open/close all folders
The Fog God
The Fog God (Sarah)In the Ryslig natives' religion, the fog god is essentially the devil, a malicious figure held in check by the day and night gods. In reality, it is the only one of those three who's actually real(?), and worse news than they think. It is responsible for bringing the player characters to Ryslig and "infecting" them with their monstrous transformations, in order to destroy the fourth god.
- Ambiguous Gender: The fog god is usually referred to as male, but the avatar they appear to the player characters as is a woman named Sarah.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Ryslig natives consider cannibalism to align somebody permanently with the fog god, and his/her followers in Dyster practice ritual human sacrifice.
- Spacetime Eater: The fog god's true nature, according to the other god, anyway. If Elias is to be believed, there's nothing beyond the peninsula, because the fog god ate it already.
The Other God
The Fourth God (Elias Liewen)The only slightly less nasty rival to the fog god, he is the result of a still-mysterious occurrence about thirty years before the start of the game that bestowed him with half of the fog god's power. Since this leaves the fog god at half strength, it brought the player characters in to kill him and get that power back.
- Blood Knight: He (probably) isn't out to kill the PCs or destroy Ryslig, but he's definitely bloodthirsty and has no problem at all with people making sacrifices to him.
- Deity of Human Origin: Was once Dr. Liewen's son Elias.
- Living Battery: For the first few months of the game, before the player characters freed him, he was this to the network.
Dr. LiewenThe inventor of the network, Liewen offered science-minded characters lab space in Bavan in exchange for help with the network (and a couple tissue samples.)
TikbalangA half-man, half-horse creature living deep within Lager Woods. He provided the PCs with some useful information early on, but only after trapping them in his woods for a week. Once a month, the characters can trade special coins with him for rewards of their choosing.
Also makes pretty good pancakes.
- Non-Human Head: A man with a horse's head.
Dr. Zaroff Rainsford
Dr. Zaroff RainsfordAntagonist of the "The Most Dangerous Game" plot. A respected (if eccentric even by Bavan's standards) doctor and explorer with a sinister secret: a follower of the Fog God, he had been kidnapping and hunting people for the past decade. Having grown bored of that, he invited the monsters to his island mansion, under the pretext of wanting their help developing a cure.
ManaOne of a group of Night God followers that attempted to cure the monsters, failed, and subsequently were slaughtered; she seems to be the only survivor. More recently, she rescued some monsters from the Bloody Bones. Has an odd tattoo...
The Bloody Bones