The Guardian / Chronos
Our First Guardian. She has the best hair and is incredibly snarky. And is actually Chronos.
- Big Bad: Revealed to be this at the end of act 2 after exploding the sprites of quite a few players
- Cross Player Cosplay: Chronos was actually doing this.
- Deadpan Snarker: just look at her sass.
- Rapunzel Hair: not really that large but it's played up for laughs.
- Wig, Dress, Accent: Literally incorporates all of these when impersonating the first guardian.
The TRUE First Guardian. He was trapped in a baseball but was rescued after The Reveal that Chronos was a fake.
Samael / flightless Icarus
A mysterious time player who has only been seen in various plot-related puzzles. He is also the only player in the session to be given the denizen of Yaldabaoth. Then revealed to have been among the players all along in the form of a bratty, self-absorbed guy obsessed with confrontation and strife.
- A God Am I: Does not seem to even be interested in seeing the game to its completion anymore, instead focusing on fighting and killing players that he comes across.
- This becomes even more apparent after making his choice with Yaldabaoth. In which he could have sacrificed himself to ensure the session's success, but instead chooses the road of power.
- Blood Knight: Is this in SPADES. No, we are not referring to the quadrant.
- The Dragon: turns out to be this to Chronos
- The Mole: revealed to have been assisting in the sabotage of the session for some time now.
- This includes using the ectobiology lab to create Ornis to be weak.
- Player Killer: has thus far been responsible for the murders of the dreamselfs of fLmun, rambunctiousSkater, melodiousPsyche, fierySwallow, slothfulLunchmeat, and timeTravlur
- Sinister Scythe: his strife specibus has been allocated with 2x Scythekind
- and true to the trope name, he proves to be quite sinister with it indeed
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Uses this to a great and horrifying extent as a time player.
- Walking Spoiler: Have you even SEEN the amount of spoilertext here?!
Team Spectrum:The first well-organized team in SBARGv2. Has solved a large amount of puzzles during act one and for a while was one of the very few active teams. Was named after a song and is sort of a joke relating to the colornameteams of the first SBARG. During most of act 2 has been partially active but not very collected, and during act 3, nearlyNonexistent.
The second-in-command of Team Spectrum. A dorky time player with mild emotional issues and an occasional trolling streak.
- Missing Time: Has stretches of time where she "zones out" and cannot remember what has happened whithin that timeframe.
- Mercy Kill: When meeting her denizen in person, she was confronted with The Choice to either let him be corrupted by glitches, or for her to slay him before it took over. She doesn't like to talk about this.
- Time-Travel Tense Trouble: Invoked early on when she was still studying up on time travel principles before she obtained the leg of time.
- My Future Self and Me: Tends to have a lot of correspondence with different temporal versions of herself, earlier meetings being very trollish.
- Future Badass: Pretends to be this when going backwards just to look cool.
Administrates the Pesterchum memos; memetically considered the token shotaloli and "mom" of the group. Member of Team Spectrum.
Team Exseize:One of the earliest created after Spectrum, Exseize is currently one of the few remaining and active teams left.
Current member of Exseize and returning member of Team Spectrum, the self-appointed mediator of both groups. A quiet time player with a taste for observation, and more than a few secrets. Resides on the Land of Night and Melody.
- Casting a Shadow: After her reappearance, she has the ability to wield dark energy powers, which she uses for her benefit multiple times. Though having to eventually lose her very soul in exchange isn't quite as cool... Eventually averted by endgame, losing the majority of her ability to wield such a power.
- Catchphrase: "Oh my god" and its variations is her typical response to anything ridiculous and/or insane. Which, given the enormous amount that happen on a frequent basis...
- Royal Rapier: Her Weapon of Choice, with Myrtenaster and later, Solanaster as her mains. Used along with guns and gauntlets.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Around select people.
- Dual Wielding: She's done so on occasion, most notably with her combo elemental swords Combustion and Frostbite.
- Face Palm / Stunned Silence: She does this nearly as often as her catchphrase to the amount of shenanigans that happen.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Had these while under the control of Erebus/Darkness, and later, her usage of her shadow powers. Any combination of red pupils + black sclera = yikes.
- Eventually averted when she gained full control.
- ...Then invoked yet again, only this time as a positive indicator for a detection spell. Sheesh, this girl...
- Eventually averted when she gained full control.
- Hermetic Magic: She uses this type in general.
- I Hate Past Me: Her all the time.
- Instant Runes: With Myrtenaster and Solanaster.
- I Work Alone: Invoked early on, up until after being brought back. Subverted when RS points out she'd be better off with a team than on her own. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: After her release and rescue from the depths of a dungeon deep in her land, it turned out she had no memory of anything that happened while she was missing.
- Turns out she went on a Berserker Rage and forced into an oath in her half-lucid state.
- Magic Knight
- Magically Binding Contract: What she did to gain said darkness powers.
- My Future Self and Me: She regularly corresponds with her alternate selves.
- Spell Blade: Her rapiers.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- Summon Magic: An arsenal upgrade she made after learning all that knowledge on LoFaR.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Nearly all of her weapons have more than one use, especially her rapiers.
- The Power of Friendship: What brought her back to normal.
- You Are Not Alone: Was used during her dungeon rescue in an attempt to bring her back to sanity.
The self-proclaimed Cat of Void with a taste for secrets and an even greater one for loot.
- Cards of Power: Her main strife specibus is cardKind.
- Cat Girl / Cat Boy: The Denizen Chaos granted her implied wish to be part Cheshire Cat and gave her an amulet to allow her to keep the form.
- Hover Board: She can nearly always be found on one of these. At least, until she god-tiered and got the ability to fly.
- Invisibility / Intangibility: Tends to abuse her Void abilities to do these.
- Kill It with Fire: What do you mean all of her problems can't be solved this way?
- Kleptomaniac Hero: She's obsessed with "SW33T LOOT"— which she considers to be anything that isn't both bolted down and on fire.
- Magic Mirror: She uses lookingglassKind and has a mirror that lets her show people their secrets in their reflections, but can't see them herself.
- Morality Chain: Both fortuitousSleuth and rambunctiousSkater are this for her, albeit in different ways.
- Sinister Scythe: She allocated scytheKind after stealing flightlessIcarus' weapon and has mentioned the desire to carry on after him using it.
- Sociopathic Hero: She often comes across this way.
- Tele-Frag: She's weaponised her intangibility by shoving intangible objects through monsters and then removing her hand, thus making the objects phase in inside of the monsters.
Self-proclaimed "that does not go in an alchemiter" expert and one of the only Light Players. Also part wolf.
- Art Attacker: Used the brushKind specibus since entry.
- Cut-and-Paste Environments: His land, the Land of Snow and Crystal, is "basically Fahr Outpost on a planetary scale".
- On a meta level, most of his v2journal drawings are manips of Homestuck panels and/or made from other artists' resource sheets.
- Emergency Self-Prototyping: After Chronos attempted to destroy the sprites, Ammysprite made it back to his land with almost no HP left. At the prompting of an Exile Command, he self-prototyped to revive her.
- Face Palm / Stunned Silence: "*facepaw*" is pretty much his Catchphrase, along with "........".
- Instant A.I.: Just Add Water!: Created a holographic "Issun.jar" translation program since Ammysprite couldn't speak English. When he self-prototyped, it somehow became its own independent entity.
- Little Bit Beastly: His dreamself somehow copied his ears and tail after his realself prototyped.
- Never Bareheaded: Always wears a straw hat, even as a dreamself and wolfsprite.
- Playful Hacker: Knows his way around Java, total noob at ~ATH.
- Plot Allergy: Mushroom intolerance. Gets around it by alchemizing "Shroom-Free" Shroom Shakes.
- Stealth Pun: He's a Light Player, prototyped with the Brush God of the Sun, and tends to use Vriska's "repeat a character 8 tiiiiiiiimes" typing quirk.
- The Nicknamer: Calls Chronos "Bakagami" and Ornis "Torigami". Also refers to the many instances of Cut-and-Paste Environments as "the First Guardian basically Jurassic Parked Sbarg".
- Trademark Favorite Food: Bacon-and-Egg Dwelling Spires. Also drinks En-O-Gee sometimes.
- Weapon of Choice: brushKind (the Celestial Brush) and reflectorKind (acts as a subset of discKind, allowing for things like Identity Discs).
fortuitous Sleuth/fiery Swallow
A player synthesized of two distinct personalities over the course of the entire game, and one of the very few people capable of hearing the murmurs of the fourth wall. His title is Thief of Void.
- Angst Coma: Goes into one for two days after Chronos explodes the sprites
- Becoming the Mask: Is forced into this after doing the voidy thing to himself to become fierySwallow for real. This seemed to work at least for the span of two whole months before he eventually god tiered and his two identities began to squish themselves together.
- Casting a Shadow: As fierySwallow, his communion with the horrorterrors enabled him to utilize shadowmagics to a combative effect up until going grimdark
- Cool Sword / Royal Rapier: His Weapon of Choice. Particular weapons of note were the Mystletainn, Missiletainn, Thystleterror, Weiss's Rapier, and most recently A Double-Parenthesis
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Learned to use fistkind from fromAshes.
- Go Through Me: Interferes with the duel between timeTravlur and flightlessIcarus to prevent immenent death at the cost of sustaining a great wound himself, which gets better with potions. This then causes flightlessIcarus to kill his dreamself out of spite a month later.
- Large Ham: fortuitousSleuth is shown to be rather fond of this trope to the point where he integrated it into fierySwallow's personality. After the post-godtier merge this hamminess has been shown to have rubbed off on fortuitousSleuth.
- Memory Gambit: Does this to himself after the battery incident with voidy powers in order to completely become fierySwallow. However, unlike the trope itself he did not implement a failsafe to return back to himself, largely because he didn't want that to happen when he did it. However, this seemed to trigger upon godtiering as the Thief of Void due to the godtier's nature as a hard-reset.
- Mercy Kill: After being mind-controlled by apocalypseGambit into attempting to kill the party in the final battle of Helheim his despair causes him to go grimdark. This leads her to shove a knife down his throat so that he would be able to god tier and purge himself.
- Mind Control: This has happened to him four different times. Possibly to the point of it being a not-so-lighthearted Running Gag
- Morality Chain: This to Gambit, as was demonstrated when his dreamself was killed.
- Murder by Mistake: Accidentally killed a consort within the first week of entering the medium thinking that it was an underling. It gets worse.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Experiences a few of these due to his self-inflicted difficulties in completing his land quest, which leads to him ultimately erasing his own identity for a time to take up an Ideal Hero facade. It doesn't turn out too well for him.
- Power Incontinence: After taking in so much grimdarkness from his experiences with the horrorterrors he eventually becomes unable to control his output of it when in the midst of strifing, or under serious mental duress. It even manifests without the assistance of his horrorterror weapon. He got better after dying and god tiering.
- Properly Paranoid: Anything involving Chaos, as well as the horrorterrors of the furthest ring inspires this in him due to his unique experiences with them.
- Split-Personality Merge: He has currently been undergoing a very gradual process of this since he god tiered as the Thief of Void, as his death ultimately removed his memory-wipe. While everything seemed to be going smoothly and okay at first though being mind-controlled for a fourth time while both personalities were under Berserk Button influence caused a very abrupt and unpleasant glitch in the process.
- Touched by Vorlons: Was able to sling blasts of dark energy with the Unholy Holy Sword he alchemized with the assistance of the horrorterrors of the furthest ring for a time. Then he went grimdark. And then he godtiered.
The highly temperamental part-raven leader of Team Momentum, and Knight of Space.
- Action Girl
- Berserk Button: She HATES being mistaken for a guy.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: She suffers from this after promising her dying father that she would protect everyone in the session. This was shown to be doubly strenuous on her as a knight of space, as on top of that she also is one of the few players actively engaged in frog breeding duties.
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: Before the quest beds were finally fixed she had functioned as this for most of the players
- She also served as a more affectionate variant to fierySwallow during the time that he was memory-wiped due to his self-voidage
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Her Weapon of Choice, except instead of using fistkind she uses gauntletkind.
- Important Haircut: After god tiering she cuts her own hair short with the legendary sword Tyrfing.
- Sinister Scythe: Uses scythekind as a secondary strife specibus.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Her gauntlets are equipped with gun barrels and also sport blade attachments on the sides.
- Winged Humanoid: She sprouts a pair of raven wings from her back after god tiering
Other Players:These players are not in a team, or have had their team destroyed.
Quite possibly the biggest derp of the group.
- Determinator: He once put his Jet Wings into overdrive causing them to burst into flames in the act of attempting to falcon punch Rinzler during a quest involving the Grid. He missed.
- Heroic BSoD: He suffered through this for a period of time after an event involving who may or may not be Echidna on NV's Land.
slothful Lunchmeat and Amy
A sarcastic guy with a video game obsession and an adoptive spider consort daughter named Amy, who is currently deceased.
- Berserk Button - A minor example, but quirks tend to annoy SL. He's been forced to deal with them due to their ubiquitousness, but if he encounters a new one, particularly if it involves changing text colors, he tends to get whiny.
- Bullying the Dragon - SL seems to enjoy mocking flightlessIcarus, calling him things like "poser", "mopey anime nerd", "Vampire: The Masquerade LARPer", and "Sephiroth wannabe". That's probably why FI prioritized his dreamself.
- Sextuple Wielding - Amy is a bipedal arachnid, after all.
- Creepy Child - Amy tends to giggle while brutally massacring enemies.
- Enraged by Idiocy
- Hypercompetent Sidekick - Despite being just a consort, Amy is a monster with her swords.
- I Like Swords - His specibus is bladeKind, and he once admired the artistry of blade forging. However, what with his land, the Land of Swords and Roses, having swords literally sprouting from the ground and nearly every dungeon containing a sword at the end, he's become a little burnt out on them.
- It's Personal - How SL reacted to Amy's disappearance.
- Jerkass - Blatantly and admittedly SL.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - He does care about the other players and particularly Amy, though.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous - Amy has six arms, and uses them like General Grievous.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed - "Celebrity" is a strong term, but SL's handle and parts of his characterization were inspired by Internet personality Slowbeef.
- Papa Wolf - SL is very protective of Amy, even mostly shutting himself off from the other players for a while after she disappeared to investigate.
- The Snark Knight
- Spiders Are Scary - Averted with Amy, who is described as a child-sized jumping spider. Played straight by her combat abilities, however.
- Take a Third Option - Likes doing this, even speculatively, perhaps due to being a Rogue of Life. His third options aren't always ''good', however, as when he suggested creating another Denizen-blessed player killer in hopes that FI's pride would cause them to defeat each other.
- Tempting Fate - He liked mocking flightlessIcarus on the memo before it got his dreamself killed.
- Troll - SL is occassionally, at least going by his actions in the Hotel RP.
A consort who became a player with an obsession for hats and bouts of kleptomania.
- Team Pet - Apparently adopted as one of these soon after making his existence known.
- Intellectual Animal - Being a bipedal red crocodile with human level intelligence qualifies him for this.
- Speech-Impaired Animal - Replaces most sounds that are even remotely like "Nak" with said phrase producing such comedic gold as governak, also fulfills this trope by contributing more than some of the angst-y teens involved in the game that his species revered as gods.
- The Ark - Brought his entire species & a number of player's neglected sprites through the gate in his hat to the new universe and populated the new planet with them becoming a living embodiment of this trope.