both as separate characters.
- Only One Name: Her last name is revealed only in the first game, but in the sequels, she's only known just by her first name.
- Progressively Prettier: Koyori changed for good between Ace and Blade.
- Rapunzel Hair: Contrasted with her Boyish Short Hair from Ace.
- Red Is Heroic: Apart of white, one of her main colors is the red hakama she wears.
- Secret Character: Koyori appears as a hidden character in some of Taisen Hot Gimmick games.
- She Is All Grown Up: Between Ace and Blade had passed various years, and Koyori's body has developed veeeeery well.
- Tomboy: Even with the Girliness Upgrade, Koyori still has some tomboy attitudes and is considered as One of the Boys by the rest of the crew.
The monk of the series, a Badass Preacher
that attacks with various shinto techniques, even stated as The Protagonist
in Western versions of Sengoku Blade
. He's one of the 3 characters that appeared in all the games, apart of Koyori and Ayin. He's voiced by Daisuke Gori
and later by Shozo Iizuka
The badass Samurai
of the series, also known as Psikyo's Guest Fighter
, who appeared in diverse game series of the company, not just shmups like Gunbird
and Strikers 1945
. Also, he's one of the 3 characters that appeared in all the series, apart of Koyori and Tengai. He's voiced by Hisao Egawa
and later by Norio Wakamoto
- Adaptation Dye-Job: His first appearance in Strikers 1945 he used brown hair, but since this series (and all further appearances), Ayin becomes blonde.
- Ambiguously Bi: Ayin looks like he hasn't no problem shipping men in some Team Play endings with another man, specially the ones with Tengai.
- Butt-Monkey: Of the series, mostly because of his Bad Luck Charm.
- Canon Immigrant: Ayin originally was created as one of the pilots of first Strikers 1945 game, but later was retconned as a character exclusive for this game.
- Cool Plane: He flies a Kyushu J7W Shinden in all games.
- Dub Name Change/I Have Many Names: His name changes depending on the version: Flush, Flash, Kain, Ein or Aine (last ones interpretations of his real name.)
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Ayin's body is covered with scars.
- Handicapped Badass: Ayin has only one good eye, having in the other an Eyepatch of Power.
- Identical Stranger: Probably not intended, but Ayin sometimes looks like a blonde Genjuro Kibagami with Jubei Yagyu's eyepatch and haircut.
- I Will Find You: The main plot for Ayin is to find her beloved sister Asuka without knowing she was in his own house ALL THE TIME.
- Katanas Are Just Better: He only attacks with arrows, but as his charged move, Ayin make a big slash with his katana to make a lot of damage on enemies, which only works being closer to them.
- Mr. Fanservice: Ayin is a muscled man who's not afraid to show all the Female Gaze he can, included having scenes with Pants-Free where he only wears a Fundoshi...
- Only One Name: No matter the version you know him, he's only having one name in all of them.
- Sacred Bow and Arrows: In Blade and Cannon, his main weapon is his bow and arrows, which are unlimited shoots, and when you've gaining Power-Up, also his bow becomes an Energy Bow and also shoots energy slashes apart of arrows.
- Secret Character: Of Blade, unlockable after a simple Cheat Code in Select Screen.
- Also appears in Gunbird 2 and one of Taisen Hot Gimmick games as this.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Sister: He may be not so Gonk, but his sister is very pretty to get some resemblances with him, as seen in his endings.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Since Blade and onwards on the series, as well his subsequented appearances.
Jane HayateThe Protagonist
of Sengoku Ace
, a kunoichi
that manages a Leonardo da Vinci
-like plane and attacks with kunais. After the first game, she disappeared from the map and his young sister Junis goes to find her. As with Koyori, her voice was made by Hiroko Emori
A "super genius dog" flying a high-tech F-15 aircraft.
A 77-year-old scientist with a small robot assistant named Ranmaru, who flies a small, agile "Super Fighter" plane that resembles an X-wing starfighter from Star Wars
. As with Tengai, he's voiced by Daisuke Gori
of Sengoku Blade
, Shoumaru is a young Samurai
that goes to rescue the princess as well to fight his father (who's also one of the Big Bads
of the game). He is voiced by Takehito Koyasu
A spunky young kunoichi
with a pet lemur named Socrates that appears in Sengoku Blade
. She's also Jane's sister and Junis is looking for her after her disappearance after the events of Ace
. Also she's a Secret Character
in the sequel Sengoku Cannon
. She is voiced by Hiroko Kasahara
The third original character made for Sengoku Blade
. A Samurai Robot
that works with magic and goes to recover its human body stolen by the Big Bad
to be a human again. Not related to the other
robot samurai named Hagane
. It is voiced by Hochu Otsuka
One of the Elite Mooks
of Sengoku Blade
and the only woman of the bad guys, Kaen gained enough popularity
to appear in various artworks, not just from the game itself, also she's the only villain that appears in more than one title, in this case in Sengoku Cannon
The "main" character of Sengoku Cannon
, as it were. He attacks with energy waves, and shoots homing lasers for his special attack.
The requisite cutesy girl and the second original character
from Sengoku Cannon
apart of Masamitsu. Her needle attacks have huge width, with her special attack, she fires out a huge purple beam of kanji. Also, she's disciple of Tengai.