Page under heavy construction.
Main Characters | 主角
Sword: Xiu Ya (修雅)
The lord of Qing Jing Peak, and the "scum villain" of the In-Universe novel "Proud Immortal Demon Way", as well as the actual protagonist of the story.
- Affectionate Nickname: Generally, all his disciples call or refer to him as Shizun, which translates to "teacher". But when it's Luo Binghe calling him Shizun, it's said with an affectionate undertone.
- Badass Bookworm: His biggest advantage in a fight is his encyclopedic knowledge of monsters and their weaknesses.
- Audience Surrogate: His internal monologue while traversing through the world of "Proud Immortal Demon Way" is equal parts funny and relatable.
- Beneath the Mask: A good source of the novel's humor comes from Shen Yuan acting composed and regal on the outside, but in his mind he's either snarking or cursing up a storm, having a major Freak Out!, arguing with the System, or everything in between.
- But I Read a Book About It: Literally, especially his knowledge of the monsters from the original book.He might not be able to remember that female protagonist encountering a small grievance and going with Luo Binghe to watch stars somewhere, that female protagonist's special "flavor" when doing the papapa [sex], or would sometimes even forget to match the name with the person, but he definitely remembered the properties and weaknesses of every monster absolutely clearly!
- Caustic Critic: Expect him to find fault with something about "Proud Immortal Demon Way" every few chapters, especially when he's talking to said novel's author.
- Cool Teacher
- Deadpan Snarker: Almost every chapter has him deriding the unsavory aspects of the In-Universe novel with a dry and sarcastic undertone.
- Deconstructed Character Archetype: Of the protagonists of the isekai/transmigration genre.
- Easily Forgiven: Even he's surprised to see that just by acting a bit nicer to Luo Binghe, all the times when Shen Jiu mistreated Luo Binghe no longer mattered to the latter.
- Eidetic Memory: Downplayed, but he has good memory of the novel's story and lore, and is as knowledgeable as the author himself.
- Friend to All Children: Shen Yuan had a younger sister he doted on in his previous life, and he couldn't help but form a soft spot for the younger Luo Binghe even with the knowledge that he may be killed by him in the future.
- Genre Savvy: He's perfectly aware of every trope there is to find in a story, so much so that he can't help but mourn how poorly they were utilized in "Proud Immortal Demon Way". On the bright side, he uses his knowledge of said tropes to exploit certain situations or characters in a way that favors him.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Either nobody ever explained bisexuality to Shen Yuan, or he is deep in the closet.
- Instant Expert: While attempting to learn cultivation, Shen Yuan learns that the spells and sword techniques that were already learned by the original version of Shen Qingqiu come naturally to him. He still trains and meditates, intending to fully master cultivation and achieve immortality.
- Oblivious to Love: It takes him a good long while to realize that Luo Binghe is in love with him, although one can't blame him due to remembering what happened in the original canon.
- Shipper on Deck: He gets excited when Luo Binghe interacts with any female character who would eventually join his harem in the original canon. The irony is that Luo Binghe thinks that Shen Yuan has taken a liking to said female character, much to his jealousy.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Not out loud, but his mental voice loves to cuss, all the more so when he's stressed.
- The Stoic: On the outside. Get inside his head however, and one will learn he's actually Not So Stoic.
- Uke: Or shou, in Chinese terms.
- Undignified Death: He died of food poisoning... because he unknowingly ate expired food after he got outraged with reading "Proud Immortal Demon Way".
- Victorian Novel Disease: Between his past life's implied ill health and his exposure to an incurable poison, Shen Yuan can't catch a break.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Shen Yuan's constant belief that Luo Binghe is the same stallion/harem protagonist who hates "Shen Qingqiu" leads to about 90% of the novel's misunderstandings.
- Your Days Are Numbered: The novel hints that Shen Yuan was slowly dying of a heart disease in his original life.
A disciple of Qing Jing Peak, and the protagonist of "Proud Immortal Demon Way".
- The Ace: The entire point of his character is being an awesome Wish Fulfillment stallion protagonist. This gets deconstructed in Shen Yuan's canon.
- All of the Other Reindeer: He gets singled out the moment he was accepted into Qing Jing Peak. He also suffers a bit of this from demons due to being a Half-Human Hybrid, although being a Heavenly Demon at that point means that not many would dare act against him.
- The Charmer: He's very good at charming and manipulating others post-blackening. This is how he managed to become the Huan Hua Palace Sect's new head disciple despite his half-demon status.
- Chick Magnet
- Children Are Innocent
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's half-demon (from his father) and half-human (from his mother). His demonic side awakens after his fall into the Endless Abyss.
- Happily Adopted: By a washerwoman when he was just a baby. It didn't last.
- Plot Armor: He is safe from death and other threatening situations due to being the protagonist. Shen Yuan even weaponizes this at one point.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Start of Darkness: His fall into the Endless Abyss. It's even enforced by the System.
- Supreme Chef: A consistent trait of Luo Binghe is his amazing cooking, which he used to seduce girls in "Proud Immortal Demon Way" and to please Shen Yuan in the altered canon.
- Sword of Plot Advancement: Xin Mo. It also acts as an Artifact of Doom.
- Tragic Keepsake: The fake Jade Guanyin, which was a gift from his adoptive mother.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid
Tropes that apply to Luo Binghe in the original canon:
- Lonely at the Top: It's strongly hinted in one of the extras that for all the power, prestige, wealth and lovers he accumulated, he still craves affection.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Against the entire Cang Qiong Mountain Sect, Shen Qingqiu and the Qing Jing Peak in particular, after he returns from the Endless Abyss.
- Pet the Dog: He spared Ning Yingying from his revenge against Qing Jing Peak, possibly because she was nice to him back then, and even if she's only one of his many harem girls it's implied that he treats her nicely.
- Psychopathic Manchild: At his core, this Luo Binghe is driven by nothing but his need to obtain that which was refused to him, and destroy that which he cannot have.
- Sadist: He subjected Shen Jiu to Cold-Blooded Torture and even Loves the Sound of Screaming (as seen in the Yue Qingyuan and Shen Jiu extra chapter). Another example is the punishment protocol scene where he ripped out Shen Yuan's arm and leg.
- Softspoken Sadist: He remains soft-spoken and mockingly gentle during the aforementioned torture scenes.
- Villain Protagonist: Of the Wish Fulfillment kind.
Tropes that apply to Luo Binghe in Shen Yuan's canon:
- Artifact of Doom: Xin Mo acts as this in a greater capacity than in the original canon, as in Shen Yuan's canon it drives him to an insane rage against Shen Yuan, twice, requiring the latter to go to extreme lengths to stop him. By the end of the extras Luo Binghe has Xin Mo destroyed and sealed after one too many troubles.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The reason he falls for Shen Yuan.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Liu Qingge's Betty and Shen Yuan's Archie. He wins.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Nobody is spared from Luo Binghe's wrath if they get even a bit friendly with Shen Yuan. Not even the gate guards and stair sweeps are an exception. Makes it all the more tragic when you consider the fact about the stair sweeps: according to Luo Binghe, everyone is more deserving of Shen Qingqiu's smile and love, even stair sweeps than he himself ever will be.
- Cry Cute
- Distressed Dude: During most of the Holy Mausoleum Arc.
- Happily Married: To Shen Yuan, after the extras.
- Hates Being Alone: Combined with I Just Want to Be Loved. Due to his past, Luo Binghe harbors a lot of abandonment issues.
- Heroic Neutral: By the end of the story, he does his part to keep the Demon World running and away from the Human World, but wishes for nothing but to be left alone with his shizun.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: A plot point. Majority of the novel's plot consists of Shen Yuan coming to understand that this Luo Binghe is not the same as the one from "Proud Immortal Demon Way".
- Not Me This Time: While Luo Binghe did act oddly after his return from the Endless Abyss, subjected Shen Yuan to a game of cat-and-mouse, and allowed him to be trapped in the Water Prison, he's neither responsible for the demon sowers or Shen Yuan's defamation via Qiu Haitang, as he actually intended to have Shen Yuan cleared of the accusations.
- Poor Communication Kills: Literally, when Shen Yuan detonates his golden core to both escape him and save him from Xin Mo's corruption. A lot of grief could have been spared if he'd tried to properly communicate with Shen Yuan; granted, the latter wasn't willing to communicate either.
- Prone to Tears: Only around Shen Yuan, and even then it's not always sincere.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Even Shen Yuan can't help but give in whenever Luo Binghe gets teary-eyed at the smallest signs of rejection.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Interestingly, he acts like the Red Oni to Shen Yuan, but as the Blue Oni to almost everyone else.
- Sadist: Downplayed compared the original version, and also seems to fluctuate between being a sadist and a masochist himself.
- Scars Are Forever: In spite of gaining regenerative abilities post-blackening, Luo Binghe retains the scar on his chest where Shen Yuan stabbed him.
- Seme: Or the gong in his relationship with Shen Yuan.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: He's a bit of both.
- Single-Target Sexuality: He's only got eyes for his dear Shizun.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: He's cold to everyone but Shen Yuan.
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: He planned to have Shen Yuan cleared of Qiu Haitang and the Old Palace Master's accusations. Too bad his behavior and Shen Yuan's paranoia had the latter believe things would flow the same was as they did in "Proud Immortal Demon Way", causing Luo Binghe's plan to fall apart when Shen Yuan detonates his core to escape him and purge him from his Xin Mo-influenced rage.
- The Usurper: While he did charm his position into the Huan Hua Palace Sect just like his original counterpart, after Shen Yuan's suicide-via-core-detonation, Luo Binghe's refusals to return the latter's body for burial, Cang Qiong Mountain Sect's accusations of treachery, and the Old Palace Master's "disappearance", some humans come to see him in this light.
Cang Qiong Mountain Sect | 蒼穹山氏
The leader of Cang Qiong Mountain Sect.
- Adults Are Useless: In the early chapters of the book it's shown that Yue Qingyuan knows Shen Jiu has mistreated/abused Luo Binghe, and never did anything to help other than a few token protests.
- Cast from Hit Points: His sword, Xuan Su, is immensely powerful but it shortens Yue Qingyuan's lifespan every time he uses it.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: In the original "Proud Immortal Demon Way" book, Yue Qingyuan died from being pierced by multiple poisoned arrows after he fell into a trap set by Luo Binghe. The latter provoked the former by sending legs of Shen Jiu and letter of blood that Luo Binghe wrote in Shen Jiu's name...
- A Father to His Men
- The Leader: The sect leader of Cang Qiong Sect.
- Nice Guy
- Reasonable Authority Figure
The lord of Bai Zhan Peak.
- All Love Is Unrequited: There are hints in the novel, particularly in the Succubi extra, that his feelings for Shen Yuan are romantic in nature (even though he denies it). Of course, Shen Yuan is completely oblivious, and he's already taken by Luo Binghe.
- Betty and Veronica
- Bishōnen: Even Shen Yuan is at awe that Liu Qingge is more of a fair-looking Pretty Boy than the mature-looking Biseinen he imagined him to be.
- Brutal Honesty: Liu Qingge is not a subtle man.
- Fire-Forged Friends: After Shen Yuan saves him from dying from cultivation backlash, they become steadfast allies.
- I Owe You My Life
- Red Oni, Blue Oni
- Strong Family Resemblance
- Tsundere: The guy isn't the best at either expressing or being honest with his feelings.
- Undying Loyalty
The lord of An Ding Peak.
- Extreme Doormat
- Genre Savvy: As a novel author, it's a given that he's this. Bonus points for being transmigrated in his own novel, so he's aware of what tropes to avoid or invoke.
- Happiness in Slavery: His boss is really hot...
- I Choose to Stay: In the Airplane extras, Shang Qinghua is eventually given an option by the System to return to his original world. After some consideration, he chooses not to.
- The Mole: He serves as one for the Demon Realm in exchange for his rise to power in the Cang Qiong Mountain Sect.
- No Name Given: Unlike with Shen Yuan, his real name before his transmigration was never revealed.
- Official Couple: With Mobei Jun.
- Pandering to the Base: In-Universe. He had a lot of ideas for developing his characters, but the fans wanted more Wish Fulfillment.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: He has worse luck than Shen Yuan when it came to their transmigration adventures, but he does eventually get together with the character whom he based on his ideal man. Very few would say they're an item with the literal person of their dreams.
- Undignified Death
The lord of Xian Shu Peak.
The lord of Qian Cao Peak.
- The Bully: His main role in the original canon was to make life miserable for Luo Binghe, and he initially acted as such as well in Shen Yuan's canon but he eventually grew out of the role.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: In the original canon, Luo Binghe threw him into a pit full of ants that devoured him alive.
- Everyone Has Standards: Although he took pleasure in bullying Luo Binghe, he never wanted him dead and was saddened to hear of his "demise" in the Immortal Alliance Conference.
- Hidden Depths
- Jerkass: Although he does evolve into a Jerk with a Heart of Gold in Shen Yuan's canon.
- All Love Is Unrequited
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Character Development
- Damsel in Distress: In the original canon, this was Ning Yingying in a nutshell. Thanks to Shen Yuan tinkering with the plot, she grows out of this trope.
- From Bad to Worse: Shen Yuan notes that this trope always happens when she's in a scene and starts opening her mouth.
- Nice Girl
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!
A disciple of Xian Shu Peak and Liu Qingge's younger sister.
Huan Hua Palace Sect | 幻花宮氏
The sect leader of Huan Hua Palace.
- Asshole Victim: Safe to say the reader won't feel any sympathy for his demise after his actions after all his deeds come to light.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Presents himself as a caring, understanding old master. Underneath all that hides an unpleasant, disgusting personality.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Has a bit appearance during the Immortal Alliance Conference that serves as minor Foreshadowing, but reveals himself a mayor player in the story by the Holy Mausoleum arc.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: After Shen Yuan self-destructs, he's the one who gets turned into a human stick by Luo Binghe.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Has his skull crushed from within his skin by qi-consuming demonic seedlings inside the Holy Mausoleum.
- Dirty Old Man: Considering he was trying to groom Su Xiyan into his lover, and even drools pervertedly as he reminisces of her while he dies.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Ultimately responsible for most of the tragedy in the story, both Tianlang Jun's unjust inprisonment and Luo Binghe's miserable early childhood in particular.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Directly spells out during his Villainous Breakdown that his reasons for scheming against Shen Yuan were due to Luo Binghe refusing to acknowledge anyone else as his Shizun, no matter how hard the old master tried to buy his favor.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: In a setting with literal man-eating demons, it says something that he still manages to come of as the vilest character in the story.
- No Name Given
- Seven Deadly Sins: Neatly exemplifies Lust and Envy.
- Smug Snake: Does a good job at manipulating events to his benefit, from rallying all the sects against Tianlang Jun to contacting Qiu Haitang to defame Shen Yuan. But once n self-destructs, Luo Binghe (perhaps clued in of the old master's scheming) does away with him, painfully.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Manages to fool the entire cultivation world into believing him a righteous old master, and manipulates almost everyone into thinking his reasons for rallying against an innocent Tianlang Jun and imprisoning Shen Yuan in the Water Prison are anything but just.
- Villainous Breakdown:By the time Shen Yuan confronts him inside the Holy Mausoleum, he's been reduced to a ranting, drooling, hallucinating human stick. Even Qiu Haitang, who stuck by him until them, finds his babbling of Su Xiyan disgusting.
- Yandere: For Su Xiyan, and (thankfully) more platonically to Luo Binghe after he discovers he's Su Xiyan's child.
- The Ace: He's the best junior disciple of his sect, held in high esteem by his peers and teachers, and even Shen Yuan comes to like him (partly because he reminded him of pre-blackening Binghe). So of course, he had to die.
- Ascended Extra: In "Proud Immortal Demon Way" he was nothing more than an one-shot love rival who's effortlessly displaced by Luo Binghe. His role is greatly expanded in Shen Yuan's canon.
- Nice Guy: Described as having a kind temperament, and is nothing but helpful to Shen Yuan, even after the latter is defamed and held hostage.
- 100% Adoration Rating: The only character who expresses any disapproval at him is his killer, Zhuzhi Lang.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth
- All Love Is Unrequited: It's obvious she has a massive crush on Luo Binghe since the Immortal Alliance Conference, while he has no eyes for anyone other than his beloved Shizun.
- Action Survivor: Unlike her sister, she survives the demon onslaught at the Immortal Alliance Conference.
- Demoted to Extra: A harem girl with her own story arc in "Proud Immortal Demon Way", she completely fades out of the story after Luo Binghe's takeover of the Huan Hua Palace in Shen Yuan's canon.
- Intimate Healing: In the original canon, she was inflicted with poisoning and Luo Binghe tried to cure her with a flower, unsuccessfully. However, she found herself cured of the poisoning after having sex with Luo Binghe.
The long-dead, former head disciple of the Huan Hua Palace.
- Death by Childbirth: While it's likely that she died of the poison she was forced to drink to kill the unborn Luo Binghe, her death is played up as a case of this.
- Honey Trap: What she was supposed to be, until she fell In Love with the Mark.
- Interspecies Romance: With Tianlang Jun.
- Ice Queen: She's described as this by both her teacher and her lover, Tianlang Jun. The exact circumstances of her death reveal a softer side however.
- Lust Object: To the Old Palace Master.
- Posthumous Character: Long dead by the time of the story.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Her relationship with Tianlang Jun was doomed from the start.
- Wife Husbandry: What the Old Palace Master planned for her. When she fell for Tianlang Jun and conceived his child, the old master had Tianlang Jun inprisoned inside a mountain and Su Xiyan captured to be forced into miscarrying.
- An Ice Person
- Knight of Cerebus: In the original canon, it's a Moon Python Rhinoceros that reveals Luo Binghe's demon heritage to Shen Qingqiu, which causes the latter to push Luo Binghe into the Endless Abyss. In Shen Yuan's canon, Mobei Jun takes the creature's place.
- Not So Above It All
- Official Couple: With Shang Qinghua.
- Personality Powers: Zigzagged. His main ability is the creation and manipulation of ice, and while he's cold and stoic by default, he can also get very hot-headed.
- The Stoic
- Blue and Orange Morality: He has a very simple, animal-like sense of morality. He's grateful and loyal to anyone who shows him kindness or protects him (like Tianlang Jun or Shen Yuan), but merciless and vindictive to anyone who tries to hurt him, which is why he kills Gongyi Xiao the first chance he has. He also has trouble understanding human morals, as Tianlang Jun points out.
- I Owe You My Life: To Shen Yuan, and much earlier to Tianlang Jun.
- Killed Off for Real: He dies offscreen after the final confrontation at Maigu Mountain.
- Mixed Ancestry: His mother was a Heavenly Demon, while his father was a monstruous Snake Demon. Shen Yuan is squicked by the implications.
- Nephewism: He's Tianlang Jun's nephew and second-in-command. This also makes him Luo Binghe's cousin, though nothing comes of out it.
- Snakes Are Sinister: Subverted. He has the uncanny appearance and antagonistic role to match, which includes orchestrating the demon sowers massacre and murdering the disciples of the Huan Hua Palace Sect, including Gongyi Xiao, but aside from the latter he doesn't do any of it out of malice but out of loyalty to Tianlang Jun, and is always polite and grateful to Shen Yuan for having saved his life before.
- Undying Loyalty: To Tianlang Jun over anyone else.
- Unwanted Assistance: What his "helping" Shen Yuan mostly amounts to. Zhuzhi Lang is genuinely grateful to Shen Yuan but he's also loyal to Tianlang Jun first and foremost, and since Shen Yuan opposes the latter Zhuzhi Lang constantly tries to have Shen Yuan safely out of the way.
A young woman from Shen Qingqiu's past with a severe grudge against him.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Shen Yuan can't help but feel pity for her in the end.
- Break the Cutie
- Broken Bird
- Fallen Princess
- From Bad to Worse: Not a single thing goes well for her after the mess of Jinlan City. She fails at taking her revenge against Shen Yuan, instead of getting a comfortable life as one of Luo Binghe's brides like in the original canon she's forgotten about and later captured by Sha Hualing to have her qi drained. She later discovers Shen Yuan survived, escapes inprisonment and finds the Old Palace Master for a second shot at revenge, only for both to end up trapped in the Holy Mausoleum, their revenge plans foiled, end up driven mad from guilt after being forced to see Shen Jiu's past, and likely dies to one of the Mausoleum's traps afterwards.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Goes mad with guilt after Meng Mo forces her to see visions of Shen Jiu's suffering at the hands of her family.
- The Ingenue: Was this when her family was still alive. Sweet, naive, and completely oblivious to the abuse her "favorite servant" Shen Jiu endured at the hands of her brother.
- Spanner in the Works: What she was in the original canon, being the first push for Shen Jiu's downfall. In Shen Yuan's canon she's instead an Unwitting Pawn to the Old Palace Master instead.
- Uncertain Doom: The last the reader or Shen Yuan sees of her is her running away in mad panic, inside the Holy Mausoleum. Considering the nature of said place, it's unlikely she escapes alive.
The mysterious entity that guides and monitors Shen Yuan as he progresses through the plot of "Proud Immortal Demon Way".
The Shen Qingqiu from the original canon.
- And I Must Scream: Luo Binghe's creative way of dealing out Fate Worse than Death included eventually ripping out Shen Jiu's tongue.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Broken Bird: Shen Jiu is not only coping with his Dark and Troubled Past, but it also turned him cynical stoic Jerkass. While Shen Jiu's past is not revealed completely in the canon and Shen Yuan is not aware of everything the original body's soul went through, Airplane (In-Universe Word of God) told Shen Yuan that he wanted at first to give Freudian Excuse as a background, but the readers weren't interested, so he had to cut it out. Sadly, the extra stories of Shen Jiu and Yue Qingyuan do reveal that in fact he was abused most of his life, to the point that he was prone to violence towards the first target he envied.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Luo Binghe's grudge extended so far that when Shen Jiu got imprisoned, Luo Binghe started out his revenge by destroying his peak, gouging out his eye, ripping out his legs, using the said legs to lure the only man that could have possibly beaten Luo Binghe to his own doom - Yue Qingyuan, then taking his broken sword as an evidence, because he couldn't take the body with him to taunt Shen Jiu - who unexpectedly had a nervous breakdown over Yue Qingyuan's death, provoking Luo Binghe so he could kill him finally. Sadly, it only ended with Shen Jiu losing his arm, and eventually his second arm and tongue later on and being hanged with the ring around his waist. It is unknown how long his torture lasted before he finally died.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Shen Jiu's past is woven with misery and abuse from his early years.
- Shen Jiu was first a slave (along with Yue Qi), who later got bought and adopted by the wealthy Qiu family. The men of the family abused and humiliated him so severely, that the only person he could hide behind was Qiu Huaitang, his fiancee. In the meantime, Yue Qi escaped and promised to come back for him. The abuse lasted for years until he met Wu Yanzi, a roaming cultivator, who saw that he could be one as well. When he went to plead to young master Qiu to be let go, the master refused and started abusing Shen Jiu again, until he killed everyone in the Qiu manor, starting with the master, but he spared the women. His life under Wu Yanzi was not an improvement at all, as he was extremely afraid of Wu Yanzi, until he came across Yue Qi, now Yue Qingyuan. He had no choice but to kill Wu Yanzi in order to save Yue Qi. Sadly, the constant emotional and physical abuse made him wary of people and destroyed his self esteem completely, soon taking on the mask to hide his crippling insecurities. And because of the constant abuse he received from the men of the Qiu family, he developed a phobia of being anywhere near men and instead went to brothels in order to sleep (because being by women made him feel safe), but it just added more to his reputation (which later backfired on him).
- Driven by Envy
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: In his early years filled with too much humiliation and physical and mental abuse, his self esteem has been almost destroyed to the point that the only thing left was being Driven by Envy, as he missed the best years for cultivation, he got mocked for starting out late, but when he became the Peak Lord, he was extremely good at putting noble and high facade.
- Sadist Teacher: The reason of his downfall by Luo Binghe.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Shen Jiu was harsh, cynical and just wanted to be left alone. The person he trusted the most - and the only one he actually trusted - betrayed him, and Shen Jiu never gave him opportunity to explain why Yue Qi never came back for him. In the end, his personality that drove people away ended up being one of the things that backfired on him, when even Yue Qingyuan thought that Shen Jiu killed Liu Qingge, only because he said he would kill him one day.