open/close all folders
- Killed Off for Real: Wizzle kills him off in real life.
- One-Way Visor Who knows what lies behind it...
- Troll: Hoo boy is he ever...
- The Smart Guy
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Very good at making speedcore/terrorcore music, virus making not as much, anything else falls victim to their short attention span .
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Color-Coded Characters: Everything about GK is purple...outside of their eyes and mouth (and the eyes and mouth on their shirt symbol) which are varying shades of yellow.
- Digital Avatar: Only known online as a small purple cat with vine powers, being brought into Sanctum fused their human self with this avatar to make a physical variation of the virus. Not that it bugs them at all, theyve been wanting to make a physical costume for a while.
- Expressive Mask: Technically Expressive Goggles, said goggles were fused to the face and replaced their eyes after the virus fusion. Their mouth has a bit of this too since it doesnt actually open.
- The ears on their hoodie also react to any emotions in a cat-like manner
- Expressive Shirt: The face on GKs shirt is sometimes more expressive than GKs face
- Genius Ditz: (See Bunny-Ears Lawyer)
- Goggles Do Nothing: They just make them look more like their persona.
- If anything they worked for cutting down glare on the screen while being on the computer in a dark room
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Downplayed, while they were pretty isolated they arent completely antisocial, even when they can't hear what anyone is saying 90% of the time
- Kayfabe Music: "GhostKat" made an entire online identity just for their music, and were ready to try going on tour as their persona before getting dragged into Sanctum.
- Mind Virus: While too weak to control them entirely, the Virus mostly triggers GK to do things like fighting a threatening program (essentially all the opponents/judges) and go to the Pillar, despite how GK feels about the situation.
- No Biological Sex: Outside of Sanctum they had an Ambiguous Gender; this became No Biological Sex when they were brought in and combined with the virus.
- Only Knownby Their Nickname: Takes it Up to Eleven by not revealing anything about who they are offline, especially to their fans. They barely know their real name themselves.
- The Symbiote: A virtual version since they got fused with a virus, the Parasitism variation
- The Unintelligible: Their voice is too glitched to talk, although some characters can vaguely make out what they're trying to say.
- Magitek: He's a robot who can cast spells.
- Fingerless Gloves: Because those are cool-looking.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Zig-zagged with Thomas. Yes he may know a lot about gadgets, but it is especially with non-electronic things, and he mostly uses this knowledge in repairing, not as much as creating things. He loves doing the latter though.
- Improbable Weapon User: Other than the retractable staff thing, which may not be too useful at times, he has a grappling hook and an umbrella.
- Flying Face: Pretty much what May-bot is.
- Manipulative Bastard: More emphasis on Manipulative than on Bastard.
- Nice Hat: May-bots hat moves around like arms.
- Pink Means Feminine: May has a liking to the color pink, and is feminine. Pink even is her representative color.
- The Trickster
- Expressive Mask: Not as extreme as some examples, but most noticeably, the ears of his mask tend to move to his expressions.
- Healing Factor: Heals wounds faster than a normal human.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: Values a fair fight and will make sure that his opponent is in good condition before battle. If Ruby's opponent is disarmed and they need their weapon to fight well, Ruby will retrieve their weapon and return it to them.
- Simple Staff
- The Voiceless: Obviously he has the best voice actor ever. He can still communicate with Fidele, however.
- The Cracker: He's able to hack the system to a small extent.
- Death Is Cheap: He respawns after a short while if he is killed, thanks to entering the place "illegally".
- Electronic Eyes: They also show how much health he has left.
- Non-Action Guy: Doesn't fight, he's just there to watch over Ruby. Until round 4 onwards, where he uses his hacking abilities to help Ruby in fights.
- Nice Hat
- Badass Cape
- Department of Redundancy Department: His name. It pretty much tells you how serious of a villain he is.
- Evil Gloating
- Harmless Villain: Is more of an annoyance than a threat to society. He's also less of a threat to Sanctum than many of the other villainous contestants.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Not a failure per se, but everybody else never gives him the respect he demands.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Uses this tactic on William. Twice. It works both times.
- Large Ham: A theatrical supervillain who proclaims his thoughts and feelings out loud.
- Mighty Glacier: Has low speed but high offense.
- Poke the Poodle: His crimes include standing on grass, destroying twinkie factories, robbing fast-food restaurants and using lasers to draw genitalia on the moon. His form of torture involves trapping people in pit with a goat. An ordinary goat.
- Rollerblade Good: Has rocket skates inside his boots.
- Shock and Awe: He can shock his opponents by grabbing them.
- You Fool!: Says this very often.
- Unlikely Hero: Just a normal guy who wanted to take a peek at this new virtual reality thing. But of course, it never turns out like that...
- Gratuitous Spanish: Hes quite frequent for this; for example, he calls his parents Mama y Papa and tends to burst into Spanish for exclamations (you would too, if you were in his situation).
- Forgot to Pay the Bill: To his apartment, no less.
- The Archer
- Light 'em Up
- Physical God
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Her sister Laith wields the element of darkness and is a close-range combatant.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot
- Beware the Silly Ones: Manages to defeat Suzaku in round one by crushing him with a rollercoaster ride. In round two, his sobstory allows him to buy time to upload his "brothers", who manage to tear Hijinek up to shreds. In round three, he logs out of Sanctum, murders Vector in real life, and takes over his position as judge.
- Back from the Dead: Wizzle's brothers are destroyed in Sanctum by July, and are short-circuited in real life thanks to Vector's subroutine in the code. However, by usurping Vector of his Admin rights, he manages to revive them all thanks to obtaining their code.
- The Cracker: Hacks Sanctum's security system and transforms part of it into an amusement park.
- Determinator: Will use any means necessary to keep Uncle Chuckle's Funland functional, and never gives up at it.
- Face Palm Of Doom: Will attempt to grab his opponent's face and crush it.
- Grappling Hook Hands
- Improvised Weapon: The remaining clowns of Uncle Chuckle's FunLand have tools and skills that also double as weapons.
- Wizzle's electrified grappling hands were made for rollercoaster maintenance, but they can also be used as a Rocket Punch attack.
- Oscar was made to juggle chainsaws. He also knows what they can do to an opponent.
- Jimmie mans the "Test your strength" hammer game to make it look easy. This also means he's very skilled at wielding it.
- Mr Gump's stretchy arms pick up garbage to put into his shredder mouth. They're perfectly capable of grabbing an enemy too...
- Peanut's left arm has a sawblade that's primarily used for carpenting.
- Buddy's size and strength are used for heavy lifting, and also allows him to smash his opponents.
- Killer Robot
- Killed Off for Real: Wizzle and his bros are permanently put down by Ruby and Fidele.
- Monster Clown: Wizzle and his "brothers" are robotic variants.
- Perpetual Smiler: Wizzle and his brothers. Justified as they're robots and are unable to change their facial expressions.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: "Goodbye, Friend."
- Post-Mortem One-Liner: "Thank you for visiting Uncle Chuckle's Funland."
- Action Girl: Both of them are capable of fighting.
- Combat and Support
- Short-Range Guy, Long-Range Guy: Io attacks with her Prehensile Hair while Key attacks with ranged energy blasts and bombs.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: What she does to her foes with her hair.
- Nanomachines: Her body and hair are made of these. She can also use them to heal herself.
- Power Floats
- Prehensile Hair: Her main method of attacking.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Robot Girl
- Blind Without 'Em: Her eyes are very sensitive to light. Without her glasses, she will succumb to migraines.
- Hand Blast: Her Data Shot attack.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses
- Nice Guy: Will not hesitate to help others in need.
- Mighty Glacier: Very high stamina and strength, but low speed.
- The Voiceless: He's mute.
- G.I.R.L.: Pretends to be a female on the internet.
- Hack Your Enemy: He can use his computer to hack information from his opponent, allowing him to predict their movements and dodge accordingly.
- Playful Hacker
- Magical Computer
- Artificial Limbs
- Morph Weapon: His shotgun can transform into a Deflector Shield.
- Rocket Punch: Via his Mecharm.
- Action Bomb: Is able to summon exploding demon minions to chase down and explode the opponent.
- Anchors Away
- Ax-Crazy: Really loves to blow stuff up.
- Meaningful Name: He's called Boomy and he summons exploding demons.
- Our Demons Are Different
- Stuff Blowing Up: Can create exploding demon minions.
- Art Initiates Life
- Blue and Orange Morality
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Does this very often.
- De-Power: While in his human host, he loses 98% of his power.
- God in Human Form
- Powers via Possession: He's an ordinary man possessed by a Reality Warper godlike being.
- Reality Warper: The god that resides within him is the Apprentice of Reality and Existence.
- Pretty Boy
- Breath Weapon: Has the ability to breathe fire.
- Demon Slaying
- Eyepatch of Power
- Knife Nut: Uses a knife for killing foes resistant to physical damage.
- Lightning Bruiser: Especially in his werewolf forms.
- Nice Guy: Will actively go out of the way to help others in need.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: A fire-breathing exorcist shaman werewolf.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: In his world, werewolves are a curse from the Wolf God. Haratu's also able to control his shapeshifting while in Sanctum.
- Painful Transformation: When shifting into werewolf form.
- Soul Power
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: In Sanctum, he can transform into a white werewolf as long as his prayer bar is filled.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: Outside Sanctum, he can only transform during the full moon. He becomes his berserk form if his health gets too low or if the Wolf God forces him to.
- Intangible Man: Can phase through objects.
- Meaningful Name: He's named after a Thresher Shark.
- Threatening Shark: Subverted, he's rather good-natured.
- Elemental Punch: She can cast a fireball spell... which can't even leave her hands. So she used it with her punches.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-elf
- I Call It "Vera": Her sword and Shield are called "Chelle"
- Artificial Human
- Attack Drone: Uses these in Bloom Mode.
- Mismatched Eyes
- Robot Girl
- Super Mode: Has a Bloom Mode where she deploys Attack Drones to attack from a range.
- Mind over Matter: Has telekinetic powers.
Morton and StormboundMorton
- Fragile Speedster: Has low health and strength but very high speed.
- Multiple-Tailed Beast
- Prehensile Tail
- Scarf Of Asskicking
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-Athenlion (Human Aliens immune to temporal effects)
- Nice Hat
- Simple Staff
- Time Master
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Badass in a Nice Suit And Hat
- Charm Person: His primary ability, activated by eye contact. Perfect for convincing people to buy his goods... or walk off a cliff to their doom.
- Equivalent Exchange: Seems to be his personal motto. He won't go out of his way to do favors if there's nothing in it for him. On the other hand, acts of charity are reciprocated to some degree.
- Evil Albino: He may not be a complete villain outright, but he certainly is morally ambiguous.
- Friend in the Black Market
- Hidden Heart of Gold: It seems that he does have some goodness under his scheming nature.
- Hypnotic Eyes
- Illegal Is Such an Ugly Word...he prefers the term 'Pending Government Approval'.
- I Surrender, Suckers: If he admits defeat, watch out-he's plotting something.
- The Mafia: One from a future filled with aliens and robots, no less.
- Manipulative Bastard: Oh, so very much.
- Nothing Personal: His reasoning behind any less-than-savoury tactics.
- Power Incontinence: The eyes don't turn off. Wearing sunglasses acts as a form of Power Limiter.
- Precious Photo: The person on the photo seems to be a rather sensitive topic...
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Let's see... swirling red eyes with white pupils , that also glow when his powers are used. Looks pretty trustworthy!
- Splash of Color: His entries are colored in grayscale, with red highlighting his eyes and other areas of importance.
- Casting a Shadow: His main ability is throwing shadow fireballs.
- Glass Cannon: His shadow fireballs are very powerful, but he has the durability of a regular human.
- Little Bit Beastly: Thanks to accidentally entering his name as "Shadow Furry", Aurora gave him a fox tail made of shadow flame to go with his powers.
- Never Live It Down: In-universe. He accidentally misspelled his name as "Shadow Furry" when entering Sanctum, and everybody he meets pokes fun of it whenever they can.
- Playing with Fire
- Red Baron: "Shadow Fury". Unfortunately, a typo he made when he entered his name turned it into "Shadow Furry".
- Smug Snake: His ego is way too big for his own good.
- Supervillain: Attempting to be one. Not very successful, however.
- Unskilled, but Strong
- Casting a Shadow: He can remove his own shadow and use it as a Morph Weapon.
- Casts No Shadow: When he uses his own shadow as a weapon.
- Hammerspace: His cape can store multiple items
- Squishy Wizard: High magic attack, low speed, stamina and physical strength.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can turn into an Elemental Embodiment-like form.
- Badass Normal: Has no superhuman powers but can hold her own in a fight.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Fiery Redhead
- Shock and Awe: Her pole-arm produces electricity when it's spun. This is especially convenient given Oharue's habit of showing off
- Named Weapon: Oharue's pole-arm is named 'Ascalon' after the lance used by St.George
- Badass Normal: Aside from her Visivest, Mona has no powers of her own.
- Gamer Chick
- Invisibility Cloak: Her Visivest allows her to turn invisible.
- Bee People: A robotic version
- Blade Below the Shoulder
- Dual Wielding
- Friend to All Living Things: To plants.
- Arm Cannon
- Brain Uploading
- Digitized Hacker: Within Sanctum, her AI can hack the system.
- Electronic Eyes
- Enfant Terrible: Has the appearance of an 8-year old, and is not a nice person.
- Replacement Goldfish
- Robot Girl
- Artificial Limbs: Her left arm is cut off and replaced with a huge cleaver.
- Blade Below the Shoulder
- I'm a Humanitarian: She is a zombie after all...
- Our Zombies Are Different: A viral zombie who still has her consciousness.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Wants to start one within Sanctum.
- Blob Monster: In her solid and liquid forms.
- Bounty Hunter
- Shapeshifting: Has a solid, liquid and gas form.
- Improbable Weapon User: Paper airplanes.
- Mana Burn: His Sanity Meter drains instead of his health if he takes damage when his health is sufficiently low.
- Cursed with Awesome: His right arm is cursed by a demon and is able to morph into a huge demon arm.
- Demonic Possession: His right arm.
- Headphones Equal Isolation
- Digital Avatar
- Fast Tunnelling
- Playing with Fire: His berserk mode gives an Incendiary Exponent to his claws.
- Breath Weapon: Comes in fire, ice and healing varieties
- Combat Medic: Has a healing breath
- Our Dragons Are Different
William True and Lady
- Nice Hat
- Pinball Projectile: His bullets travel in very crooked fashion and often bounce off stuff, but they still find their target.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-dragon.
- Instrument of Murder: His guitar is not only a working musical instrument, but an axe and a shotgun. (Needless to say, he doesn't let children touch it.)
- Rubber Man: She can turn her arms into s stretchy, rubbery gel substance.
- Anti-Gravity Clothing: How DOES that scarf float like that?
- Smart Guy: In being teamed with Nevi? Definitely.
- Playing with Fire: During Ignition Mode.
- Powered Armor
- Super Mode: Ingnition mode
- Teleport Spam: Her Surge Point ability in Ignition Mode.
Lagnia and Cheesecake
- Alien Blood
- Cast from Hit Points: Can use her own life energy to enhance her attacks.
- Dumb Muscle: Very strong, very tough, but not very bright at all.
- Power Fist: Her gauntlets.
- The Corruption: Can corrupt NPCs and slowly turn them into horrifying monstrosities.
- Eldritch Abomination: Is supposedly another one of Nyarlathotep's forms.
- For the Evulz: Its main motivation
Davion and The Ferryman
- Handicapped Badass: Gave up his left hand and forearm to the Ferryman in order to "get back his strength".
- Magic Knight
- Alien Blood: He bleeds liquefied mana.
- Anchors Away: His Weapon of Choice. It weighs more than twice as him.
- Attack Its Weak Point: His main weak spot is the core.
- Elemental Baggage: He can generate water, but this uses up his mana. As such, he would prefer using available water sources.
- Elemental Embodiment: Is the embodiment of water where he's from.
- Elemental RockPaperScissors: Is very weak to the element of Stone, which will damage his body and core, and start to petrify him. Electricity will also damage his core thanks to conduction. Heat and Cold can boil/freeze him from the inside.
- Genius Bruiser: The wisest of his team.
- Gentle Giant: Is a very nice guy, and would prefer to settle disputes peacefully. Don't get him mad, though.
- Humongous Mecha: Well, construct. He's most definitely the largest contestant in the tournament.
- Magitek: A magical construct.
- Making a Splash: Is able to control water.
- Mana Burn: Making him bleed causes him to lose mana.
- Mighty Glacier: Has much strength, stamina and intelligence, but is very slow.
- Multiple Life Bars: Has two life bars, one for his regular body, and another for his core.
- Physical God: Was once a water god, but numerous deaths and rebirths depowered him.
- Psychic Block Defense
- Starfish Language: Downplayed as Sanctum translates most of what he says to english. It apparently sounds similar to dubstep.
- In the Hood: Which is part of him.
- Short-Range Shotgun: He wields a shotgun the wrong way, and uses it primarily as a bludgeon.
- Walking Techbane
- Cats Are Mean: Subverted, he's a very nice guy.
- Guile Hero: Will prefer to talk his way out of a situation instead of fighting.
- Nice Guy
- Elemental Baggage: Can generate a small amount of electricity, but needs a power source in order to attack with it.
- Explosive Leash: Has an explosive tracking device placed on him, thanks to a crime incident he committed.
- Karma Meter: The higher his bad Karma, the more powerful he gets. Likewise, the higher his good Karma, the weaker he gets.
- Shock and Awe