The characters from Scrambled Egg.
Some spoilers are unmarked.
- "I've done my part to help society. And now that I see how society works, to hell with it. It can rot for all I care. I just wanna be left alone."
A mountain troll who prefers isolation as opposed to living in society. He's inadvertently entangled in Tanya and Sonya's rivalry and forced to choose which of the two he should help.
- Ambiguous Disorder: It's implied Snorrv has agoraphobia. He's spent at least a decade living alone in the mountains, feeling he would be safer there than living with people. When he actually does leave the mountains in the final chapter, he hesitates to approach three kind wanderers and feels like he's vulnerable to anyone and everyone.
- Badass Bystander: He's no one special, just a normal mountain troll. However, he's skilled in earth magic, and when he comes across Trellorv, he doesn't hesitate to use his raw strength to beat the crap outta him. He even manages to kill him after getting the drop on him with his own club.
- Child by Rape: Snorrv's father raped and impregnated his mother. Shortly after she gave birth to him, he killed her.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Snorrv grew up with an abusive father who went as far as molesting him once he was fertile. And then he cajoled Snorrv into raping a troll in an attempt to turn him into a Serial Rapist like him.
- The Dog Bites Back: After being abused by his father for several years, being forced into raping someone, and learning that his father killed his mother, Snorrv slashed his father's throat in his sleep.
- Gasshole: Goat flesh makes him very flatulent, much to Tanya's disgust in chapter 1 when she's stuck walking behind him in a tunnel.
- The Hermit: Snorrv lives alone in the mountains due to his hatred of society and how everyone tries to justify their horrible actions with petty excuses.
- Mighty Glacier: He's a bulky troll capable of getting hit in the face with a spiked club and walking it off. Unfortunately, he's also very slow, and his huge frame makes him an easy target.
- Patricide: Snorrv murdered his father when he was nineteen years old. He deserved it though.
- Sole Survivor: He's the only main character who survives the battle in the mountains.
- You Need a Breath Mint: During his attempt to annoy Tanya, Snorrv breathes heavily on her back multiple times. She immediately tells him his breath is unpleasant when he asks her if it smells or not.
- "This has to happen. When this egg hatches, everything will be okay. All the sinners in this world will be purged, and everything will be at peace again."
A light mage who wants to kill all the evil-doers in the world by any means necessary.
- Anti-Villain: Tanya is a vigilante who goes around killing evil-doers, and she genuinely wants to save the world and keep people safe. But she reaches a point where she tries to have a deity slaughter thousands across the world, not caring that innocent people could be caught in the crossfire.
- Black-and-White Insanity: She believes that anyone who is a sinner, or anyone who associates with criminals and sinners, deserves to die in order to bring peace in the world.
- Driven to Suicide: She kills herself after Snorrv kills the creature in the egg.
- Knight Templar: Deconstructed, and exploited. She thinks she's the hero because she goes around killing evil-doers without question. This allows someone like Synnyk Synncader to manipulate her into killing his competition, despite the fact he's a "sinner" himself. She becomes so desperate to rid the world of evil that she tries to use a deity to unambiguously kill everyone who committed any sin, regardless of the circumstances. When this deity is killed by Snorrv, Tanya realizes that no matter what she does, all of her hard work will be rendered meaningless anyway. So she kills herself.
- Magic Knight: She's skilled primarily in light magic, and other forms of magic. She also defends herself with a giant sword.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Tanya is usually The Unfettered, but in chapter 3, she begins to doubt everything about herself. She nearly breaks down crying in a confessional booth, thinking that the demons and the gods are laughing at her and silently judging her for the decisions she's made. And after Snorrv gives her "The Reason You Suck" Speech, she almost abandons her mission entirely.
- Precision F-Strike: She never says "fuck" at all in the entire story. At least, not until after she witnesses Snorrv killing the creature in the egg, at which point she murmurs, "Fuck it."
- The Unfettered: Tanya doesn't care who you are or what sin you've committed. If you've done anything she deems "evil," she will kill you and won't stop until you're dead.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Tanya is willing to kill thousands, even millions, so the world won't be plagued with criminals who prey on the innocent. Considering that people like King Chorn Torgash, Lorko Maeliss, Ogrell Syn'Gorrsh, and the Lowcryx brothers eventually come into play in other stories, it's easy to see why she's doing this.
- "All the innocent will ascend to paradise forever. All the sinners will descend to the bleakest depths of Hell. And then the gods will start over...they'll cast life down upon this world and everything will be better. The gods will have learned from their mistakes and ensure that all of this never happens again."
A dark mage who wants to destroy the world, believing life is nothing but an endless cycle of joy, followed by sorrow.
- Anti-Villain: Sonya is Affably Evil, wants to end all the suffering in the world, sympathizes with others who have tragic upbringings, and only resorts to violence when she absolutely needs to. That being said, she's still trying to destroy the whole world.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Like most people who use dark magic, the sclerae in her eyes darken right before she uses a powerful spell.
- Dark Action Girl: Subverted. Sonya is willing to do whatever it takes to destroy the world, even if it means killing anyone in her path. But she isn't heartless, nor does she go out of her way to kill civilians at random.
- Dark Is Evil: Sonya's attire is mostly red and black, as is her hair. She's the primary antagonist of the story.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She loved her husband dearly and was traumatized after she discovered he killed himself. Just before she dies, the one thing she looks forward to is seeing him, and her unborn child in the afterlife.
- Magic Knight: She's skilled in the arts of dark magic and also can fight using dual swords.
- Manipulative Bitch: She rarely ever attacks her foes immediately. Rather, she tries to either reason with them or cajole them into siding with her and understanding why she's does what she does.
- Omnicidal Maniac: She wants to destroy the whole world in an insane quest to end all pain and suffering in the world.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her short hair covers her left eye, which she occasionally has to brush aside.
- Speak Ill of the Dead: She smugly murmurs that Tanya was a "foolish girl" after she killed herself right in front of Snorrv.
- The Unfettered: Unlike Tanya, who shows doubt multiple times in the story, Sonya doesn't care what she has to do or who she has to betray in order to acquire the egg and achieve her goals.
- Xanatos Gambit: No matter what Sonya did, she was bound to win. If Tanya cracked open the egg, she would've created a demonic deity anyway that would go around killing millions. If Sonya cracked open the egg, she would've destroyed the world with the demon. If Trellorv killed her, the egg would've been useless in his hands anyway since he didn't know any forms of magic. And if Sonya died, alongside Tanya and Trellorv (which is what happened), then she could die knowing she'd finally see her family again and it would no longer be her burden to try and "fix" the world.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Most of Sonya's planning is made up as she goes along. When she tries to steal the egg from Tanya and gets blown backwards into the forest, she decides to heal her wounds and seek help from a nearby village. When she realizes Trellorv sacked the village, she turns the wounded into husks and recruits Trellorv to help her fight Tanya. When she comes across Snorrv, she tries to recruit him too, knowing she'd be better off having two trolls on her side instead of one. And when Sonya fails to persuade Snorrv to work with her and give her the egg, she just steals the egg from him while Snorrv and Tanya are distracted by Trellorv.
- "Isn't it ironic? You three have all had shitty, shitty lives for the past several years, and you don't know what to do with yourselves. You all followed the rules, upheld the law, and yet you can't find happiness. But look at me! I've spent my whole goddamn life killing and raping people and doing what society deems 'immoral.' And yet I'm the happiest person in this cave!"
A swamp troll who only cares about living in constant euphoria, even if it means harming or killing innocent people.
- Breath Weapon. He has the ability to expel poison gas from his mouth.
- Dark Is Evil: Trellorv's scales are mostly black or brownish, as is his skin. He's the secondary antagonist of the story.
- Death by Irony: Trellorv enjoyed bludgeoning people to death with his spiked club. Snorrv kills him by bludgeoning him to death with that very same spiked club.
- Fartillery: Implied. Trellorv can release poison gas from his mouth, and after unleashing it on Snorrv, he jokingly tells him "I can shoot my poison gas out the back end if you want."
- Fragile Speedster: Trellorv can't take many hits in a fight without going down. So he relies on his speed and dirty tactics to win fights.
- Hate Sink: He's one of the most repugnant villains in the Legatum series so far, right alongside Lorko Maeliss.
- The Hedonist: Exaggerated. Not only does Trellorv only care about self-satisfaction, but he can't achieve happiness unless he's causing someone else pain.
- Omnicidal Maniac: He helps Sonya in her quest to destroy the world because he wants to watch as the demon inside the eponymous egg razes the entire planet, thinking it'll give him eternal bliss.
- The Pig-Pen: Invoked. Trellorv takes pride in the fact that he smells horrendous and enjoys grossing out other people with his bodily odors.
- Self-Made Orphan: He murdered both of his parents shortly after he became an adult.
- Smug Snake: Trellorv thinks he's a cunning strategist who can fool with people's minds, but he's really just a weak troll who frequently overestimates how strong his opponents can be.
- The Sociopath: Trellorv doesn't care about anything but satisfying his own hedonistic needs. He murders his own parents without hesitation, and spends the next several years of his life raping and killing people indiscriminately just to please himself.
- Uncleanliness Is Next to Ungodliness: He's the nastiest character in the story, and he just so happens to be one of the most immoral, sadistic characters.
- You Need a Breath Mint: Sonya snarkily tells Trellorv in chapter 2 that his breath is rotten. Trellorv himself knows his breath is fetid and intentionally gets in people's faces just to disgust them with it.
- "I've reached my goal, but now I have to keep it. You understand? If you win a gold medal in a tournament, you gotta make sure no one comes along to steal it. And you gotta make sure you get more gold medals so everyone will know all about your feats."
A mysterious goblin who seems to run his own trade organization in the Black Market.
- Combat Pragmatist: When Tanya tries to kill him, Synnyk doesn't even try to fight fair. He immediately stabs Tanya in her kneecaps and rams his head into her groin, subduing her in under a minute.
- Dual Wielding: His Weapon of Choice is two daggers.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He has a lover named Gargin, someone he cares very deeply about even after Gargin discovered he was a criminal.
- Fragile Speedster: Like many goblins, he isn't all that strong, and he's got a height disadvantage. But he's very speedy, which works in his favor when he fights Tanya, who's wielding a very heavy sword.
- Karma Houdini: While we don't see Synnyk committing horrible crimes onscreen, it's made clear he's the leader of some illegal organization that deals in trading. He's still alive and well by the end of the story, as is his business.
- Manipulative Bastard: After Synnyk realizes that Tanya has no idea who he is, he decides to use her to eliminate his competition. Given who Tanya is, she does it with little hesitation.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Synnyk could've killed Tanya if he wanted to in chapter 3. But he chose not to—not because he was showing her mercy, but because he knew she was a light mage, and if he killed her, other light mages would investigate her murder and eventually find out he killed her.
- Small Role, Big Impact: He only shows up twice in chapter 3 and once in chapter 4. But he's the reason why Tanya went off the deep end and decided to purge every single evil-doer from the world using the egg, and he's also the one who motivated Trellorv into setting "higher goals" in life.
- Straight Gay: He mentions nonchalantly that he has a male lover. Besides this, he shows no stereotypical gay mannerisms.
- Wicked Cultured: Synnyk is literate and has his own stash of books within his domain. He even recites the name of a few novels he owns that only light mages were allowed to read.