A list of Characters from Realm Defense, currently under work.
An elvish princess turned rogue, Fee is the first hero you can obtain. Fee fights from afar with bow and arrow with the greatest reach of all the heroes, and can summon wolves to hinder the enemies.
- An Adventurer Is You: She's The Archer with elements of The Beastmaster.
- Archer Archetype: Being an elf princess, she fights mainly with bow and arrow, even at close range.
- Critical Hit: Kill Shot deals a massive amount of damage to a single enemy.
- Crutch Character: Vital early on, she's soon outclassed by more useful ranged heroes later on.
- Glass Cannon: Keep her away from the enemies, or at least protected by other melee heroes or troops.
- Improbable Use of a Weapon: She stabs the enemies with her arrows in melee, still holding the bow the usual way.
- In the Hood: She dons a green hood, like a Ranger.
- Long-Range Fighter: Thanks to Eagle Eye, she has the greatest range of all heroes.
- Multi Shot: Rapid Fire allows Fee to shot multiple arrows against one or more enemies.
- Our Elves Are Better: She's the first heroine you can obtain and is an Elf.
- Pointy Ears: Very long pointy ones, poking out of her hood.
- Savage Wolves: Silver, her Cool Pet, is actually a magical beast summoned from his pack of identical brothers with the Fenris Amulet.
- Summon Magic: Her basic skill let her summon a Wolf to block the enemies. Improving this skills allows her to summon more wolves.
- Warrior Princess: She's the daughter of the Elf King, but she was banished by his court and lived as a bandit for some time.
A proud paladin and exemplar knight of Pridefall, once a loyal defender of the King before he fell in disgrace because of, as rumors say, a liason with the Queen herself. He's the second free hero you can obtain and is a powerful melee tank capable of blocking enemies and heal allies.
- An Adventurer Is You: He's a Tank with traces of The Regenerator thanks to his Healing Cry.
- The Atoner: Implied to be this because of the death of his family and the affair he had with the Queen, which ended up in disgrace.
- BFS: His weapon of choice, Durandal, is a gigantic sword he can easily wield with one hand.
- The Big Guy: One of the larges and buffiest human heroes.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Shining white armor, Blue sword, glows and Sword and mantle. Yup, he's clearly the good guy.
- Combat Medic: Thanks to his Battlecry he can heal himself and the nearby units.
- Crutch Character: A good starting character who's soon overshadowed by other melee heroes.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Played as straight as a supporting beam.
- Knight in Shining Armor: To the hilt, he's even an expy of the Arthurian Lancelot.
- Megaton Punch: Fist of Judgement summons a colossal gauntlet from the heavens to crush enemies.
- My Greatest Failure: He's... not too fond of what happened between himself, the Queen and his King.
- Stab the Sky: His skill animation.
- Sword Beam: Sword Bash release a shockwave when he strikes, stunning the enemies.
- Technicolor Blade: Durandal is electric blue with a silver rim.
- Top-Heavy Guy: He has some pretty wide shoulders.
A wizard from a distant land in the sky with power over lighting and storm. Bolton excels at dealing massive damage against large groups of enemies with his bolts.
- An Adventurer Is You: He's essentially The Nuker with some traits of The Mezzer when his stunning skills kick in.
- Anime Hair: Has pointy dark gray hair and a spike-like goattee.
- The Archmage: One from a world above the clouds, self-proclaimed Master of the Storm.
- Area of Effect: All his skills safe for Chain Bolt can hit multiple enemies in a small area.
- Chain Lightning: Chain Bolt, tellingly enough.
- Glass Cannon: Can deal quite a lot of damage, but he's quite frail.
- Glowing Eyes: Complete with surging electricity.
- Grumpy Old Man: He always sounds slightly annoyed when you talk to him in the special events.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Implied to be the son of a man and a Cloud Nymph, which granted him his electrical powers.
- The Paralyzer: Shocking Orb and Lightning Bolt can stun enemies.
- Power Floats: He feels he's Too Important to Walk and floats around.
- Shock and Awe: His elemental mastery.
A ninja from a distant land, Masamune seeks to redeem his lost honor and his reputation. Masamune is better used for Hit-and-Run Tactics, especially thanks to his ability to teleport and stun enemies, as well as dealing extra damage to stunned units.
- An Adventurer Is You: He's The Blademaster, a DPS hero.
- The Atoner: He was banished from his native lands and is looking for a way to redeem his stained honor.
- BFS: His Twin Dragons is as long as he's tall.
- Fragile Speedster: He's the fastest hero and can even teleport, but dies easily if left unattended.
- Glass Cannon: Can hit pretty hard, especially if he just performed his Teleport Blast, but must employ Hit-and-Run Tactics in order to stay alive.
- Glowing Eyes: Green eyes visible under his ninja hood.
- Japanese Ranguage: Speaks with a thick accent.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His massive sword, called Twin Dragons, can inflict devastating damage to stunned enemies and make them bleed with the ability Sharp Sword.
- Meaningful Name: Named after a famous japanese sword and swordsmith.
- Mesa Crowd: Shadow Clone summons two clones that cannot harm enemies but can at least stop them.
- Ninja: Well... duh...
- Sword Plant: How he employs his katana when he perfomrs Teleport Blast.
- Teleport Spam: Teleport Blast will also stun and damage all nearby enemies, which is perfect when combined with Masamune's other skill Finish Them, which deals extra damage to stunned enemies.
- Thid Looks Like A Job For Aquaman: Thanks to his teleport, he's pretty useful against bandits, as he can immediately stop them in their tracks.
Hogan and Bacon
A woodsman whose best friend is a pig named Bacon, who fights alongside him against the invading Slimes. Despite being considered not very useful at low levels, he can become a decent damage dealer when upgraded.
- An Adventurer Is You: A Melee DPS of The Blademaster type.
- An Axe to Grind: His weapon of choice, due to the fact that he's a woodsman and it was the closest weapon he could get against the sudden invasion.
- Cool Pet: His beloved Bacon, a cute little pig that can explode on impact to damage whole groups of enemies.
- Boisterous Bruiser: He's a jolly, smiling fellow.
- Lightning Bruiser: Upon unlocking Fast Chop his movement and attack speed improves.
- Magikarp Power: As mentioned on the game's wiki, Hogan's early performance is disappointing, and it's easy to find people complaing about him on chats, but once he has powered up enough he can become a better warrior.
- Master of None: There's not really a field of skill he's extraordinair at...
- Messy Pig: Bacon, Hogan's trusty pet pig.
- Real Men Eat Meat: Averted, he's vegetarian and shocked at the insinuation that he could eat Bacon.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: Axe Toss allows him to throw his chopper at the enemies, while Bouncing Axe allows him to hit multiple enemies in a row.
A Volma from the forest, Connie fights with the help of the nature to protect the realms. She's a ranged fighter that's good for stopping several enemies, especially at chokepoints.
- Action Girl: A cute little Beast Man girl who's not afraid to fight to defend her forests.
- An Adventurer Is You: Connie has traits of The Minion Master and The Mezzler in one.
- Cute Bruiser: Adorable and quite capable of blocking hordes of enemies if well employed.
- Glass Cannon: Do not get her in melee...
- Killer Rabbit: Literally with both her and her summonable rabbits.
- Nature Hero: She presents herself as such.
- Summon Magic: She can summon a swarm of small rabbits to block multiple enemies at once, as well as turning them into Action Bomb or summon a much more powerful Bunny Mama to stop thougher enemies.
- Weapon of Choice: A slingshot. According to her, it's because the sounds it makes do not scare her animal friends.
A massive, prideful red Dragon from a distant land with a fiery temper. Not only he can fly freely across the map, he can stop flying units and bombard ground units.
- An Adventurer Is You: A Ranged DPS with traits of The Nuker, he can also act as a Tank in a pitch against flying enemies.
- Anti-Hero: The description states that he did choose good over evil, but still follows his own plans and is more of an Aloof Ally than anything else.
- Area of Effect: Inferno and Rain of Fire deal fire damage to multiple enemies.
- Blow You Away: Can summon a tornado with Mighty Gust.
- Breath Weapon: Well, of course, this is the source of Inferno.
- Giant Flyer: A massive red Dragon unit.
- Gradual Grinder: His fire attacks can cause Burn status to enemies.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: He claims that he's still nothing compared to his father.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Stat-wise he's well balanced and an excellent unit to use.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Resembles a classical red western Dragon with a jewelled breastplate. His home is a steamy jungle.
- Playing with Fire: All of his skills but one deal with fire.
An Ice Sorceress from Fjordgaard whose heart was frozen solid... literally. She excells at attacking and slowing down multiple units, both ground and flying ones.
- Absolute Cleavage: Better seen in her portrait.
- Action Girl: A sorcerous one with powers over ice.
- An Adventurer Is You: She makes a good Nuker mixed with The Mezzer thanks to her power set.
- Big Damn Heroes: In campaign mode, she appears during the battle against the Slime King to deliver the finishing blow to the behemoth when he seemingly rises from the dead.
- Glass Cannon: Her pitiful melee damage and scarce health are her weakness.
- An Ice Person: She has power over ice and frost. Also, her heart was literally turned to ice by an evil Troll.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Like Smoulder, Efrigid is well-rounded and an excellent choice due to her power set.
- Lady of Black Magic: A mistress of frost magic.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's quite beautiful and busty, compared to Fee and Malbyn.
- Mundane Utility: She plans to use her plans to defeat her enemies... and stop global warming.
- Pungeon Master: Of course, she has her share of chilling ice puns.
- Shout-Out: She also quotes Elsa.
- Winter Royal Lady: Her blue and white attire, combined with pale skin and ice scepter.
A gigantic creature of stone, gifted with incredible strength and endurance, as well as power over the rock itself. Obsidian is incredibly durable but slow-moving, and can stop enemies with his powers.
- An Adventurer Is You: Obsidian is The Tank in combat but his abilities makes him The Mezzer when it comes to crowd control.
- Area of Effect: Earth Explosion and Shake and Break. The latter covers the entire screen.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Can manipulate rocks into massive spikes or mobile mooks.
- Megaton Punch: How he initiates Shake and Break.
- Non-Indicative Name: As he reveals himself, he's not actually made of Obsidian, but of basalt.
- Power Glows: His Tron Lines and part of his arms and legs glow blue, due to his sorcerous origins.
- Rock Monster: One who can manipulate rock, summons more Rock Monsters and apparently is animated by the ghost of a Rock Sorcerer.
- Stone Wall: Great defense, great stopping power, he's also the slowest-moving of the heroes.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Even more so than Lancelot.
- Voice of the Legion: Speaks with a booming echo.
- Was Once a Man: Apparently he's the current reincarnation of a Rock Sorcerer.
A mysterious and creepy jester girl wandering the land with her Jack-in-the-Box looking for fun. And possibly her sanity. Mabyn is a good melee fighter with fast-recharging skills and good stopping capabilities.
- Action Bomb: Tik Tak Boom summons six bomb minions that explode in the face of the enemies. Occasionally she can summon airborne bombs to deal with airborne enemies.
- Action Girl: The only one who actually fights in melee.
- An Adventurer Is You: Mabyn fights like a DPS Melee, The Scrapper namely, but her abilities to invoke fear, poison and stun on enemies make her The Mezzer as well.
- Amnesiac Hero: She apparently lost her memory along with her sanity.
- An Arm and a Leg: Her left arm is completely covered in bandages. She implies it was from an accident with her own explosive boxes.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Her mind... isn't quite there.
- Companion Cube: Her Jack-in-the-Box, which she can use to strike fear into the hearts of the enemies.
- Creepy Good: Probably the creepiest of the heroes you can enlist, but she's on the side of good.
- Die Laughing: Whenever she dies, she dies laughing (or even saying that tickles).
- Drop the Hammer: She can trasnform her jester wand into a giant clown hammer to fight.
- Horrifying Hero: She can terrify enemies with her abilities and she's even introduced running after some horrified goblins who're trying to get away from her.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: She's well-versed in melee and her abilities can prove useful in many situations.
- Jump Scare: Invoked by her Jack Drop, which scares away the enemies.
- Nice Hat: A massive jester hat.
- Sexy Jester: An attractive girl in a jester outfit.
- Slasher Smile: As seen in her portrait.
- Stuff Blowing Up: She's quite talented with explosives, using either living bombs or explosive jack-in-the-boxes to deal with enemies.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: One of her quotes: "Didn't like my show? Then TRY THIS ONE!!"
The powerful and frightening King of the Desert, after you defeated him in combat he joined you agains the Anubians. Sethos is a slow-moving but powerful hero, capable of dealing massive damage to multiple enemies and endure a lot of damage.
- An Adventurer Is You: Sethos has elements of both a Tank and a Melee DPS who can deal damage to multiple foes.
- Defeat Means Friendship: You must defeat him in combat before you can hire his service.
- I Fight for the Strongest Side: The reason why he offers his service to your cause.
- Gradual Grinder: Thanks to Spiked Armor and Envenom, he can slowly damage enemies he fights.
- In the Hood: His face is clouded by his nemes headgear.
- Mighty Glacier: Slow but incredibly though and hard-hitting.
- Noble Demon: An evil king of the desert who agrees to fight the bigger threat.
- Scary Scorpions: Resembles a colossal, humanoid scorpion.
- Spikes of Villainy: They impale enemies on them, dealing damage to attackers.
- Tunnel King: Burrow Blitz allows him to move at great speed from one spot to the other, stunning all enemies caught in the Area of Effect.
- Voice of the Legion: Fittingly enough he has a demonic, echoing voice.
The Phoenix daughter of Ra, Helios was brainwashed by the Anubian, but now she serves you to atone for her sins. Helios is a powerful flying hero who can deal massive damage to multiple enemies and slow them down.
- An Adventurer Is You: Helios is definetively The Nuker with traces of The Buffer.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: As a boss, under the spell of the Anubians.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Like Sethos, she joins your forces to atone for her sins.
- Fallen Hero: Before you defeat her she was this.
- My God, What Have I Done?: She... doesn't take very well the revelation that she was forced to devastate her own land.
- The Phoenix: Helios is a massive golden and red Phoenix. She's of divine origins and lose her memory with each resurrection.
- The Power of the Sun: All her abilities and powers are tied to sunlight, sunfire and empowering the other towers or heroes.
- Resurrective Immortality: As part of her background as a Phoenix, though given the gameplay mechanics it's more of an Informed Ability.
A sorcererss from Cloudveil Caelum, she has mastered Time magic to use in combat. She's a ranged heroine who's good at supporting heroes and buffing enemies by slowing them down.
- An Adventurer Is You: Yan mixes and matches The Nuker along with The Buffer and The Mezzer.
- Brainy Brunette: She's a powerful and knowledgeable sorceress with dark hair.
- Facial Markings: Half hidden by her bangs, but they're there.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's rather attractive, has an Absolute Cleavage and the second biggest bust size in the game.
- Purple Is Powerful: She wears reddish-purple clothes and is considered one of the best heroes.
- Rapid Aging: The effects of Decrepify on enemies.
- Time Master: Her magic involves time control to slow down the enemies, make them older and weaker and buffing allies.
- Time Stands Still: Black Hole slows down all enemies in a certain area.
- Too Important to Walk: She sits on a floating throne-thing which carries her wherever she wants to go.
- Vain Sorceress: Seems quite proud of her beauty.
A mysterious dragon-like being from the netherworld with the power to control the Void, Space and Dimensions themselves. Narlax is a powerful and sturdy melee unit who can damage multiple enemies in one go.
- An Adventurer Is You: A good melee Tank who can also dish out decent damage and afflict nearby units.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite his appearence, he's one of the good guys.
- Mighty Glacier: He's much beefier than Yan.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Unlike Smoulder, Narlax vaguely resembles an eastern dragon, lacks wings or breath weapons and can travel across the Void.
- Power of the Void: His magic and specialty deals with the Void itself.
- Teleport Spam: Void Teleport allows him to quickly reach a point on the map. The resulting space rift acts as a dimensional sinkhole, dragging all enemies near him like a malestrom.
- You Will Not Evade Me: Pull of the Void forces enemies to be sucked closer to Narlax, while Void Teleport applies this effect to all the enemies in a certain area around him, which is excellent do deal with advancing masses of mooks marching towards the goal.