open/close all folders
- Voiced by: Ian James Corlett
- Accidental Pun: Zucchini is just one of the many members of the Propulsion family who has a vegetable name. Zucchini was likely going for Zachary.
- A Day in the Limelight: In "A Visit from Uncle Zucchini", "Uncle Zucchini Babysits", and "Space Junk".
- Aliens Speaking English: Is an alien and can speak English fairly well.
- American Accents: He has a Brooklyn accent, despite being a space alien.
- Amusing Alien: Much like the rest of his family.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: What else can you say about a guy whose name is Zucchini?
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: He has the biggest eyebrows of any character on the series.
- Catch Phrase: "We only have one Bortron 7, so we better take care of it!"
- Cool Uncle: Is this to Jet, especially since he's a galactic garbageman.
- The Ditz: Zucchini also qualifies for this trope, as he somehow did not know about the 3 states of matter: solid, liquid, and gas. He also confuses Titan for Earth in his debut episode.
- Demoted to Extra: Unfortunately so in season 2. While he had a handful of appearances in season 1, his appearances in season 2 are much more rare. A certain girl who wears a bear hat may or may not have something to do with this.
- Friendly Rivalry: He has this with his sister Celery, as shown in "Space Race", where they have a friendly race across the solar system. Zucchini isn't even mad that Celery won.
- Hidden Depths: "Space Junk" reveals that he's a space garbageman.
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: Zucchini sees pets taking baths in water as unorthodox, as pets are bathed in chocolate shakes on Bortron 7.
- Innocent Aliens: Is kind-hearted, along with the rest of his family.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: In spite of his occasional stupidity, he is still of the nicest aliens in the Bortronian system.
- Nice Guy: He is unfailingly friendly and loyal to everyone he meets.
- The Pollyanna: Like the rest of his family, he is perpetually optimistic.
- Trademark Favorite Food: It is revealed in "Back to Bortron 7" that he also loves the classic 3-part Bortronian meal.
- Youthful Freckles: Has these along with Eggplant, Zerk, Sean, Mitchell, and Dr. Rafferty.
- Voiced by: Ashleigh Ball (Earth Mission to Moon only), Meg Roe (Whole Lotta Shakin' onwards)
- A Day in the Limelight: In "Zerk Visits Earth".
- Aliens Speaking English: Is an alien and can speak English very well.
- Ambiguously Gay: In "Back to Bortron 7", he bats his eyes at Sean and calls him "adorable".
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Zerk is also one of the only members of the Propulsion family not to have a vegetable name.
- Big "NO!": Screams this at the end of "Whole Lotta Shakin'".
- The Bully: Is this to Jet, Sean, and Sydney in "Whole Lotta Shakin'", though he's improved in his next appearance ("Back to Bortron 7").
- Character Development:
- While still a bit annoying, in "Back to Bortron 7", he is kinder towards Jet, Sean, and Sydney, and he just adores Earth.
- In "Zerk Visits Earth", all of his negative traits are gone and he absolutely adores Earth and the Earthies.
- Competition Freak: Is very competitive, as revealed in "Whole Lotta Shakin'".
- Cool Shades: Wears them while driving in "Back to Bortron 7".
- Dark Horse Victory: In "Asteroid Belt Space Race", Eggplant and Zerk end up winning the race because of their anti-gravity fluxinators.
- Early Installment Character Design Difference: In his wristphone picture in "Whole Lotta Shakin'", he looked a lot like Jet, but with a different hairstyle. In his first physical appearance in "Back to Bortron 7", he gained his all-new permanent look: slicked-back orange hair, freckles, and a green space suit.
- Fantastic Racism: Zerk displayed this towards Sean and Sydney in "Whole Lotta Shakin'", when he says that Earthies aren't good builders. In "Back to Bortron 7", he says that Earth having one moon must be weird. This is all gone in "Zerk Visits Earth", though.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Is this to Jet, Sean, Sydney, and Mindy. Mostly because he was a racist bigot to the Earthies in the past, and he is quite irritating. The other kids only hang out with him through Proximity, as he is Jet's cousin, after all. Even though he was a lot kinder to the Earthies in that episode, everyone was actually glad when he left at the end of "Zerk Visits Earth" due to his energetic, hyperactive personality being too much for them to handle.
- Hidden Depths: "Back to Bortron 7" reveals that he is a great saucer driver, and he easily chauffeurs them from one place to another in just enough time.
- Improbable Age: He can fly a saucer despite being a kid. He's been doing this since he was 50. However, Bortron 7 may have different driving laws.
- It's All About Me: Zerk always wants to be in the spotlight. He even attempted to take credit for the "Just Add Water" song in "Back to Bortron 7".
- Jabba Table Manners: In "Back to Bortron 7", he asked the group if they wanted to see how many Figinnuz he could fit into his mouth until his mom stopped him.
- Karma Houdini: In "Asteroid Belt Space Race", Eggplant and Zerk cheat in the race by using anti-gravity fluxinators (which effectively steal gravity from the other racers), yet they win and don't get their comeuppance.
- Keet: Probably rivaling Jet. He is always hyperactive, loud, and excited about every little thing.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: In "Asteroid Belt Space Race", he claims to be an asteroid expert, when he's really not.
- Laser-Guided Karma: In "Whole Lotta Shakin'", he continually bothers Jet while calling him on the wrist-phone. At the end of the episode, Jet retaliates by tossing his wrist-phone into the vastness of space so Zerk can't bother him anymore.
- The Load: In "Asteroid Belt Space Race", Zerk proves to be this towards Eggplant. After learning a little bit about the asteroids from Sean and Sydney, Zerk believes that he is now a complete expert on the asteroid belt even though he's really not, and mixes up the directions in the process. This is later subverted, as they did win the race thanks to a device installed in Eggplant's saucer.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: In "Whole Lotta Shakin'", Celery describes Zerk as not being a typical Bortronian and she is absolutely right. Whereas most Bortronians are sweet and like to compete for fun, Zerk (at least in that episode) is a Competition Freak and constantly annoys his cousin. He was even somewhat racist to Sean and Sydney.
- Odd Name Out: He and his cousin, Jet, are the only members of their family to not have a vegetable name.
- Pinch Me: In "Zerk Visits Earth", Zerk asks Sunspot to pinch him, but not really.
- Precision F-Strike: His taking the Lord's name in vain in "Back to Bortron 7".Zerk: Oh my God, cousin, you're back on Bortron 7, I mean, just wow, I mean this is amazing. Nostalgic! Jet! Jet, Jet, Jet! Wow! God!
- Redhead In Green: He has red hair and a green space-suit.
- Telepathy: In "Whole Lotta Shakin'", Jet speculates that Zerk can his read his mind, since Zerk always seems to know what Jet's doing.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Loves the classic 3-part Bortronian meal.
- Verbal Tic: Has a verbal tic where he sounds like a Broken Record. For example: "Hi! Hi, hi, hi!"
- Youthful Freckles: Has these along with Eggplant, Zucchini, Sean, Mitchell, and Dr. Rafferty.
Moonbeam is Uncle Zucchini's alien pet, who is best friends with Sunspot, and plays guitar.
- Alien Animals: She's a weird cross between a bunny, kangaroo, dog, and cat. Zucchini even lampshades it in their debut episode.
- Big Eater: In "A Visit from Uncle Zucchini", it is mentioned that she ate Zucchini's dinner.
- Black Bead Eyes: She has these kind of eyes.
- Cool Pet: Much like Sunspot. Especially since Moonbeam can play guitar and is possibly smarter than her owner, Zucchini.
- Distaff Counterpart: Moonbeam is basically just a female version of Sunspot.
- Face Palm: Does this in her debut episode "A Visit From Uncle Zucchini" due to Zucchini's cluelessness.
- Fainting: Moonbeam faints after Sunspot winks at her in "Back to Bortron 7".
- Hidden Depths: Is a great guitar player.
- Orange/Blue Contrast: Her blue fur contrasts with Sunspot's orange fur.
- Palette Swap: Looks exactly like Sunspot, but is blue.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Come on, just look at her.
- Ship Tease: Has plenty with Sunspot. The biggest example is in "Back to Bortron 7". At one point, Sunspot flirtatiously winks at her, which causes her to faint.
- The Silent Bob: Since she can't talk, she communicates through other means.
- Silent Snarker: She does not talk, but that doesn't mean she can't snark. It's especially evident in "A Visit from Uncle Zucchini", where she is utterly annoyed at Zucchini's stupidity, and expresses it by face-palming.
- The Speechless: Like Sunspot, she does not talk and instead uses sound effects to communicate.
- The Southpaw: Moonbeam is shown to play guitar left-handed.
- Straight Man: To Uncle Zucchini, given that she is the smarter of the two.
- True Blue Femininity: She has blue fur, though it sometimes looks purple.
- Voiced by: Tabitha St. Germain.
- Accidental Pun: Like many other members of the Propulsion family, she has a vegetable name. She was likely going for Agatha, or perhaps Edna.
- Aliens Speaking English: Is an alien, and can speak English well.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: "Eggplant" is certainly an impressive name.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Just look at her.
- Bearer of Bad News: Eggplant is the person who tells Carrot and Celery that after they do their presentation, they will have to leave Earth forever.
- Cool Aunt: She appears to be this to Jet.
- Dick Dastardly Stops to Cheat: In season 2's "Asteroid Belt Space Race", she stops at one point to use her anti-gravity fluxinators, a device that sucks the gravity out of the other saucers. Using this, she and Zerk end up winning the race, making this a subversion of the trope.
- Hartman Hips: Has these kind of hips.
- Foreshadowing: Her lines in the song "Space Racin'" foreshadow to her having anti-gravity fluxinators installed in her saucer."Well, boosters and carbifonators may sound good, but I've got something special sittin' under my hood"
- Flat Character: So far, not much is known about her other than she is a travel writer like Carrot and Celery. This isn't helped by her limited screen-time.
- Multicolored Hair: Eggplant has several blonde streaks in her hair.
- Odd Name Out: She is the only member of her immediate family whose name does not start with "Z".
- Redhead In Green: She has red hair and a green space-suit.
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: The Bortronians look exactly like humans, but have stretchy bodies and very thin faces.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Loves the classic 3-part Bortronian meal.
- Youthful Freckles: Has these along with Sean, Mitchell, Dr. Rafferty, Zerk, and Zucchini.
- Voiced by: Ian James Corlett
Face 9000's younger brother, who only appears in "A Kid's Guide to Mars".
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Face 9000.
- Big Brother Bully: In this case, Little Brother Bully, due to constantly picking a fight with his older brother.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: He only appeared in "A Kid's Guide to Mars", and then was never seen or mentioned again.
- The Noseless: He doesn't have a nose.
- Palette Swap: He looks just like his brother, but is orange.
- Parental Favoritism: At least in his eyes. In the episode he's featured in, he says that his and Face 9000's mom said that the former "knows everything".
- Sibling Rivalry: With Face 9000.
- The Smart Guy: Like his brother, he is fairly smart.