The characters of Regal Academy.
The main protagonist of the show, an ordinary girl who discovers the fairy tale world and enrolls in Regal Academy, where she learns she's the granddaughter of the headmistriss Cinderella and is keen on learning magic while having adventures with her friends. She uses Pumpkin Magic to conjure things.
- Adorkable: She has her moments.
- All Women Love Shoes: Emphasis on love. She inherited it from Cinderella.
- Catchphrase: "Best fairy tale ever!" when she meets new fairy tale characters, and "Pumpkin Seeds," when she's happy. She adopted the latter from her grandmother.
- The Klutz: Rose is constantly bumping into things and can barely walk without face planting.
- Genki Girl: To put it mildly! Not only does Rose have a fangasm about fairy tales at least Once per Episode, she goes wild at the mention of anything remotely exciting.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Has platinum blonde hair and is the heroine of the series.
- Pink Means Feminine: Generally wears shades of pink and magenta.
- Powers in the First Episode/Really Royalty Reveal: In the first episode, she discovers she's Cinderella's granddaughter and receives her Pumpkin Magic powers.
- Skunk Stripe: Has a pink streak in her hair.
- Unknown Rival: Subverted; shes aware of Vicky's evil nature, but she doesnt know shes out to get her expelled from the academy.
The granddaughter of Rapunzel who's a talented bookworm. She uses Tower Magic to grow plants and flowers.
- Bookworm: Astoria loves reading, and can digest a doorstopper in seconds.
- Catchphrase: "Oh, my Grade," when she's distressed.
- Go-Getter Girl: Astoria is obsessive about getting perfect grades in school and dreams to one day be headmistress of Regal Academy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She can be bossy, impatient, and tactless because of her devotion to assignments, but she's a good person, and will usually apologize for her mean behaviour.
- Prehensile Hair: Astoria has "ivy hair" that has a mind of its own and can stretch as far as needed.
- Rapunzel Hair: Has the longest hair, hence being Rapunzel's offspring.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has long, pink hair.
The granddaughter of the Frog Prince who can turn into a frog herself. She uses Frog Magic to transform anyone into a frog.
- Boyish Short Hair: Her hair barely reaches past her chin.
- Catchphrase: "Oh, my Frog," when she's surprised, and "Frogtastic" to describe something she likes.
- Curtains Match the Window: Has green hair and green eyes.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a frog hair clip.
- My Instincts Are Showing: She loves eating bugs, tends to hop around even in human form, and she thinks the cutest boys are the enchanted frogs.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: Her grandfather's curse apparently had some effects on his bloodline.
- Odd Name Out: She's the only member of Rose's group whose last name isn't the same as their fairy tale ancestor.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has pale green hair.
The grandson of Snow White who's the "fairest" in the whole school, and is popular amongst the female students. He uses Snow Magic to freeze things and to conjure snow and ice.
- An Ice Person
- Catchphrase: "Cool as ice!"
- Curtains Match the Window: Blue hair and blue eyes.
- Leeroy Jenkins: He's a hero-in-training whose first instinct is to leap into action, wand blazing.
- Unwanted Harem: Hawk could care less about his fan club or Snow White's constantly playing matchmaker.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has deep blue hair.
The grandson of Beast who's usually calm and laid back, but when he gets furious, he turns into a real beast who's immense and strong. He uses Fury Magic to create tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Casanova Wannabe: In early episodes, Travis really wanted to be popular with girls. He gives up on it after falling for LingLing.
- Catchphrase: "Bad Luck Beast." It's technically his Embarrassing Nickname, but he says it whenever something unlucky happens to him.
- Super Strength: He inherited it from his grandfather.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has olive-green hair.
The granddaughter of the IronFan and a transfer student from China. She has a crush on Travis. She uses Fan Magic to make gusts of wind.
Rose's rival and the Big Bad of the series. A witch who wishes to be the ultimate fairytale villain and carries on evil plans which always fail, with thanks to Rose and her gang being involved, thus her goal is to get Rose kicked out of Regal Academy whatever it takes.
- Alpha Bitch/Big Bad: Shes the main antagonist of the show.
- Devil in Plain Sight: Despite how blatant her villainy can get, the academy faculty always fall for her model student act.
- Evil Counterpart: She serves as this to Rose. She shares her blonde hair but in a darker shade, and generally wears red, which contrasts to Roses pink.
- Evil Plan: Shes always plotting these.
- Series Goal: Get Rose kicked out of Regal Academy so she can focus on her evil plots without delay.
- Status Quo Is God: Her evil plans will always be thwarted, no matter what.
- Token Evil Teammate: The only true "evil" member of her trio, as Cyrus is lazy and Ruby is always distracted. Averted after Kira joins the gang in Season 2.
One of Ruby's friends who is often dragged into her evil plans, though she isn't quite keen on it and is mostly doing all the work. She has a huge crush on Hawk.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: "Fall of the Guardians" reveals that Ruby has merely been playing the part of Vicky's Minion with an F in Evil to take over her plan to take control of the family dragons and conquer Fairy Tale Land.
- Put on a Bus: She gets expelled in the Season 1 finale. She makes a return near the end of Season 2 promoted to The Dragon for two episodes.
- Villainous Crush: On Hawk in Season 1. In Season 2, this evolves into And Now You Must Marry Me.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has ice-blue hair.
Vicky's lazy and immature cousin who's always falling asleep. Because of this, he is often manipulated to aid her schemes.
- Sleepyhead: He can fall asleep anywhere, even when the craziness du jour should keep him up.
The headmistress of Regal Academy and Rose's grandmother.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She's fair with her students, but is not lenient with Rose for her screw-ups and improper behaviour just because she's her granddaughter.
The gym teacher and Travis's grandfather who always has a loud voice.
The magic teacher and Hawk's strict grandmother.
The potions professor and Joy's grandfather.
The poetry and literature teacher and Astoria's grandmother.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Tower life was not good for her sanity.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: She believes this, and it's why any art Travis makes never impresses her.