Characters of Rocket HQ.
- Extreme Doormat: Mostly towards the Boss.
- Improbable Weapon User: He is deadly with a spork.
- Married to the Job: Too much paperwork.
- Mind Rape: Archer was subject to reeducation, at one point in time, which resulted in the paperwork-loving fool everyone knows and is exasperated by.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: So long as you're willing to fill out the proper paperwork.
- Rebellious Spirit: Almost entirely subdued from his reeducation, but with the right push....
- Skewed Priorities: There's just no room for sprinklers in the goddamn budget.
- Bad Boss: Has been known to slaughter the canon fodder when in a particularly bad mood.
- Berserk Button:
- Calling him by his real name Lance Mertens is a big one.
- Talking about families and prying into his past.
- Goldenrod City and Slowpoke Well.
- Bishōnen: Proton is attractive. Proton is aware of this.
- Determinator: His stubbornness has always been a part of his personality, though his determinator qualities really made themselves obvious during the zombie event.
- Freudian Excuse: He's rude, violent and gets his kicks out of torturing people but he also was born the illegitimate child of a spoiled sweet rich girl with absolutely no real world experience and not a Father in sight. Growing up, he had to deal with verbal and physical abuse from a Stepfather his Mother only married because he promised to put a roof over their heads, eventually culminating in parental abandonment when said Stepfather accidentally murdered his Mom during an argument and left the body where Proton could find it. He spent the next few years living on the streets and nearly starved to death several times, only to be unofficially adopted by a small name criminal. Who then later proceed to die, sending him right back to square one. And that was before he even joined Team Rocket.
- Happily Married: With Blaise.
- Madness Mantra: "There is nothing wrong with me, there is nothing wrong with me, there is nothing wrong with me, there is nothing wrong with me..."
- Narcissist: The one thing Proton loves more than bloodshed, food and explosions is himself. Just don't touch his face.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: A lot of his more quirky qualities are actually this. He sees no sense in remaining completely serious all the time, and actually finds it boring.
- Really Gets Around: He did, prior to meeting Blaise.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He'll eat just about everything except brownies but breadsticks from Olive Garden deserve a special mention.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Mostly to Archer and grunts he's sure he'll never have to deal with, again. Friends can be fair game.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Blaise got to Proton first.
- Doctor's Orders: Petrel defaults to this whenever Proton ends up in the infirmary.
- Entitled to Have You: More-or-less everyone he dates but especially Proton.
- False Friend: Likely the reason why he doesn't actually have any.
- The Grinch: Christmas is for losers and capitalists.
- Hopeless Suitor: Even though Blaise won, sometimes Petrel still tries.
- Innocently Insensitive: He has a penchant for saying stupid shit and losing all of his friends.
- Mad Doctor: He performs vivisection for shits and giggles.
- Manipulative Bastard: Mostly to his family, but people who tolerate him more than a few days are fair game, too.
- No Sense of Personal Space: He will touch your face. Deal with it.
- Trust Me, I'm an X: He's brought this up several times. People still don't believe he's a doctor.
Admins and Grunts
- Adorably Precocious Child: The result of becoming a gym leader at age eleven.
- Badass Adorable: He may be young but he managed to hold his role up as second gym leader rather well.
- Cheerful Child: Despite all that's happened to him he still acts cheerful and happy.
- Child Prodigy: Started showing his skill with bug types at a young age.
- Disappeared Dad: His father, Allen, died when Bugsy was just a toddler. His death was at the hands of poachers working for Team Rocket. Something Bugsy is now aware of.
- Heir to the Dojo: Was appointed the gym leader of the Azelea Gym after his grandfather, the former gym leader, fell ill and was no longer able to keep up his duties. After Bugsy joined Team Rocket his grandfather has since returned to that role.
- Innocence Lost: The story of how he ended up in Team Rocket: He was attacked in his gym by a trainer seeking to steal a gym badge from him. The end result was his Scyther killed the trainer to defend Bugsy. Bugsy ended up fleeing in fear of repercussions even though the incident wasn't his fault. He joined Team Rocket because he felt like he didn't belong anywhere else now.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: His real name is Wesley
- Missing Mom: Bugsy's mom left him in the hands of his grandparents after the death of his father left her horribly depressed. She didn't return until Bugsy was seven.
- Token Mini-Moe: The youngest member of Team Rocket at age fourteen. Also one of the smallest member.
- Transgender: Like Blaise he is also genderfluid and is more aware of his identity thanks to Blaise.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Is terribly afraid of fire as a result of being caught in a forest fire when he was five.
- Does Not Like Men: Especially if said man is her cousin Lance.
- Mama Bear: To anyone in the Johto league. Even if they are older than her.
- Stronger Than They Look: Is fully capable of picking up a grown man like it's nothing.
A talented young woman who was involved in the second disbanding of Team Rocket several years prior. She went on to become the Champion for a time, then Professor Elm's research assistant, before her growing feelings of apathy somehow landed her in the midst of the organization she had once fought so valiantly against.
- Genki Girl: She was one.
- Kill the God: She wants to kill Ho-Oh, and blames it for her suffering. When using her Pokemon didn't work, she turned to science to get the job done instead.
- Lack of Empathy: She cared so much when she was younger, that she can't bring herself to give a damn anymore.
- Mad Scientist: She works as a researcher for Team Rocket now, using their equipment to run tests on the Rainbow Wing and toying with Pokemon genetics on the side.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: More ice than sugar, but shades of her kinder, younger self still exist.
- Happily Married: Was this to Archie before his accident.
- Gayngst: During his Magma days.
- Happily Married: To Proton.
- Hemo Erotic: He and Proton have, ahem, named their activities "romantic stabbing."
- Love Hurts: Had a past relationship with Brodie. It ended up breaking his heart. Thankfully, he got better.
- Patricide: He and his Father never got along. It didn't end well.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Experienced this a lot, prior to entering a relationship with Brodie.
- Transgender: He's genderfluid.
- A-Cup Angst: Has been described as being flat enough to land a plane on. Courtney is not pleased to hear this.
- Cool Big Sis: Aspires to be this to Aphrodi.
- Cuteness Proximity: Apparently Aphrodi has this effect on her.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It doesn't take much to set her off if you know how to rub her the wrong way.
- The Matchmaker: And boy, does she love shipping. She even writes fanfiction about her coworkers under a secret pen name!
- One Steve Limit: Subverted; there's two Courtneys in HQ. Courtney Draper is the Admin from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, while Courtney Blake is the Admin from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Because Rocket HQ combines the canons of both the original games and the remakes, both can exist at the same time.
- Shipper on Deck: For Kiko and Maxie, though if she sees any signs of "shipping potential" she's liable to go on and on about it.
- True Companions: Views her friends from Team Magma as this. Not that she would ever admit it.
- Acrofatic: Is pretty limber despite being fat.
- Disappeared Dad: His father left him and his mother when Tabitha was a baby to be with a mistress and took everything with him, leaving Tabitha's mother to raise him by herself in poverty.
- Fat and Proud: This is mostly due to the fact that when Tabitha was a child he was so poor that he was malnourished and underweight. He considers him being larger now a blessing.
- Freudian Excuse: Tabitha is an asshole and does horrible things with no regrets but he came from a poverty stricken home in the slums of Hoenn and suffered racism at the hands of others for being a native Hoennese. His anger is the result of everything he went through.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Went from being a poor child from the slums, to being the Cheif Admin of Team Magma.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The huge guy to Courtney Blakes's tiny girl.
- Morality Pet: Courtney Blake is this to him as are his pokemon.
- Secret Relationship: With Courtney Blake.
- Would Hit a Girl: Has no qualms with getting into physical fights with Shelly Delmar.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: A non-romantic example towards her uncle Maxie.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The tiny girl to Tabitha Akemi's huge guy.
- One Steve Limit: Subverted; there's two Courtneys in HQ.
- Secret Relationship: With Tabitha Akemi.
- Archnemesis Dad: Her other dad, Maxie.
- Daddy's Girl: To her dad Archie.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Especially around Team Magma
- Aggressive Drug Dealer: Okay, more like Pokeblocks, but still.
- Boomerang Bigot: He hates religious people who hardcore judge other people. He is, in fact, religious, and guess what he does.
- Drowning My Sorrows: More often than not. Sometimes literally, when he attempts to fill his tub with beer.
- Going Cold Turkey: Several times, with varying degrees of terrible withdrawals and mild success.
- The Grovel: AKA how he got back into Team Magma.
- Hyper-Awareness: Zigzagged, as he is only hyper aware of things being out of their places, but usually nothing else.
- I'm a Humanitarian: It turned out he actually really enjoyed the taste. Actual cannibal Tabitha Shrier from Hoenn.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Basically his catchphrase.
- No Party Like a Donner Party: once during his younger, earlier days in Team Magma, Tabitha was sent out on a scouting mission with a battle buddy, and after being trapped in their Secret Base by a mudslide and running out of food, he subsequently murdered and devoured his battle buddy to survive.
- Obliviously Evil: He's actually really convinced everything he helps Damian with is the work of Groudon.
- Off the Wagon: He celebrates "getting over" his addiction with a night of binge-drinking.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Tabitha is a janitor for HQ. He has not actually cleaned or fixed anything in going on a little over a year.
- Stalker with a Crush: Sleep with both eyes open, Brodie.
- Abusive Parents: His parents were downright evil people who beat him and his brother and forced them to perform in sideshows and circuses for cash.
- Blind Without 'Em: Has horrible eyesight and requires strong glasses to simply get around. His eyes are also incredibly sensitive to light, hence why his glasses are also tinted.
- Covered with Scars Is covered in scars as a result of his abuse, accidents, and self-harm
- Dark and Troubled Past: So much so that he hardly ever talks about it and only share details with people he is extremely close to.
- Despair Event Horizon: At one point reached this. Things got better for him after Aaron showed up.
- Driven to Suicide: Attempted suicide when he was a teenager, his surviving is what led him to leave the Johto region and return to his birth region: Sinnoh.
- Hates Being Alone: One of his worst fears.
- I Owe You My Life: Whole reason for even joining Team Rocket. A couple of Grunts who had robbed his house killed his father and left his mother injured enough for Lucian to finish the job.
- Meaningful Rename: His birth name was Alexander Marion He changed it to Lucian Caldera after he escaped the abuse of his parents.
- Tragic Keepsake: Owns a necklace that he had given to his brother when they were younger. He found it alongside what was left of his skeletal corpse.
- Trauma Conga Line: His whole life has been one of these.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: When he was a preteen he took up smoking, got into fights, and stole.
A former Commander of Team Galactic. He took up leading the organization after Cyrus disappeared, however a lack of trust from the people of the Sinnoh region led to Galactic allying itself with Team Rocket in an attempt to stay afloat.
- Abusive Parents: His Mother died while he was still very young, and his Father treated him more like a trophy to show off with than an actual human being. His sheltered childhood led to him latching onto the first person he believed showed him genuine kindness. Unfortunately, said person happened to be Cyrus.
- Deadpan Snarker: When he's annoyed, he has a tendency to lash out with quips and sarcasm. And considering he's in Team Rocket...
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Sometimes uses Kalosian words. Justified, as he was raised to be bilingual by his Father.
- Ill Boy: His blood doesn't clot as a result of his hemophilia, but he's just very sickly and unwell in general.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Who grew into a Lonely Rich Adult.
- My Greatest Failure: Views his actions during the plot of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl to be this. He still hasn't forgiven himself for letting Cyrus manipulate him.
- Neat Freak: Expect him to complain if things aren't neat and orderly.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His real name is Solomon Lévesque. He prefers to go by Saturn, though, primarily for sentimental reasons.
- Animal Motifs: Foxes... er... Zoruas.
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt Pokemon or be Volkner.
- Driven to Suicide: He tried to hang himself before the events of Rocket HQ. He gets better. Until it happens again.
- Extraverted Nerd: He has more luck than the average nerd.
- Extreme Omnivore: Has been known to eat paper, bottles, and even vending machines.
- Gaining the Will to Kill: He realized that either he or Ted had to die. Neither could coexist. He chose Ted, and from there on out...
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: Although you will have to pay a price to give his dungeon a visit.
- Ill Boy: Has a heart condition. Later on goes into heart failure.
- Parental Incest: Not giving in to his mother's sexual manipulation was a factor that led to him being kicked out of his home.
- Professional Killer: Was moved to the Assassinations Department. He's VERY good at his job.
- Split-Personality Takeover: Hyouta eventually takes over Roark.
- Stepford Smiler: Mostly Type C with hints of Type A.
- Third-Person Person: Roark starts out speaking in the first person, but later on switches to the third. This is a result of Hyouta taking over.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Spaghetti, and later on, strawberries.
- Transgender: Identifies as androgyne, but makes no effort to correct others when they assume he's cis.
- Abusive Parents: His father, and to an extent, his mother.
- Benevolent Conspiracy: Why he stays in Team Rocket.
- The Corruption: His Shadow form.
- Disproportionate Reward: Will go to extreme lengths to protect Roark after he saved him from committing suicide. Later on it becomes apparent that this is because he's attracted to him.
- Evil Lawyer Joke: Constantly the butt of these.
- Freudian Excuse: He grew up almost completely detached from society. As a result, he can't empathize with people.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: To a comical degree. He's heterosexual, but biromantic.
- Heroic BSoD: When he snaps out of his Shadow form. Later on, when Roark rejects him.
- If It's You, It's Okay: He won't admit it, but he is a biromantic who has feelings for Roark.
- Leave Me Alone!: Locked himself on Iron Island for seven years.
- MayDecember Romance: With Ellie.
- Papa Wolf: To Roark, Grunts, and his son.
- Spurned into Suicide: Tried to manipulate Marissa Hopkins into marrying him by jumping off a building. It didn't work.
- Yandere: To Marissa Hopkins. He murders her husband as a Shadow Being.
- The Computer Is Your Friend: She creates a self-aware AI to help Team Rocket rob banks. It doesn't listen and actually turns on her.
- The Cracker: She creates computer viruses.
- Emotionless Girl: Not really.
- Carrying the Antidote: She offers to give it to Roark when she poisons him if he'll agree to be her boyfriend. He refuses, but in the end Gardenia is unable to kill him and gives him the antidote at the very last moment.
- Floral Theme Naming: With her sisters.
- Genki Girl: Albeit a very depressed one.
- Murder by Inaction: She did not attack Oreburgh Mine directly, but is still at fault as she helped develop the chemical weapons used and didn't go to the police when she realized what the cult's master plan was.
- Heir to the Dojo: Until she lost everything.
An immortal woman hailing from the Sinnoh region. She carries with her a dark past and a heavy mental burden from her years of being alive.
- Achilles' Heel: Damaging/Destroying her brain is the only way to permanently incapacitate her. Even then though she would still be alive.
- Blood Knight: To the point she will actively go picking fights with people for the fun of it.
- Blue and Orange Morality
- Break the Cutie: Kiko was once a mild manner girl who's only dream was to become a priestess. Then civil war broke out and her villiage was caught in the crossfire. One side decided to take over the villiage and turn it into a strong hold and to do so everyone was slaughtered. In her last breath Kiko wished for revenge and attracted Giratina because of it. From there things just go ultimately downhill.
- Came Back Wrong: Lost more than half her soul to Giratina when he brought her back to life.
- Characterization Marches On: Has mellowed down considerably during her time in Team Rocket and has allowed herself to become more in tune with her own humanity and emotions.
- Collector of the Strange: Collects body parts as part of her income and to replace any body parts that she herself might lose
- Deal Withthe Devil: Made a deal with Giratina that resulted in her becoming immortal and Giratina taking possession of most of her soul.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Her weapon of choice is a scythe made from the claw of a Scyther.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: When she found out her immortality was permanent.
- MayflyDecember Friendship: Any friendship she forms is doomed to become this due to her immortality.
- The Medic: Though some of her methods are unorthodox, she has healed and treated several characters in the past.
- Miko: Was one before her village was destroyed and she became an immortal.
- Omniglot: Claims that she can speak, at the very least, basic phrases from most languages and is fluent in several other. Justified in that as an immortal, she has a lot of time to learn other languages.
- One-Man Army: Became one after becoming immortal and she single-handedly slaughtered the army that destroyed her village. Though she was under the influence of Giratina's power at this time.
- Parental Abandonment: Gave up her son Tomio to a couple unable to have a child of her own because she couldn't bear the pain of watching him grow up and die.
- Really 700 Years Old: Actually 1,346 years old. Though she will say roughly 1000 because shes kinda lost track of the years.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Gained red eyes after making her deal with Giratina, to show its influence on her.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: What she does to the army that wiped out her village and people.
- Selective Slaughter: Will not hurt small children or Pokemon
- Self-Mutilation Demonstration: Will often do this to prove her immortality to others.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: She thinks anyone who seeks immortality out is a fool.
A strange young man gifted with the ability to use aura who was sent to Team Rocket as the representative of a mysterious organization. He's not very nice.
- Cast from Hit Points: His aura abilities can take a toll on his body if he uses them continuously.
- Childhood Friend Romance: One-sided, anyways. Not that he's exactly aware of it.
- Demonic Possession: By Yveltal, for a time.
- Expy: Of Judal from Magi: Labyrinth Of Magic, though he's very AU.
- Fatal Flaw: Reckless and overestimates his own abilities frequently, often leading to psychic nosebleeds.
- Jerkass: Intentionally raised to be one. It worked.
- Kill 'Em All: His endgame goal is more or less to kill absolutely everyone besides himself and Hakuryuu. He's just not strong enough to do it yet.
- Pet the Dog: He has his moments, especially with Titus.
- Psychic Nosebleed: Suffers from these frequently.
- Vampiric Draining: Eventually learns how to utilize this to take aura from other living beings and add it to his own energy stores.
- Villainous BSoD: Is rendered comatose post-possession.
Petrel's crazy ex-boyfriend that was believed to be dead, but actually defected to Interpol. He's recently returned, undercover, to spy on the happenings of HQ.
- Love Will Lead You Back: Sure, he betrayed his fiance and their entire livelihood, but Alex is pretty sure Petrel is totally going to hook back up with him.
- Sex with the Ex: Seduced Petrel on Valentine's but Petrel literally kicked him out, afterwards.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Petrel.
Riley's mother, a former supermodel turned business owner. She came to Team Rocket in hopes of repairing her relationship with her son, and has done a terrible job at it so far. She helps with finances.
- Cats Are Mean: Livi, and Cat herself.
- Domestic Abuse: While she was married to Patrick.
- Driven to Suicide: Prior to joining Team Rocket. A former grunt Riley managed to reform saved her.
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have!: Roark refers to her as "Mrs. MILF-Fannin."
- Handicapped Badass: The fact she is in a wheelchair will not prevent her from giving you a whoopin' if you deserve it.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Played straight and inverted. She loves Livi with all her heart and soul, but is open about her disdain toward people. Despite this, she's often helpful to others and will gladly dispense advice.
- Mandatory Motherhood: She did not want to have Riley or the child she miscarried, but gave into pressure.
- Nobody Over 50 Is Gay: Inverted. Cat is a very outspoken lesbian.
Dimitri "Scout" Mikhailov
An eccentric young man who was essentially "sold" to Team Rocket at a very young age by his family in an attempt to pay off a debt. Due to complications on a recent mission, his sight was damaged beyond repair. Holds the rank of Admin, though due to his injuries, he's technically not on active duty anymore.
- Cute Little Fangs: Sports an entire mouth of them, for some reason, though they only become obvious when he grins.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Worked as a literal scout for Team Rocket on missions when he was still just a child, which is where his nickname originates from.
- Insane Troll Logic: Frequently runs on this.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: He really loves dragons and Dragon type Pokemon. His family even bred them for a living, and in his spare time, he does as well.
- The Mole: Before he went blind, he acted as this for Team Rocket; espionage and infiltration are his bread and butter.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Typically introduces himself as Scout, and is referred to as such by most people. As he is estranged from his family, he would much rather not go by his actual name.
- Really Gets Around: Prior to going blind, anyways.
- Unexplained Accent:
- He typically speaks with an accent, though he often delights in altering it at will to confuse people.
- Getting him drunk causes him to default to a Russian accent, which makes sense because he is Russian- or the Pokeverse equivalent to it.
- Younger Than They Look: He's actually only a teenager despite holding the rank of Admin, and has been a member of Team Rocket ever since he was a child.
Characters that do not have accounts in the group but play important roles nonetheless to the group and the lives of some muses.
A grunt whose life absolutely sucks. Most of his friends tend to end up dying and he himself ends up in serious trouble a lot, mostly with Proton. Is considered a joke character in HQ.
- Crapsack World: With the way his life is the world is basically a Crapsack with everything out to get him.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: According to Word of God, his real name is actually Rasputin.
- Running Gag: All of his friends get brutally murdered, and he's the only one left standing.
Twin brother of Lucian who died in an accident fourteen years ago.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: While trying to travel during a rainstorm Alucio ended up falling off a cliff and was impaled on a tree branch. Rather than bleed out, he chose to end his own life by crushing his heart.
- Dark and Troubled Past: It didn't stop him from trying to have a more positive outlook on life and the world.
- Dead All Along: For years Lucian thought that Alucio was still alive. It wasn't until Lucian found his remains years later did he learn the truth.
- Due to the Dead: Averted. Because he died alone, he never got a proper funeral.
- Meaningful Rename: His birth name was Adrian Marion He changed it to Alucio Caldera after he escaped the abuse of his parents.
- Psychic Powers: Like his twin brother he also possessed them.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: While he was still alive he took part in things like underage drinking, fighting, and stealing.
Lucian and Alucio's abusive, manipulative father. Was murdered by a rocket grunt in a robbery gone wrong. He is also Will's father
- Offing the Offspring: Attempted this with his sons when he learned that they were psychic. Then he realized he could exploit them for his own gain.
- A Taste of the Lash: His preferred method of abusing his children.
- Unholy Matrimony: His wife was just as selfish and cruel as he was
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheated on his wife which resulted in Will.
Executive Proton's deceased Mother. Her death essentially acted as the trigger for his Start of Darkness.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: She sold her body for money, but she genuinely loved her son more than anything.