Character sheet for Sakura Trick.
One half of the series' main couple. She was friendless until she met Yuu in middle school, and as a result becomes jealous whenever Yuu gets close with others. Other times, she's a very friendly and cheerful person who likes imagining about other yuri couples and approving of any that she does see.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Oh boy is she. Lampshaded by Yuu, which caused a Harsh Word Impact on Haruka.
- Flower Motifs: Her in-universe motif is a Cherry Blossom.
- Friendless Background: Yuu is Haruka's first friend and the one who taught her to be more outgoing and friendly.
- Genki Girl: Haruka is always going crazy during her fantasies.
- Important Hair Accessory: Has a handkerchief tied in her hair. She gives it to Sumi when she graduates, and Yuu gives her a Sakura hairband to replace it.
- Innocently Insensitive: When with Mitsuki all Haruka feels like talking about is Yuu. Mitsuki feels its "unfair."
- In-Series Nickname: Kotone calls her "Harupoppo".
- Motifs: Initially her hair-kerchief, but latter switched to a Cherry Blossom.
- Ms. Fanservice: The biggest subject of the Male Gaze.
- Nice Girl: Friendly to others and is always thinking about what would make Yuu happy.
- Oblivious to Love: Thinks Mitsuki's attitude toward her is out of jealousy from stealing her sister.
- It also becomes clear that she is not completely aware of what her own feelings toward Yuu are.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair and is extremely cheery and romantic.
- School Girl Lesbians: She's in a relationship with Yuu.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships her friends together. After witnessing Kotone and Shizuka kissing, she begins to imagine Yuzu and Kaede having a similar relationship. After finding out Rina is always staring at Mitsuki she starts shipping them too. Nothing can convince her otherwise.
- In one chapter after finding out that Sumi and Kaede have been hanging out a lot, she worriedly tells Yuzu to be careful of Kaede being stolen from her, much to Yuzu's confusion.
- Terrible Artist: She tries to draw "Harry-chan" in Yuu's notebook to keep her from falling asleep in Chapter 4/ Episode 2b. The results are unanimously declared creepy and awful. Her bad art skills come up again in chapter 43, when everyone tries to design posters for the cultural festival. Haruka's poster is so off-putting, another class wants to use it for their haunted house.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Haruka doesn't really understand the difference in loving someone as a friend and loving someone as a couple. She didn't even realize she and Yuu were considered a couple till Mitsuki told her what couples do.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Well, pink hair, in this case.
- Yuri Fan: Haruka isn't just in a yuri relationship, she also gets excited about others being in one.
The other half of the main couple, and the youngest in the Sonoda family. She acts childish sometimes, but otherwise gets along with the others well. Yuu enjoys physical education a lot —she's not good at any other subject, though.
- Accidental Pervert: Gets to know Haruka a bit better.
- A-Cup Angst: Is a lil envious of Haruka's supposedly C-cup breasts (they're D-cup).
- Asleep in Class: A chronic problem for her.
- Book Dumb: Absolutely has no aptitude in studying whatsoever.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: While not as much as Haruka, she does get jealous whenever the latter also doesn't pay enough attention to her, such as in episode 5. She even goes so far as to headbutt Haruka before the latter can kiss her sister Mitsuki during a rehearsal between Snow White and the Prince.
- The Ditz: While she has some street smarts, generally she is lacking in the the intellectual department. For example, in episode 8A, she didn't have second thoughts on whether same-sex marriage is even allowed in Japan when she heard about going to a wedding. Haruka always meant going to someone else's wedding.
- Girlish Pigtails: Fitting her naivety.
- The Ingenue: Every yonkoma needs one, right?
- Love Epiphany: In the manga she starts to realize she is probably in love with Haru, but since she and Haru are still exploring their relationship she keeps it to herself.
- Motif: Her flower hair decs, sometimes with "little sister" on it.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She's going out with Haruka.
- Shipper on Deck: For Rina and Mitsuki after Rina tells her how she feels and asks for advice.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Yuu usually is more childish and likes sports, compared to Mitsuki.
- Sleepy Head: If it isn't interesting to her, she dozes off quickly.
- Sweet Tooth: Befitting of a childish personality, as Haruka notes.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Anything matcha-flavoured. At one chapter, Haruka kissing her doesn't wake her up from Asleep in Class. A matcha cake does, making Haruka wonder whether she's beneath a food.
- Tsundere: More towards kissing Haruka than toward Haruka herself. This can be counted as foreshadowing that Yuu is more aware of what their relationship is than Haruka is.
One half of the secondary couple, in a relationship with her cousin Kotone. Shizuku is introverted and largely kept to herself until high school, when Kotone inspired her to try new things. She's not very good at expressing herself, as her expressions are either overblown, or send mixed messages.
- Beta Couple: With Kotone.
- Cuteness Proximity: Seems to invoke this in her friends.
- Friendless Background: Due to being too shy to interact with others without help.
- Kissing Cousins: With Kotone.
- Motif: A raindrop; this is what her name means.
- No Social Skills: Was quite the loner in middle school. Kotone has helped her make friends in high school.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She really likes Kotone.
- Shrinking Violet: Admits that she's not very social.
- Stepford Smiler: Smiles when she's angry to cover up her facial expression.
- Sweet Tooth: The way she fantasized over desserts in episode 5A is a giveaway.
- Tsundere: Towards Kotone.
- Unknown Rival: Kotone's little sister considers her a rival for Kotone's affection because whenever Shizuku came over to their house Kotone would stop teasing her and start teasing Shizuku. Shizuku herself feels she should be the one whose upset since she was the one being teased.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is purple, matching her eyes.
The other half of the secondary couple. Kotone comes from a wealthy family, but lives with Shizuku's family for convinence. She is energetic and playful, and enjoys teasing the other girls occasionally. Upon entering high school, she resolved to make the most of her time there.
- Arranged Marriage: The reason she is living with Shizuku is because her parents want her to marry.
- Beta Couple: With Shizuku.
- Cool Big Sis: Her younger sister hates Shizuku because of the attention Kotone gives her. Kotone herself seems to hold her older sister in high regard.
- Face Doodling: Almost does this to Shizuku while she's sleeping.
- The Gadfly: Nearly fools Haruka into asking for Yuu's hand in marriage from her sister.
- She teases Shizuku as a way to help her gain friends and bring her out of her shell.
- Kissing Cousins: Even living in the same house!
- Like You Were Dying: Kotone takes the advice from her older sister to heart and lives everyday without regret.
- Motif: A star.
- The Nicknamer: Likes giving nicknames to her friends.
- The Ojou: Kotone is actually from a rather wealthy family.
- Perpetual Smiler: Whether she's playing a prank on you or not, she's got the same grin on her face.
- The Runaway: She's living with Shizuku's family to try and get out of an Arranged Marriage.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Part of why she left her home since her parents want to marry her off.
- Stepford Smiler: Episode 7A reveals that Kotone is not as happy carefree as she seems.
- The Tease: While she is completely devoted to Shizuku she isn't above flirting with and teasing other's, such as Yuu and Haruka.
One half of the third pair of girls, though not as a romantic relationship. The class representative and childhood friend of Yuzu, she greatly enjoys toying with others, whether it be through teasing or pranks. She's also quite perceptive, and able to pick up hints of romantic feelings from others.
- All Love Is Unrequited: It is highly implied in later chapters of the manga that she's in love with Yuzu but is constantly met with a brick wall that is Yuzu's oblivious nature. However, all hope might not be lost for Kaede as Yuzu seems to be beginning to pick up on this...
- Finally not the case when she confesses to Yuzu and the latter reciprocates her feelings.
- Beta Couple: With Yuzu after Kaede confesses to her.
- Childhood Friends: She's known Yuzu since grade school.
- Childhood Friend Romance: They get together after Kaede's confession.
- Class Representative: Became the rep after seeing Yuzu getting hurt while performing class duties as a Class Rep.
- The Gadfly: Loves playing tricks on people especially Mitsuki and Haruka. She also likes teasing Yuzu.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: Played for Laughs when everyone is having fun playing together in the snow, but Kaede is doing student council stuff.
- Hidden Depths:
- Kaede acts cool and collected and teases everyone a lot, but she gets really attached to the people she's around, and can't handle sad stuff because it affects her too much. This is evident during the third year graduation party, when she hides her face behind Yuzu in order to hide her crying from everyone else.
- She is also the first of their friends to figure out that Yuu and Haruka are dating and that Mitsuki has a crush on Haruka. She also seems a bit upset that they are keeping it a secret though she can understand why.
- In-Series Nickname: Kotone calls her "Kaedekko".
- Motif: A green maple leaf. Many viewers mistook it to be a canibis leaf...
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Yuu and Haruka's relationship and feels Kotone and Shizuku are in a relationship.
- Skinship Grope: Grabs and squeezes Mitsuki's breasts in episode 7A.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Does this a few times to Mitsuki in episode 5.
- Yuri Fan: She later becomes aware of Haruka and Yuu's relationship, and approves of it, though she only lets Mitsuki know as much. She also suspects Kotone and Shizuku may be in a relationship as well.
The other half of the girl pair, Kaede's childhood friend, and the Only Sane Man of the group. She tends to be the recipient of jokes or outbursts from others.
- A-Cup Angst: Ironic, since she is fourth in size and has a least a B.
- Allergic to Love: Becomes super embarrassed when anything about love and relationships is mentioned.
- Beta Couple: With Kaede after she confesses to Yuzu.
- Butt-Monkey: Tends to be the victim of the comedy.
- Childhood Friends: She's known Kaede since grade school.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Kaede later on.
- Expressive Hair: Her Hair Antennae sometimes do this.
- Hair Antennae: Two short ones on top of her head.
- In-Series Nickname: "Mikan", first given by Mitsuki through Accidental Misnaming, and said by others to mess with her.
- Living Emotional Crutch: For Kaede, who isn't very good with sad things.
- Motif: Her namesake fruit with her hair turfs as the stalk.
- Oblivious to Love: Not towards her, fan theories aside, but outright refuses to think any of her friends are in relationships with each other. Even when evidence is right in front of her face.
- Taken to further extremes when in chapter 30 she does figure out that Shizuku is dating someone and even looks like she is going to correctly guess who only to bungle it at the end.
- Though in later parts of the manga, she seems to be noticing how Kaede looks at her so she might be beginning to shed this part of her personality away.
- Only Sane Man:
- In a series with characters who are in romantic relationships or are aware of others' romantic relationships, she's the only one in the main group who fits neither, and even gets embarrassed when the subject of love comes up.
- This is sent up in episode 10's extra segment where she's the only one to point out that all Rina does is smile.
- In chapter 43 when everyone designs posters for the cultural festival, the student council ends up picking Yuzu's because it's the safest bet. Which, as Kaede explains, means that it's normal.
- Tomboy: Looks and acts very masculine.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She and the others mention her like for yakisoba.
- Tsundere: To Kaede after the latter confesses to her. She says that while she reciprocates Kaede's feelings, she doesn't consider them to be dating steadily at the moment. Kaede replies that she'll just have to win Yuzu's affections even more during college.
- Tsurime Eyes: Indicative of her more blunt personality.
Yuu's older sister and the student council president at the start of the series. She's the more studious, serious one of the Sonada sisters, but is also spacey at times. She's suspicious of Haruka and Yuu's closeness, and fantasizes about Haruka a lot.
- Accidental Misnaming: When she first meets Yuzu, she can only remember the name was a citrus fruit, which leads her to try "Mikan" and then "Lemon". Mitsuki continues to call Yuzu "Mikan" despite being told otherwise.
- Blind Without 'Em: Sort of. She has realistically poor vision.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Haruka has this perception of her this way in episode 5, although Mitsuki thought giving Yuu her drink was just her being sisterly since they like the same flavor. Haruka's perception would later prove to be accurate when Mitsuki takes measures so that Haruka and Yuu don't get too intimate.
- Covert Pervert: For all her denials, she sure fantasizes about Haruka a lot.
- Hopeless Suitor: For Haruka, as the latter doesn't even notice it.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: After realizing that Haruka doesn't really understand love and that even as she was confessing all Haruka was thinking about was Yuu, Mitsuki decides to give up and support Haruka and Yuu.
- Love Epiphany: In episode 11b she realizes she is in love with Haruka...and then she screams.
- Meganekko: Even though they get broken the first time we are introduced to her.
- Motif: Her flower decs with the words "older sister" on it.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Tells Haruka this after she catches Yuu and Haruka kissing.
- Reality Ensues: While she has accepted that Haruka will never feel the same way about her and has given Haruka and Yuu her blessing, she still has feelings for Haruka.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She eventually comes to terms with her love for Haruka.
- Shipping Torpedo: At first she refuses to admit Yuu and Haruka are even in a relationship or that she is in love with Haruka, but after catching them making out she out right forbids the two from being with one another. She gets better about it though.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Mitsuki acts more mature and is not good at sports, compared to Yuu.
- Stalker with a Crush: She gets Yuzu and Kaede to report to her what Yuu and Haruka's relationship is. Episode 5 reveals that she often goes to Haruka's class to secretly look at her.
- Student Council President: She sometimes uses this status to spy on the relationship between Yuu and Haruka.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When Kaede tries to talk to Mitsuki about Yuu and Haruka's relationship, Mitsuki says there is no way its true, that Haruka isn't that kind of girl, and the Haruka is just being overly nice. Later Keade becomes suspicious when she realizes that Mitsuki only mentioned Haruka.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Anything with matcha, like Yuu.
The vice president of the student council. She's a friendly, helpful person who has a crush on Mitsuki.
- Cool Big Sis: Acted as this for Sumi and a lot of girls in school.
- Curtains Match the Window: Orange hair and orange eyes.
- Even the Girls Want Her: In-universe. Following the graduation ceremony, several girls tearfully plead for the second button of her uniform, which is a romantic gesture in Japan. They are also much more crushed that she is graduating then they were for Mitsuki.
- Motif: The bow in her hair.
- Nice Girl: She's kind and helpful, and doesn't have any personality quirks.
- Satellite Character: In the anime most of her time on-screen is with Mitsuki, and her role is largely as the vice-president who has a crush on Mitsuki. In the manga, however, her role is expanded as she strikes up a close friendship with Yuu, much to Haruka's jealousy.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: She has a crush on Mitsuki but its not until they have graduated that she even begins to have a chance.
- Slasher Smile: A joke in one episode has her sport one of these.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Garlic. Nothing will get in the way of her and it.
- Unrequited Love: Seems to have a crush on Mitsuki, who has an unrequited love herself for Haruka.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Orange hair, in this case.
A second-year student, she becomes the student council president when Mitsuki graduates.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Does not like being referred to as Sumisumi.
- Funbag Airbag: Collides into Haruka's chest after jumping down the stairs, which then leads to her aggressively feeling them.
- In-Series Nickname: Sumisumi. Given by Kaede.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She really likes boobs.
- Motif: A moustache, which stems from her interest in them, like the decoration on her pen and the gifts she gave Mitsuki and Rina.
- Older Than They Look: Because she is so short and because of the way she talks, the girls, sans Kaede, mistake her for a first year...then a middle schooler. They are quite shocked to find out she is a second year and so a year older than they are.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: She talks in several different ways all of which are done on purpose but occasionally slips back into a normal accent.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: In the manga she develops a bit of this for Haruka. She wants Haruka to act as her Cool Big Sis, despite being a year older than her, so that she has the courage to do her job as Student Council President.
- Skinship Grope: Vigorously massages Haruka's chest after noticing how big and soft they are, later does the same to Mitsuki.
- Student Council President: Becomes this after Rina and Mitsuki graduate.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: She makes Mitsuki realize her feelings for Haruka, who is rather freaked out about it.
A maid for the Noda household. She constantly keeps tabs on Kotone after the latter left the Noda household to live with the Minamis.
- Eyes Always Shut: For the most part although there are moments where she opens them.
- Leave the Two Lovebirds Alone: In Chapter 46, this is part of the reason why she makes Shizuku stay at home while Yamada drags a hapless Nagisa away to go get some groceries.
- Meganekko: Part of her design.
- Meido: She works for Kotone's family as a maid. She was also Kotone's caretaker when the latter was younger.
- Secret Keeper: She knows about Kotone and Shizuku's relationship and supports them.
- Shipper on Deck: For Kotone and Shizuku.
Shizuku's rather childish mother.
- The Alcoholic: Downplayed. She's not shown to be a heavy drinker but she is shown to be drinking beer early in the morning.
- Manchild: Seems like it. Shizuku has to handle the household chores because Nagisa's a bit unreliable, according to Yamada.
- Secret Keeper: It's implied during a conversation between her and Yamada that she's aware of Shizuku and Kotone's relationship with each other.
A member of a wealthy family. She's revealed in Vol. 7 to be Kotone's fiancée.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Sora was, and probably still is, in love with Kotone's older sister, Naruko. Unfortunately, Naruko's parents married her off to a man some time prior to the story's present.
- Arranged Marriage: She's engaged to Kotone. She later calls the engagement off by saying that marrying Kotone off is unneeded because Naruko is already married for the sake of the family and is more than enough without needing to put Kotone through any more unnecessary situations.
- Bifauxnen: She's got a very androgynous appearance. In fact, the reason why Kotone's parents put them in an Arranged Marriage to begin with was because they thought that Sora was a male. She even had to clarify to Yuu that she's a girl as well when she first appears in Vol. 7.
- Boyish Short Hair: Goes along with her androgynous appearance.
- The Ghost: She's only known as Kotone's fiancée for most of the series before she was formally introduced in Vol. 7 of the manga.
- Replacement Goldfish: Sora sees Kotone as this for Naruko since the two looks so much alike. Their similarity in appearance to each other is what made Sora accept the engagement to her. Sora eventually calls off the engagement in order to not put Kotone through the wringer any more.
Another member of the wealthy Noda family as well as Kotone's older sister.
- Arranged Marriage: She was married off to a man by her parents in order to benefit the family. This sets off the chain of events that eventually leads to Kotone being engaged to Sora.
- Mistaken Identity: Shizuku mistakes her for being Kotone in one chapter because of how similar they look to each other.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks very much alike her younger sister. This is the reason why Sora decided to accept the Nodas' marriage proposal to Kotone.