The students of the various huntsman academies of Remnant.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Caused by the fact that Weiss dies in this universe.
- Adaptational Sexuality: They are all lesbians in this universe.
- Badass Gay: All the members are attracted to women and are still the same fighters they are in the series.
Appearances: Ruby's Birthday, Pyrrha's Past, Field Trip, Winter Has Come, Vytal Tournament, Beacon's Fall, Recovery, Attacks, Bloodsucker, Crash, The Ring, Haven, The Road to Atlas, Cold
The Leader of Team RWBY.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Since she's dating Penny in this series, her death hits her even harder. Especially since she didn't know it was going to happen. She also lost Weiss and not being fast enough to save her or Pyrrha weighs on her ever since she woke up from her coma.
- Adorkable: Ruby gets this way any time shes around Nora. She also falls for Penny's obvious-distraction gambit.
- Age Lift: Crash reveals that her surviving friends celebrated her eighteenth birthday while she was in her coma, meaning Ruby's Birthday was set during her seventeenth birthday. Two years older than canon Ruby who is 15 pre-Time Skip and 16 post-Time Skip.
- Amazon Chaser: She liked Nora because of how strong she is.
- Battle Couple: With Penny in the climax of Field Trip.
- Beware the Nice Ones: After the Fall of Beacon, she becomes more ruthless as she goes after the people responsible. Little Miss knows this firsthand.
- The Big Damn Kiss: She shares two with Penny.
- Break the Cutie: Watching Penny, Weiss, and Pyrrha die will take a toll on her.
- Broken Bird: For the longest time after the Fall of Beacon, everything starts to weigh down on her. As soon as Nora accidentally bruises her in a fit of rage, she calls her out and airs out her issues. Namely, not being fast enough to save Weiss and Pyrrha.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Despite Yang setting up several chances to do so, Ruby still has trouble confessing to Nora. She eventually moves her feelings to Penny.
- Casual Danger Dialog: Since she knows Pyrrha and Yang will save her from Keter with no problem, she decides to mess with him by letting him know how insignificant he is.
- Character Development: While still a sweet and optimistic girl, Ruby has grown to become incredibly ruthless. She joins Nora on her revenge crusade and makes it absolutely clear theyre going to kill Salem and her accomplices for what they did.
- Combat Pragmatist: When fighting Neo on the airship, she decides to open her umbrella to get her blown off the ship.
- Distracted by the Sexy: She was literally salivating over the sight of Jinn and had to be snapped out of it by Nora.
- Good Is Not Soft: Ruby and Nora decide that they're ready to kill the people who were responsible for the Fall of Beacon. Ruby takes it a step further and says that Miss Malachite doesn't deserve death and they decide to subject her to lobotomization.
- Incompatible Orientation: Ruby has a crush on Nora, but Nora is in love with Ren. She really isnt happy about that. Until Penny shows up and takes her affections instead. Seems to be subverted when it is revealed that Nora is bi, too.
- My Greatest Failure: The fact that she wasn't fast enough to save Pyrrha or Weiss is something that eats at her in the present.
- Nerves of Steel: Shes so confident that Yang will come to save her from Keter that being threatened and held hostage by the serial-killing madman doesnt even faze her.
- Nice Girl: Just like in canon, she is a kind-hearted person. Case in point, even as she cries over Penny's corpse, she doesn't blame Pyrrha for it. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't Beware the Nice Ones.
- Official Couple: Ruby and Nora reveals that she hooked up with Coco at some point during the 10 year Time Skip after Cold, given that Nora is gone.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: After escaping Little Miss, she sees no problem with lobotomizing her after assisting in the Fall of Beacon and assisting Jacques' dictatorship.
- Please Wake Up: She says this to Penny just after she dies.
- Precision F-Strike:
- Yes, Ruby drops a swear word in this series during Field Trip. It's a relatively mild one, but still."Lets save Glynda and Oobleck, then stop those bastards."
- At the height of her anger towards Nora during Attacks, she goes all out."Youre not the one who spent months in a coma only to wake up to find out her fucking partner and best friend had died, because even though you had a speed semblance...you werent fast enough!
- Yes, Ruby drops a swear word in this series during Field Trip. It's a relatively mild one, but still.
- Tragic Keepsake: She kept one of Penny's swords.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: She turned away from the group after seeing Salem decapitate her father.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: She does all but say it when she realizes that after Nora had months to plan their trip, she had no plan for what to do after they got to Mistral.
Appearances: Ruby's Birthday, Weiss and Pyrrha, Pyrrha's Past, Field Trip, Winter Has Come, Vytal Tournament, Beacon's Fall
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Her relationship is strained during the lead-up to the Fall of Beacon, and she ends up getting killed in the end.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: Weiss is noticeably a Nice Girl, despite moments of annoyance and exasperation.
- Battle Couple: With Pyrrha.
- Big Sister Worship: She absolutely adores Winter.
- Deadpan Snarker: Tends to get the snarky lines.
- Death by Adaptation: If it wasn't clear already, I think it's officially safe to say that canon doesn't matter anymore.
- Decoy Protagonist: One of the main characters in the show and appears to be a de facto main character in this series. Killed by the end of Beacon's Fall.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Disintegrates right in Pyrrha's arms.
- Forgot About His Powers: She was panicking so much while trapped in the locker that she forgot that she could use as summon to escape. Although, she was probably better off forgetting.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: She doesn't get her last words out before dying.
- Meaningful Echo: She tells Pyrrha she'd die without her when Pyrrha tries to break it off, hoping that Pyrrha would take her with her wherever she was going. It sadly doesn't work.
- No Body Left Behind: She gets the same treatment as Pyrrha did in canon.
- Not So Above It All: She gets annoyed by Blake and Yang kicking her and Ruby out to spend a night in the dorm room for a night of fun together... just before asking Pyrrha to shower with her after seeing her in a towel.
- Not Worth Killing: Salem claims this about Weiss after gaining the Fall Maiden's powers.
- Official Couple: With Pyrrha. Although, after Vytal Tournament, that might be called into question.
- Senseless Sacrifice: Her attempt to keep Pyrrha from fighting Salem only ended up getting herself killed, and Pyrrha was killed anyway.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: She and Pyrrha can barely keep their attention away from one another when theyre in the same room. Theyll often not be paying attention to things going on around them. Things are strained after Ren's death. Especially so when Pyrrha tries to break up with her to become the Fall Maiden.
- So Happy Together: As the trope above shows, she and Pyrrha were happy. Then Pyrrha needed to become the Fall Maiden, and things went downhill from there ending with both of them dying.
- Together in Death: Dies at the hands of Salem just before Pyrrha does.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Winter implies this is the case.
- Tragic Dream: Weiss planned on giving a promise ring to Pyrrha after they graduate. They end up dead by the end of Beacon's Fall. Even before that, things were endangering their relationship.
- Tragic Keepsake: Myrtenaster becomes this for the surviving members of Team RWBY.
- Undying Loyalty: Not even Pyrrha's attempts to break up with her could keep her away. She ends up getting killed for it.
Appearances: Ruby's Birthday, Pyrrha's Past, Field Trip, Vytal Tournament, Beacon's Fall, Recovery, Attacks, Bloodsucker, STRQ, Haven, The Road to Atlas, Cold
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: In canon, she simply left the White Fang because they (Adam in particular) were becoming too ruthless, but she still left her parents because she thought they were too soft. She was also in an abusive relationship with Adam. In this series, she left because Adam found out she was gay and slaughtered all the remaining peaceful members of the White Fang in front of her. There was no gradual decline; Adam just jumped off the slippery slope and Blake high-tailed it out of there. Watching Ilia die also makes things even worse. And to top it all off, Jacques Schnee annihilating Menagerie emotionally destroys her.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: Blake hasnt shown any signs of aloofness or faults of her canon-counterpart.
- Battle Couple: With Yang.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She had to watch Adam slaughter several sane members of the White Fang after seeing that Blake was gay, and Scorch was "right" about homosexuality.
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself: Downplayed. Her costume is a Catgirl outfit, so she has the freedom to use her actual Faunus ears to complete the look.
- Heroic BSoD: She is in shock for quite some time after seeing Menagerie destroyed. She even pushes away Yang as she tries to comfort her.
- Incompatible Orientation: Adam and Blake weren't dating in this continuity. This trope is the reason why, and he isn't happy about it.
- Parental Abandonment: Both her parents are dead, as revealed in Field Trip.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: She gets the heck out of dodge once the White Fang becomes too radicalized thanks to Scorch.
- Tragic Keepsake: She keeps Ilia's locket, one that was given to Ilia by one of her mothers.
- Undying Loyalty: Even when she wasn't talking to Yang, she's one of the only two people who doesn't want to have sex with Jinn when she offers
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: She gives this treatment to Ilia.
Yang Xiao Long
Appearances: Ruby's Birthday, Pyrrha's Past, Field Trip, Vytal Tournament, Beacon's Fall, Recovery, Attacks, Bloodsucker, STRQ, Haven, The Road to Atlas, Cold
- Abled in the Adaptation: She doesn't lose her arm in the Fall of Beacon.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Inverted. She doesn't get framed for injuring a student in cold-blood. Pyrrha does. Also, she doesn't lose her arm during the Fall of Beacon. However, the example listed for the whole team plays it straight.
- Age Lift: Yang is noted to be a couple of years older than her canon self.
- Battle Couple: With Blake.
- Big Sister Instinct: When Keter takes Ruby hostage and threatens to cut her eyes out, she punches him through a window. Ruby even lampshades how stupid it was of him to attack her. She also threatens to kill Scorch when he decides to let Ruby get killed and taunts her by saying he'll let her identify the body.
- Broken Bird: After the Fall of Beacon, Summer says that she's okay physically
- Broken Pedestal: She starts losing her respect for Qrow when he learns that he's been keeping secrets from everyone about Salem. It becomes almost irreparable when she learns that he lied about how Tai died.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: Not fully, but she starts to gain some respect for Qrow again after he allows Jinn to explain everything. She's still angry with him, a reaction he can fully understand, but she is getting answers. Things may start to get better later on.
- Casual Danger Dialog: She makes jokes when she's frightened.
- Casual Kink: Blake playfully jokes about the fact that Yang has a mommy kink.
- Character Development: Like in canon, she is getting a better grip on her temper. Unlike in canon, Blake is helping her with this, since Taiyang has passed.
- Cool Big Sis: To Ruby.
- Decomposite Character: Pyrrha is the one being framed for attacking a student, not Yang.
- Dumb Blonde: Didn't know what "majestic" meant.
- Five Stages of Grief: After the Fall of Beacon, she starts with anger and denial when she finds out Weiss and Pyrrha are dead. She has been in the depression stage ever since.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: She rips off one of Scorch's wings.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: She and Blake kick Ruby and Weiss out of the team dorm for a night of fun. Judging by the latter twos reaction, this isnt the first time. She also has sex with Blake during Field Trip. Nine times out of ten, Yang is the one who initiates sex.
- Ms. Fanservice: She was already this in canon, but her extremely sexual nature amplifies this aspect about her. Neon especially draws attention to it by excessively and openly Eating the Eye Candy.
- Shipper on Deck: She tries her hardest to help Ruby confess to Nora. She even calls herself Rubys wingman. She later acts as this for her and Penny.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Around the Fall of Beacon, she starts incorporating more colourful language into her vocabulary.
- Undying Loyalty: Although Jinn, a gigantic naked blue woman, propositions her for sex, she declines and says that Blake is the only girl for her. Even when Blake was shrugging her off in her bad mood.
- Was It All a Lie?: She believes this after she finds out how her father really died. She thought he was killed by a Grimm, so she became a huntress to make sure no other children would have to hear the same news she did. Now hearing that he was killed by Tyrian and Qrow lied about it, she feels that her whole career as a huntress is a sham.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: All thanks to Ren's death.
- Adaptational Sexuality: They all show attraction to the same sex. Pyrrha is explicitly a lesbian when she had a crush on Jaune in canon, Jaune ends up having a relationship with Ren when he only showed an attraction to Weiss and Pyrrhanote , and Ren and Nora end up being bisexual.
- Death by Adaptation: Ren is killed in Field Trip, and Jaune is killed in Beacon's Fall.
- Despair Event Horizon: They are an absolute mess after Ren's death. Jaune especially.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: After Ren's death, their defeat against Team CME definitely lifts their spirits.
Appearances: Ruby's Birthday, Pyrrha's Past, Field Trip, Vytal Tournament, Beacon's Fall
The Leader of Team JNPR.
- Adapted Out: He dies before he can discover his Semblance.
- Adorkable: He dressed as Pumpkin Pete for Halloween.
- Ambiguously Gay: Yes, he's attracted to guys as his relationship with Ren shows, but there's still no indication of if he still is attracted to girls in this universe. And it's unlikely that we'll ever get that confirmation.
- Battle Couple: With Ren in the climax of Field Trip.
- Broken Bird: He is really messed up after Ren dies.
- Butt-Monkey: Only got rocks for while trick-or-treating. His hardships stop being funny after losing Ren.
- Closet Key: For Ren.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end of this from Cinder. He would have lost if Pyrrha didn't intervene when she did.
- Demoted to Extra: While he still gets a significant amount of focus, he isn't involved in many of the major plot points like he is in canon. This culminates in him getting killed.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He pushed Ruby out of the way to keep her from getting hit by a Nevermore feather. He takes the feather instead.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: He dies in the very first chapter of Beacon's Fall.
- Taking the Bullet: Or the Nevermore feather.
Appearances: Ruby's Birthday, Pyrrha's Past, Field Trip, Vytal Tournament, Beacon's Fall, Recovery, Attacks, Bloodsucker, Crash, The Ring, Haven, The Road to Atlas, Cold
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: The entire rest of her team was killed in this series. Her mother was also killed by bandits.
- Ambiguously Bi: After Ren does not hesitate to kiss Jaune during a game of spin the bottle, she does the same to Ruby as payback.
- Big Damn Kiss: Gives one to Ruby juet before letting go of her and getting sucked into a black hole created by Void.
- Bi the Way: She loses the ambiguous part in Vytal Tournament when she engages in some flirting with an opponent.
- Blood Knight: After her slump, it turns out that a fight with some Grimm is what she needed to lift her spirits. And she seems to continue enjoying fighting bad guys whenever she can.
- Break the Cutie: She is not the same after the Fall of Beacon. Even after Ren's death, she's sliding slowly downhill.
- Character Development: Probably the most out of anyone in the series. She went from the standard, cheerful, energetic, and fun loving Nora from canon, to a rather comically depressed mess after Ren rejected her for Jaune, to a dramatically depressed mess after her teams deaths. After this, she becomes selfish and rather cynical, but Rubys What the Hell, Hero? call out snapped her out of this. Now, while she seems to be getting better, the fun-loving and energetic Nora is gone in favor of a much more mature, but no less compassionate young woman.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She kicks off her boots and has an imaginary conversation with her toes at the end of Rubys Birthday.
- Color Failure: Surprisingly, a version that's Played for Drama after Ren's death. It mentions that she had a gray tint to herself.
- Death by Adaptation: In order to unlock the power of Ruby's Silver Eyes to defeat Void, Nora sacrifices herself after giving her a kiss.
- Despair Event Horizon: Downplayed and Played for Laughs when she discovers that Ren and Jaune are dating. Played for Drama when Ren gets killed.
- Didn't Think This Through: Her trek to Mistral with Ruby is this on several accounts. When they left, Ruby didn't have much sleep that night and Nora hadn't had sleep in months. Naturally, they are exhausted not long after they start their journey. And when they make it to Mistral, Nora reveals that she hadn't thought further than this.
- Does Not Like Shoes: As the Cloudcuckoolander entry shows.
- The Dog Bites Back: She finally gets to kill Shay for killing her mother.
- Five Stages of Grief: After losing Jaune and Pyrrha, she jumps around stages. She starts with the denial of the idea that Pyrrha could be dead immediately after the event, then spends months in depression, and her bargaining stage seems to be tracking down Salem and getting justice. As she's fighting a Grimm, she shows her anger and ends up bruising Ruby in a blind rage.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the finale of Cold, Nora lets herself get sucked into Void's black hole after telling Ruby she loves her in order to unlock the full power of Ruby's Silver Eyes.
- The Insomniac: While Ruby was in a coma for months, Nora hadn't slept in all that time due to her grief.
- Love Epiphany: Inverted. She realizes that the reason she was jealous of Jaune dating Ren was that she was so close to him after all those years. She misconstrued her affection for him as wanting to be "together-together." She feels even worse because she only realized this just before his death and she never got to reconcile.
- Motor Mouth: She speaks so fast at the planning for trick-or-treating on Rubys birthday that no one other than Ren could keep up.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After bruising Ruby in a fit of rage, she snaps out of it and is horrified by what she did to Ruby. Ruby's What the Hell, Hero? speech really drives the point home.
- Naughty Nurse Outfit: Her Halloween costume. Ruby definitely wasnt complaining.
- Out of Focus: Related to the Artifact Title. She gets progressively less attention in the story as it goes on. This seems to be changing since she is the sole surviving member of JNPR. Completely subverted now, as she has currently had the most Character Development in the entire series.
- Precision F-Strike: The ending of the first chapter of Beacon's Fall before fighting some Grimm.
- Put the "Laughter" in "Slaughter": A heroic example, but she was laughing her ass off while fighting the Grimm.
- Revenge: She's out for blood after the Fall of Beacon. She starts getting it when she lobotomizes Little Miss.
- Revenge Before Reason: She's so blinded by her rage that she keeps punching a Grimm long after it's down. Ruby tries to snap her out of it, but she ends up getting slammed into a wall. In a minor example of this, while she had months to come up with a plan, she had no plan for what to do after getting to Mistral.
- Slasher Smile: A rare heroic example. Whenever anyone unknowingly makes the mistake of charging her up with electricity, she'll always have a huge grin on her face just before beating the tar out of whoever shocked her.
- Sole Survivor: She ends up being the last living member of Team JNPR after Beacon's Fall. She's also the sole survivor of her village.
- Taking the Bullet: As soon as one of Raven's thugs tries to use a stun baton on Ruby, Nora jumps in the way. However, thanks to her Semblance, this was a strategic advantage.
- Title Drop: Near the end of Recovery when she comes to get Ruby, she states that it's now "Ruby and Nora" working together. After several months of the series title becoming an Artifact Title and being discontinued, this brings it back to the forefront.
Appearances: Ruby's Birthday, Weiss and Pyrrha, Pyrrha's Past, Field Trip, Vytal Tournament, Beacon's Fall
- Accidental Murder: Of Penny like in canon, only this time, Penny was human.
- The Ace: Like in canon, but...
- Broken Ace: ...her childhood was just as bad as Weiss. Shes broken to the point that she freely admits she would die without Weiss. It only gets worse after Ren dies and she has to decide if she will be the Fall Maiden and leave Weiss.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Due to several factors.
- Her mother was an abusive sociopath who mistreated her, killed her father, and killed her old team.
- As mentioned above, Ren's death is this for all of Team JNPR.
- In addition to having the weight of a war on her shoulders for accepting to become the Fall Maiden, she also has to worry about losing Weiss.
- Even worse, she's the one who gets framed for attacking an opponent instead of Yang.
- And to top it all off, she has to watch Weiss die in front of her.
- Awesome by Analysis: She figures out that Mercury's legs are prosthetics all on her own.
- All for Nothing: All her sacrifices to keep Weiss out of harm's way only ended with her dying in her arms.
- Badass Boast: Pyrrha gives one as she starts deflecting Abby's bullets.
- Badass Gay: Shes still one of the best fighters at Beacon.
- Battle Couple: With Weiss.
- Beware the Nice Ones: If youre deplorable enough, Pyrrha will have no problem going after you with all shes got. She was ready to kill Keter had Ozpin not stopped her. And Abigail really should not have been taunting her about trying to kill Weiss.
- Composite Character: She takes Yang's role as the one who is tricked into attacking a student.
- Cosmic Plaything: She has been through the most suffering of any named character. It almost seems like the writer just wants to put her through all nine circles of Hell. This culminates in Weiss getting killed in front of her just before dying herself.
- Decoy Protagonist: She seems to have the most focus in the series, but she was not Spared by the Adaptation.
- The Dog Bites Back: She brutally murders her abusive mother, Lyra.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: After the incident with Lily, people have turned against her. It likely won't be helped after killing Penny.
- Never Speak Ill of the Dead: Even though she hated Lyra and was the one who murdered her, she still doesn't try to correct Winter when she mentions everything Lyra did for Atlas.
- Not Afraid to Die: Her words to Weiss in the hospital were not empty words. Once Weiss is killed in front of her, whatever fucks she had left to give are gone.
- Official Couple: With Weiss. Although, after Vytal Tournament, that might be called into question.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Pyrrha coldly dismissing her friends to be alone with Weiss is the first sign that the prospect of becoming the Fall Maiden is taking a toll on her. Before that, she wasn't watching Weiss' battle in the tournament.
- Senseless Sacrifice: Not only did she get herself killed trying to fight Salem, but Weiss was killed trying to save her in turn.
- Sex for Solace: After receiving the news that she'd have to be separated from Weiss to be the Fall Maiden, Pyrrha goes to Weiss to make love to her to keep herself relatively grounded.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: She and Weiss can barely keep their attention away from one another when theyre in the same room. Theyll often not be paying attention to things going on around them. Things are strained after Ren's death. Especially so when she tries to break up with Weiss to become the Fall Maiden.
- Shoo the Dog: She tries to do this with Weiss so that she doesn't have to feel bad about leaving her behind.
- So Happy Together: They were in a loving relationship at the beginning of the series. They both get killed in Beacon's Fall.
- Tragic Keepsake: Her tiara becomes this for the surviving protagonists.
- Together in Death: The only solace she can take is that she died with Weiss.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: Her Semblance was unlocked when Lyra killed the rest of her old team and then threatened to kill her.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Messing with Weiss is a good way to put a massive target on your back. Keter and Abigail learn this the hard way.
Appearances: Ruby's Birthday, Pyrrha's Past, Field Trip, Crash
- Ambiguously Bi: Even though he has a crush Nora, he doesnt hesitate to passionately kiss Jaune during a game of Spin the Bottle."I kind of wanted to try that," Ren admitted as he pulled away.
- Bi the Way: He has officially lost the Ambiguous part after starting a relationship with Jaune.
- Closet Key: He discovers his attraction to men after kissing Jaune in a game of Spin the Bottle.
- Deadpan Snarker: He tends to have a few moments of dry wit.
- Due to the Dead: The reason the Vytal Festival Tournament has three-person teams to start is for JNPR's loss of Ren.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents were killed by Raven and her bandits.
- Posthumous Character: In Crash since he appears in Nora's flashback.
- Sacrificial Lion: His death more than anyone else's truly cinched the fact that Anyone Can Die.
- Walking Spoiler: As you can probably see from some of the trope names, his most notable plot point is him dying and the effect it has on the team.
Appearances: Pyrrha's Past (cameo), Field Trip, Vytal Tournament, Beacon's Fallspoiler
A girl from Atlas who has a crush on Ruby.
- Adaptational Species Change: Her death in Chapter 5 of Vytal Tournament shows that this version of Penny was human.
- Adorkable: Her crush on Ruby looks like the one Ruby had on Nora.
- Badass Gay: She infatuated with Ruby. They even share a kiss together.
- Bloodless Carnage: Averted since Penny is human.
- Covert Pervert: Well, she tries to be covert about it, but she can't keep her private thoughts about Ruby private. She always blurts them out. However, considering the extreme contrast between these moments and her usual demeanor, we wouldn't know if she could just stop Thinking Out Loud.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: She tends to speak her thoughts about it without thinking. She had this reaction twice when thinking about how much she likes Ruby.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: She dies in Ruby's arms as she cries over her body.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She is introduced in Pyrrha's Past as a cameo before being featured in Field Trip where she is more important.
- The Glomp: She tackles Ruby when she meets her in Field Trip.
- The Lost Lenore: She was killed and Ruby still thinks about her to this day.
- Nice Girl: Case in point, when all of Remnant thinks Pyrrha is a psychotic maniac, Penny holds no ill will. Even before their battle.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: To drive the point home, just before her battle with Pyrrha, she believed Pyrrha was innocent. Making it all the more heartbreaking when Pyrrha kills her not long after.
Coco Adel, Fox Alistair, Velvet Scarlatina, and Yatsuhashi Daichi
Appearances: Field Trip, Beacon's Fall, Cold
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: The loss of Velvet causes this for the surviving members of Team CFVY.
- And This Is for...: Coco destroys the Nevermore for killing Jaune. She also kills Jacques for what he had done to Velvet.
- Badass Gay: Coco and Velvet.
- Battle Couple: Again, Coco and Velvet.
- Big Damn Heroes: They come in with Port.
- The Bus Came Back: They finally return in Cold As members of the resistance against Jacques' regime. Well, everyone except Velvet.
- Deadpan Snarker: Fox jokes about him and Yatsu being ignored when they finally return.
- Death by Adaptation: For all intents and purposes, the girl they knew as Velvet is dead. Becomes a literal case after Velvet is sucked into the black hole created by Void.
- Death of Personality: Unfortunately, Velvet was one of the lobotomized Faunus. As hard as Coco tried, there was no getting her back.
- Despair Event Horizon: Coco is devastated when she learns that there's no way to get Velvet back.
- Due to the Dead: Coco tells Fox and Yatsu to ensure that Penny and Jaune have a proper burial.
- Early-Bird Cameo: They appear first in the final chapter of Field Trip, and they already start becoming more important during Beacon's Fall.
- Last Episode, New Character: They show up in the last chapter of Field Trip.
- Please Wake Up: Coco spent hours desperately tries to get Velvet to respond to her when they find out she was lobotomized. Unfortunately, Velvet is truly gone. Fox and Yatsu didn't have the heart to try stop her.
- Prepare to Die: Coco, just like in canon.
- La Résistance: Very important members of the fight against Jacques' dictatorship.
- Serious Business: Coco blows a bunch of Grimm away when they destroy her favorite place to shop.
- Uncertain Doom: They fear that Velvet may have been enslaved in Cold. Unfortunately subverted in the next chapter.
Arslan Altan, Bolin Hori, Resse Chloris, and Nadir Shiko
Appearances: Vytal Tournament
The team going against Team RWBY in the Vytal Tournament. (Officially referred to as Team ARN for the tournament.)
- Adaptational Jerkass: Even though they didn't get a lot of time to establish their character, their body-language said a lot about them. But nothing about Reese suggested that she was a shameless flirt.
- Adapted Out: Well, it's implied that Bolin still exists, but he didn't appear since it changed to three-member teams in honor of Ren.
- Bullying a Dragon: Arslan basically signed her own death warrant when she pulled out a lock of Yang's hair.
- Butt-Monkey: Their loss was hilariously bad.Port: And that is it ladies and gentlemen! Looks like it just wasn't ARN's day!
Oobleck: Wasn't their day?! [laughs] This was broadcasted all over Remnant, they won't be having anything resembling a good time in the next five years!
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end by Team RWY.
- The Ghost: Bolin isn't seen, but it's not like he doesn't exist in this universe.
- Jerkass: Reese is a shameless flirt who doesnt care when the girls hitting on reveals she has a girlfriend.
- O.C. Stand-in: They weren't given that much characterization, so they were fleshed out here. Most notably with Reese.
- Shout-Out: Nadir's hair isn't pink. It's lightish-red.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Arslan hates the fact that Reese continually flirts with Weiss during the tournament. When she gets knocked out of the battle in ten seconds, Arslan only thinks "Gods damn it" as she fights with Yang.
Flynt Coal and Neon Katt
Appearances: Vytal Tournament, Cold
The members of Team FNKI going against Weiss and Yang in the Vytal Tournament.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Jacques had Flynt's father arrested for selling stolen Dust (Dust he had to steal because Jacques ran him out of business), leaving him and his mother on the streets. In turn, he seems like an Adaptational Jerkass when talking with Weiss, but you see where he's coming from. It's even worse knowing that Cyrus didnt even actually do that, and Jacques Just framed him. And to top it all off, Neon died in front of him.
- And This Is for...: When Ruby leaves Cardin for Flynt, he says he's killing him for Neon.
- Badass Gay: Neon continually flirts with Yang while actually beating her in the fight.
- Beyond the Impossible: Neon manages to out-perv Yang!
- The Bus Came Back: They return in Cold as members of the resistance.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Neon delivered that to Yang of all people.
- Death by Adaptation: Neon is killed by Cardin while Flynt later gets sucked into Void's black hole.
- Eating the Eye Candy: Neon will shamelessly tell Yang how much she likes her boobs and butt.
- Fire-Forged Friends: It appears that Flynts animosity towards the Schnees (sans Jacques obviously) has all but disappeared when Willow joined the resistance.
- Flirtatious Smack on the Ass: Neon does this to Yang while she has her frozen in a block of ice.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Neon jumps in front of Flynt when Cardin shoots a large beam at him. She tragically dies of her injuries a few seconds afterwards.
- Jerkass Has a Point: While he comes off as more of a dick in this series, he's right that Jacques was the reason Cyrus had to resort to stealing Dust from them to sell in the first place. He's not entirely unjustified in thinking that the Schnees ruined his family's life. Even more when it's revealed that Cyrus was framed for selling dust.
- Refuge in Audacity: Pretty much every line out of Neon's mouth. Even Yang is flustered by Neon's shameless flirting.
- La Résistance: They are up against Jacques' dictatorship.
- Revenge by Proxy: Flynt was planning on beating Weiss for her father to see.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Flynt has this type of reaction to realizing he's about to get blasted by a geyser.
- The Worf Effect:
- Flynt almost dishes this out on Weiss as Oobleck notes. However, she subverts it by taking out her summons and pushing him into a geyser.
- Unfortunately for Yang, she can't say the same. Neon was in the middle of handing Yang's butt to her as Yang admitted before Weiss came in.
Lily Herz and Danielle Leo
Appearances: Vytal Tournament
Two Haven students fighting against Nora and Pyrrha. (Original Characters created by one of the author's friends.)
- Armed Legs: Lily has a gun on her prosthetic leg.Oobleck: That is actually pretty kickass!
- Artificial Limbs: Lily has a prosthetic limb.
- Badass Gay: They're both lesbians.
- Decomposite Character: Lily is the one who gets injured by someone being manipulated by Emerald rather than Mercury. Unfortunately for her, she actually broke her arm.
- Friendly Enemy: Nora and Lily spend time before the match flirting and agreeing to go on a date after the fight.
- Handicapped Badass: Lily has a prosthetic leg and an eyepatch, but she can still put up a fight against Pyrrha.
- Hard Light: Danielle's Semblance is light manipulation. She makes a shield out of light to block Nora.
- Has a Type: Lily likes redheads and can't help but think Nora and Pyrrha are attractive. She was also planning on asking Penny out before Nora notes that she's already taken. This is when she decides to get Nora's number instead.
- Little Bit Beastly: Danielle is a lion-Faunus and has a mane.
- Meaningful Name: Danielle Leo is a lion-Faunus.
- One Steve Limit: There was another character in Field Trip named Lily.
- Truth in Television: While it seems odd that a female lion-Faunus has a full mane, it is actually possible for lionesses to have manes similar to males. It's rare, but it's possible.
- The Worf Effect: Oobleck lampshades this when Danielle manages to take Nora out of the match.
Pyrrha Nikos, Erin Lock, Ashley Wood, and Rachel Westin
Appearances: Pyrrha's Past
Pyrrhas old team in Atlas. (See Pyrrha's specific tropes above.)
- Boom, Headshot!: How Rachel and Ashley finally meet their ends.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Rachel is subjected to this at the hands of Lyra before being shot in the head.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Erin calls Lyra a coward when she kills Ashley for knowing about her crimes.
- He Knows Too Much: All except for Pyrrha were killed because she told them what Lyra did to her and Orion.
- Little Bit Beastly: Rachel was a cat Faunus.
- The Lost Lenore: Rachel for Pyrrha.
- Neck Snap: How Lyra kills Erin.
- Oh, Crap!: Ashley when she realizes that Lyra is going to kill her.
- Posthumous Characters: All of them except for Pyrrha were killed before the series began.
- Satellite Characters: They mostly exist as Pyrrhas old team.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Not as bad as Orion. They are introduced in the third chapter and abruptly killed two chapters later.
- You're Insane!: Erin calls out Lyra for being an abusive psychopath.