This is a list of characters who appear in the fan-made series SLVR. For any information about characters of the actual canon series, go here.
open/close all folders
The titular heroes of the series. At present, their affiliation is otherwise unknown.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: In true RWBY fashion, each character is associated with a color.
- Simin: Silver
- Lycan: Linen (Bleach Yellow)note
- Vella: Viridian (Blue-Green)
- Ragora: Regalia (Dark shade of Blue-Magenta)
- Experienced Protagonist: If the Regalia Trailer is of any indication, Team SLVR has been active for quite some time and is already a functioning team.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: Lycan, Ragora, and Vella, respectively. Simin falls in-between Fighter and Mage.
- Foil: Zigzagged. Team SLVR differs a few ways from Team RWBY.
- Lycan is one to Blake, as both are Faunus and share a similar Semblance, but while Blake is otherwise collected and calm, Lycan is more like Yang and very eager to tear into any unfortunate enemy in front of him.
- Vella and Ragora's semblance appears similar to Weiss' own, but so far Vella's glyphs haven't been shown to be quite as versatile as the latter's. Ragora's "familiar" is darker in color and rather demonic in form, whereas Weiss' constructs are white and one of her favored summons is the gallant-looking Arma Gigas.
- For Simin and Ruby, there's quite a few to mention. In their respective debuts, Ruby fought against Grimm Beowolves while Simin fought against the White Fang. Ruby uses a scythe and sniper-rifle in combat, while Simin's weapon requires Dust to be used and has made only close-range weaponry such as swords and shields. Ruby also possesses a Semblance, while Simin does not.
- Fun with Acronyms: The first letter of each team member spell out "silver" without the vowels.
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: Comprised of two boys and two girls, not unlike Team JNPR.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Three of the four members are all blue oni, all being level-headed and calm whereas Lycan is the very boisterous red oni.
Voiced by: Callum Janes
"Relax! I had to deal with three patrols of these guys!"
The team leader of SLVR. His weapon of choice is a Synchronized Dust Projection Jacket (SDPJ), "Kore Kosmou," which lets him create different elemental weapons.
- Badass Normal: When he was first introduced in the Silver Trailer, Simin did have a Semblance that made whatever he touched hard to break. As of the Regalia Trailer, however, this was removed and is the only member of his team that does not currently have a semblance.
- Blow You Away: One of the weapons he can make with Kore Kosmou is a lance made of wind. When he uses it in his debut trailer, it creates a giant tornado that sucks up all the nearby White Fang and hurls them around in the air before they all start falling back down to the ground.
- Close-Range Combatant: So far, Simin seems to only use his jacket to create melee weapons.
- Dual Wielding: Occasionally dabbles in this, be it with twin ice swords, a fire sword and an ice sword, or twin ice shields.
- Fire/Ice Duo: In combat, he favors Fire and Ice Dust (the latter somewhat more so) and has occasionally used them in tandems, such as Dual Wielding an ice sword and a flame sword and mixing Fire Dust with an ice sword to create an impromptu smokescreen (steamscreen?).
- Flaming Sword: When using Fire Dust, he creates greatswords that can also explode.
- Grin of Audacity: Flashes on right before he engages the White Fang after he snuck up on one of them and trapped them in a crate.
- An Ice Person: Not to the same extent as Lysette, but with Ice Dust, he can make swords and shields out of ice.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: He seems to favor fabricating swords with whatever Dust he's utilizing. (His Wind Dust weapon is more of a Jousting Lance though.)
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: His weapon is his jacket for Oum's sake!
- The Leader: Of Team SLVR, naturally.
- Leitmotif: "Alchemy."
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Made from Ice Dust.
- Magic Knight: His "weapon" is his jacket with which he can channel Dust through to create various weapons, swords being his apparent preference.
- Meaningful Name:
- Simin is a Persian name that means "silvery, white".
- "Megistus" is in reference to Hermes Trismegistus, the Greek name of the Egyptian god Thoth who was affiliated with many things such as wisdom, mathematics, writing, magic, and the moon, which ties into the SLVR's lunar theme.
- His jacket is named for Kore Kosmou, the earliest writing of Hermes Trismegistus.
- Playing with Fire: Can make a flaming claymore with Fire Dust.
- Smoke Out: Or rather Steam Out, which he does by mixing Fire Dust and Ice Dust.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has raspberry red hair.
Voiced by: Brandon Yates
"I'M GONNA SMASH YOUR STUPID FACES IN!"
A member of Team SLVR and the only Faunus on the team. His weapon of choice is the Wrist Holster Daggered Talons (WHDT) Razorbolt, which lets him fight either by using the knives by themselves or utilize them as claws.
- The Berserker: Easily the most aggressive and headstrong fighter of his team.
- Blood Knight: He's always eager for a fight, jumping headfirst into battle against the Grimm that occupy the city in the Linen Trailer. When he's about to face off against an Elite Mook Beowolf, he just grins and cracks his knuckles. His appearance with all of Team SLVR has him say the above quote while running down the mountainside and just tear apart every Armor he can get his hands on.
- Close-Range Combatant: His knives serve to make him even deadlier in hand-to-hand combat and apart from being used as throwing weapons, they don't have any other long-range functions.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Up until he fought the Armor, he was practically ripping the Grimm to shreds like a wild animal, causing a few Beowolf to just say Screw This, I'm Outta Here!.
- Expy: His semblance is a mix of Sun and Blake's fused together, as he can send them out to fight, though they go down in one hit. He can also infuse them with Dust for the extra advantage. He's also a bit of an expy of Wolverine, what with his wolf-like features, ferocity and Razorbolt's claw function bringing the titular X-Man to mind. His name is even an almost-homophone to Wolverine's civilian name Logan.
- Grin of Audacity: Might as well be stuck to his face with how often he grins. He gives one when it looks like he's about to fight the Omega Beowolf, has another when he uses his semblance against the armor to turn the tide and has another one in the Regalia Trailer when he comes smashing through a wall.
- Knife Nut: When he's not using them as his Wolverine Claws, Lycan uses the knives separately. He also appears to have a large number of them, as he's discarded a few of them after killing some Grimm before switching to the claws.
- Leitmotif: "King of Anything."
- Little Bit Beastly: He's a wolf Faunus. His traits are subtle, but they include sharp fangs and narrow pupils.note
- Meaningful Name: Lycan is double-meaning. In reference to his Faunus heritage, Lycan comes from the term "lycanthrope" — the term used for werewolves. It also refers to Lycaon, a king of the Greek nation Arcadia who, according to myths, killed his son and tried to feed his roasted remains to Zeus, the king of the gods, to test his divinity. As punishment, Zeus turned Lycaon and the rest of his children into wolves, becoming one of the first werewolves in ancient cultures.
- Savage Wolves: A wolf Faunus and downright vicious in combat.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Takes down a Beowolf with a German suplex.
- Wolverine Claws: When he isn't using the knives separately, Lycan has them inserted into his wrist holster and form into four-bladed claws that just rip through everything he can get his hands on. He even rips a Beowolf in half!
- Wolverine Wannabe: A Wolf Man with Wolverine Claws and a Blood Knight attitude. "Lycan" even sounds like "Logan".
Voiced by: Jasmine Moran
"Sorry! I was pretty far away!"
A member of Team SLVR, and the group's resident sharpshooter. Her weapon of choice is a Bladed Compound Sniper Bow (BCSB) called Chatareus.
- Action Girl: Along with Ragora, who are the female members of SLVR.
- Boom, Headshot!: Does this on the Shield Droid at point-blank range in her debut trailer and later in the Regalia Trailer on several Armors from several kilometers away.
- Costume Evolution: Downplayed. The only actual change she has to her wardrobe since her debut in the Viridian Trailer is a new jacket and changing all of her previously purple accents to a more cobalt blue.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Averted. Unlike the rest of Team SLVR's Establishing Character Moment up until their encounters with their respective Big Bad, Vella is on even footing with the Sword-and-Shield androids and has to get a bit creative to defeat them.
- Friendly Sniper: She's a crack shot with her Chatareus, and can snipe Armors from several miles away. She's also rather close to the team, based on her conversations with them.
- Great Bow: Chatareus doubles as both a rifle and a bow, which at full length is nearly as long as she is.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Her aim is sharp enough to snipe ten Armors from at least a few kilometers away.
- Instant Runes: Like Weiss Schnee, Vella's semblance is glyphs, although they (currently) don't appear to be as versatile as the former's.
- Leitmotif: "Many Waters."
- Magnetism Manipulation: Subverted. Vella's "binding glyphs" act similar to magnets but their actual function is to cause rapid acceleration between two summoned glyphs.
- Meaningful Name:
- Vella's name is a reference to Vellamo, the Finnish goddess of the waters and wife of fellow sea god Ahti. She is known mainly for having a tall and beautiful stature, giving blessings to fishermen, wearing a blue dress made of seafoam, and possessing powers over the winds, storms, and waves. Fittingly, the place in which the Viridian Trailer takes place is a seemingly frozen ocean.
- Toxotes chatareus is the taxonomic name of the archerfish, hence her weapon being called Chatareus.
- More Dakka: Vella can rapid-fire her weapon by creating a glyph from her hand and from the stock of her bow.
- She-Fu: Vella is extremely acrobatic, her body coordination and dexterity being such that she can catch and fire her bow with her legs after performing quadruple backflips.
- V-Sign: Flashes one to her team after (finally) catching up with them and taking out several of Pandora's Armors.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has bright aqua-colored hair.
"Hm... I'll consider it if you hand over the Radiant."
The last member of Team SLVR, as well as the first character to have voiced lines in the series. Her weapon of choice is an Arc Fire Shot Glaive (AFSG) called Hexentanz, which switches between a shotgun and glaive form.
A mysterious organization that comes into direct conflict with Team SLVR. They're in possession of an artifact called the Radiant, which SLVR is currently after.
Voiced by: Shane Stovall
"Well then. I hate to rain on your parade, but this is the end of the line for you!"
A member of the mysterious organization Pandora. Her weapon is a sword and shield that has yet to be named.
- Animal Motif: Her hairstyle is reminiscent to a swan, fitting given how her surname references the black swan.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Her main weapon is a long blade that extends from her right bracer (that's somehow at least three times the length of it).
- Dance Battler: Lysette incorporates a few balletic twirls in her swordplay and performs several arabesques in her duel with Ragora.
- Expy: Of Winter Schnee. In terms of physical appearance, Lysette could almost be mistaken for a Schnee herself, and she's dressed in military garb and a competent combatant.
- Grin of Audacity: Lysette has a fleeting one just before she detaches her shield (that Ragora's familiar was biting down on to hold her), allowing her to evade Ragora's attack before countering with a clean strike that completely encases Ragora in ice.
- An Ice Person: Her semblance, in contrast to Brandon's, causes the temperature of anything she touches to drop. When combined with Ice Dust, she can create ice constructs such as a platform that launches her into the air, a shield to defend herself and so on. She even uses it to freeze Ragora solid.
- Light Is Not Good: She has a white color scheme, and she is most definitely not an ally to Team SLVR.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Has a kite shield equipped on her left arm. During the climax in her fight against Ragora, she discards it in order to land a hit that freezes Ragora solid.
- Meaningful Name: Lysette comes from the Danish term Lyset, meaning "The Light", while her surname, Atratus refers to the Cygnus Atratus, the black swan. It's also implied that Lysette may or may not be based on the Denmark fairy tale "The Ugly Duckling," given her swan motif.
Voiced by: Brandon Yates
Autonomous machine knights that serve as the primary force of Pandora. They were first seen at the end of the Charcoal Trailer in a still-shot, and made their official appearance in the Linen and Regalia trailers. They are commonly armed with swords and shields.
- Bait-and-Switch Boss: In the Linen Trailer, Lycan prepares to face off against a souped-up Beowolf, only for a Grimm-controlled Armor to kill it and engage him.
- Cannon Fodder: They have large numbers, sure, but they're all easily taken out by Team SLVR. If anything, they try to employ Zerg Rush tactics or try to wear their opponents down.
- Degraded Boss: Justified. The one seen in the Linen trailer is a pretty hard fight, but that's because its being controlled by a possession Grimm. The ones seen later in the Regalia trailer are killed in droves.
- Dual Wielding: The Armors typically use a sword and shield, but they are known to use two swords at once.
- Elite Mook: The Armor that Lycan fights in the ruined city is noticeably stronger than the ones Team SLVR fight at the fortress Pandora is occupying. This is primarily due to the fact that the Armor has been Hijacked by Ganon, courtesy of a possession-type Grimm.
- Hijacked by Ganon: In the Linen Trailer, an Armor was taken over by a possession-type Grimm, turning it into an Elite Mook that put up one hell of a fight with Lycan.
- Mecha-Mooks: The Armors are all machines, designed to look like knights. Their voices are also synthetic to further drive the point home.
- Shields Are Useless: The shields they have must be made of some shoddy materials or something, because they keep getting sliced through.
Characters who appear in the series, but do not appear to have any affiliation with Team SLVR and other characters.
Voiced by: Mark Zhang
The first character created by Mark Zhang. His weapon of choice is a gun-sword called "Magnum Opus."
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Even without his semblance heating up his sword, the blade of the Magnus Opus is sharp enough to easily slash through the Stone Samurais.
- Ambiguously Evil: It's unknown whether or not he actually is evil (or at the very least an antihero), but he is seen with the Armors - the mooks of Pandora - at the end of the Charcoal Trailer.
- Bayonet Ya: The tip of the blade of the Magnus Opus serves as a bayonet in firearm mode.
- Cool Hat: Has a bowler hat that puts even Roman's to shame.
- Cool Sword: The Magnus Opus's sword mode uses a seldom-featured falx-style blade.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: His introduction was this, full stop. In the whole fight, not a single enemy managed to land a hit on him. The only time Brandon looks serious is when he activates his semblance against the Stone Samurai.
- To Simin. Brandon is immediately shown to be quite experienced in a battle to the point where he effortlessly defeated the Jade Ninjas and Stone Samurai with terrifying ease, while Simin initially struggled to defeat a high-ranking White Fang member. Brandon also has a simple gun-and-sword combo with a hint of Playing with Fire, whereas Simin's weapon is his own jacket infused with Dust and can create weapons made of the stuff, but primarily uses ice weaponry. Additionally, both characters' names reference alchemy — Nicholas Flamel, the creator of the Philosopher's Stone for Brandon and Hermes Trismegistus, the Greek name of Thoth for Simin.
- To Lysette (who may or may not be his associate). Brandon dresses primarily in black whereas Lysette's attire is predominantly white, and Brandon has a heat-based semblance as opposed to Lysette's cold-based one. In their debut trailers, Lysette has dialogue in the Regalia Trailer, while Brandon was completely silent in his Charcoal Trailer.
- Gun Fu: Against the Jade Ninjas, Brandon takes them down with a balanced usage of both shooting and hand-to-hand combat. Also, because his gun has a bayonet, he can simultaneously perform this with Sword and Fist.
- Hot Blade: Not a base function of his weapon, but with his semblance Brandon can heat up his blade to increase its already impressive cutting power.
- Master Swordsman: His utterly effortless dispatching of the Jade Ninjas and Stone Samurais seem to indicate him as one.
- Meaningful Name: His name is in reference to Nicholas Flamel, the creator of the Philosopher's Stone.
- No Body Left Behind: The Stone Samurais that were felled at his hands by his semblance all dissolve into ash and scatter like snow.
- Playing with Fire: His semblances heats up anything he touches. With Magnum Opus, he can heat up the blade to allow him to cut through things more easily (and as a side effect make them break down into ashes after they've been cut) or increase the firepower of its bullets.
- Put on a Bus: Since his introduction in the Charcoal Trailer, Brandon has not reappeared in SLVR, but he was referenced in some manner during the Linen Trailer when Lycan battled a Grimm-possessed Armor, which Brandon was seen with at the end of the trailer.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: He's dressed in black and red clothing, though whether or not he's actually evil is yet to be revealed.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He has orange-red eyes, and he easily trounced all of his opponents. Unlike Team SLVR, who were shown to be struggling with their respective foes, Brandon never so much as allowed the Jade Ninjas or the Stone Samurai to touch him.
- The Stoic: Throughout his trailer, Brandon remained firmly stone-faced.
- Sword and Fist: As previously mentioned, because his blade can still be used in gun mode, Brandon can pull this off regardless of what mode his weapon is in.
- Trick Bullet: Besides turning his sword into a Hot Blade, Brandon can also use his semblance to heat up his bullets so that they easily penetrate through the Stone Samurais and pull off a One-Hit Polykill.
Antagonists that are otherwise unaffiliated with Pandora, with a few even originating from the canon RWBY
One of the two antagonist groups of the Charcoal Trailer. They were in possession of some sort of cargo that Brandon was after, leading to their eventual assault.
A group of stone enemies all wearing gold masks and wielding spears in the Charcoal Trailer, appearing after the Jade Ninjas retreat. They attack Brandon as he's about to secure the cargo.
Sword and Shield Androids
Twin machines, one wielding a sword, and the other a shield
. They appear serving as the Big Bad
(s) of the Viridian Trailer.
- Action Duo: Unlike the other initial enemies the other members of Team SLVR faces before the Big Bad shows up, these guys are considerably powerful and have impressive synergy with each other.
- An Arm and a Leg: When Vella gets the upper hand, she slices an arm off of each droid before proceeding to deliver the final blow.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Averted. They're able to fight with Vella on equal footing, though this does make sense since they're the only antagonists in the Viridian Trailer, whereas the other trailers had Cannon Fodder for each member of SLVR to take on before the Big Bad showed up.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: After the Shield droid gets its head shot off, Vella makes sure it stays down by slicing it down its torso.
- Katanas Are Just Better: The Sword droid uses a katana that's as long as it is.
- Off with His Head!: Well, more look shoot it off. After Vella manages to take out an arm off of the Shield droid, she proceeds to shoot in rapid-fire and force the droid back into a frozen wave, corner it, then shoot at its neck until the head pops off. For added measure, she slices the body down the middle in case it gets up.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: The Shield droid is completely black and has a red visor.
- Robot Soldier: Their appearance kind of gives it away.
- Shields Are Useless: Averted. Unlike the shields used by the Armors, the Shield droid's is rather sturdy, and it doubles as a weapon.
A Creature of Grimm, and one of the most common ones in the early Volumes of RWBY
. They appear in the Linen Trailer, occupying a dilapidated city that Lycan is investigating.
- Bait-and-Switch Boss: After Lycan kills all the Grimm in the area, a larger Beowolf burst through the wall, heavily armored and with giant spikes coming out from its arms and seemingly ready to take him on... and then a sword is run through its head and dies instantly, revealing an Armor.
- Canon Immigrant: Alongside the White Fang, they're the only RWBY elements in SLVR.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Despite having overwhelming numbers, Lycan absolutely wrecks them. Especially when he busts out with the claws. Not often you see a Grimm start to shit themselves.
- Elite Mook:
- An albino Beowolf appears to engage Lycan. It's actually a Canon Foreigner from the early version of RWBY: Grimm Eclipse back when it was still just a fan game, serving as a more powerful version of the typical angry dog.
- A "Omega Beowolf" busts through a wall after Lycan dispatches the last of the Grimm in the area, far bigger than the others and heavily armored. Sadly, it gets killed off rather quick by an Armor, which serves as the Final Boss of the Linen Trailer.
- Hellhound: They're the closest thing you can get to one, anyway.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When Lycan goes apeshit after the albino Beowolf gets a good hit on his face and busts out with the claws, he zeroes in on his target. When we see things from his point of view, some of the Grimm are turning tail and trying to escape.
The White Fang
A former protest group turned terrorist organization, they are comprised entirely of Faunus. They served as early antagonists in RWBY
and for Blake in her character arc of Volumes 4 and 5, and are the antagonists of the Silver Trailer.
- Blow You Away: Simin dispatches them with a lance made from Wind Dust, which essentially slams into the leader of the group and then creates a tornado that sucks them in and hurls them around before they all fall back down on the ground in motionless heaps.
- Canon Immigrant: Alongside the Beowolf Grimm, they are the only RWBY elements to appear in SLVR.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Simin kicks their ass something fierce until the Sergeant comes in.
- Expy: The Sergeant of the Silver Trailer looks quite a bit like the White Fang Lieutenant from Volume 2, only he lacks the tattoos on his arm and wields a giant drill rather than a chainsaw sword.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: They see themselves as the ones who will bring liberty to all Faunus kind. To everyone else, however, they're a bunch of anarchists.