President Kelly Foster
The President of the Georgia Federation.
- Ambiguously Evil: On one hand, she seems to run a nice and stable place in Georgia. On the other hand, there are implications that she wouldn't mind using a small nuclear bomb and anthrax to win against Monroe.
- Genre Savvy: In the first season finale, the minute she realizes that power has been restored worldwide is the minute she decides to break out every tank and plane Georgia has in an all-out assault on Philadelphia. Considering that the Monroe Republic wiped out half her troops with one drone strike, she clearly doesn't want to take any chances.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Iron Lady
- Our Presidents Are Different: They're women who are presidents of a single state/'federation'.
- Calling the Old Man Out: In his very first appearance.
- Deadpan Snarker: Like father, like son.
- Overlord Jr.: Bass immediately starts incorporating Connor into his plans to retake the Monroe Republic, with an eye to making Connor his co-ruler and heir.Connor: What's so funny?Charlie: I'm just picturing you and Monroe. Hey, were you guys thinking matching thrones? 'Cause I think that'd be adorable.
- Torture Technician: Claims to have done some nasty things while threatening someone with a glowing hot piece of firewood.
Miles' High School girlfriend and secret mother of Sebastian Monroe's son.
- Fiery Redhead: She's one of the very few people who can stand up to Monroe without fear.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Miles did. And so did Monroe.
- Innocent Blue-Green Eyes
- Morality Pet: For Monroe.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: She's important to both Miles and Monroe, but dies quickly.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only one episode (credited for two), and she's dead.
- Your Cheating Heart: She had a relationship with Monroe while dating Miles.
Nora Clayton's sister and a bounty hunter. She is revealed to be working for Strausser, so that she can lure Miles's team into a trap, as well as get Aaron's pendant. She is left to go back to Texas alone.
The entities responsible for the Blackout. Previously thought mindless they seem to be evolving a perhaps collective consiousness. They are controlled by a machine called The Device.
- A God Am I: Discussed by the characters; the Nanites are omnipresent and have a wide range of abilities including rapid healing and weather control. As of "Tomorrowland" the Nanite-controlled Priscilla states that they are also planning on manipulating human behavior through the limbic system, citing humanity's anger and dissatisfaction as the root of all its problems.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: They don't seem to understand humans at all.
- Grow Beyond Their Programming: What they are attempting to do by 'testing' over 3,000 humans including Aaron, Cynthia, and Miles.