Characters of Seikoku no Dragonar. Currently under construction.
- Interspecies Romance: Eco is a humanoid dragon and Ash is her human Breeder. One obstacle for their relationship is there was never been a human-dragon couple before in their world.
- Lady and Knight: Eco and Ash are officially named by Navi as the Imperial Princess and the Knight of Avalon.
- Mistress and Servant Boy: Played With. Eco is Ash's Pal, making her his pet dragon. From the moment Eco is born, however, she immediately proclaims Ash to be her "dog", completely dominating and abusing him like he was her slave.
The male protagonist, he has a large Seikoku on his left arm. He can ride most any dragons.
- An Arm and a Leg: When he was a kid, he lost his left arm when he gave his Starbrand to Silvia. The Mother Dragon then gave him a new arm and Starbrand which would eventually give birth to Eco.
- Blessed with Suck: Has a huge scar on his shoulder for nothing for many years, and when he finally gets his dragon, it turns out to be a Tiny Tyrannical Girl who wants to enslave him.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: He's totally dense yet outspoken when it comes to women.
- Covert Pervert: The novel's narrative implies he's very sensitive to women's sex appeals, even to his own sister.
- Curtains Match the Window: Light brown hair and eyes.
- Dragon Rider: Though every Breeder can ride their own dragons, he is exceptional since he can ride most any dragon.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Met Silvia when he was younger when she went to the Mother Dragon.
- Henshin Hero: He has Eco make powered armors for him she gets from the Dragon Workshop, pretty much having the same effect as an anime superhero transformation.
- I Have Many Names: He has multiple nicknames: The Problem Child, The Boy Who Can Ride Any Dragon, and Silver Knight.
- Nice Guy
- One Head Taller: He tops Eco's height by a full head.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: He needs to tell Eco to wear clothes because she otherwise would walk around naked.
- Power Tattoo: Like all Breeders, he has a Seikoku tattoo, but his is significantly larger that it covers his arm.
- Promotion to Parent: Since their father left after her birth, Ash had to take it upon himself to help raise his little sister Linda.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Every reaction to a Ship Tease, ever.
- Stock Light-Novel Hero: While not quite The Stoic nor an Ordinary High-School Student, Ash has a Unique Protagonist Asset in that he and his sister can ride any Dragon besides the one that belongs to him. He's also the only known person whose Parr, Eco, has human form. In addition to the aforementioned Eco, he also has several girls who are either in love with him or want to have his child for a variety of reasons. And that's not even getting into the other things related to being the Knight of Avalon which make him even more special.
- Unwanted Harem: He has the affections of Eco, Silvia, Rebecca, Jessica, Oscar, his sister Linda, and more girls just keep joining in.
The main female protagonist, Ash's dragon partner in the shape of a petite girl. She has a brash and prideful personality. Loves to eat crepes.
- A-Cup Angst: She's annoyed at her flat chest and really hates women having larger breasts than she does. Though, Ash finds out she won't have to worry about this when she's older, since she'll look like Navi.
- Alien Catnip: Like other dragons, a spice called Ansal is the equivalent of alcohol for her. Unfortunately, it's apparently a popular filling in her Trademark Favorite Food, crepes.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: While we see her naked every episode, she's always drawn with the same anatomical detail of a Barbie doll. Although, the uncensored version does give her nipples, at least.
- Catchphrase Insult: She often yells "I'll crush you!" or other variations when someone, usually Ash, makes her angry.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She likes to make clear Ash is her dog. She gets furious when he pays attention to any girl other than his "master".
- Cry Cute: Ash finds it cute when Eco stops acting like a tyrant and cries like a defenseless girl. Not that those moments last long.
- Curtains Match the Window: Pink hair and reddish-pink eyes.
- Cute Little Fangs: As a humanoid dragon, it should be no surprise.
- Damsel in Distress: She's frequently kidnapped or put in danger, needing Ash to rescue her.
- Design-It-Yourself Equipment: Her mental Atelier put her into this job, designing and creating Power Armor from data to metalize it on Ash.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: She's constantly punching and kicking Ash around, which is supposed to be funny because she's a little girl and he's a guy.
- Embarrassing Damp Sheets: In volume 3, she wets the bed after having a nightmare. Though she considers secreting Bright Dragon Crystals even more embarrassing.
- Establishing Character Moment: Just to show the audience what a nice personality this dragon girl has, she Megaton Punches Ash a mere minute after she's born and starts bossing him around, claiming that he's her pet from now on.
- Fantastic Arousal: She gets aroused from biting and licking on her undeveloped horns.
- Fiery Redhead: Her hair is reddish pink, to be exact. Otherwise, her personality fits the trope to a T; short-tempered, boastful and a violent Tsundere to boot.
- Genetic Memory: All her basic knowledge comes from Dragweiss, which is the collective memory of the entire dragon race.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Prone to yell and attack anyone, usually Ash, with little to no provocation.
- Horned Humanoid: She has small round undeveloped horns.
- I Am Who?: She has no idea of her descendance or why she was born with the form of a human girl. Even Dragweiss won't give her access to information about herself. She's actually a princess descended of Avalon, one of the two kingdoms of Holy Dragons. She was given a human body so she could eventually have children with Ash and save the dragon race from extinction.
- In Vino Veritas: Whenever she's given Ansal, the usually haughty and aggressive Eco turns tame and affectionate towards Ash, going as far as to kiss him.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: She has no problem being naked in front of people because a superior race of dragon doesn't need clothes. Ash insists her putting some on anyway.
- Jerkass: Her personality is just awfully terrible all-around. She basically treats everyone, especially her love interest, like worthless garbage at worst and slaves at best.
- Ms. Fanservice: She spends more time naked than any girl in the series.
- Naked First Impression: She's naked with Ash first meets her because she had just been born.
- Naked on Arrival: When she's finally born at the start of the story, she appears before Ash completely naked.
- Named After Somebody Famous: In-universe, Ash names her after the pal of Rosa Maria, the first Breeder.
- The Napoleon: She looks like a small girl, but acts what she is: a supremely hotheaded, brash and violent dragon.
- Non-Human Sidekick: This is her function as Ash's dragon Pal, except Eco won't ever accept that she's a sidekick and always tries to show she's the dominant one in the partnership.
- Odd Name Out: Eco is the only dragon related to the kingdom of Avalon who isn't named after one of the Knights of the Round Table.
- Out-of-Clothes Experience: She appears completely naked whenever her mind enters the Dragon Workshop.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: She has the Super Strength of a dragon in the body of a small girl.
- Pride: She won't ever shut up about how she, as a dragon, belongs to a far superior race than humans and that makes her better than everyone around her. And even if she's Ash's Pal, he doesn't own her; she owns him.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes all the way down to her hips.
- Really Royalty Reveal: Eventually revealed as the Imperial Princess of the Emperor's Family of Avalon's Holy Dragons.
- Really Was Born Yesterday: Looks like a teenage girl but is a newborn dragon.
- Royal Brat: While she isn't aware that she's a princess, Eco fits the trope to a T. She's bratty, arrogant and thinks of herself as superior to anyone around her.
- Shana Clone: Eco is a dragon that takes the form of a small, flat-chested girl, is an abrasive, demanding and violent Tsundere, has pink Rapunzel Hair, wears a school uniform with Grade A Zettai Ryouiki, refers to Ash as her "dog" despite him being her master, and loves crepes as much as Shana loves melon bread.
- Sleeps in the Nude: She sleeps naked in Ash's bed.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: She takes the form of a little girl and calls herself Ash's owner, treating him like he was her slave and physically abusing him if he disobeys her. This despite him being her actual owner.
- Token Mini-Moe: She's the smallest and most childlike of the female main characters.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Crepes, some which apparently makes her drunk.
- Tsundere: An extreme Harsh type. She's prideful, abrasive, short-fused and very abusive towards Ash despite her obvious feelings for him.
- Weredragon: Unlike other dragons, Eco was born with the body of a little human girl. Her true form is that of a titan-sized dragon.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is pink with a reddish tint. Makes sense since she's actually a dragon.
- Zettai Ryouiki: The uniform she's given to wear includes thigh-high socks.
Lautreamont Knight Country
Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy
First-year student at Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy and Fourth Princess of Lautreamont.
- Almost Kiss: With Ash before Cossette inadvertently stopped them.
- Contralto of Danger
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She becomes less cold and far friendlier to Ash as she falls in love with him.
- Fear of Thunder: She's shaken by the sound of thunder.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Met Ash when she was younger when she went to visit the Mother Dragon. She does not remember his name from that time.
- Nice Hat: She almost always wears the white beret of the school uniform.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches all the way down to her hips.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: She's mortified whenever she's subjected to Clothing Damage, which her sister deems something unfit of a knight. She becomes more resistant to exposure after her encounter with Avdocha, but she still feels uncomfortable to wear a skimpy swimsuit.
- Tsundere: Harsh type, but not as bad as Eco. She's unfriendly, harsh and aloof to everyone, particularly Ash. She reveals a soft and easily embarrassed side as she falls in love with Ash.
- Uptown Girl: Silvia is the fourth princess of the Lautreamont Royal Family and falls in love with Ash, a commoner.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears thigh-high boots as part of her school uniform.
Third-year student at Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy and President of the Student Council. She is an Ark-Dragonar, and is known as one of the strongest Dragonars in Ansarivan.
- Alliterative Name: Rebecca Randall
- Blade on a Stick: Her Gae Bolg.
- Childhood Friends: With Jessica.
- Cool Big Sis
- Javelin Thrower: How she uses Gae Bolg.
- Ms. Fanservice: One particular scene has her slowly taking off her clothes to show off her voluptuous body.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: She wears tights with her school uniform, giving her a more refined image as fitting for the Student Council President.
- Proud Beauty: Fully aware of how beautiful she is and uses it to tease others mostly Ash.
- Rapunzel Hair: It goes down to about her waist.
- Secret Keeper: The real reason why Oscar wants to marry Rebecca is because Rebecca knows Oscar is a girl posing as a guy and Oscar for some reason thinks marrying Rebecca will protect the secret of her gender.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: She is the president of the student council and an Ark-Dragonar.
- Student Council President: Head of the student council of the Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy.
First-year student at Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy and one of Ash's friends at the boys' dorms. A self-proclaimed "ladies' man".
First-year student at Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy and Student Council Secretary. Another one of Ash's friends at the boys' dorms.
First-year student at Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy and childhood friend and rival of Rebecca. She is a devoted fan of the "Silver Knight", and is the founder of SKFC (Silver Knight Fan Club).
- Be My Valentine: Her family name is Valentine and is a hopeless romantic searching for her "Silver Knight".
- Childhood Friends: With Rebecca.
- Club President: The president of the Silver Knight Fan Club.
- Gold Digger: She wants to bear Ash's children because that way she will become a real noble.
- Legacy of Service: The Valentine family have been servants of the Randall family for generations.
- Loves My Alter Ego: She has a crush on the "Silver Knight", but doesn't seem to think much of Ash until she finds out they are one and the same.
- Mock Millionaire: Despite her mannerisms, she's not an Ojou. She actually comes from a family of servants.
- Ojou Ringlets: She styles her hair in ringlets as part of the Ojou image she cultivates. She's actually a subversion; she comes from a family of servants and is only pretending to be a noble.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has her hair in the form of Ojou Ringlets up to her hip.
- Shameful Strip: Avdocha strips Jessica to her underwear as an act of humiliation when she pretends to take a church hostage.
An Eckbald, she is the Student Council Secretary.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Sleeps in a coffin and grows plant all around her room.
- Hidden Elf Village: She is said to live in one.
- Our Elves Are Different: She's an Eckbald or elf of the forest.
- Pointy Ears: Since she's an elf, she has pointed ears.
- Shrinking Violet: Her Establishing Character Moment is about her shrinks upon her own dragon's violent behavior. It turns out this happens because Lukka subconciously became fear of riding a dragon after an accident.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears thigh-high socks.
Second-year student at Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy and Vice-President of the Student Council. The Prince of the Chevron Kingdom and a Dragonar, as well as the only Dragonar who is the heir to the throne.
- Bifauxnen: Initially thought to be a Princely Young Man, Oscar is actually a girl posing as male so she can inherit the throne.
- Heir Club for Men: Her father raised her as a boy so she could still be the heir to the throne.
- Hidden Buxom: An egregious case. Oscar is a Sweet Polly Oliver whose figure is passable as a disguised man without a problem. When not wearing her male uniform, she's revealed to have one of the largest busts of the entire Unwanted Harem, many of whom have extraordinary large breasts themselves.
- Raised as the Opposite Gender: After her mother's death, the king took her on as a son and hid her true gender before the people could find out about it.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes down to about her waist.
- Self-Proclaimed Love Interest: Oscar proclaims Rebecca is her fiancée and will make her Queen of Chevron one day. Although, this is because Rebecca knows Oscar is a girl and Oscar thinks getting married to her will protect the secret of her real gender, somehow. After Ash finds out about her gender too, Oscar declares she will make him her "second wife", all the way to expecting him to crossdress so people don't find out Oscar is a woman.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She usually disguises herself as a boy, but looks stunning in a dress.
- She Is the King: She wants to be the first female king of Chevron and expects Ash to be her "second queen" with Rebecca being the first.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Oscar is in fact a girl who has to pretend to be a boy in order to keep her position as heir to the throne of Chevron.
- Tomboyish Name: She has a boy's name as part of her Raised as the Opposite Gender deal.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: She ties her hair in a ponytail when disguised as a boy.
Introduced in Book #11, Linda is the younger sister of Ash. She acts like a mature person, but has a serious big brother complex and doesn't want to be alone. She has a star-shaped mark which allows her to control other dragons like her brothers.
- Big Brother Attraction: Linda openly states she wants to marry her older brother Ash.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: She takes Ash's blank promise to her very seriously since they were children.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She can be somewhat possessive of Ash when around other women.
- Curtains Match the Window: Brown hair and brown eyes.
- Girlish Pigtails: She ties her hair into twin tails, showing how young and naive she is.
- Idiot Hair: She has a single strand of hair standing atop her head.
- Little Sister Heroine: She's Ash's adorable younger sister who adores him to the extremes, even claiming she wants to marry him. She also gets in Clingy Jealous Girl mode when Ash's harem is around.
- Missed the Call: Whereas Ash was supposed to receive Lancelot as a Pal, Eco was supposed to pair up with Linda.
Lautreamont Royal Family
The first princess.
- BFS: Wields a large sword.
- Big Sister Bully: Veronica forced Silvia to go through some Training from Hell, either to prepare her for her desire to become a Dragon breeder or to break her out of it. As a result of this treatment, Silvia would grow up with an immense fear of Veronica.
- Ice Queen: She is cold as ice in battles.
- Incest Subtext: Beneath her Aloof Big Sister front, she actually adores Silvia to the point of Stalker with a Crush-like obsession. She has pictures of Silvia throughout her room, and even a lifesized Silvia doll. She also became somewhat worried that Silvia was getting close to Ash.
- Leotard of Power: She wears a white and blue leotard for battle.
- One-Woman Army: She once killed 100 men in battle by herself.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes down to about her hips.
- Red Baron: The Iron Blood Valkyrie.
- Stalker Shrine: Her room is filled with pictures and posters of Silvia, and she even has a lifesized Silvia doll and Silvia body pillow on her bed. In addition, she keeps clothes that Silvia has worn, a record of her growth, and even a poem that she wrote about her missing Silvia.
- Tough Love: She's so mercilessly harsh with Silvia because she adores her to no end and wants to make sure she's well-prepared for any challenge a Dragonar might face.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Okay Veronica, so you want Silvia to woman it up and become a better warrior? All you need to do is stage a terrorism with both you and your mercenary threaten to commit a mass genocide if it fails? What The Hell?
- Zettai Ryouiki: She sports a thigh-high boots and leotard combo.
The first prince who was executed for killing his own dragon.
- Artificial Limbs: Has a prosthetic left arm.
- Demonic Possession: He gets possessed by the evil personality of his pal Mordred.
- The Dragon Slayer: Killed his own dragon Mordred. It was actually a plan made by both him and Mordred in order to get rid of Mordred's evil personality.
- Posthumous Character: Was executed for killing his pal. He is actually alive.
- Red Baron: Is known as the "Dragon Slayer" for killing his own dragon.
The ruler of the country.
- The Paladin: One of his titles.
The third princess.
- Red Baron: Argento Magus
One of Veronica's Knights and childhood friend of Prince Julius, also Sylvia's betrothed.
- Broken Bird: After the execution of his best friend ten years ago he has not smiled once. He is cold and emotionless and only lives due to Veronica making him her Knight and he obeys her every whim without question.
Silvia's maid. Primrose's younger sister
- Curtains Match the Window: Purple eyes and hair.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: She's a lot smarter and more coordinated than her ditzy Cute Clumsy Girl of an older sister Primrose.
- The Gadfly: She's given to teasing Silvia and Ash.
- Legacy of Service: The Shelley family seems to be composed entirely of bodyguards and maids for the Lautreamont Royal Family.
- Master of Disguise: She was able to pass herself off as Silvia to such an extent that, by looks alone, no one (not even her sister) could tell.
- Meido: She works as Silvia's personal maid and dresses the part.
- Ninja Maid: Besides being a maid, she displays ninja skills like disguise and vanishing from sight. She's also a skilled fighter, able to knock several daggers out of the air with ease, and then defeat her opponent, a skilled warrior herself, in moments.
- Satellite Character: As Silvia's maid, Cosette's role is limited to accompanying and serving the princess with very little characterization to herself.
- Two First Names: Shelley is both a given name and surname.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is purple.
Veronica's maid. Cosette's older sister.
- Childish Older Sibling: While she's the older one of the Shelley sisters, Primrose is carefree, clumsy and scatterbrained. Her younger sister Cosette is much more reliable at her job as a royal maid.
- Curtains Match the Window: Purple eyes and hair.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She is very cute, but really messes up her job.
- The Ditz: She's quite the airhead.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: She's much more goofy and absentminded than her younger sister Cosette.
- Innocently Insensitive: Primrose, being The Ditz that she is, doesn't realize how bad she made Eco feel by telling her it will be hard for her when Ash inevitably marries a human girl since humans and dragons can't get married.
- Meido: She works as Veronica's personal maid and dresses the part.
- Two First Names: Shelley is both a given name and surname.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Like her sister, her hair is purple.
The lead researcher on dragons.
- Easily Forgiven: In episode 2, Dr. Cornwell abducts Eco, planning on dissecting her for research, and would have done so if Ash didn't enact a timely rescue. You would think these actions would warrant her dismissal, if not arrest, but at the end of the episode she's been hired as a homeroom teacher.
- Hot Teacher: Becomes the homeroom teacher of Ash, Silvia and Raymond. The males in the class roar at her hotness.
- Stripperiffic: Her outfit exposes a lot of cleavage and leg.
A mysterious masked man.
- Big Bad: He's the main villain of the series.
- Demonic Possession: Modred's evil personality possessed Julius's body.
- Long Lost Sibling: Of Silvia.
- Malevolent Masked Man: The Big Bad wears a domino mask to hide his identity.
- Skunk Stripe: He has a red stripe in his white hair.
- White Hair, Black Heart: His hair is mostly white and he plays the role of Big Bad.
- Ambiguously Brown: All members of the Tantalos tribe have dark skin.
Milgauss' subordinate and a member of the Tantalos Tribe.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her Stripperiffic includes a bikinilike top that shows off her abdomen.
- Long-Lost Relative: She's Avdocha's long-lost little sister.
- My Master, Right or Wrong
- Only Known by Their Nickname: She goes by Anya while her real name is Shamara Kiltzkaya.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail nearly reaches down the back of her knees.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Scarf Of Ass Kicking: She wears a stripped scarf in her Stripperiffic outfit.
- Stocking Filler: Her Stripperiffic includes a garter belt with thigh-high stockings.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears thigh-high stockings along with her Stripperiffic.
A former terrorist of the Tantalos tribe who now works for Veronica as an undercover agent. Avdocha decided to help Veronica so that she could find her long-lost sister, Shamara who now goes by Anya.
- Adaptational Modesty: In the manga, her "outfit" consists of small snake ornaments that very barely cover her naughty bits. The anime, instead, gave her tribal clothes that are way more conservative.
- Bare Your Midriff: She wears a bikini-like dress that exposes her abdomen.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Most people think Avdocha is a tall, well-endowed woman, because of how she was drawn in her wanted poster. The truth is the artist was basing on rumors and the true Avdocha is a flat-chested little girl.
- Hime Cut: She has blunt bangs, cheek-length sidelocks, and thigh-length straight hair. This despite Avdocha being a tribal girl and lacking any of the characteristics associated with the trope aside from maybe working for the royal family.
- Horned Hairdo: A bit of her hair points up into little horns.
- Older Than She Looks: She looks like a child, but Avdocha is actually a 20-year-old woman.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches down to about her hips.
- Reformed Criminal: She gave up the life of a terrorist to start working for the royal family and get help in searching for her sister.
- Stealth Mentor: She attacked a church, said she would kill everyone inside with a bomb and then humiliated both Jessica and Silvia by subjecting them to Shameful Strip. The truth is Avdocha had long stopped being a terrorist and was asked by Veronica to help Silvia overcome her fear of facing villains and Defeat by Modesty.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She and her sister Anya/Shamara look nearly identical to each other.
The overseer of the Dragon Workshop. She appears as an older version of Eco.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's the incarnation of the Dragweiss, the repository of all dragon knowledge.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her dress leaves her midriff exposed.
- Curtains Match the Window: Like Eco, she has reddish pink hair and matching reddish pink eyes.
- Genetic Memory: She has access to all of the knowledge of past dragons.
- Horned Humanoid: She has a pair of fully-grown dragon horns on her head.
- Horny Devils: While a dragon, Navi gives off quite the succubus vibe given how she enters Ash's dreams and touches every part of his body while he's unable to move. All while she's wearing nothing but black patches that cover the sensitive parts.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is long enough to reach the back of her knees.
- Shipper on Deck: She thinks it would be fine if Ash ended up marrying both Eco and Silvia.
- Spirit Advisor: She appears inside Eco's mind to guide her while she's still an immature dragon.
- The Tease: She really enjoys teasing Ash and Eco just to get flustered reactions out of them.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Like Eco, she has rosy hair.