open/close all folders
Captain Hazel "Hank" Murphy
"My nipples are hard just thinking about it."
Voiced by: Harry Goz
Supposed to be the leader of Sealab, but is often acts like immature. When his voice actor died, he went to space to fight in the Great Spice Wars
Captain Bellerophon "Tornado" Shanks
Voiced by: Michael Goz
A retired football coach, came to Sealab as Captain Murphy's replacement after he went off to fight in the Great Spice Wars
Jodene Sparks (Commander)
"I want to start a NUCLEAR WAR!"
Voiced by: Bill Lobley
- Affably Evil: Runs a supervillian operation on the side. But then again..
- Deadpan Snarker: Sparks invokes this usually when he's around Captain Murphy or many of the other crew members.
- Evil Cripple: Subverted. He's incredibly greedy, and may or may not run a supervillain operation. But, while he initially claims to be crippled, he later admits that he can walk just fine, he's just lazy.
- The Lancer
- Last-Name Basis: Really, if one didn't pause at just the right moment in "All That Jazz", they never would even know Sparks's first name.
- Manipulative Bastard: Oftentimes.
Marco: Sparks, any idea what happened to [Hank's] happy-cake oven thing?
Sparks: Uhh, yeah. I stole it and dumped it out in the ocean.
Marco: What!? Why did you do that?!
Sparks: Just part of a larger plan to drive him insane. Oh, I also have the orphans wet his bed while he's asleep.
- Only Sane Man: He's fairly smart but too lazy and greedy to be a responsible employee; but is Depending on the Writer on this.
- Token Evil Teammate: If the crew as a whole is engaging in questionable behavior it's usually out of stupidity or obliviousness. If Sparks joins in he's the only one doing so with full awareness and out of selfishness.
Debbie DuPree (Lieutenant Commander)
Voiced by: Kate Miller
Derek "Stormy" Waters (Lieutenant Commander)
"You said 'booby'!"
Voiced by: Ellis Henican
- Abhorent Admirer: To Debbie, who makes little secret of how much she dislikes him and his advances.
- Back to School: Stormy never apparently got past fifth grade and is seen in class with fourth graders.
- The Big Guy
- Casanova Wannabe: He likes to think he's good with the ladies but his track record proves otherwise.
- The Ditz: He is pretty, but also pretty stupid.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: A bit more subtle than most examples but most the crew make it clear they can barely stand him. They'll exclude him from social gatherings, will happily insult him right to his face and occasionally show a willingness to physically attack him if he annoys him too much. He's a Proximity example because as a member of the crew they can't just avoid him. Quinn is by and large the only one who even remotely tries to be nice to Stormy and it's clear in some cases that he's doing so out of Supervision (Stormy is extraordinarily stupid and reckless, which makes him just as likely to maim himself as he is to hurt anyone around him). "Brainswitch" has Quinn outright telling him that no one else will work with him.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Tried to flash a gang sign to Black Debbie, but everyone else wasn't impressed.
Dr. Quentin Q. Quinn (Lieutenant Commander)
"I have 5 Ph.D's and a genius grant. I have no peers."
Voiced by: Brett Butler
Marco Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Lieutenant Commander)
"Time for a shot of Vitamin M!"
Hesh Hepplewhite (Lieutenant)
"Hesh wants some sex!"
Debbie Allison Love (Lieutenant)
"Listen fatty! I done told you once! You can either hold it, or you can just pee in that wetsuit!"
Voiced by: Angela Gibbs
- Ascended Extra: She started getting more screentime about the time Murphy left the show.
- As Herself: In "Return To Oblivion" Debbie Love is apparently playing herself, as seen in the Chunk opening credits.
- One Steve Limit: Shares a name with Debbie, but is known as Black Debbie. This causes confusion by Stormy.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Was a star quarterback, and even won the Heisman Trophy, much to Shanks's delight.
Dr. Ilad Virjay (Unknown Rank)
Voiced by: Adam Reed
- Ascended Extra: Right about the time Murphy left the show he started showing up in more episodes.
- Funny Foreigner: Has an Indian accent and is the doctor of the lab.
- Hidden Depths: Leads a rockabilly band called the Mahatmamas
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: It's not even clear just what his degree is in, and there have been plenty of times where he violated the Hippocratic Oath out of apathy.
Dolphin Boy (Lieutenant Jr. Grade)
A boy that wanders around Sealab, but speaks in chirps.