Ada & Teresa
Species: Adder and Garter Snake
An inseparable couple and the main focus of the hijinks that occur in the comic.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of Ada's lines are reactions of disdain with a straight face.
- Dirty Coward: Ada, when her girlfriend is confronted by a "bully":"I'm so confident in Teresa's ability to handle this situation that that I'm going to hide behind this trash can until it's all over."
- Eye Glasses: Ada's glasses are so much a part of her design, one could make the understandable mistake of saying she doesn't wear any.
- Genki Girl: Teresa's nature serves as a contrast between Ada's snarky attitude.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Teresa's approach to dealing with Dilys. It doesn't work out.
- School Girl Lesbians: The warmth they share between each other, particularly in the Christmas Special is proof enough.
- The Straight Man: Ada, most directly to Teresa but also to everybody else.
- Those Two Girls: They are rarely seen without the other.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Lollipops, particularly big novelty suckers are Teresa's favorite food. They're a sign something good will happen to her...
Scalie Schoolie's resident eccentric. Her antics really seem to piss off everyone around her.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Even has her own club devoted to conspiracies. Cryptids, Aliens, and Chemtrails are all part of her interests
- Extraverted Nerd: Rather than shy, she is extremely enthusiastic about her interests and makes sure everyone knows.
- Oblivious to Hints: Camille cannot understand that her presence bothers those around her.
- Occidental Otaku: Her largest defining personality feature.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Her most prevalent physical trait are those big swirly glasses... though this is actuallysubverted. There's an official picture of her without glasses and with her hair down which reveals that her glasses are clear, and her eyes just look like that.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: She finances an anime convention every year with her massive, mishandled fortune.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Subverted with Camille. She is ANYTHING but smart.
Species: Fence Lizard
Meek and feckless, this girl gets no respect. No respect at all.
- Butt-Monkey: When she isn't being stuffed in a trash can by a bully, she's being mistreated or forgotten by her classmates.
- Cry Cute: Almost Belinda's default expression.
- The Ditherer: Her default reaction to most things is to just let things happen on their own.
- Extreme Doormat: Ended up as part of the Conspiracy Club because she didn't have the backbone to say no.
- Romance Novel: When not being stuffed into a trashcan or disrespected by her piers she is seen reading these, often of questionable quality.
- Stuffed Into A Trash Can: Just wouldn't be Belinda without this trope.
Species: Bush Viper
Physically imposing girl who is actually really nice. Not that people around her would care to notice...
- Boobs of Steel: Easily the strongest girl in the school and is one of the bustiest.
- Face of a Thug: Because of her thick eyebrows and outfit, people assume she is some sort of bully.
- Huge School Girl: She towers over students and faculty alike. Note that her own mother is so small she barely comes up to knee length.
- Japanese Delinquents: Looks like one, but far from it. Wear's a sarashi.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: She really IS nice! Trust her!
- Not So Stoic: Readers quickly see that she is no where near as frightening as she seems.
- Torches and Pitchforks: Ran headfirst into this trope in the middle of her arc.
Species: Plummed Basalisk
Athlete of unspecified discipline, but not too bright.
- Book Dumb: Attempted to read while running in place thinking it would help her read faster.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Was able to achieve and condition her own body to Dragon Ball Z level strength through her own determination and training.
- Lovable Jock: Quite the opposite of a :Jerk Jock: Liska treats everyone around her kindly and is liked by everyone. Even Belinda...
- Power Limiter: Her weighted training clothes are so heavy they break the floor when falling. They withhold a lot of her strength and speed, not unlike in Dragon Ball Z.
Species: Frilled Lizard
A small self-absorbed and wealthy girl.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Openly called Dilys terrifying, completely unafraid of her and walked off with no consequence.
- Narcissist: Her own self importance extends to coming up with a phony medical excuse to allow her to have her own throne and crown at school.
- Perpetual Smiler: Is never seen without a cheeky grin on her face, even on the verge of tears.
- Teacher's Pet: She wants everyone to know that it was HER who gave Ms. Lily an apple, and to ensure it's placed where it can be seen.
- The Ditz: She cannot walk around a puddle and is frozen stiff at what to do next.
Species: Flat-Headed Rock Agama
Ambitious sensationalist school reporter with no morals.
- Arc Villain: Serves as one of sorts in Violet's character arc and for all of her initial appearances in it.
- Bullying a Dragon: Ran articles that hurt the reputations of both Dilys and Violet and got away with it.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her first appearance has Dilys bargaining for a retraction in the paper. It's clear Parker's a villain of sorts, but she relies on her wits and disinformation.
- Karma Houdini Warranty: Manages to get away with her corrupt reporting in one arc, but in the arc right after that she gets physically abused and totally humiliated.
- Never My Fault: Never once apologized or admitted any wrong doing in her debut arc, despite instigating an angry mob and slandering poor Violet's reputation.
- Paparazzi: Gutter journalism, no integrity, and character assassination earn Parker this trope.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Does not always wear her glasses but when she does, she seems MORE sinister than usual.
- School Newspaper News Hound: This trope fits Parker like a glove. Her influence at the school paper can instigate angry mobs of people.
- Smug Snake: If the sneering and backhanded comments weren't enough... And she's a LIZARD of all things!
Big leather jacket wearing delinquent.
- Bad is Good and Good is Bad: Upon forcing Parker to print good stories about her, she's horrified by all the scholarships and perfect attendance awards she starts receiving.
- Evil Is Bigger: Dilys towers over her classmates.
- Femme Fatalons: Sports sharp claws that she threatened to use on Lacey.
- Hidden Depths: Despite all her negative qualities, she was disappointed to hear that Grizzelda views her as physically terrifying. She likes to think she's pleasant to look at.
- Pyrrhic Villainy: As mentioned before, she gets exactly what she wanted but then finds what she wanted isnt to her liking at all.
- Spikes of Villainy: Dilys has spikes on her shoulders and arms.
- The Bully: As expected from a big crocodile wearing a leather jacket. Seems to frequently pick on poor Belinda.
- Villain Cred: Played with. Dilys worries about her reputation in the Violet Arc. She doesn't want to seem TOO bad, but being a goody good is also something she doesn't want to be seen as either.
Species: Warty Newt
Dily's loyal lackey.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Has no idea what to do in life outside being a toady.
- Number Two: Does not seem to mind being in this role when speaking with the guidance councilor about career choices.
- Out of Focus: The creators acknowledge in Esmerelda's debut comic, that she has not been seen for about a year.
- Satellite Character: Not anymore, as she was with Esmerelda the guidance councilor seeking career advice. All her interactions used to be focused around Dilys.
- Sycophantic Servant: Sucking up to Dilys is out of fear AND respect.
Species: Bush Viper.
Small excited girl with an unhealthy appreciation for Violet.
- Broken Pedestal: Zig-zagged. Is heartbroken when she finds out Violet is framed as a bully even WORSE than Dilys, however she returns back to her obsessive, loving, stalking, ways once Parker "clears things up".
- Single-Target Sexuality: Only interested in Violet.
- Stalker with a Crush: All of her interactions with Violet are explicit about this.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Had a tendency to succesfuly sneak up on Violet every time.
Species: Spotted Salamander
Pretty girl who is actually quite lonely.
- Alone Among the Couples: The absence of intimacy in her life is slowly killing her.
- Character Focus: Receives plenty of this during the Violet Arc, sticking by her side as things got worse for Violet.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Amber passes her test of character when tempted by Parker. Too bad it didn't help Violet much.
- Out of Focus: For a while anyway. She was among the earliest characters introduced, and until the Violet Arc.
- The Eeyore: Slight depression is her normal state.
- The Straight Man: While she does have a share of problems, their relative mundanity compared to everyone else results in her being this when Ada isn't around.
Species: House Gecko
The school DJ who doesn't have much else to describe her.
- Ass Kicks You: Uses her ample posterior to bash Parker when she started insulting Liska.
- Berserk Button: She's tolerant of her friend's antics until they begin to actively disadvantage her.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Much more rotund than her classmates, but is considered no less attractive and even wears a bikini at one point.
- College Radio: As the school DJ, she's willing to take most requests. Except Camille's.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Snarky and even callous, but does sincerely care for her friends.
- The Nicknamer: Genuinely annoys others when doing this. Got turned around on her fairly quickly.
Probably the richest girl on campus and is more than willing to flaunt it.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Heavily Zigzagged. She loses the volleyball match which was to force her to let everyone else have the beach, but then her obnoxious behavior annoyed everyone so much they lost interest in being at the beach. She takes solace in this, but even she can't admit it was a full victory.
- Conspicuous Consumption: Paid a less than $5 lunch with a cartoonishly oversized burlap sack with a big dollar sign on it.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Her first appearance in the comic came with a dazzling gleam of sparkles.
- Everything's Sparkly with Jewelry: Iris' outfit has a big jewel straight on the center of her chest.
- Gretzky Has the Ball: Her unawareness of sports is worse than even Camille, such as believing that Volleyball is played with a bat.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: Absolutely loaded, and a complete idiot.note
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Thought her wealth would be enough to get a GOLDEN throne as a seat for class, and to trump Grizzelda's own thrown. Was more than willing to bribe Ms. Lily into doing too.
Student genius with a ominous lab on campus.
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill: Subverted in that Alice's braces do not get in her way.
- Brick Joke: Her debut comics explain the entirety of the character introduction boxes.
- Huge School Girl: Alice is larger and taller than most of her classmates.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Wouldn't be a student genius without one.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: She has a big sharp toothy grin.
Species: Lace Monitor Lizard
Scrappy new girl at school with a funny accent.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: WRESTLED with Dilys, getting the better of her no less!
- Foreign Exchange Student: From Australia!
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Lacey's scars are located on her arms and legs, and do not take away from her attractiveness. She seems tougher because of them.
- Land Downunder: Her first and currently, only, appearance establishes this about her, down to her slang.
Species: Thorny Devil.
A (partially) misunderstood girl covered in spikes.
- Face of a Thug: Not as drastic as Violet, but she makes it clear that people are scared of her because of her spikey appearance. She's still no saint however...
- Spikes of Villainy: While Wanda is certainly not a villain, everyone thinks she's a troublemaker. Played for laughs in her encounter with Violet.
- The Prankster: Her initial appearance gives this impression, literally spiking the punch.
Species: Snapping Turtle.
- The Brute: The muscle behind Iris' schemes.
- Huge Schoolgirl
- Top Heavy Girl: Her shoulders are so massive that she has developed an intense hatred of doorways.
- Turtle Power: Captain of the wrestling team, and a forceful volleyball player.
- The Voiceless: Has never spoken yet, but there's no indication she's unable to.
The ONLY teacher seen on campus thus far. That said, her students make her work life complicated.
- Closet Geek: An Old Shame of hers. While berating Grizzelda and Camille for their anime inspired career choices, she lamentably looks at old Magical Girl cosplay photos.
- Hot Teacher: The best possible physical description for Lily at first look.
- Not So Above It All: She admonishes Teresa for slacking off in class, but when she sees that Teresa's making a meme about Ms. Lily being "tfw best teacher ever,", she sheepishly asks for a few copies.
- Rabble Rouser: A less fierce version of one. She leads the angry mob that Parker's character assassination piece incited.
- Stern Teacher: Deconstructed. Lily is more like an Apathetic Teacher. She cares little for her job and does not enforce enough authority. This allows students to get away with blatantly lying, bribing, disrespecting, or even physically assaulting her. Then again she's quick to become angry at others but can't actually do much more than yell at them.
Species: Spring Salamander
Works at the cafeteria as a lunch lady, serving food and sarcasm.
- Dead Pan Snarker: Delivers her cutting remarks with a smile!
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Sally's sarcasm has reached even the likes of Dilys and got away with it.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Has arguably the most fan artwork of all the characters in gift art section, despite being a secondary character.
- Hartman Hips: A pair of full hips rounds out her attractiveness.
- Meganekko: Of the round glasses variety
Species: Boa Constrictor
A warm and caring Guidance Councilor and the third school staff member to be seen.
- And Call Him "George"!: A lighter version of this trope. Esmerelda's warm nature has her embracing and encouraging Trixie. Too bad she's a boa constrictor, an animal known for their immense strength and muscle endurance.
- Hartman Hips: Perhaps one of the most extreme examples of this trope, Esmerelda has a very skinny body and almost nonexistent shoulders coupled with a massive pair of perfectly circular hips.
- Hippie Teacher: If her speech mannerisms and attitude didn't make this clear, her style of dress tacks on the point.
- Hot Teacher: As expected from Scalie Schoolie, Esmerelda is one of these!
Species: Bush Viper
Violet's doting mother, who means well but does more harm than good.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Lilac is incredibly popular despite a few appearances at the beginning of the Violet Arc. Additionally, her appearance marked the surge in popularity of the comic.
- Freudian Excuse: Lilac's doting on Violet, while unfair, is rooted in how she was treated as a teenager. She does not want her daughter to go through with what she did.
- Parental Obliviousness: The unfortunate side effect of Lilac's approach to parenting. She is not aware that what she wants for Violet is hurting her reputation at school.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: She doesn't even come up to her own daughter's knees, but still can demand her daughter look like a delinquent.