Protagonists (Ichiro Ogami | Flower Division (Original Imperial Combat Revue) | Flower Division (Paris Combat Revue) | Star Division | Flower Division (New Imperial Combat Revue)) | Combat Revues (Original Imperial Combat Revue | Paris Combat Revue | New York Combat Revue | New Imperial Combat Revue | Other Combat Revues) | Civilians | Villains
Spoilers for all works, including Sakura Wars (2019), are unmarked.
In 1930, the Great Demon War led to the annihilation of the original Revue's Flower Division and the world achieved peace. Sumire Kanzaki became the Imperial Theater's general manager in Ichiro Ogami's place, but in 1939, she sensed the demons' return, so she reorganized the Imperial Combat Revue. As with their previous incarnation, the Revue would rely on a new Flower Division to put on stage performances and fight the demons, but on a downsized scale because the Great Demon War significantly damaged their theater operations. In addition, the Revue is also a member of the World Luxuriant Opera Federation (WLOF).
By 1940, naval ensign Seijuro Kamiyama is selected to lead the Flower Division in their efforts to regain their former glory by participating in the third biennial World Combat Revue War tournament just as the demons finally launch an attack on Tokyo after ten years of peace.
- All for Nothing: Ten years of peace fighting the demons went down the drain as by the time Seijuro Kamiyama is appointed the Revue's commander in Sakura Wars (2019), it has become a dysfunctional farce. Claris, in particular, is devastated about how the current division's members aren't motivated enough. What's worse is that the Imperial Japanese Army is threatening to shut down the revue unless it brings in better results.
- Critical Staffing Shortage: While the new Imperial Combat Revue's theater operations brings in a lot of customers, it is short of publicity staffers.
- Glory Days: Before the Great Demon War, they were already famous as a theater/fighting troupe. By the time of Sakura Wars (2019), ten years have passed and the division seeks to regain their glory through recruiting new actresses/fighters as well as participating in the World Combat Revue War competitions.
- Perpetual Poverty: Since the Great Demon War damaged the revue's theater operations, it has a much smaller budget and its theater operations have declined precipitously.
- Still Wearing the Old Colors: They still wear the symbols used by the previous combat revue.
- Won the War, Lost the Peace: Although the original members of the Flower Division eradicated the demons at the cost of their own lives, that threat didn't actually go away. The theater's smaller budget and lack of motivation from the new combat revue members didn't help matters either.
Commander Sumire Kanzaki
- See her entry on the Imperial Combat Revue Flower Division page.
Captain Seijuro Kamiyama
- See his entry on the New Imperial Combat Revue Flower Division page.
- See their separate page.
Sumire's secretary, Kaoru often helps take care of the finances at the Imperial Theater as well as Kanzaki Heavy Industries. She also serves as a member of the new Imperial Combat Revue's Wind Division.
A fast-talking merchant from Osaka, Komachi is a young girl who takes Tsubaki's place as the gift shop vendor.
- Catchphrase: "I'll give you a bargain!"
- Height Complex: According to Tetsu Katano, Komachi designed the wallet she wears around her waist with the last two characters of her given name "machi" because she has a complex regarding her small stature.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Komachi speaks in a heavy Osaka accent, since she was born there. It helps that she's voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi.
- Motor Mouth: Komachi is known for her machine-gun like fast talking.
- Rollerblade Good: She wears rollerbladed geta since it's part of her job as a giftshop vendor.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Komachi often wears mini shorts as part of her usual outfit.
Itsuki is a huge fan of the Imperial Combat Revue who often visits the theater and buys bromides whenever she has the time.
- Ascended Fangirl: At the end of the 2019 game, she fulfills her dream of joining the Imperial Combat Revue, this time as a member of the Moon Division.
- Audience Surrogate: Along with Sakura Amamiya, she is one to the fans who often come back to the Sakura Wars franchise to collect vintage and new merchandise related to the series and the Flower Division.
- The Collector: Her ultimate goal is to collect all of the merchandise from both the old and new Flower Divisions.
- Covert Pervert: In the final chapter, she insists that Kamiyama strip naked so that she can have a bromide of him. Insists as in aggressively tries to strip him, IN PUBLIC.
- Cute Little Fangs: She has a visibly sharp canine to emphasize her cheerful personality.
- Genki Girl: She can get quite hyperactive, boisterous and cheerful, especially when it comes to the Imperial Combat Revue.
- Hero-Worshipper: She sees the Imperial Combat Revue as her heroes and often tries to watch their performances whenever she has free time.
- Idiot Hair: She has a hair strand sticking up from her head, which highlights her cheerful personality.
The daughter of the Mikazuki candy shop's owner, Hiromi is the store's friendly shopkeeper as well as a candy maker. Some of her sweets that she makes, however, can cause others to experience strange phenomena.
A classmate and rival of Seijuro Kamiyama, Reiji serves as the group's mechanic and set designer.