Characters that appear in selector infected WIXOSS
WARNING: Spoilers ahead!
- Adults Are Useless/Adult Fear: The parents (particularly mothers) of the main Selectors are either one to a degree, such as Ruuko's mom abandoning her, Hitoe's mom becoming worried about her daughter's well-being during the period when Hitoe's wish was tainted, and Akira being an ungrateful child to her own mom.
- Becoming the Genie: The ultimate fate of the winning Selectors. Her LRIG will take over her body and she herself will become a LRIG. Basically, it's Fate Worse than Death.
- Blood Knight: Inevitable to some.
- The Chosen One: Once a girl meets her LRIG for the first time, she becomes a Selector.
- Dangerous Workplace: Most of the Selector battles take place in unusual and unsafe areas, such as dark alleys and nearby construction sites. This is mainly because their game will not count when people not aware of the game interrupt it, which is very easy to do in more public areas. Not that it isn't impossible to be interrupted in construction sites, though.
- Driven to Madness: Apparently, the card game can lead the Selectors to their obsession of having to seek and battle others just so they can fulfill their innermost wishes. Of course, this has cost them everyone and everything around them, which later would be their downfall. Akira and Yuzuki are the most notable ones.
- Estrogen Brigade: An In-Universe example. While the card game is targeted towards females, there are male players. However, only the females can become Selectors.
- Foil: Some of the relationships between Selectors and LRIGs have this.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: When a Selector loses her three battles, she loses her LRIG and her right as a Selector, as well as her wish getting reversed, which means that their wish can never come true. When a Selector fulfills all conditions to become an Eternal Girl, she becomes a LRIG and her now-former LRIG owns her wish and her body.
- Power Trio: Ruuko, Yuzuki, and Hitoe in Infected. Chiyori takes Yuzuki's place in Spread.
- Ruuko is a child who is abandoned by her mother and has no problems not making friends.
- Yuzuki is in love with her brother and will sacrifice anything just to be with him.
- Hitoe is a shy girl who just wants to have friends.
- Akira is a two-face cutie who has an intense envy towards her fellow idol Iona and wants to ruin her career.
- Iona herself is a dedicated Selector who could care less about her own idol career and wants to battle strong opponents forever.
- Fumio wanted to be a novelist. After a lot of stress, she succumbs to battling other Selectors to get her wish done. The present Fumio is her LRIG Futase.
A Naïve Newcomer to the card game with no wish to desire at first. She has a white card deck with Tama as her LRIG.
- Blood Knight: Starts to realize that she really enjoys Selector battles. She feels terrible about it, as she doesn't want to get in the way of other Selectors' wishes since she doesn't have a wish herself. She starts to enjoy it again in her match with Iona in Infected episode 7.
- Curbstomp Battle: She completely takes down Akira in their first battle.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her parents fought a lot during her childhood and her mother abandoned her.
- Determinator: Her wish, which is more than just a wish? Free all the LRIGs and Selectors from their suffering.
- Expy: Of Madoka Kaname, right down to the system-breaking wish.
- Extreme Doormat: Ruko has no wish because she is actually emotionally quite hollow. She describes herself as not wanting to be a burden to anyone. Her lack of desire and expression actually frightened her mother.
- Friendless Background: Prior to meeting Yuzuki, Kazuki, and Hitoe, she never made any friends nor did she ever care to.
- The Generic Girl: Because she doesn't have a wish at first, she is this.
- Girlish Pigtails: Has a small one on left side of her head.
- Heroic BSoD: Suffers from this a lot.
- After learning the dark nature of the card game and the pain of other Selectors, she can't help but think and cry about them. Not to mention that she has lost two of her friends because of the game.
- Enters another one when her wish is denied and she loses Tama in quick succession.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Attempts this as per her wish to break the cycle and return all LRIGs to their human forms. However, Tama refuses to carry out her wish right before it was granted.
- At the end of Spread she succeeds in making her wish - and it ultimately goes off without any consequences to herself.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: In the beginning of Spread, she tries her best to forget being a Selector after the conclusion of Infected. With that incident and Iona being her new LRIG, this is something that she could not escape from..
- Instant Expert: Almost beats Yuzuki in her first card battle thanks to Kazuki.
- Messianic Archetype: After learning the truth of the Selector systems, she decides to save everyone from it.
- Morality Pet: For Iona in Spread.
- Naïve Newcomer: Starts out as this for the first few episodes and initially does not have any problem losing to another Selector until she finds out about the punishment for losing three times.
- No Social Skills: At the beginning of Infected before meeting the Kurebayashi twins. Her brother Ayumu gives her her deck as he believes it will help her befriend people through playing the game.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother was scared of Ruuko's behavior.
- Pet the Dog: When her new LRIG Iona falls sick from her last battle, Ruuko takes care of her.
- Save the Villain: After learning about Mayu, she decides she will try and help Mayu too. She succeeds, in a way.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Flees in the middle of her and Yuki's battle with Mayu and Ulith as Yuki starts to disappear.
- She's Back: After spending a handful of Heroic BSoD episodes in Spread, Iona brings her back to her Blood Knight self during their battle with Fumio and Anne.
- Third-Person Person: Speaks like this often. Averted in the english dub.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: According to her mother.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: At the end of Spread, she is seen with Yuzuki and Hitoe at the library studying. At the end of the movie, she and Tama are reunited at the end.
- Worthy Opponent: For Iona and later Ulith.
A girl whose wish is to be lovers with her brother. She has a red card deck with Hanayo as her LRIG.
- BrotherSister Incest/Twincest: Her wish. This has apparently been something going on since pre-school. There are also rumors going around the school that they're going out. It becomes true when her desire is realized, but the end leaves the question of their relations open.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Dark and Troubled Past: She's been in love with Kazuki since she was a little kid. In pre-school when she drew a picture of Kazuki and her getting married her classmates insulted her for it by saying that siblings can't love each other that way and that she was "bad" for wanting to do so. She had since kept it as a secret and kept her distance from her suitors. Originally she had given up on the idea of being with Kazuki until she became a Selector.
- Didn't See That Coming: Her reaction when she enters Mayu's white room just after her Eternal Girl ritual.
- Does Not Like Men: Subverted. The reason she avoids boys who try to date her is because of her love for her brother.
- Dude Magnet: Used to be this but rejects her suitors due to the reason above.
- Expy: Of Sayaka Miki. Like Sayaka, Yuzuki is the perky best friend of the rather meek lead, has to struggle with unreciprocated romantic feelings, and is the first example shown of what eventually will happen to the girls.
- Grand Theft Me: Her grand prize for becoming an Eternal Girl? Becoming a LRIG while Hanayo takes over her body.
- Hime Cut
- Irony: She battled green Selectors and beat them to become an Eternal Girl. She ends up being a LRIG for Hitoe, who is a former green Selector.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Her usual strategy. Kazuki and Hanayo both point this out to her by calling her "too straightforward".
- Love Makes You Crazy: Even after learning what happens to Selectors who lose, she still decides that her wish is worth the sacrifice and decides to hunt down other Selectors and leave Ruuko.
- Meaningful Name: The first character of her last name can be read as "deep red."
- Polar Opposite Twins: She's more emotional than her calm and composed brother, Kazuki. Kazuki points this out and says that Yuzuki's battle style is too straight-forward and she's easily swayed by her emotions. Kazuki is also a pro at WIXOSS, while Yuzuki is a beginner.
- Stalker with a Crush: Her classmates believe her to be this for her brother Kazuki.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak
- Tyke Bomb
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: At the end of Spread, she is studying with Ruuko and Hitoe before meeting up with Kazuki. It is implied that they've reached a happy ending. At the end of the movie, she and Hanayo are seen together.
As a LRIG
- Bandage Babe: The lower part of her outfit and her forearms have red bandages wrapped around them.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Despair Event Horizon: Almost crosses this. After becoming Hitoe's LRIG, she attempts to motivate her to win her battles so she can hijack her body and reunite with Kazuki. Though after learning that Hitoe's wish is still the same, despite the backlash that wish got her last time when it was corrupted, she gives up on it and tells her and Ruuko about everything she discovered during her meeting with Mayu.
- Loophole Abuse: LRIGs aren't allowed to tell their selectors the truth about the nature of LRIG, Wixoss battles and the Eternal Girl. To get around this, Yuzuki has Hitoe get in a battle with Ruuko so she can tell Ruuko the truth, instead, since she isn't her Selector.
- Male Gaze/Ms. Fanservice
- Pet the Dog: For Hitoe in Infected. In Spread, they are this for Ruuko.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Without the evil part.
- Sideboob: Has this in some scenes.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Her default hairstyle. As a human, after they get matching hairbands, she's this.
A shy girl who has transferred to Tokyo and her wish is to have friends. She befriends Ruuko and Yuzuki. She has a green card deck with Midoriko as her LRIG.
- Bound and Gagged: By Akira near the end of Spread's Episode 6.
- Cute Bookworm: Very adorable and one of her favorite places was the library.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: She has a green card deck. Following her loss to Iona, she loses this along with Midoriko. A few episodes later, her mother buys her a new red deck that contains Yuzuki as her new LRIG.
- Determinator: After her wish is tainted, she is emotionally crippled and amnesiac, and simply being touched by her friend caused her intense pain. However, becoming a Selector again with Yuzuki as her LRIG helped her to move forward. Despite her curse, she pushed herself harder and harder, and her determination finally paid off, allowing her to undo her reversed wish by the sheer power of her will.
- Emotionless Girl: Strangely becomes this for a bit after she regains her Selector rights.
- Expy: Of Yomi Takanashi, especially the part where they lost all of their friends mid-season. They get better in the end.
- Friendless Background: Before meeting Ruuko and Yuzuki, she had great difficulty making friends since she had recently moved to Tokyo and was a Shrinking Violet.
- After losing her third game, her wish to make friends becomes tainted in the form of painful shocks whenever someone with any kind of positive affections touches her, meaning she will never make any friends forever, but this gets reversed after Infected's episode 12.
- Interestingly, she was able to be touched multiple times by Ruuko without any negative effects after Yuzuki became her LRIG, meaning that her wish being tainted was likely undone when she became a Selector again.
- Turns out that she is not exactly friendless from the start. She has two friends before moving to Tokyo but she has difficulties getting one in her new location.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Her wish. After meeting Ruuko and Yuzuki, her wish was fulfilled.
- Tragically, after losing her third game, She loses all her memories of playing WIXOSS, including being friends with Ruuko and Yuzuki, up until she gets Yuzuki as a LRIG and regains her memories.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: After she loses her rights as a selector, she loses all her memories of her time playing WIXOSS. As she reads her diary passages about Ruuko and Yuzuki, the words fall apart. She gets better in the end of first season.
- Mind Rape: After losing three games, she loses all her memories of her friendship with Ruuko and Yuzuki, and becomes more timid and socially anxious than ever, to the extent that she finds just walking in a crowded area mind-numbingly terrifying. This is mostly due to the pain that was inflicted on her when Ruuko and Yuzuki touched her due to her wish being backfired.
- Mini-Boss: She's the last opponent Ruuko fights before Iona.
- Not Afraid of You Anymore: Stands up for herself against Akira while declaring that she will protect Ruuko in Spread. It doesn't end well as Akira kidnaps her and she gets kicked in the stomach.
- Pet the Dog: In Spread, she and Yuzuki are this for Ruuko.
- She's Back: After receiving a new red deck with Yuzuki as her LRIG, she becomes a Selector again. She also regains her memories after battling Ruuko again.
- Shrinking Violet
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: In a sense, to Midoriko's Tomboy.
- Took a Level in Badass: Manages to reach the finals of Iona's tournament before losing to Ruuko again.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: At the end of Spread, she is seen with Ruuko and Yuzuki at the library studying for high school entrance exams. Afterwards, she and Midoriko bump into eachother. At the end of the movie, she and Midoriko are seen together.
- Alliterative Name: Akira Aoi
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Broken Pedestal: She has gone from a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing idol girl to a would-be Cute and Psycho murderer.
- And again in Spread when Ulith appears to be done with her.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: She abruptly disappears from the plot late in Spread. In the last episode, only a few magazine pictures of her are seen.
- Combat Pragmatist: She is not above destabilizing psychologically her opponents if it helps her to win, and is remorseless in doing so.
- The Corruptible: She wasn't very sane from the get-go, but after getting her scar, she became extremely psychotic and fragile. It is then that Ulith began to corrupt her, plunging her even deeper into madness.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Her strategy to have her wish fulfilled and become an Eternal Girl more quickly. She seeks less experienced Selectors like Yuzuki and Ruuko and mind rapes them with her LRIG to gain cheap victories. Inverted in the case of the latter as Ruuko beats her easily.
- Cute and Psycho: Beneath her angelic face is hidden a disgusting demon. It only gets worse in Spread.
- The Dog Bites Back: After realizing that she was a mere tool for Ulith and not her lover, Akira stabs her with a pen.
- The Dragon: For Ulith in Spread.
- Driven by Envy: She hates Iona so much that it costs her idol career and and puts her into a downward spiral.
- Evil Is Petty: Her sickening jealousy of Iona notwithstanding, she is also very demanding, manipulative, treats her own mother like she owns the house, and seems to be lacking any human quality whatsoever behind her mask. And she only gets worse when her wish is reversed. In Spread, her violent tendencies skyrocket, and she went as far as kidnapping and harming Hitoe.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Averted. She talks to her mom as if she is "an old hag".
- Evil Me Scares Me: In her confrontation against Ulith, Akira reveals that she saw an ugly reflection of the person she killed, who called out how ugly Akira was in the inside. This inner-reflection terrified her.
- Faux Affably Evil: She usually acts all friendly and cheery towards the protagonists, even maintaining the act while she's tormenting them with her knowledge of their wishes. Needless to say it doesn't take very long until everyone realizes how twisted she is.
- From Bad to Worse: Starts from the second half of Infected after her third Selector battle at the hands of Iona and gets a scar as her punishment. Gets really worse in Spread as she falls in love with Ulith only to realize that she is being used by her as a tool to cause suffering to the Selectors.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She's very jealous of Iona to the point that her innermost wish is to take Iona down.
- HeelFace Door-Slam: Attempted to give Ulith retribution for betraying her, and personally take her down. It only ended in a terrible defeat for Akira
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: Went from a top model who appeared in numerous advertisement and magazine covers, to a low-tier and obscure model for comic model gigs and swimsuit gigs essentially downgraded to nameless sex appeal.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Heavily hinted at, considering how quickly Ulith managed to turn her into a devoted lackey with just a few sweet words.
- In-Series Nickname: Her self nickname, Aki-Lucky, which triples as her Catch Phrase and Gratuitous English. In Spread, she gives herself a new one, Aki-Lovely, as her attempt to become a better person before Ulith sends her back to her old self. After she realizes that Ulith was just using her, she seeks revenge by becoming "Aoi Akira"..
- Irony: After Ruuko is brought by her classmates to her studio, she tells them to go home and says that "this isn't a place for ugly people". She becomes one later on.
- Jerkass Has a Point: She angrily points out that Ruuko fighting other Selectors even though she doesn't have a wish herself is horrible. And while she completely deserved the trashing she received, Ruuko's reaction afterwards shows that the words hit home.
- Knife Nut: And would really like to use it to carve up Ruuko, Yuzuki, and Iona's faces to match hers.
- In Spread, she stabs Ulith in the stomach with a pen.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Driven to this by Ulith.
- Love Redeems: She invokes this herself to Ulith, saying her love changed her into a better person. Then subverted when Ulith pretty much tells Akira that her horribleness was the reason she showered her with love in the first place.
- Mad Eye: In Spread this becomes Akira's defauly expression showing how insane she became after getting her scar and falling in love with Ulith.
- Madness Mantra: Says every word said to her by Ulith after the former has disappointed the latter.
- Manipulative Bitch: To the point where she goes to Ruuko's school and "requests" her classmates to take Ruuko to her studio after promising them to show them around and introduce them to Iona. She immediately goes back to her word once they brought Ruko.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: How she shows her gratitude to them for doing her favor, instead of promising to let them see her photoshoot.
- Meaningful Name: Her surname means blue.
- Mind Rape: How she gets easy wins. She commands Piruluk to read her opponents' wish and taunts them about it.
- Is subjected to one herself by Ulith when she becomes Iona.
- Mock Millionaire: While she may be a good-looking idol girl, she is not that smart and she lives in a round-down apartment. It's also shown that her family isn't that wealthy and that many of her outfits are "borrowed" from the agency, never to return again.
- Never My Fault: In Lostorage, she blames her former LRIG, Piriluk, for her now rough career as a model and her scar, saying that if she wasn't so weak none of this would've ever happen to her. As Piriluk pointed out, Akira only loss her matches because she underestimated Ruko. She also impulsively challenged Iona despite clearly being outmatch, giving her third loss and her scar. The scar itself isn't also why Akira's career went down since it's easily concealable, rather it was Akira's obsession while playing the Selector game causing her to be late or absent in her shoots, taking clothes from the studio without permission, and her poor attitude causing scenes in public.
- The Nicknamer: She loves giving nicknames on herself. Aki-Lucky Later Aki-Lovely, and then it escalates to Aoi-Akira(Blue Akira).
- No Sympathy: Aki is not bothered by the fact that Hitoe is forever unable to feel any love or Iona's near murder of a Selector.
- Lack of Empathy: She's not even bothered that she was the one who caused that murder.
- Psycho Lesbian: For Ulith.
- Scars Are Forever: Gets a glowing scar supernaturally etched across her face after losing to Iona.
- She's Back: Thanks to Ulith, she is once again a Selector (with Milulun as her new LRIG) and has no problem doing favors for her.
- Slasher Smile: Gives a pretty subtle one whenever she attacks her opponent after learning there weakness. After getting her wish reverse, Akira's smile becomes more derange and psychotic.
- Taking You with Me: When she loss her favorable position in her agency because of how busy she was in the Selector Games, she vowed to ruin Iona's career and take her down with her. After losing and getting her scar, Akira became hell-bent in scarring Ruko, Yuzuki and Iona's like hers, wanting to ruin the lives she believe ruined hers.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Ulith in Spread, to the point that she gets a short panic attack when it seems like she can't come through with a favor Ulith asked of her or whenever she thinks that Ulith doesn't love her.
- Unreliable Expositor: Before her battle with Ruuko, Akira tells her that Iona gave an ill Selector her third loss, tainting her wish and possibly killing her in the process. It is revealed by Iona's LRIG Ulith that Akira was the one who did all that, with Iona giving that girl her second loss beforehand.
- Unwitting Pawn: For Ulith who is just playing with her emotions.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Being a very popular idol means people will rarely think she's actually a jerk.
- Villainous Breakdown: Starts in Infected episode 6 and doesn't really stop.
- White Mask of Doom: Following her third loss from Iona, she starts wearing one to hide the horrible glowing scar on her face.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she is healed of her scar and returns to be a succesful idol again. She is also not so psychotic anymore and seems to be getting along with the real Iona as well as her past LRIG.
- Woman Scorned: See The Dog Bites Back above.
- Yandere: For Ulith and she has no qualms of killing Ruuko for her.
Iona Urazoe (Kuro) (Yuki)
A quiet idol girl who is the bane of Akira's existence. She has a black card deck with Ulith as her LRIG. In reality, she only cares about fighting other Selectors and her wish is to keep on battling, her real wish is to become the LRIG of the ultimate Selector, who she thinks is Ruuko.
She is one of the first two LRIGs created by Mayu, the other being Tama. Her original name is Kuro and she is known as the "Girl of Black". After spending enough time with Ruko and Hitoe, she decides to change her name, and calls herself Yuki now.
- The Ace
- Affably Evil: Not as villainous as Akira or her own LRIG Ulith. Averted in S1's final episode.
- Affectionate Nickname: Before their rematch, she calls Ruuko "Ruu", the same nickname Tama calls her.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Blood Knight: And apparently, her being a popular idol matters nothing to her at all.
- Double Entendre: Lashes out some of this on Ruuko in their battles.
- Eternal Recurrence: She is implied to have been a Selector and a LRIG a number of times.
- Final Boss: In the first season.
- Grand Theft Me: With Ulith in the Infected finale. Unlike the others though, she has no problem with it.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: She loses to Ruuko in their rematch but with Tama refusing to fulfill the latter's wish, she and Ulith take advantage to fulfill hers and becomes Ruuko's new LRIG.
- Kick the Dog: Iona essentially killed a girl who was on her last legs by beating her in a WIXOSS battle and tainting the girl's wish. If Akira's testimony is any indication, it wasn't that hard to tell the girl was terribly sick, but Iona let her die anyway without regrets. In reality, she gave that girl her second loss before Akira put her out of her misery.
- She is also responsible for giving Hitoe's third loss and subsequently tainting her wish of making friends.
- Lack of Empathy: See her Kick the Dog moments. She is aware of the consequences of a Selector battle, and she doesn't care what happens to those who lose one.
- After becoming a LRIG, she shows confusion over human emotions, such as friendship. This is justified since she is not a human.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: Her wish. In a twist, she is looking for a Selector who is worthy enough to wield her. As in, when she becomes a LRIG, that Selector will own her. She has chosen Ruuko and she gets her wish in the the first season's finale.
- Only Sane Woman: At first, she seems to be only one who doesn't have any psychological problems other than being a Blood Knight.
- Not So Different: In their rematch, she sounds very possessive of Ruuko.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Her school uniform has this.
- Psychotic Smirk: She pulls quite a few during her battle with Ruuko in Episode 12 of Infected.
- The Stoic
- Not So Stoic: During her battle with Ruuko in the Infected finale.
- Victorious Loser: She loses her battle against Ruuko, but since Tama refuses to fulfill Ruuko's wish, her wish to be Ruuko's LRIG is granted instead.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Same with Akira.
As a LRIG
- Absolute Cleavage
- Boobs of Steel: She is the bustiest girl of the anime series both as a Selector and a LRIG and is the first LRIG seen to reach Level 5.
- Break the Cutie: During in her dream by Mayu.
- Can't Believe I Said That: During her and Ruuko's battle with Anne and Fumio, she motivates Ruuko to come back to her old Blood Knight self if she wants to save Tama and others from their torment. After their victory, she ponders why she has said that.
- The Corrupter: Even since becoming Ruuko's LRIG, she is doing everything she can to push her to battle, completly disregarding her feelings and withholding information about Tama. She is also displaying several times that she downright doesn't ''understand'' her feelings, focusing only on her suppressed Blood Knight persona.
- The Corruptible: Ironically, she is also this by Mayu who wants her to keep her Blood Knight persona.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: At the start of the anime series, she is a silent idol girl who only cares about battling without any remorse. In Spread, she keeps this but as she is Ruuko's LRIG and deals with her and her friends, she starts to show compassion and care for others.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Has a black wing on the left side of her chest.
- 11th-Hour Superpower/Fusion Dance: In the final episode, Ruuko merges a dying Yuki with Tama to turn them into a new LRIG. Ruuko names her Mayu.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Grows increasingly jealous of Hitoe and Yuzuki's closeness to her Selector Ruuko.
- HeelFace Turn: She eventually realizes Ruuko's power basically comes from friendship, which causes her to become Ruuko's friend. This is important because it turns out Iona was created to be a Heel.
- Imaginary Friend/Literal Split Personality: Is this to Mayu, with Tama as her other half.
- Long-Lost Relative: She is Tama's sister.
- Male Gaze/Ms. Fanservice: Ones up this more than the other LRIGs.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: Level 5 form.
- Meaningful Rename: Her new name "Yuki" means "snow". Ruuko and Hitoe give her that name right after seeing the snow falls.
- No Body Left Behind: In the final battle against Mayu, she begins fading away. This is due to the wish of the original Iona going unfulfilled, causing the LRIG who granted it to disappear.
- Our Genies Are Different: According to Fumio, she senses something different her, who is the "Girl of Black", with Tama being the "Girl of White".
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Tama.
- Worthy Opponent: Now that she's a LRIG, the other part of her wish is to find skilled Selectors to fight against.
- Voiced by: Mako Morino (Japanese), Lara Woodhull (English)
An energetic Naïve Newcomer. Her wish is to be a LRIG.
- Ascended Extra/Chekhov's Gunman: While she is seen in the first season's opening credits and some promotional artworks, she only appears in an episode where she is defeated by Yuzuki. She is promoted to main character status in Spread.
- Break the Cutie: Eldora has planned on letting the team of Hitoe and Yuzuki beat them (they already have lost two battles) so Chiyori's wish of becoming a LRIG doesn't come true. Chiyori is broken down in tears as she doesn't want to get separated from her LRIG.
- Broken Pedestal: Meeting the author behind her favorite novels wasn't as sugary as she had hoped...
- Cheerful Child: Being filled in on the dark side of WIXOSS makes her even more excited! Her wish is to be a LRIG, and was even making plans for when she becomes one in Spread's second episode.
- Comic Relief: Her existence appears to be out of place in an otherwise psychological anime.
- Crocodile Tears: Whenever someone tells her something shocking about the card game's Hidden Depths, she shuts herself down for a few seconds and appears that she is going to cry, only to get even more cheerful and enthusiastic. This gets averted in Episode 6 of Spread moments after she gets berated by Fumio. She is genuinely upset by it and runs off.
- Cute Bookworm: A big fan of novels.
- The Fashionista: She based her outfit on her LRIG Eldora, mostly the pink color and the skull motif. In comparison to the majority of Selectors who wear school uniforms and casual clothes, hers is more colorful and less formal.
- Fearless Fool: Losing two battles should make her more cautious, right? Nope! She energetically volunteered to have another battle, this time against Fumio Futase. Ruuko fought in her place, much to her dismay.
- Fun Personified: At the beginning of season 2 she learns about all the horrible things that happen from winning or losing Selector battles. Her reaction is to get excited. It turns out she was vaguely aware of the whole thing by reading some light novels written by a former LRIG. Also, Chiyori's wish was to become an LRIG in the first place.
- Genki Girl: Definitely the most cheerful of the cast.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Goggles Do Nothing: A part of her outfit.
- Good Is Dumb
- Jobber: She has already lost her two battles to Yuzuki and Ulith and six normal card battles to Ruuko's grandmother.
- Meganekko: In her flashback.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: After losing three bottles, her memories of her friends and WIXOSS are completely wiped out. She keeps her Genki Girl personality, though.
- Meta Girl: Loves pointing out how things play like those in the novels.
- Naïve Newcomer: In the first season, she's a Selector who didn't really know the dark side of WIXOSS, only getting her information through a novel about the game. As of Spread's second episode, she fully knows the truth of WIXOSS, but is still as enthusiastic as ever.
- No Sense of Direction: As revealed in Spread's first episode, this is the reason why she was a no-show at Iona's Selector tournament that was held at the end of Infected.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Near the end of Spread she loses three times, causing her to forget about Wixoss. She then disappears from the plot until the ending.
- Skeletons in the Coat Closet: Cartoonish skulls as her motif (a pair of magenta ones that hold her pigtails and another as a white bag that she carries around). Conveniently enough, her LRIG Eldora wears a big Nice Hat version.
- Spirited Competitor: She is always cheerfully asking for a battle.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The Wise Guy to Eldora's Straight Man.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she is shown writting a letter in an attempt to befriend Ruuko, and runs into Eldora.
The author behind the novels that are based on the WIXOSS card game. She first appears at the end of Spread's fourth episode, getting more focus in the next. In actuality, she is a LRIG who took over the original Fumio's body after she achieved the requirements for becoming an Eternal Girl.
- Alliterative Name: Fumio Futase
- Badass Bookworm: Fumio is an aspiring novelist, and she read a lot of fantasy novels. Futase said she never lost a single battle against another Selector. Futase herself seems to have continued the winning streak until her loss against Ruuko.
- Bare Your Midriff: Used to have this as a LRIG.
- Bifauxnen: Just look at the pic above.
- Broken Pedestal: For Chiyori
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Futase was a blue LRIG and both her hair and outfit were of that color.
- Didn't See That Coming: According to the novels she wrote, all LRIGs could only reach Level 4. Cue her surprise when Iona grew to Level 5.
- The original Fumio, like Yuzuki, was shocked when she found out what being an Eternal Girl meant.
- Friendless Background: The original Fumio had no interest in making friends, with Futase being her first and only one.
- Grand Theft Me: Currently, Futase is inhabiting Fumio's body after the latter achieved the requirements for becoming an Eternal Girl.
- Identity Amnesia: As a LRIG, she did not remember her name. The original Fumio named her Futase.
- Madness Mantra: "White room. Window. Mayu." She says and types this repeatedly when not interacting with others.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her hair covers her left eye.
- Pen Name: It's a combination of her given name (Fumio) and the name she gave her LRIG (Futase).
- Refusal of the Call: LRIGs only appear before girls who have a strong desire to have their wishes granted. Yet the original Fumio did not partake in Selector battles, preferring to make her wish come true with her own hands. And Futase was content with that. However, due to increasing stress, from her family life to her rejected works, she entered the fray.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, Fumio and Futase return to their original human bodies and briefly pass each other.
- Writer's Block: As a novelist, Fumio has experienced this. Futase has also hit this wall, and she's not as well-versed in literature as Fumio was. As a result, she desperately wants to see Mayu again in order to get more ideas for her novel so that she can continue fulfilling Fumio's wish.
However, they are not allowed to tell their Selectors the full details of the card game, especially the Eternal Girl part. In fact, they are the Eternal Girls. Eternal Girls are former Selectors who manage to win their battles and fulfill all the the requirements of becoming one. Once they ascend to the Eternal Girl ritual, their LRIGs takes over their bodies and their wishes. Later, they themselves become LRIGs and they are sent to would-be Selectors. This cycle continues in order for the world of WIXOSS to exist. Selectors who have lost three times will have their wishes reversed and their LRIGs lost. Those LRIGs will be transferred to another Selectors.
- Cannot Spit It Out: The LRIGs are not allowed to disclose certain details about the card game's Hidden Depths such as being an Eternal Girl and the consequence of losing three battles. This has caused friction between them and their Selectors.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The color of their outfits and of their hair usually match the color they're associated to.
- Eternal Recurrence: How the Eternal Girl thing plays out. Once a Selector becomes an Eternal Girl, her LRIG takes over her body and her wish and she herself takes over the role of her LRIG. The new LRIG will then be sent to another Selector to be hers and the process continues.
- Foil: Some of the relationships between Selectors and LRIGs have this.
- Foreshadowing: The "LRIG" term. See Sdrawkcab Name below.
- When the LRIGs meet their Selectors for the first time, they will say "I will make your wish come true". Turns out they will do it exactly how they said it. As in the LRIGs will make their wishes come true for their Selectors.
- Fate Worse than Death: Once a LRIG takes over their Selector's body, she must fulfill the Selector's wish, no matter how long it takes. During the process, she may start having self-identity issues. For example, in episode 6, Futase worries that the longer she is Fumio, the more she will forget her own identity. Also, the LRIG may not be able to fufill the wish...which causes them to become Selectors.
- Grand Theft Me: The LRIG will take over the winning Selector's body and wish. The Selector is then turned into a LRIG and she is sent to another Selector.
- Hotter and Sexier: Any LRIG that reaches Level 5, namely Tama, Iona, and Ulith.
- Hyper-Awareness: The LRIGs can detect other LRIGs.
- Informed Ability: Some of them have certain abilities. For instance, Piruluk and Ulith have Telepathy.
- Jackass Genie: Though it's not entirely their fault. The wish-granting turns out to be deceptive advertising. No wishes are actually granted; instead the LRIG is compelled to fulfill the Selector's wish when they take over the Selector's body. They may not actually be able to fulfill the wish, which causes them to become Selectors. And onward the cycle goes...
- Male Gaze/Ms. Fanservice: Most of the LRIGs are either one to varying degrees (Tama and Milulun are underwear-less while Hanayo and Midoriko are near topless). Piruluk and Anne avert this, though.
- Miss Exposition: Averted by Tama and Futase at first.
- Only One Name: All of the LRIG lack a family name. Averted in regard to their real names, except for Tama and Yuki.
- Sdrawkcab Name: LRIG is backwards for GIRL, which is a Foreshadowing to to the whole Eternal Girl bit and "Eternal Girl" is just an alternate term for "LRIG" used to deceive their Selectors. The majority of them are former Selectors, as in former human girls.
- The Trickster: As mentioned above, "Eternal Girl" is just another term for "LRIG". This basically means that the winning Selectors will unknowingly become LRIGs themselves while their LRIGs will take over their body and fulfill their wishes. And then there is the punishment of losing three battles. Some of the LRIGs do however try their best to prevent their Selectors from either one to happen, (such as Hanayo, Midoriko, and Piruluk), even if it means of being stuck in their cards forever.
- Sealed Good in a Can/Sealed Evil in a Can
- Voiced by: Misaki Kuno (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)
Ruuko's white LRIG. In Spread, she is Ulith's LRIG.
She is one of the first two LRIGs created by Mayu, the other being Iona. Her original name is Shiro and she is known as the "Girl of White".
- Affectionate Nickname: Calls Ruuko "Ruu".
- Animal Motifs: At first, she behaves like a cat and it gets downplayed as the story goes on.
- Badass Adorable
- Blank Slate: Can't talk in the beginning, doesn't know the rules of Selector.
- Blood Knight: She may not know much, but she knows she really likes to battle.
- Catchphrase: "Battle!"
- Character Development: She starts to feel genuinely sad when Ruuko enters her Heroic BSoD - the first sign that she cares for something beyond battle.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Her color is white.
- Damsel in Distress: Spends her time being this as Ulith's LRIG in Spread.
- Evil Makeover: During their battle with Ruuko and Iona, Ulith temporarily corrupts Tama with darkness to beat them.
- Fusion Dance/11th-Hour Superpower: In the final episode she merges with the dying Yuki to become a new LRIG, which Ruuko names Mayu.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Identity Amnesia: After the revelation of the Eternal Girl thing, Ruuko asks Tama who she was before becoming a LRIG. Unlike the other LRIGs, Tama doesn't remember anything.
- Spread reveals she didn't have an identity, being a creation by Mayu.
- Imaginary Friend/Literal Split Personality: Is this to Mayu, with Iona as her other half.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Tama doesn't seem to be wearing anything under her dress, let alone an underwear.
- Long-Lost Relative: She is Yuki's sister.
- Mystical White Hair: Being a card and all.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: With Evil Makeover implemented, she gives Iona a big one to the point where Ruuko's table gets obliterated.
- Our Genies Are Different: She is the "Girl of White" to Iona's "Girl of Black".
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: In her Superpowered Evil Side
- Refusal of the Call: Refuses to possess Ulith's body (which is later taken over by its original owner, the original Iona) for the sake of fulfilling Ruuko's wish.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Yuki.
- Spirited Competitor
- Superpowered Evil Side: See Evil Makeover above.
- Third-Person Person
- Womanchild: A younger example. While she is about the same age as the other LRIGs, she has the mind of (and sounds like) a toddler from the start. She gets better as the show progresses.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she becomes a human girl but does not meet with Ruuko. The movie confirms they became one single person.
Hanayo (real name: Hanayo Unjou)
Yuzuki's red LRIG. After Yuzuki becomes an Eternel Girl, Hanayo takes over her body and fulfills her wish of being in love with her brother.
In the prequel game Selector battle with wixoss, she is a Selector named Hanayo Unjou. In order to save an important friend, she becomes a Selector, with a LRIG named Paltea.
- All of the Other Reindeer: As Yuzuki, she and her Selector's brother have had to endure the resentment coming from their school for their open incestuous relationship.
- Back for the Finale: In Spread, while she has appears in a couple of episodes, she becomes important again for that season's finale.
- Big Damn Heroes: In Spread, she helps Ruuko and her friends locate the real Iona.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Her color is red.
- Demoted to Extra: For the majority of Spread.
- Doppelgänger Replacement Love Interest: Unbeknownst to Kazuki, the Yuzuki he is in love with is his sister's LRIG, Hanayo.
- Exact Words: Said that becoming Eternal Girl means you become a person that can make wishes come true. As in, an LRIG.
- In Spread, she tells Ruuko and friends (via anonymous text messaging) about the location of Iona. Ruuko's LRIG points out how exact that message is as the Iona they have found is the real Iona.
- Fate Worse than Death: Her current situation as of Spread. While she has granted her former Selector Yuzuki's wish, she is not happy doing her job and despite she has feelings for Kazuki as well, she doesn't want to betray Yuzuki.
- Grand Theft Me: She takes over Yuzuki's body after fulfilling the conditions of Eternal Girl.
- Miss Exposition: Delivers exposition for the rules of WIXOSS.
- Playing with Fire: Her attacks are depicted as being fiery in nature.
- Stripperific: Her outfit leaves little to the imagination.
- Undying Loyalty: For Yuzuki.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After Kazuki finds out that he's dating her as his sister, she attempts to make a run for it. She gets hospitalized later on.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Barely subverted and without the walking part. The only thing that keeps her from being completely topless is a pair of red outlines covering her chest.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she returns to her original human body. While she says that the whole ordeal was a nightmare and something she wants to forget, after speaking to Midoriko she decides to go see Yuzuki again in the movie.
Midoriko (real name: Ichikawa Midori)
- Voiced by: Minami Takahashi (Japanese), Carli Mosier (English)
Hitoe's green LRIG. After losing three times, she is replaced by the red LRIG, Yuzuki.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Her color is green.
- Cool Big Sis: Although she's a card, she gives off the vibe of being one for Hitoe.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Midoriko means literally "green girl". She's a Green LRIG.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Really wants to see Hitoe happy even if it means telling Hitoe to throw her away so she doesn't get found by other Selectors.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Once she sees Hitoe truly being happy with her friends, she regrets becoming Hitoe's LRIG and not telling Hitoe the truth about the game.
- Nice Girl: Very kind and supportive of Hitoe's goals.
- Not Quite Dead: Somehow reappeared in one of the players' decks in Iona's party.
- Scarf of Asskicking
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: In a sense, to Hitoe's Girly Girl.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Same as Hanayo.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she regains her human body and befriends Hitoe.In the movie, she meets with Hanayo and they promise to meet again.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Piruluk (real name: Kiyoi Mizushima)
- Voiced by: Saori Onishi (Japanese), Brittney Karbowski (English)
Akira's blue LRIG. After losing three battle, she is replaced by another blue LRIG, Milulun.
In the prequel manga Peeping Analyze, she is a Selector named Kiyoi Mizushima. See Kiyoi's section for tropes related to her.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Her color is blue.
- A Day in the Limelight: She is the protagonist in the prequel manga Peeping Analyze, starting off as a Selector named Kiyoi Mizushima.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Gives one to Akira as while being demanded by her to tell her more about being an Eternal Girl.
- Emotionless Girl: Most of the time.
- Rei Ayanami Expy
- The Stoic: Piruluk doesn't show a lot of emotions.
- The Bus Came Back: In Lostorage, she returns as a Selector.
- Telepathy: All LRIGs apparently have this but Akira has no problems abusing her LRIG's.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: While Selectors lose their LRIGs after their third loss, her exact fate is unknown when Akira went through further breakdown.
- In the manga "Peeping Analyze", it was revealed that she became the LRIG of Amika Hashimoto after Akira's loss.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she returns to her original human body. "Peeping Analyze" shows further, explaning that she's still friends with Amika.
Ulith (real name: Rumi Igarashi)
Iona's black LRIG. After fulfilling Iona's wish, she takes over her body and owns Tama as her LRIG.
She used to be a human girl with her wish was to spread pain and suffering to her victims. Her LRIG design is based on one of the first LRIGs' from Kuro, who is currently known as Iona.
- All Your Powers Combined: Her level 5 form can use all colors.
- Blood Knight
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Averted. She is a LRIG associated with the color black but her outfit and hair are both primarily white.
- Final Boss: Of Infected alongside Iona and of Spread with Mayu.
- Grand Theft Me: She takes over Iona's body once Iona becomes an Eternal Girl. Iona doesn't mind much, however, since her desire was to be the LRIG of someone worthy of her (In this case, Ruuko).
- Killed Off for Real: When Ruuko wins Mayu's final challenge, Ulith is taken by a black shadow and is killed.
- Light Is Not Good: Ulith has white hair and a white outfit. She's still an antagonist.
- Mind Rape: Her raison d'être. She lives to hurt other people, and her final goal is to drive them to suicide. And we have a frightening example of what she can do in the show, driving Akira deeper and deeper into madness.
- Mystical White Hair
- Sadist: Enjoys torturing her opponents mentally. Ironically, she shares this with Akira. It is revealed that she became a Selector for the sole reason of spreading pain and despair, enjoying breaking the mind of others and pushing them to kill themselves. She is that twisted.
- Straw Nihilist: Show some shades of this. Her vision of the world is depressing, to say the least.
- The Sociopath: She is a textbook example. Complete lack of empathy? Check. Horribly skilled manipulator? Check. Need for stimulation through hurting people? Dear God, check. A grandiose sense of self-Worth. Oh boy, check. Shallow affect? Check, check and check.
- The Trickster
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: When she was young, she was able to deceive her elders.
- Villain Forgot to Level Grind: Inverted as Mayu has given her a Level 5 form.
As a Selector
- The Corrupter: She becomes this to an insanely disturbing level to Akira, initially making her feeling better, only to push her back into a psychotic mess, and urging her to do things which further her own agenda. She is playing her like a fiddle, and her victim is slowly but surely degenerating more and more under her influence.
- Double Entendre: Like Iona, she can lash out some of this.
- The Dragon: For Iona in Infected. Implied to be one for Mayu in Spread.
- The Heavy: In Spread.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Sort of. While she doesn't intend Akira to capture Hitoe to lure Ruuko, she spends some time playing with the tied-up victim in front of Ruuko while speaking about her sadistic motivation.
- Kick the Dog: Gives this, with a knee to the gut, to Akira for kidnapping Hitoe.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch / Kick the Dog: Her treatment of Akira could be seen as both at first. While Akira is absolutely a terrible person, Ulith carelessly playing with her feelings becomes increasingly cruel and twisted.
- Only a Flesh Wound: A non-lethal example. She gets stabbed in the hip by Akira with a pen for using her as a pawn. She later recovers in a private hospital room.
- Manipulative Bitch: Much more so than Akira and Iona.
- Perpetual Smiler: She is pretty much Iona making smiling faces.
- Pragmatic Villainy: She doesn't seem to care that Akira kidnapped Hitoe from a moral point of view, but that someone could have seen them.
- Psychotic Smirk
- "Reason You Suck" Speech: She gives one to Akira in their final meeting before beating her to return to Mayu's white room.
- Unexpected Inheritance: She owns the body of the original Iona who came from a wealthy and powerful family and takes advantage of this to cause more suffering between the Selectors. The very same body that Kuro took over before her. When gets hospitalized by Akira, she lampshades about the Urazoe family's wealth.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Not surprising since she owns Iona's body.
- Voiced by: Satomi Arai (Japanese), Mariela Ortiz (English)
Chiyori's blue LRIG.
- Ascended Extra: Just like Chiyori.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: She is a blue LRIG.
- Girlish Pigtails: Ones that are curled at the end.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In order to avoid Chiyori from becoming a LRIG, she had to let Hitoe and her LRIG Yuzuki beat them as Chiyori still wants to become one. As per the rules of the game, Chiyori loses her.
- Jobber: Thanks to Chiyori's incompetence.
- Nice Hat: A cartoonish skull one that is bigger than her head.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Much like Chiyori, she disappears near the end of Spread.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The Straight Man to Chiyori's Wise Guy.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she returns to her original human body and runs into Chiyori.
Akira's new blue LRIG after losing three battles and Piruluk in the process.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Blue.
- Genki Girl
- Replacement Flat Character: She replaces Piruluk as Akira's new LRIG. She has a cutesy personality that matches almost perfectly with Akira's.
- Vapor Wear: A single frame shows that she is not wearing an underwear.
- Verbal Tic: ~lun.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she returns to her original human body
- Voiced by: Juri Nagatsuma (Japanese), Natalie Hoover (English)
Fumio's green LRIG.
- Voiced by: Tamie Kubota (Japanese), Juli Erickson (English)
Ruuko's grandmother and caretaker.
- Cool Old Lady: And a very good card player at that.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Promotion to Parent: Becomes Ruuko's caretaker after she transfers to Tokyo.
Ruuko's brother. He gave Ruuko her WIXOSS deck.
- Anger Born of Worry: He gives Ruuko her deck so that she can be sociable and make friends through the card game. When Ruuko comes home very late due to Akira's breakdown and Yuzuki's disassociation with her, he gets really worried about her safety and slaps her.
- Cool Big Bro
- It Was a Gift: He gives Ruuko her first card deck which came from his friend. This basically starts Ruuko's journey to the world of WIXOSS.
- Nice Guy
- The One Guy: Inverted as he is one of the two male named WIXOSS players, the other being Kazuki. He is not a Selector as only girls can be that.
Yuzuki's twin brother. He plays WIXOSS, and is quite good at it. Also popular with girls.
- The Ace: For the male players.
- All of the Other Reindeer: He and his "sister" have had to endure the resentment coming from their school for their open incestuous relationship.
- Alliterative Name: Kazuki Kurebayashi
- Back for the Finale: In Spread, while he has appeared in a couple of episodes, he becomes important again for that season's finale.
- Berserk Button: While he's usually a nice guy, he gets angry whenever people say bad things about Yuzuki. During Episode 8, he rejects Honoka and she tells him about the rumors concerning him and Yuzuki. He gets angry and demands to know who's spreading them because it could hurt Yuzuki. Honoka then points out that he's usually nice but when it comes to Yuzuki he gets angry like that.
- BrotherSister Incest/Twincest: After he rejects Honoka, he declares that girls are "the worst", but Yuzuki is "different". After Hanayo who's in Yuzuki's body confesses to him, he realizes that he too loves Yuzuki and embraces her. At the same time, the epilogue does not give an exact answer about whether they continued their relationship after the cancellation of the game, but from his answer in the 9th episode it is strongly implied that their feelings are still mutual.
- Chick Magnet: His sister aside, one of the other girls notes he's fairly popular.
- Demoted to Extra: For the majority of Spread.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Subverted in Spread. He overhears the girls' discussion about their situations and finds out that his real sister is inside Hitoe's card. While he was initially shocked by it, and he helps them out.
- Love Confession: After Yuzuki's Eternal Girl succession, he succumbs to his developing feelings for his sister (who is Hanayo in reality) and confesses to her.
- Love Makes You Crazy: After the above, he disassociates himself from his friends and his female suitors.
- Muggle Best Friend: Not exactly a best friend but he is this to Ruuko and company. After learning everything about the game, he cooperates with them. Of course, he still cannot hear Yuzuki as he is not a Selector.
- The Mentor: For Yuzuki.
- Messy Hair
- Nice Guy: Generally sweet and helpful.
- Oblivious to Love: He is not aware of Yuzuki's feelings for him until Yuzuki gets her wish fulfilled by Hanayo.
- The One Guy: Inverted as he is one of the two male named WIXOSS players, the other being Ayumu. And despite not being a Selector, he is aware of the existence of LRIGs.
- Polar Opposite Twins: He is more calm and composed than his sister, Yuzuki.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Epilogue shows him meeting his sister and walking with her, leaving the question of their incestuous relationship open. At the same time, it is implied that this is very possible, since in the past he reciprocated in response to the recognition of "Yuzuki".
The woman who watches the world of WIXOSS, from the card game battles to Selectors, LRIGs, and Eternal Girls. She is first met by Yuzuki who is about to become an Eternal Girl.
While she didn't create the card game itself, she created its dark nature that centers around wishes, from the creation of LRIGs to the punishments of both losing and winning Selectors.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Even after all the things that Mayu has put the girls into, Ruuko and her company has sympathy for her.
- The Aloner: When she was a young human girl, she isolated herself from the outside world.
- Berserk Button: Attempting to not follow her rules (i.e., not wanting to battle) easily sets her off. The real Iona finds it out the hard way.
- The Chessmaster
- Cool Chair
- The Corrupter: Tells Iona to stay being the "Girl of Black" and away from being the "Girl of White". In other words, she wants Iona to stay as a Blood Knight who doesn't care about anyone's feelings.
- Creating Life: Created the earlier LRIGs, the first two are Shiro (Tama) and Kuro (Iona).
- Creepy Child
- Dead All Along: Her real body died before the events of the anime. All that remains is her spirit.
- Does Not Like Shoes: She's always seen barefoot.
- Final Boss: Of Spread with Ulith as her LRIG.
- Greater-Scope Villain: For Infected and Spread.
- Green-Eyed Monster: According to Iona, she greatly envied all the girls in the world for living lives that she herself could not have. She also appears to be growing envious of Tama being closer to Ruuko than to her.
- Light Is Not Good: Mayu is heavily associated with the color white and is also the one who created the Selector system and enjoys seeing the pain and suffering it causes.
- Living Doll Collector: According to Iona, the Selectors and LRIGs are just toys to her that she likes to watch fight each other.
- Lonely Rich Kid / Ill Girl: When she was alive.
- Mind Rape: Gives one to Iona during her after falling tired from her Level 5 transformation.
- Mystical White Hair: A white-haired woman with mystical abilities. However, her hair was originally brown when she was alive.
- Physical God: Created the card game's dark wish concept and LRIGs.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is long enough to go past her waist and reach up to her knees.
- Teleport Spam: Likes to mess her visitors with this.
- Tragic Villain: She was a child who was always in her room with her imaginary friends and died without ever getting out of it.
- Villainous Breakdown: After Iona reveals to the girls about Mayu's past.
- Walking Spoiler: Due to her being the creator of the Selector system and due to her connection with Tama and Iona.
- Yandere: Implied to be for Tama.
The Original Iona Urazoe
The real Iona Urazoe whose LRIG is Kuro, who she called Lrig and would later take over her body and her name. She came from a rich family and everyone had had expectations of her becoming a popular idol and a heir to her family. Her wish was to quit being the girl that she was, as she wanted to have time for herself.
After Tama refuses to take over the body that was previously owned by Ulith, the original Iona instead regains it. She and Kuro, owned by Ruuko, reunite for a short while and have come to good terms.
- Fate Worse than Death: Gets sent to weaker Selectors by Mayu as her punishment for personally telling her that she doesn't want to become human again.
- Grand Theft Me: With Kuro/Lrig, who would go on to be the Iona Urazoe at the start of the anime series.
- Heir to the Dojo: She was supposed to be the successor to the Urazoe family and a popular idol at the same time.
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Nice Girl: In comparison to the two LRIGs who have possessed her body, Kuro and Ulith, she is friendly and approachable.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the end, she returns to her original human body, returns to be an idol and befriends a stable Akira.
An emotionless girl who likes to distance herself from people around her. She is the Selector of Remember and her wish is to save Sakaguchi from her coma.
In the anime, she is Akira's blue LRIG named Piruluk. See Piruluk's section for tropes related to her.
- All of the Other Reindeer: As a child, Kiyoi was often bullied in school. She relied on the 'help' of her Only Friend to get back on her feet. However, it turns out that her friend was the main instigator the bullying, and that they had fun 'playing' with her.
- Emotionless Girl: Kiyoi is not shown to emote much. She does start to show more emotions later, but falls right back into this trope as Piruluk.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Had troubles trusting people and making friends.
- Friendless Background: Kiyoi doesn't have any friends, which made her a prime target for bullying. It doesn't help the only friend she had was merely pretending to be one
- Heroic BSoD: Blames herself for Sakaguchi's hospitalization and, later, her death.
- Important Haircut: Gives herself one after she hears from Sakaguchi's mother that she prefers seeing Kiyoi with short hair.
- Jerkass: She is quite abrasive.
- Look Both Ways: Almost gets run over by a truck. She is saved by Ayumi, who gets hit by it instead.
- My Greatest Failure: Not being able to save Sakaguchi in the end.
- In Lostorage, she also counts not being able to stop the Selector battles as a failure.
- The Stoic
An energetic girl who tries to befriend Kiyoi. She is run over by a truck while trying to save Kiyoi from it. As a result, she is hospitalized and is in a coma.
- Convenient Coma: Is stuck in a coma after pushing Kiyoi out of the way of an incoming truck. Until Remember, in Kiyoi's body, pulls the plug on her life support.
- Genki Girl: Ayumi is cheerful and energetic.
- It Was a Gift: She had intended on giving Kiyoi her first deck before getting run over by a truck. Her mother gives the deck to Kiyoi for her.
- Nice Girl: Repeatedly attemps to befriend Kiyoi without any ulterior motive.
- Killed Off for Real: Remember, in Kiyoi's body cuts off Ayumi's life support, granting Kiyoi's wish to "Save Sakaguchi from her condition" in a twisted way.
- Taking the Bullet: Saves Kiyoi from an incoming truck. This has put her in a coma.
- Berserk Button: She gets mad when someone insults her fortune-telling abilities.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She acted innocent and cute to make people believed on her, before showing her dark persona, as shown after she takes Kiyoi's body.
- The Bully: [[spoiler:Was one as a child, alongside two other girls.
- Canon Immigrant: She appears in Lostorage Conflated Wixoss, although she did appear in a cameo in Incited.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Her human self was one of the two girls who bullied Kiyoi during her childhod alongside Kiyoi's false friend.
- Fate Worse than Death: After being defeated by Amika and Piruluk, she is turned back into a LRIG and finds herself in the hands of her former LRIG, now in Remember's original body. Remember tries to convince her to help her so that they can both return to their original bodies The LRIG, however, refuses and put Remember's card in her diary as a bookmark. And even after she escapes from that fate due to Ruko's wish at the end of Spread, it's revealed in Conflated that it made quite a deal on her psyche...
- Fortune Teller: And a good one at that, considering that Kiyoi nver lost a battle once she started following her predictions.
- Grand Theft Me: Considering how the Eternal Girl thing works and that the manga is a prequel to the anime, she will take over Kiyoi's body. It happens in chapter 3.
- Sanity Slippage: The aforementioned Fate Worse than Death had quite the effect on her psyche, as shown in Conflatedwhere she becomes obsessed with Kiyoi.
- Stripperific: Like most other LRIG.
A selector who resemble Ayumi Sakaguchi. Her LRIG is Piruluk.
- Identical Stranger: Amika resemble Ayumi, in both appearance and personality.
A young girl who obtains the LRIG Alfou from a mysterious girl in a wheelchair.
- All Love Is Unrequited: She is very possesive and protective of Mako, which in turn prompts others to say she has a crush on her. Unfortunately, she finds out that Mako has a crush on Itsuki instead and things go downhill...
- The Cameo: Appears in the last episode of Spread alongside Mako.
- Childhood Friends: With Mako and Itsuki.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Lets her hair down as she decides on her new wish.
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: To the once human Alfou.
- Hunter Of Her Own Kind: Starts hunting other selectors and takes their LRIG after defeating them.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Yuragi is so obsessed with making Mako dependant on her that she wants to make sure Mako's wish won't become true so that she will continue being dependant.
- Poisonous Friend: Haity believes she is one for Mako.
- The Promise: Made a promise to someone she calls Onee-chan that she would protect Mako for her. Said person is later revealed to have been Mako's older sister, Machi.
- Tragic Keepsake: Machi's school necktie, which she uses as a hair ribbon.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to Mako's girly girl.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Her hair is styled that way. Until chapter 7.
Yuragi's friend who is also a selector. Her LRIG is Haity.
- All Love Is Unrequited: According to Haity, she has a crush on Itsuki, who likes Yuragi instead.
- The Cameo: Appears in the last episode of Spread alongside Yuragi.
- Character Development: Thanks to Haity and the support of her friends, she becomes more confident and assertive. This worries Yuragi, who doesn't like the new change in Mako's personality.
- Childhood Friends: With Yuragi and Itsuki.
- Girlish Pigtails: Heir hair is styled that way.
- Hidden Depths: She's shown to be cheerful and scatterbrained all the time. However, she's quick to point out that Yuragi's protectiveness of her is more out of a selfish desire to make up for the loss of Machi. She's also mature enough to use her wish to become more bolder so Itsuki will like her instead of selfishly making him love her.
- Poor Communication Kills: Most of the plot would have been avoided if she just told Yuragi about her true wish. Instead, Yuragi assumes her wish wrongly and does a HeelFace Turn so Mako's "wish" won't become true.
- Shrinking Violet: Before becoming a Selector.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Yuragi's tomboy.
A preschooler and a selector. Her LRIG is Aoba.
- Becoming the Genie: Wakaba eventually becomes a LRIG
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In chapter 7, she ties her ribbon on the left side indicating that she's no longer Wakaba but Aoba.
A friend of Yuragi and Mako.
- All Love Is Unrequited: He has a crush on Yuragi, who's pretty much Mako-sexual.
- Amazon Chaser: Itsuki has a crush on Yuragi for being bold and confident. This is the reason why Mako choose to become a Selector and get her wish granted. She wanted to become as courageous as Yuragi so she could get Itsuki's attention.
- Childhood Friends: With Yuragi and Mako.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: He's always scolding Yuragi for overprotecting Mako. Of course, his advice always gets on deaf ears.
- The One Guy: The sole male character with any importance in Re/verse.
- Muggle Best Friend: To Mako and Yuragi.
- Oblivious to Love: He's unaware of Mako and Himeru's feelings for him.
Mako's older sister. She's deceased during the story, but she's the reason why Yuragi is so fixated with protecting Mako. It's also revealed she used to be a Selector and knew Haity back when she was human.
- Cool Big Sis: In addition to being Mako's sister, she was seen as one by Yuragi and Itsuki.
- Driven to Suicide: Comitted suicide in order to be reunited with "her loved one".
- The Promise: Made one with Yuragi that the latter would look after Mako.
- Posthumous Character: Machi died years before the story began. However, the connections she had to several other characters in the story and the impact her death had on them gives her importance.
Yuragi's LRIG. She's very possesive of Yuragi and refuses to tell her about the Eternal Girl.
She used to be a human girl who was a lonely and disabled rich girl that was befriended by Yuragi as a child. After the suicide of Mako's sister, Yuragi stopped visiting and eventually forgot about the disabled girl. She became a Selector and after becoming an Eternal Girl, she wished to be with Yuragi forever.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She is very possesive and clingy towards Yuragi and resents Mako (and Itsuki to a lesser degree) as a result.
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: To Yuragi.
- It's All About Me: She only wants to be at Yuragi's side, not caring about the people who'll suffer along the way, such as leaving her former LRIG in her ill disabled body. It's revealed she was also like this when she was human, not caring at all that Yuragi was traumatized about Machi's suicide and complaining that Yuragi stopped visiting her. Fortunately she gets better.
- Lonely Rich Kid: When she was human before Yuragi befriended her.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Has this reaction when she overhears from Itsuki that Yuragi forgot many things about her childhood due to the trauma of Machi's suicide. She realizes that's the reason Yuragi forgot about her, not because she chose Mako over her. She also feels bad for leaving her former LRIG stranded in her sick human body and how Yuragi manipulates Itsuki.
- Not So Different: Alfou wants Yuragi to look only at her, which is the same thing Yuragi wants from Mako.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her eyes are red and there are hints that her intentions may not be what they seems.