List of the characters appearing in Sakura Discord.
Warning: there are unmarked spoilers.
A slightly disillusioned boy who returns to his old town after four years away. His reunion with the other Sakuras will give him back some taste for life.
- Hot-Blooded: He really hates giving up (as long as Nomiya is around, at least) and always reacts strongly when something irritates him.
- Love Epiphany: The moment he realizes that everything he does is to "not be told that he sucks" by Nomiya, is also the moment he realizes that he loves her.
- Perpetual Frowner: He's pretty much always grumpy, even in a good mood, and always takes things way more seriously than he should, which Mebuki amusingly points out in volume 2.
A (very) energetic girl who used to play with Kousuke back in the days, and never hesitates to shake him up when he's depressed.
- Expy: Between her Genki Girl traits and role as a motivator for the male protagonist, her character is pretty much recycled from Kana in Masuda's first series. She even inherited her Idiot Hair.
- Everyone Knew Already: The death of her parents. Near the end, Sumiyoshi irritatingly clarifies that everyone has already understood what happened and that she's wasting her time trying to hide it.
- Genki Girl: What she doesn't always have in common sense, she definitely compensates in energy.
- Idiot Hair: With her feisty and slightly clueless personnality, she can't not have one.
- In-Universe Nickname: Everyone calls her "Nomiya", even the teacher.
- Invisible Parents: She seems to live alone, and her parents are never mentionned. For a good reason: she's trying to hide that they are both dead.
- The Nicknamer: Kou-chan, Shima-kou, Yosshi, Oka-pyon and Bukki can testify.
- Stepford Smiler: While her smile is genuine most of the time, sometimes she's just trying to remain The Heart of the group.
A kind and studious (and slightly clueless) boy, who might have a more mischievous character than he lets on. Used to play with Kousuke four years ago.
- Bookworm: He's rarely seen without some kind of book in his hand. It's actually this hobby that made him meet with Mebuki.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Downplayed. He's not particularly weird, but his thoughts and words are often strangely out of sync with everyone else's.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: His response to Shin'ya repeating that hiding Mebuki is pointless and that she'll have to return to her broken home eventually (while beating up Oka) is to punch him back and tell him that's not how a big brother is supposed to treat his sister.
Member of the track team, and one of Kousuke's old friends.
- Butt-Monkey: Not the luckiest guy of the troop for sure. Expect him to be a collateral (or not) victim of any fit of rage from Sumiyoshi.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Deep down he resents Kousuke for being the one Nomiya loves and always being by her side. Later on he keeps a jealous side, but in a more comedic way.
- Hopeless Suitor: He knows all too well that his crush on Nomiya is doomed to remain one-sided. Not only does he not expect a positive answer when he confesses to her, he even encourages her to admit her feelings for Kousuke.
A serious and easily irritated girl, she has some family issues and takes care of her little brother alone.
- Character Tic: She's constantly holding her left arm, as if she was always anxious about something.
- Deadpan Snarker: Very much. Snark is literally the first thing that comes out of her mouth when Kousuke tries to talk to her in chapter 3. And also the second, third and fourth thing. After volume 2, though, Shima becomes the main target of her snark.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She starts out incredibly stiff and disagreeable, but mellows out quite a bit after volume 1.
- Full-Name Basis: "Sakura Kousuke" is the only person she calls by his full name, for some reason.
- Just Friends: She clarifies at the end that Sakurajima is just a good friend and that they're not gonna go out any time soon. To the latter's slight disappointment.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: To go with her straight-laced character.
A tall, nonchalant and rather sarcastic girl who accepts to join the "Sakura" group only if Kousuke manages to bring them all together.
- Academic Athlete: She's quite tall and fit, good at studying, and a piano prodigy − before she was disgusted from it by her parents.
- Character Tic: She's always chewing some bubble gum and making bubbles with it (a habit that she keeps in her cameos in Masuda's later series).
- Parental Favoritism: A strange and pretty disturbing example. Being a Child Prodigy for piano, her parents put way too much pressure on her, which resulted in her hating piano and said parents feeling incredibly guitly for it. So they started to unreasonably spoil her and forgive all of her mistakes and whims, but their introduction scene shows that this is not a healthy relationship by any means. She considers herself pretty much dead inside. To make it worse, her big brother Shin'ya tries to isolate her even more so that they will finally give up on her and focus their attention on him.
- Tomboy: Blunt, rather boorish, and not exactly the kind to wear dresses. Though she does wear a dress at some point. Only once.
The captain of the baseball team when Kousuke was in middle-school.
Shuuichi's twin sister, she's quite a mischievous girl and gave Kousuke one of her earrings which got permanently stuck to his ear by accident.