Back to Main. Beware of spoilers!
"Fairies focus on the small and common things and make them magically powerful. Affiliating yourself with the Fairy faction will hugely improve the output of lower tier buildings."
- Chaotic Good: Receive the Chaos alignment from a second Ascension onwards.
- Fairy in a Bottle: Not the Fairies themselves, but the Bottled Voice artifact contains "The essence of a melodic Fairy voice".
- Magic Music: Their Farms, Inns and Blacksmiths produce more when under the effect of a Fairy Chanting, which can be further upgraded to a Choir and finally an Orchestra.
- Pink Means Feminine: Their skin and faction color is hot pink.
- Our Fairies Are Different: The whimsical kind, tiny creatures who live in mushrooms.
- Zerg Rush: Fairy Choir triples their assistants when Fairy Chanting is active.
"Elves are masters of efficiency and expertise, taking the best results from every single action. Affiliating yourself with the Elves faction will dramatically boost your clicking rewards while forsaking passive production."
- Critical Hit: Elven Luck, their second Alliance upgrade, gives you a small chance to gain several magnitudes of your current production with a single click.
- Crutch Character: As a click based faction, the Elven start powerful at the beginning of a few stages, then gradualy get weaker. Their higher faction coin chance is invaluable from a fresh start of the first few runs, but becomes less relevant when slower, but stronger and more stable factions can afford to buy their own upgrades.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Over-reliant on clicks, the Elves cannot keep up with the rest of the factions once Tax Collections become the best source of production and faction coins.
- Elfeminate: Their portrait is that of a good looking male elf.
- Neutral Good: Receive the Balance alignment from a second Ascension onwards.
- Our Elves Are Better
- When Trees Attack: Their assistants resemble living trees.
- Tree Top Town: Their second unique building, the Arboreal City.
"Angels' ability with magic is unparalleled as they have the innate power to infuse mana into everything they touch. Affiliating yourself with the Angels faction will grant you nearly unlimited spell power and the ability to take advantage of it directly."
- Crippling Overspecialization: Most of their tier upgrades only focus on gaining more mana and empowering spells. They grow out of this once Research becomes available.
- Fallen Angel: The Nephilim is the final Challenge giver for the Angels, requiring you to be of Demonic descent and spread false hope on the legends of mortals.
- Heavenly Blue
- In the Hood
- Lawful Good: Receive the Order alignment from a second Ascension onwards.
- Mook Maker: Resurrection grants assistants from God's Hand's activity time.
- Nice Guy: The nicest of the factions, in their unique building quests the Angels kindly ask the player for their help.
- Our Angels Are Different
- Winged Humanoid
"The sly Goblins excel at making the best possible deals and bargains. Affiliating yourself with the Goblin faction will offer you economic opportunities and allows you to benefit from larger quantities of everything."
- Magikarp Power: Start with no innate mana regeneration, the Goblins begin the game with a moderately expensive spell that lasts only 5 seconds. Eventually this no longer becomes a problem, as the Research upgrades "Conjuration" and "Berserking" allows them to cast multiple Tax Collections at once.
- Neutral Evil: Receive the Balance alignment from a second Ascension onwards.
- Useless Useful Spell: The Green Fingers Discount upgrade gives a random amount of coins every 10 (or 2 with the Discount Season Challenge reward) minutes from your assistants and buildings. It ignores boosts from spells, which are your main source of production for most of the game.
"Undead are resilient and tireless, but most importantly, they can't die. Affiliating yourself with the Undead faction will grant you a steady flow of production which increases drastically as time passes."
"The mighty and fearless Demons cannot bother with petty trifles, they only care for greatness and power. Affiliating yourself with the Demons faction will hugely improve the output of higher tier buildings."
- Chaotic Evil: Receive the Chaos alignment from a second Ascension onwards. Fitting, as their second quest shows they want to destroy everything in sight.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Hell Gate: Infernal Realms is their Unique Building, transformed from Hell Portals.
- Jerkass: In the "Infernal Realm" quest they rudely demand you build more Hell Portals in order to invade the Realm.
- The Legions of Hell: The "Burning Legion" upgrade grants assistants based on the amount of Hell Portals you own. More assistants from Overwhelm come the more evil spells are cast.
- Our Demons Are Different: Horned, humanoid and charcoal-skinned villains belonging to the Evil alignment.
"Titans were an ancient race of giant creatures with godlike powers and millennial knowledge. Affiliating yourself with the Titans faction means big numbers: they will boost every aspect of your economy to unimaginable values."
- Always Accurate Attack: Sort of. Lightning Rod makes Lightning Strike to always hit their unique building in addition to one other, random target.
- Chain Lightning: One of their unique Research upgrades is named this. The more times Lightning Strike is cast, the stronger non-targeted buildings become.
- Grandpa God: What their faction portrait resembles.
- Lawful Neutral: Receive the Order alignment from a second Ascension onwards.
- Mighty Glacier: Powerful upgrades, but no innate mana regeneration. This changes with help from their research upgrade Offering, turning them into the economic version of Lightning Bruisers.
- Shock and Awe
- Our Titans Are Different
"The wise druids of old were a group of people from all races who strove to maintain world balance with mystical discipline and powerful magic. Affiliating yourself with the Druids faction will boost your magic capabilities and reward balancing of all things."
- Circle of Standing Stones: Their Unique Building, Stonehenge.
- In the Hood
- Horned Humanoid
- Magikarp Power: The Grand Balance spell initially only boosts the lowest performing building tiers, making it less than useful. Completing all of the Druid Challenges unlocks a bonus that increases the number of tiers GB hits depending on total mana produced. Eventually, Grand Balance will boost all building tiers, making it very powerful.
- Mana Meter: Their maximum mana can grow far beyond any other faction's.
- True Neutral: Receive the Balance alignment from a second Ascension onwards.
"Little is known about the Faceless, but it is said they did not possess individual minds, instead they were all connected to a central consciousness which governed all their choices and behaviors. Affiliating yourself to the Faceless Faction will boost your production based on your past choices while giving progressively better bonuses."
- Black Speech: Spout incomprehensible gibberish that you can only decipher when spoken to telepathically.
- Chaotic Neutral: Receive the Chaos alignment from a second Ascension onwards.
- Combat Tentacles: Their assistants sprout purple tendrils.
- Eldritch Abomination
- Hive Mind
- Mook Maker: Illusion. The longer the duration of Brainwave, the more temporary assistants they get.
- Purple Is Powerful
- Stronger with Age: The more time you play as them, the stronger they become.
- Sunken City: Their Unique Building.
"The Dwarves make the best masons, artisans and blacksmiths in all the realms. Their creations will outlast anything made by other races... except for beer, that is."
"The Drow believe that any crime can go unpunished if nobody notices you did it. They value and praise perfect executions, and will reward those who plan accordingly."
- Combo: Their faction spell, Combo Strike, becomes more powerful the more times you cast it.
- Evil Counterpart: To the Elven.
- Mook Maker: Stalking produces an assistant for every hundred seconds a Combo Strike is active.
- Spiders Are Scary: Their assistants are spiders and they worship the Spider Gods.
"The Dragon is the mightiest, most imposing creature of all the realms. None may stand a chance alone against a Dragon, not even the fiercest of heroes."
- All Your Colours Combined: The Prismatic Breath reward is activated once all 5 colors are cast, causing your Reincarnations to count twice as much for all purposes.
- Breath Weapon: The Dragon's Breath comes in 5 colors, each having a different effect.
- Our Dragons Are Different: They are green, western looking winged reptiles.
- Stronger with Age: Like the Faceless, the more time you play as them, the stronger they become.
- Unskilled, but Strong: They have no affinity to any Research Facility and thus no extra slots for any of them. They don't need to, as they are the most powerful faction by raw strength alone.
"When a mercenary crosses your path, there's only one thing that can save your life: offer him more money than he can get by killing you. If you gain the favor of the mercenaries, you will be able to combine the power of all races at once."
- All Your Powers Combined: Allying with the Mercenary faction grants spells and faction upgrades from all races (including the Dragons once unlocked) for the player to mix and match, affording carte blanche on playstyle and progression.
- In the Hood
- Mechanically Unusual Class: They have no spells and tiered upgrades of their own and must instead buy them from the other races. They can also be allied with on any Alignment, each of which provides a unique upgrade.
- Mook Maker: A Good Mercenary receives the Holy Crusaders upgrade, granting more assistants as more spells are cast.
- Only in It for the Money: According to their Flavor Text. For them to offer you their services, you must pay a tribute that increases in price the longer it takes you to do so.
- Soul Power: "Mercenary Spirit" bestows a stronger production to buildings the more times you reincarnated.