Tomokui Kanata / Rou
The protagonist. He starts as a human in a sci-fi universe with the esper ability [Absorption], which lets him eat anything and permanently gain some of its skills or general properties as a result. After being unceremoniously murdered one night by a Childhood Friend / stalker named Kirimine Aoi, he wakes up as a goblin. Deciding he's been reincarnated, he decides to live his second life to the fullest extent.
- Acquired Poison Immunity: The ability [Poison Resistance] gained from eating a Night Viper, in addition to the total immunity granted to Rou from his [Absorption] nullifying, restructuring, and rendering any toxins within his body harmless and edible to consume.
- The Alcoholic: If there is one thing Rou enjoys more than anything else it's a good drink. On the days when he isn't fighting, training or traveling he can mostly be seen enjoying a nice alcoholic beverage. Even on his particularly slower days he often laments on being forced to stay away from his favorite Elven wine due to various circumstances.
- All Webbed Up: The ability [Spider Thread Creation] gained from eating a [Demon Spider]. It grants Rou the ability to secrete spider thread from his finger tips. This ability is upgraded upon eating an [Argiope] and learning [Golden Thread Creation], which secretes heavier thread that eliminates the previous weakness of being susceptible to fire with the added bonus of being impossible cut through.
- An Arm and a Leg: He loses his left arm in a battle with a Hind Bear subspecies, Lord of the Mountain - [Red Bear].
- Arrow Catch: When a hostile Elf launches an arrow at Rou when he threatens their leader he succeeds in promptly catching it. With his teeth no less.
- Artificial Limbs: After successfully saving Velvet's tomb from greedy adventurers at Returner's request Rou comes into possession of [Silver Artificial Arm - Airgeatlamh], a [Legendary] class [Artifact] that replaces his lost left arm and is fundamentally impossible to destroy.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: The Goblin Community, and by extension Parabellum, all follow Rou because he is the undisputed strongest amongst them. This is actually enforced in Day 81 where Rou consecutively curb stomps a rowdy group consisting of Lords, Half Lords, Half Drago-Newts, Dhampirs and Ape Men that attempt to usurp his position as leader.
- Bag of Spilling: After reincarnating into a goblin, Rou soon realizes he's lost all of the abilities he's gained from his past life except [Absorption].
- The Beastmaster: The [Job - Monster Tamer] allows Rou to rewrite a defeated monster's brain and turn it into one's Familiar who can communicate with the beast through Telepathy.
- Benevolent Boss: Aside from his horrific appetite and brutal training methods Rou is actually quite the kind leader when one doesn't slight him. He trains his fellow Goblins to become stronger warriors, rewards them for ranking up and doesn't punish or stop anyone when they decide to leave his command. In fact he gives them a parting gift before leaving. He also saves the Kobolds from Undead Skeletons in Day 60 and allows them to join his group after losing their previous home.
- Blade on a Stick: Rou gains a halberd after raiding an Orc mining base and successfully slaughtering the Orc Leader of the base. After coming into possession of the treasure within Velvet's tomb Rou obtains the [Legendary] class [Artifact] [Starving Impaler of a Thousand Thorn (Kazikli Bey)], a vermilion long spear.
- Blow You Away: Rou gains [Aero Master] after eating a number of Wind Spirit stones.
- Cannibalism Superpower: His esper ability, [Absorption], gives him the ability to eat anything with a physical property, assimilate, absorb into himself and gain additional abilities corresponding to what he consumed. In addition if he consumes a being stronger than him he can acquired multiple abilities at once. Lastly, he'll gain abilities much more easily if he consumes the heart or brain of a freshly-killed being and can even strengthen acquired abilities if he consumes the original ability multiple times.
- Chekhov's Skill: The ability [Stench] gained from eating an Orc was regarded as a useless skill back when Rou first obtained it, but during his battle against a [Red Bear], it turned out to be exceptionally useful when the [Red Bear] managed to bite him by making it retreat in anguish by odor.
- Chick Magnet: Without really intending to, he manages to attract the feelings of Mi, as well as all five of the human women living in the Goblin Community. They're remarkably okay with sharing him. Later on in his adventures he gains the affections of several other women including a Dryad, Female Knight, First Queen (of the Sternbild Kingdom) and Hero of the Darkness.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: To the hobgoblin leader and his Mooks that attempted to rape Redhead and the rest of the peddler Mooks to various forms of torture such as gagging them and cutting off the tips of their fingers bit by bit and cauterizing the wound. For the hobgoblin leader he decides to burn his arm, torment him with water, and trap him under a heavy stone and whip him till the break of dawn. He performs all of these methods while healing their wounds and vitality to keep them at the very brink of death.
- Cold Sniper: Fitting with his Combat Pragmatist fighting style, Rou often snipes very powerful opponents he wouldn't otherwise want to bother to fight head on or to obtain an easy kill, such as the Giant King of the Fomorians in Day 107.
- Combat Clairvoyance: The ability [Predict] gained from eating a Kobold. Rou describes it as an ability to perceive enemy attack trajectories as red threads, allowing him to conveniently dodge and counter said attack.
- Combat Pragmatist: Rou often employs the use of guerrilla warfare to defeat enemies that he can't overcome with strength or numbers. A good example of this is in Day 78 where Rou snipes a powerful general of the Sternbild Kingdom from afar rather than engage him in close combat where he would be at a disadvantage.
- Combo Platter Powers: Due to his [Absorption] Rou's repertoire of abilities are immensely vast and will continue to increase the more and more eats.
- Damage Reduction: Due to the effects of [Absorption] Rou becomes stronger, faster, and more enduring the more he consumes. This is further compounded with the multiple elemental resistances he gains from eating various elemental Spirit stones.
- Death Glare: The ability [Evil Eye] gained from eating a Night Viper, which can be used in conjunction with [Threatening Roar] to scare an enemy into submission. In addition, [Intimidating Glare] gained from eating a Lord of the Mountain - [Red Bear]. Taken to a literal conclusion with the synthesized Black Ogre's Evil Eye.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Rou gains [Earth Control] after eating a number of Earth Spirit stones.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: After some begging from the rest of the goblins of his generation to train them after seeing his quick evolution into a Hobgoblin, he trains them in this regard. He beats them to the brink of death to establish the fact that he is now the leader and after steady recuperation he beats the basics of combat into them with rigorous daily training. In addition if he overhears someone acting overconfident of their abilities he beats to them into submission to remind them of the fact that there's always someone above you.
- Due to the Dead: Rou has a tendency to pay respects to any being that hasn't been regarded as his enemy by burying or cremating their bodies to prevent animals from feeding on their corpses. Of course he takes some payment before the deed as compensation for the deed.
- Exact Words: He tells the Elves that won the mock battle against his goblins that he promised he wouldn't kill them, he didn't promise to release them. After all, unlike the oppressed Rubellia and peddlers, the Elves had the impunity to attack them and become their enemy.
- Experienced Protagonist: Thanks to his [Absorption] ability and vast repertoire of knowledge gained from his previous life, he easily outmatches his entire community at almost everything, except Kichi's raw physical power and Mi's speed.
- Extreme Omnivore: Due to [Absorption], Rou can gain additional abilities by consuming inanimate weapons, with certain abilities granted to him depending on the quality, how it was used and his attachment towards the item.
- Familiar: He gains two in Day 58, a Black Wolf Leader named Kurosaburou and a Hind Bear named Kumajirou.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Singlehandedly managed to create long range communication ear cuffs imbued with his blood that are impossible to remove and grant the wearer several lesser abilities when in danger. An incredible feat as Rubellia claims that tools for long range communication aren't widely known or even practical. He takes this further once he establishes Parabellum as a mercenary group of monsters for hire, mass-producing magical business cards that can be used by prospective clients to instantly contact him about jobs.
- Hammerspace: After Rou consumes [Backpack Storage (Large) x6] and [Hermit's Ring] he gains the ability to store up to 1200 different items and stack up to 99 of the same name items.
- Healing Hands: After consuming the heart of one of the deceased imprisoned human women he gained the [Job - Druid], which allows him to heal the wounds of others up to a certain extent.
- Healing Factor: After drinking a special and rare elixir created by Elves, due to Absorption, Rou's blood becomes the elixir, granting his blood the property to heal fatal diseases and heal people close to death.
- Heroic Neutral: For a given value of "hero", at any rate. He never involves himself in a matter unless he's threatened or has something to gain from the action, otherwise it's not his concern.
- Horned Humanoid: After his [Rank Up] into a [Ogre: Rare Variant].
- Insane Troll Logic: Employs it now and again when his moral code is on shaky ground.
- Instant Armor: After gaining the ability [Exoskeleton] Rou is able to generate a stagbeetle like carapace around his entire body.
- Jack-of-All-Stats / Lightning Bruiser: In contrast to fellow goblin Kichi Rou's growth focuses on equal allocation of all his stats, leaving no weaknesses while leaving him with no real strengths. He makes up for his lack of strengths by relying on his vast repertoire of abilities to overwhelm and confuse his opponents leading to swift victories.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's quite selfish, greedy and strict to almost everybody, but he cares for his men, and shows some affection for his lovers and Kichi. He says it's because he's no longer human, he's allowed to be morally loose.
- The Leader: With his quick thinking and inventive crafting, Rou is soon begged by all of the goblins from his generation into training in exchange for his leadership of the group. His leadership skills are only further enhanced by the abilities [Pack Leadership] and [Pack Hunting Proficiency] he gained from eating a Black Wolf Leader that allows him to identify and best utilize the strength of those under him and lead all allies efficiently respectively. With the creation of Parabellum he leads as a level headed and mastermind leader, often being the The Strategist and planning the ambushes and tactics used that allow them to defeat enemies in far greater numbers and turn the tide of entire wars.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: The ability [Shell Defense] gained from eating a [Armored Tanuki].
- Made a Slave: Rou gains the power to forcibly invoke this with his [Enslave] ability, which he utilizes on his newest recruits until he believes he can trust them. Those under the effects of [Enslave] cannot lie or withhold information from Rou.
- Made of Iron: Due to the various resistances Rou gains from his consumption via Absorption he can take an unholy amount of damage that can easily maim or kill a regular monster of his same class. Even without abilities after Rou's [Rank Up] into an [Ogre: Rare Variant] he can shrug off getting stabbed in the heart with a knife, and after his next rank up, knives can't even pierce his skin.
- Magikarp Power: By Rou's own admission he confesses that the ability [Absorption] itself is not very strong, but by continuously eating various beings and creatures it eventually becomes unstoppable.
- Making a Splash: Rou gains [Hydro Hand] after eating a number of Water Spirit stones.
- Mercy Kill: After becoming a Hobgoblin Rou decides to use his newly granted access to the imprisoned human women to secretly give them a vial of deadly poison to grant them option to take their own lives or continue to be raped and used to breed more goblins.
- Mighty Roar: The ability [Threatening Roar], which can be used in conjunction with [Evil Eye] to scare an enemy into submission. In addition, [Lord of the Mountain's Piercing Roar] gained from eating a subspecies of Hind Bear, a Lord of the Mountain - [Red Bear]. Later on these abilities are synthesized into the powerful [Black Demon's Roar].
- Mook Maker: Rou gains the ability to summon skeletons with the ability [Lesser Undead Generation] and later on summon giants with the ability [Lesser Giant Generation]. These creatures have no will of their own, and the giants won't even defend themselves when attacked unless Rou orders them to defend themselves.
- Moral Myopia: Rou has a habit of condemning a certain group for committing actions he deems unforgivable while not batting an eyelash doing those same actions later in the story. An example of this is when he saw the first batch of human sex slaves when he was born he decided to provide them a Mercy Kill to put them out of their misery. Later on in the story when he captures some enemy Elves and human prisoners of war he decides to keep them for the sake of pleasure and reproduction. He uses a powerful aphrodisiac on them and doesn't rape them until they give in to their urges, but it's obviously still rape.
- Omniglot: Rou can gain the ability to speak in different languages depending on the type of being he has consumed.
- Panacea: His blood becomes this when he ingested an elven elixir with powerful medicinal properties. Considering that Sternbilt Empire started the war with the elves using their need for this medicine as an excuse, he takes precautions to keep anyone from learning what his blood is capable of.
- Panicky Expectant Father: In a rather out of character moment Rou immediately becomes nervous on Day 106 when Felicia and Alma's stomach immediately swell out of nowhere due to her impending births of their Ogre children. His panic is wholly justified as Gobujii directly states that an Ogre child is twice the size of a human child and if they're born and their human mother is too small they will inadvertently force their way out of their mother's belly.
- Playing with Fire: Rou gains the ability [Pyrokinesis] after eating a number of Fire Spirit stones.
- Poisonous Person: The ability [Snake Venom Administration] gained from eating a [Night Viper] allows Rou to secrete poison through his weapons to gain a poisonous edge, and later consumes a [Green Slime] to obtain [Self Body-Fluid Control], which allows him to turn his sweat into a potent acid. He can even change the type of chemical he can secrete, including not just deadly poisons but also muscle relaxant, anesthetic, and even aphrodisiac.
- Power Perversion Potential: Rou soon learns on Day 43 that he can use [Self-Body Fluid Control] to turn his body fluid into an aphrodisiac and [Metamorphosis] to transform his limbs into tentacles to conduct an orgy between himself and all the members of his harem.
- Power Tattoo: Rou gains red flame-like tattoos across his body these after his [Rank Up] into an [Ogre: Rare Variant].
- Pragmatic Villainy: Despite his brutal approach for power and Kick the Dog tendencies Rou can intelligently identify which actions he can take would spell disaster for him even with his powers. He can tell that by killing the head of the Human army that threatens Father Elf's village would cause the army to raze the village to the ground and ruin his business relationship with Father Elf, so he decides to instead duplicate the potion and secretly give it to the head of the army so they may stand down. In addition he decides against killing his human prisoners of war that fought valiantly for his side and instead sends them home with the condition Mi brainwashes them to be spies to collect information from their respective kingdoms and empires.
- Red Baron: After his [Rank Up] into an Apostle Lord he acquires the True Name: Yatendouji or Night Sky's Child.
- Self-Duplication: The ability [Self-Replication] gained from eating a [Gray Slime]. It allows Rou to spill a little blood that transforms into a miniature version of himself, which is connected with Rou granting him a link that allows him to see what the clone sees and relay mental commands. The clones are also capable of utilizing any of Rou's abilities such as [Infused Liquid Restoration], an ability also gained from the [Gray Slime], that allows it to recover from debilitating injuries by absorbing a necessary amount of water.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: The ability [Metamorphosis] gained from eating a [Green Slime] allows Rou to shapeshift his arms into whips and can prevent the loss of any limb so long as he has shifted into slime beforehand.
- Shock and Awe: Rou gains the ability [Electromaster] after eating a number of Thunder Spirit stones.
- Sliding Scale of Leadership Responsibility: He started, mentally anyway, as The Magneto, but in practice he is the Theoden, best exemplified when the kobolds were attacked by skeletons; he didn't participate in order to have the lower level goblins be trained while having healers and relief fighters at the ready to switch them out and recuperate.
- Spam Attack: The ability [Triple Stab] gained from eating a [Three-Horned Horse]. In addition, [Aporou Combat Arts 100 Blossoms 1000 Spears].
- Spell Crafting: An In-Universe variation when Rou acquires [Synthesis]. When synthesizing abilities it taxes Rou's body mentally and physically, the weaker the abilities used the less of a cost needed to pay to complete the process. In addition he can imbue synthesized abilties into objects which makes the process irreversible but allows him to retain the separate abilities.
- Spider-Sense: The ability [Presence Sensor] gained from eating a Night Viper. Which is extremely useful in situations enemies try to sneak up on him when his guard is down, allowing him to counterattack with precision.
- The Strategist: Rou's strongest attribute is his intelligence. His use of guerrilla warfare, analyzing his enemies, extensive preparation in equipment and abilities allows him to defeat enemies far stronger than himself and is a key role in his [Rank Up] throughout the story.
- Tactical Withdrawal: The ability [Escape] gained from consuming a Horned Rabbit.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: After becoming an [Ogre: Rare Variant].
- Theme Naming: Goburou -> Ogarou -> Aporou -> Obarou.
- Vampiric Draining: The ability [Vampiric Exploitation] gained from eating a Seven-Colored Bat. It allows Rou to bypass a target's defensive strength and drain their blood to be used as his own. This prevents Rou from immediately dying from blood loss after having his left arm torn off by a [Red Bear].
- Villain Protagonist: At his worst Rou is this. In the beginning of the story Rou doesn't care much for anyone but himself and views those that began to work under him as sacrificial pawns to survive. He gladly enslaves, kills and tortures anyone he can if the action leads to a beneficial end. Rou himself even lampshades his actions when dealing with a hostile group of elite Elves. After some time he gains a soft spot for his long time friends, lovers and children but he's still willing to murder innocent human adventurers for the sake of gaining powerful new abilities.
The first goblin companion Rou makes after he's reincarnated. Rou befriends him with the intention of using him as a sacrificial pawn and later as he grows stronger to serve as his right hand man. He later takes charge of the goblins with high offensive and defensive strength and is assigned as the commander of the armed goblin corps, "Revolution", who specialize in engaging the enemy from the front.
- An Axe to Grind: After his evolution into a Hobgoblin his main weaponry consists of broad battleaxes.
- Breath Weapon: After his [Rank Up] into a [Ogre: Variant] Kichi was blessed with the [Demigod of Fire's Divine Protection], which gives him the ability to breathe fire.
- Can't Catch Up: Kichi often sinks into depression every time Rou manages to [Rank Up], due to the large difference in their strengths. He doesn't stay in this state for very long because he soon rigorously trains himself to [Rank Up] to lessen the gap.
- Carry a Big Stick: His first weapon of choice for Kichi is a crude wooden club.
- Chrome Champion: In addition to the [Demigod of Fire's Divine Protection] gained from his [Rank Up] into a [Ogre: Variant], his skin begins to shine with a metallic luster, indicating a second blessing by the [Demigod of War's Divine Protection].
- Dumb Muscle: What his role essentially becomes under Rou's leadership. Kichi's not too bright and as he grows stronger under the [Rank Up] system his evolution focuses on bolstering his defense and enhance physical strength, making him easy to manipulate and Rou's ideal vanguard when entering combat.
- Elemental Weapon: After subjugating the orc mining base Kichi comes into possession of a [Crescent Axe] embedded with Fire Spirit stones which allows the [Crescent Axe] to gain the [Flame Blade] property, giving the axe a fiery edge.
- Healing Factor: Minokichi can heal protruding broken bones and punctures organs within seconds. His recovery power is said to be so powerful it rivals even Aporou's.
- The Juggernaut: In addition to his Lightning Bruiser attributes as a [Minotaur] Kichi is also capable of enduring an unholy amount of damage and continue fighting, with stamina so strong even Rou is astonished and left in sweat from exhaustion. Such examples include surviving Rou's Black Ogre's Evil Eye and Rou's enhanced [Giant King's Iron Hammer], which could even obliterate a powerful Fomorian in a single blow.
- The Lancer: Kichi serves as this in by keeping Rou on his toes during their spars. Despite Rou's many abilities Kichi is able to blow through them with his raw physical stats and while Kichi has yet to win a fight, Rou is a appreciative of the effort it takes as it helps him grow.
- Lightning Bruiser: As a [Minotaur] Kichi is strong enough to throw Rou around, tough enough to tank a blow from Airgeatlamh and fast enough to go beyond the speed of sound.
- Lightning/Fire Juxtaposition: Due to his [Divine Protection of the Demigod of Fire] and [Divine Protection of the God of Thunder] Kichi can meld both the elements of lightning and fire to grant himself thunderous lightning flames.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Due to Rou's influence Kichi begins to have access to a large array of shields throughout the story.
- Mighty Glacier: Kichi's evolution under the [Rank Up] system is geared towards becoming a being that embodies devastating physical strength and endurance, and with Rou's help, he becomes equipped with heavy armor, shields, and two handed weaponry that give him immense offensive and defensive power far surpassing that of Rou.
- Mighty Roar: As a [Minotaur] Kichi's roars are so powerful that weaker minds faint from just the impact.
- Playing with Fire: Kichi's [Divine Protection of the Demigod of Fire] allows him to manipulate white flames from his very body and Kichi becomes so proficient in his ability than he can even burn Rou, who has several resistances against flames.
- Red Baron: His evolution into a [Minotaur] rewarded him with the title 'Lightning Bull Emperor of Keraunos'.
- Ship Tease: With E. He confides in Rou about how to confess to her and he offers advice and even proposes to practice sex with one of their elves so he wouldn't accidentally break E with his new found Ogre strength. On Day 65, he and E become an Official Couple.
- Shock and Awe: During his [Rank Up] into a [Minotaur] he also gained the [God of Lightning's Blessing], allowing him to combine golden thunder with his attacks and clad his body in the same element for defense.
- Theme Naming: Gobukichi -> Ogakichi -> Minokichi.
The first female goblin Rou encounters after Kichi, Mi has an attraction towards Rou because, in her eyes, he's very handsome compared to other goblins. Rou recruits her into his party after giving him well needed information. Mi gathers the goblins that were lacking in close range combat and was assigned the commander of "Tirard", a fighting unit armed with bows and crossbows.
- Anger Born of Worry: After Rou's [Rank Up] into an [Ogre: Rare Variant] she promptly kicks Rou in the shin for suddenly disappearing in the middle of nowhere to go fight a [Red Bear]. The kick hurt her a lot more than it did Rou, though, who barely even felt it.
- An Ice Person: In addition to her [Rank Up] into a Dhampir - Variant she also acquired the ability [God of Ice's Divine Protection], which allows her to generate large amounts of ice with little risk to herself.
- The Archer: Becomes one after her [Rank Up] into a Hobgoblin. She is later given [Failnaught], an [Ancient] class [Artifact] bow that utilizes materialized arrows as ammo which makes each shot a [Certain Hit] toward their target.
- Berserk Button: She was downright furious and wasn't as forgiving as Rou when they successfully fended off an assassination by their fellow goblins in the midst of the night.
- BFS: After her [Rank Up] into a Dhampir - Variant Mi begins to use [Drop of Moonlight], an enchanted claymore decorated with ice crystals that she can wield with one hand.
- Bishōnen Line: She began as a small goblin Rou thought unnoticeable and plain but after [Rank Up] into a Dhampir - Variant and above she gains a more human appearance and becomes much more beautiful.
- Boyish Short Hair: Her hair is rather short and shaggy which is unusual compared to Rou and Kichi, who are bald during their time as goblins, until their [Rank Up] into hobgoblins. Until her next [Rank Up].
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Mi wasn't too ecstatic upon witnessing Rou coming back from hunting and having clear evidence of his affairs with a [Dryad] on his neck. She also wasn't too happy walking in on Rou and Spinel getting intimate and firmly demanded him to include her in the ensuing intimacy.
- Cuddlebug: Often glomps Rou when he rewards her or happens to do her a good deed.
- Daywalking VampireNormally the undead body of a Vampire would carry a weakness to the sun but because she became a [Dhampir - Subspecies] she lacks said trait.
- Hypnotic Eyes: Her [Rank Up] into a Dhampir - Variant grants her the [Eyes of Bewitchment], allowing her to hypnotize weak willed enemies into doing her bidding.
- Identical Stranger: When she becomes a [Dhampir - Variant], Rou notices that she looks familiar but can't seem to place where. though never mentioned again, it is implied that Mi has an appearance similar to someone from his past life.
- Knife Nut: In addition to her long range equipment she's also equipped with an obsidian knife crafted by Rou.
- Lady of War: Rou notes she's quite beautiful and majestic on the battlefield while ripping enemies apart in a shower of blood and gore.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: A rare example of this not being Played for Laughs as Mi gets groped up by a drunk villager in Day 104 and Rou only barely manages to stop her from beating the man to death.
- Power Limiter: After her [Rank Up] into a [Dhampir - Variant] Mi begins to wear special glasses that are able to seal the effects of her Hypnotic Eyes.
- Power Tattoo: Gains a black tattoo, not unlike Rou's, on her leg after her [Rank Up] into a Dhampir - Variant.
- Situational Sexuality: Mi is only really attracted to Rou but will willingly enjoy a slave with him. This is especially true if done as punishment as one of their female prisoners tried to assassinate Rou in his sleep.
- Suffer the Slings: Her first weapon of choice was a simple staff sling, with stones as her ammunition.
- Theme Naming: Gobumi -> Dhammi -> Kanami.
- Top Wife: Unlike the five human women of Parabellum who hold [Consort of the Overlord], Mi holds that title [Formal Wife of the Overlord], indicating her position among the harem's hierarchy.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Even before they became an official couple, Gobumi nearly twisted the neck of one of the Goblins that attacked Rou at end of Day 12.
One of the most influential goblins in Rou's generation and the goblin that was at the very head among the group that begged Rou to train them to become stronger. After her [Rank Up] into a Hobgoblin she collected those judged by Rou who lacked combat ability to belong to any of the other combat groups and trained them in defensive power, cooking, and repairing broken equipment, and is assigned commander of the logistical corp "Patri".
- Dishing Out Dirt: Because of her hobby of mining in the caves she gained an affinity to the earth and gained a [Rank Up] into a Half Earth Lord, allowing her to manipulate earth, making it easier to mine and release devastating earth based attacks.
- Human Pack Mule: When she first joins Rou's party she is assigned to carry their luggage while they hunt monsters.
- Powerful Pick: After the subjugation of the orc mining base and being tasked with leading a group of goblins to continue the mining operation E has taken to using a pick axe as her main weapon for combat, even using one after her [Rank Up] into a Hobgoblin.
- Power Tattoo: Gains a black tattoo, not unlike Rou's, on her arm after her [Rank Up] into a Half Earth Lord.
- Sex Is Violence: In Day 78 Rou notes her reaction to crushing and imploding the bodies of human soldiers on the battlefield, in addition to cheerful laughing, she let out many... excited sounds.
- She's All Grown Up: After her [Rank Up] into a Half Earth Lord the normally small and slender E became as tall as Rou, gained a muscular physique and became noticeably more endowed.
- Ship Tease: With Kichi. They become an Official Couple on Day 65.
- Suffer the Slings: Adopts Mi's staff sling after she becomes a Hobgoblin.
- Super Strength: After her [Rank Up] into a Half Earth Lord she gains enough physical might to crush stones with her bare hands.
- Tagalong Kid: In a visual manner speaking, when E is introduced and recruited into Rou's party she is fairly small when compared to Rou, Kichi, and Mi due to the [Rank Up] system evolving them into fully grown Hobgoblins.
- Theme Naming: Gobue -> Asue.
One of the recent goblins to join Rou's [Goblin Community] after his [Rank Up] into a Hobgoblin, Sei is one of the few rare goblin mages and explained to Rou the basics of utilizing magic. Sei is assigned the commander of the magic wielding unit "Magician" and tasked with training any goblins that show any proficiency in magic.
- Badass Bookworm: She's often seen in her spare time quietly reading books of magic but on the battlefield she can rack up a kill count on par with Kichi.
- Black Mage: Sei is one of the few goblins that have learned magic and gained proficiency within the art, capable of casting fireballs destructive enough to incinerate several men at once.
- Blow You Away: After her [Rank Up] she's capable of conjuring a powerful vortex of wind around herself, tearing apart scores of enemies that happen to approach her.
- Horned Humanoid: After her [Rank Up] into a Half Spell Lord she gains a more human appearance with two small horns.
- Power Tattoos: She gain tattoos across her body, not unlike Rou's, after becoming a Half Spell Lord.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: She's the Blue Oni to Sato's Red Oni as she's much more cool and stoic demeanor to contrast to Sato's playful and enthusiastic.
- Theme Naming: Hobusei -> Supesei.
- Those Two Girls: She is often seen alongside her partner Sato.
- Tsurime Eyes: Rou notes after her [Rank Up] her eyes take more of this shape to show her intelligence.
Another fellow goblin newcomer alongside Sei to join Rou's [Goblin Community] after his [Rank Up] into a Hobgoblin, Sato gathered goblins that specialized in a high offensive "hit and run" fighting style and is assigned to be commander of the "Red Surge", that turned said group of goblins into a lightly armed combat corps that specialized in mobility.
- Bloody Murder: Her [Rank Up] into a Half Bloody Lord allows her to manipulate her blood and the blood of others for devastating attacks.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: She's the Red Oni to Sei's Blue Oni as she's much more playful and enthusiastic to contrast to Sei's more cool and stoic demeanor.
- Power Tattoo: Gains a black tattoo, not unlike Rou's, on her back after her [Rank Up] into a Half Bloody Lord.
- Theme Naming: Hobusato -> Burasato.
- Those Two Girls: She is often seen alongside her partner Sei.
A goblin that experienced a [Rank Up] and became a Hobgoblin with a rare quality as a Cleric. With his arrival, Ji is made captain of "Priere", a medical unit established by Rou to heal the injured when Rou is unavailable.
- Barrier Warrior: His [Rank Up] into a Half Saint Lord grants him the innate ability to project a field of light around him, strong enough to tank 20 of Rou's Ogre based strikes, albeit without the use of abilities.
- Power Tattoo: After his [Rank Up] into a Half Saint Lord he gains black tattoos on the backs of his hands, not unlike Rou's.
- Mystical White Hair: He gains long silver colored hair when he becomes a Half Saint Lord, as a mark of his increased magical talents.
- Theme Naming: Hobuji -> Seiji.
- White Mage: Unlike Sei, Ji is a goblin whose magic proficiency lies within support and healing, rather than outright offense.
First introduced as a background female Hobgoblin, she experienced a [Rank Up] straight to Ghoul due to her love of eating zombies.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Her consumption of slain enemies is the exact opposite of unique in this setting. What sets her apart is her avid preference for undead and/or rotted corpses.
- Our Ghouls Are Creepier: It's her eventual promotion. They are made when a goblin eats flesh charged with necromantic power, becoming pseudo-undead with dark powers. She's also just has a very offputting personality.
- Power Tattoos: After her [Rank Up] to Ghoul, she gains some on her calves, not unlike Rou's.
- Token Evil Teammate: Hints at becoming this down the line. Rou is genuinely worried she might try to eat his soul, and the first time she enters a conversation with the other characters, she not-so-subtly tries to set Kichi against Rou by reminding him of how he Can't Catch Up.
- Theme Naming: Hobuki -> Guruki
- Your Soul Is Mine: Her unique power as a Ghoul.
A background female hobgoblin who is properly introduced after her [Rank Up] to a Dodomeki
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: Is basically in charge of keeping Uki in line. It's implied that this is what had her Rank Up into a Dodomeki as all those Extra Eyes come in handy.
- Extra Eyes: After becoming a Dodomeki she has at least; three on her forehead, three on her upper back, three on her upper chest, and rows on rows down her arms. Rou is actually freaked out enough to ask her to keep all the new ones closed.
- Power Tattoos: After her [Rank Up] to Dodomeki, she gains some in her knees.
- Shrinking Violet: Very demure, and Rou admits with chagrin he never took notice of her outside of seeing her hovering behind Hobuji occasionally.
- Theme Naming: Hobume->Dodome
- Utility Magic: As a Dodomeki, Rou claims she has great spellcasting potential, but with focus on support magic.
Rubellia Walline / Redhead
A member of The Sword of the Weak, an adventurer association consisting on young adventurers whose main policy was to nurture the strength of their individuals by mutual support. Rubellia requested to guard the peddler group, Star God's Pavilion, for payment and experience as a recent holder of the [Job - Warrior], to their departure towards the defensive city of <<Trent>>.
- Anger Born of Worry: She isn't as obvious with her anger compared to Mi but when she sees Rou after his encounter with the [Red Bear] she promptly pinches him roughly.
- Break the Cutie: It was already traumatic having the rest of her traveling group slaughtered by goblins and captured by said goblins but after Rou saves them from said group and subjugates them they still go against Rou's orders and try to rape Rubellia and the rest of the peddlers in the midst of the night, only to be narrowly rescued by Rou due to his [Presence Sensor].
- Clingy Jealous Girl: After seeing the evidence of Rou's affair with a [Dryad] she simply puffs her cheeks and turns away from him.
- A Day in the Limelight: Gaiden Side Story 1 focuses on Rubellia's quest with the Sword of the Weak, escorting Star God's Pavilion to <<Trent>>, their ambush by Goblins and her first meeting with Rou, all from her Point of View.
- Do Not Go Gentle: In Gaiden Side Story 1, she knows that she's no match for the Bandit Hobgoblin and knows her fate if she gives up so decides that she's not going be used and die like an animal.
- Hellish Pupils: When utilizing Noire Soldier her eyes turn red and pupils turn rectangular, resembling that of a monster's.
- Horror Hunger: Aside from the rapid increase in power brought by Noire Soldier, the [Job] holds a substantial risk that the user's body will rapidly deteriorate and die unless they consume a regular intake of monster meat or blood.
- Knife Nut: Her weapon of choice is a steel kukri knife and three ring daggers for backup.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: She utilizes a [Normal] class Round Shield used by goblin infantry.
- Mutagenic Food: Rubellia's [Job], [Noire Soldier], is a rare job that can be obtained when someone with the [Job - Warrior], after increasing their affinity to monsters, eats a monster they killed themselves.
- Parental Abandonment: Both her parents died before the story began.
- Power Glows: Her sword and her shield glows when she utilizes them in her Combat Arts.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The first sign shown when she gained her new [Job], Noire Soldier.
- Rescue Romance: After Rou saves her from the goblin raid that ambushed her group she is noticeably more cheerful in his presence, cheerful towards him even before the other peddler girls. After saving her again from the same goblins she takes to even sneaking into his bed within the night and using his body as an arm-pillow.
- Took a Level in Badass: When Rubellia was first introduced she was level 8 and was weaker than even a common goblin. After under going the strict daily training regiment Rou administers to his goblin subordinates and obtaining a new [Job], Noire Soldier, by Day 59 Rubellia's strength becomes as strong as a hobgoblin and her level rose up to level 34.
Spinel Fean / Alchemist
A member of Star God's Pavilion, a peddler group who hired adventurers of Sword of the Weak to guard them to their departure to the defensive city of <<Trent>>. In addition to being a holder of [Job - Peddler], Spinel is capable [Alchemist]. She later becomes the mother of Rou's second eldest daughter, Nicola.
- Alchemy Is Magic: As noted by her namesake Spinel is a capable alchemist, skilled in the art of creating health potions.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: After seeing the evidence of Rou's affair with a [Dryad] she feeds him a plate of food with a little poison mixed in which is rendered ineffective due to his [Poison Resistance] and [Absorption] abilities.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Justified as her peddler group were ambushed by a large group of goblins who proceeded to kill all the men and capture all the women so when Rou decides to rescue them and provide them with living quarters she takes a little longer to warm up to Rou compared to her fellow peddlers.
- Express Delivery: Due to Rou's Ogre heritage Spinel's unborn baby grows at a faster rate than a regular humans. Much like the Timiano siblings the day before her and Emery's stomach immediately swelled up without warning, unlike their experience her labour was much less intensive in part due to a much less nervous Rou.
- Forceful Kiss: She gives Rou a rather intimate one after being spurred into jealousy by his affairs with a [Dryad].
Emery Furado / Blacksmith
A member of Star God's Pavilion, a peddler group who hired adventurers of Sword of the Weak to guard them to their departure to the defensive city of <<Trent>>. In addition to being a holder of [Job - Peddler], Emery is also a capable [Blacksmith]. She later becomes the mother of Rou's second eldest son, Oniwaka.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: She's quite fond of receiving these from Rou after she repairs his wrecked halberd, much to his delight.
- The Blacksmith: Noting by her namesake, Emery is a skilled [Blacksmith], able to easily sharpen short swords and long swords. She even agrees to forge equipment for Rou as thanks for rescuing them from enemy goblins. She later repairs and upgrades Rou's halberd with various spirit stones after he wrecked it in his battle against a Red Bear.
- Express Delivery: Due to Rou's Ogre heritage Emery's unborn baby grows at a faster rate than a regular humans. Much like the Timiano siblings the day before her and Spinel's stomach immediately swelled up without warning, unlike their experience her labour was much less intensive in part due to a much less nervous Rou.
Felicia Timinao / Older Sister
A member of Star God's Pavilion, a peddler group who hired adventurers of Sword of the Weak to guard them to their departure to the defensive city of <<Trent>>. Along with her sister Alma she is a holder of [Job - Peddler], as well as possessing [Job - Tailor] and [Job - Cook]. She later becomes the mother to Rou's eldest daughter, Auro.
- Express Delivery: Due to Rou's Ogre heritage Felicia's unborn baby grows at a faster rate than a regular humans. So much that on Day 106 she and her sister's stomach immediately swelled up without warning, forcing a nervous Rou quickly get ready for the impending birth which, in the worst case scenario, has her Ogre child force their way through her belly.
- Screaming Birth: Justified because Rou is forced to do an emergency caesarean section to prevent her newborn Ogre child from killing her at birth.
- Team Chef: Along with her sister Alma, she is in charge of cooking and making clothes.
- Those Two Girls: There isn't much to be known about her by Rou's narration of his interactions with her compared to those he has with Rubellia and Spinel.
Alma Timinao / Younger Sister
A member of Star God's Pavilion, a peddler group who hired adventurers of Sword of the Weak to guard them to their departure to the defensive city of <<Trent>>. Along with her sister Felicia she is a holder of [Job - Peddler], as well as possessing [Job - Tailor] and [Job - Cook]. She later becomes the mother to Rou's eldest son, Argento.
- Express Delivery: Due to Rou's Ogre heritage Alma's unborn baby grows at a faster rate than a regular humans. So much that on Day 106 she and her sister's stomach immediately swelled up without warning, forcing a nervous Rou quickly get ready for the impending birth which, in the worst case scenario, has her Ogre child force their way through her belly.
- Screaming Birth: Justified because Rou is forced to do an emergency caesarean section to prevent her newborn Ogre child from killing her at birth.
- Team Chef: Along with her sister Felicia, she is in charge of cooking and making clothes.
- Those Two Girls: There isn't much to be known about her by Rou's narration of his interactions with her compared to those he has with Rubellia and Spinel.
Esseba Failo Rheinfall / Father Elf
A member of an Elf village close to the Goblin Community, father to Mail Failo Rheinfall (Elven Maiden). He rewards Rou when he rescues his daughter and brings her back to their village after human assassins killed her bodyguards and tried to kidnap her.
- Nice Guy: One trait Rou likes about the man is his genuine kindness. After bringing back his daughter Rou expects a paltry reward for the action but he instead rewards him with an [Ancient] class weapon, 30 chain mail shirts made of Mithril, 30 Mithril short swords, 20 Mithril (Ingot), and a few magic items that will be convenient for living. In addition to some high quality Elven wine.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: It's apparent from Rou's first conversation with him that Father Elf realizes Rou's True Neutral mentality and immediately treats him as a mercenary leader rather than a barbaric cheiftain like the Idiot Elf did, paying him handsomely for saving his daughter and then establishing a close friendship with Rou for the good of the Hidden Elf Village.
Mail Failo Rheinfall / Elven Maiden
A member of an Elf village close to the Goblin Community, daughter to Esseba Failo Rheinfall (Father Elf).
- Damsel in Distress: When Rou encounters her he finds that human assassins murdered her guards and nearly kidnapped her before intervening.
- Rescue Romance: Ever since she was rescued Rou notes that every time he makes an appearance in her village, either to meet with her father or for a festival, she would make an appearance and approach him.
Leader of the Kobold pack that allied with the goblins after they were saved by them from a skeleton horde, he pledges himself to Rou's service slavishly
- Cannibal Tribe: When Rou admits to having eaten Kobolds before out of guilt of the pack's gratitude, Akikaze assures him that they do that to each other all the time.
- Cat Smile: It comes of as ridiculously ironic, seeing as he's a dog.
- Dual Wielding: After his [Rank Up], his glaive transforms into a katana-and-washizaki set.
- I Know Your True Name: Gets his with his [Rank Up] to Kobold Samurai and reveals it to Rou as a gesture of trust. Rou has been told about the significance and vulnerablity of true names, and gives him a shorthand moniker Akita Inu for protection.
- Little Bit Beastly: After his [Rank Up] to Kobold Samurai, he loses his pelt and dog-head and keeps only his ears and tail as proof of his beastkin nature.
- Social Darwinist: To the point he has no qualms about his people cannibalizing each other, believing the act is proof of the strength of the survivors and final contribution to the tribe from the dead.
Steel Crowback / Rusty Iron Knight
A knight of the Sternbild Kingdom, after being defeated by Rou in battle he is recruited into upon seeing his power.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Let's face it, Steel Crowback is a pretty sweet name.
- Badass Normal: He has no magical abilities, he's able to fight Kichi armor-less and barehanded to a near-standstill and was strong enough to impress Rou during their first encounter, prompting him to make him his subordinate, instead of outright killing him. He's shown to have mastered two jobs, [Warrior] and [Knight], and is well on his way to mastering [Monk], and is a quarter of the way through [Templar Knight]. His level is 287, altogether.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Lives by this code, which is the main reason why he became a knight for the Sternbild Kingdom because he lost a fight with the former leader of their knights and why decides to follow Rou after his defeat by the efforts of Parabellum.
- Defector from Decadence: He decides to pledge fealty to Rou because he defeated him and that the Sternbild Kingdom began to force him to follow rich aristocrat who couldn't best him in either strategy or combat, which went against his code of ethics.
- The Mentor: After his recruitment into Parabellum Rou assigned him to training the budding growth of Rubellia.
- Worthy Opponent: To Rou and Kichi, to some extent.
First QueenThe Queen of the Sternbild Kingdom, she became deathly ill around the start of the series that led to the war on the elves that lived in the forest alongside the Goblin Community for a special medicine that could save her.
- Abhorrent Admirer: She is attracted to Rou and due to her illness ravaging her body is noted to looking sickly and frail, not to mention her Stalker with a Crush tendencies which turn Rou off considering one was the cause of his first death.
- Good Parents: Despite her actions towards Rou, she gets along with her daughter even having jovial and carefree arguments with her.
- Ill Girl: She came down with a sickness that had a 99% mortality rate, even though she was saved, she still looks sickly and frail ready to collapse with a stiff breeze.
- Lost in Translation: She seems to have suffered this in localization where she was called a princess rather than queen.
- I Was Quite a Looker: A non-age variant, but the queen, before the ravages of sickness, was apparently very beautiful.
- Stalker with a Crush: She will confiscate silverware that Rou ate with and proceed to lick it clean and along with the Dark Hero, will stare at him while he's sleeping "breathing heavily in an excited state". That she does this happily along side the Dark Hero is all that keeps her from being a Yandere
Mc Cool Say / Boy Knight
An apprentice knight Rou comes across while wandering around the fortress city of Trient. After saving him from getting beaten down by thugs Mc Cool Say employs Rou to help him save the princess of the Sternbild Kingdom.
- Bishōnen: Rou describes him having quite the pretty face for such a young boy.
- Brainwashed: After rescuing Rubiria Rou tells one of his Illusion Lords to hypnotize Boy Knight into being as loyal to him as he is to the princess and to avoid a scandal regarding his report of the kidnapped princess.
Princess Rubiria / Tomboy Princess
The princess of the Sternbild Kingdom who Rou employed by Boy Knight to assist in saving after she was kidnapped by whilst in the fortress city of Trient.
- Brainwashed: After he rescues her Rou tells one of his Illusion Lords to hypnotize Rubiria into thinking he is a special friend so there may not be a scandal regarding her rescue and so he may meet the Sternbild Kingdom royalty.
- Ditch the Bodyguards: Along with Boy Knight, she abandons her bodyguards because she suspects them of selling her out to be kidnapped and so she may be escorted by Rou to the royal capital without issue.
- Escort Mission: After rescuing her from kidnappers Rubiria employs Rou to escort her back to the royal capital of Osvel.
- Mystical White Hair: Upon seeing her for the first time Rou describes her hair as being platinum. Perhaps as a clue to her hidden and rare Telepathy ability.
- Royal Brat: There's a reason Rou nicknames her Tomboy Princess. Rou describes his experience escorting her to be a rather pain as she tries to fight dangerous monsters without a single thought and haughtily tells everyone around her to bow down to her, even Rou.
- Shoulder Teammate: Rou notes that Rubiria becomes quite accustomed to sitting on his shoulder, to the extent that whenever they are together she tries to hitch a ride anytime she can.
Sigurd Ace Sven / Avenger
A broken knight Rou encounters while escorting Princess Rubiria back to the Royal Capital of the Sternbild kingdom. After being defeated by Rou in a crazed state and telling the story of how his village fell to ruin by a monster, he accepts Rou's offer for the strength to kill in exchange for lifelong servitude under the moniker 'Avenger'.
- Born Winner: He was born with the [Blessings of the God of Sunlight].
- A Day in the Limelight: Chapter 116 Side Story expands on Sigurd's life before being selected by the Empire, his time living amongst nobles and more importantly his Point of View when he witnessed upon the massacre that occurred in his village, in excruciating detail.
- Deal with the Devil: He agrees to life long servitude under Rou for the strength needed to find and kill the [Arutirumu] that killed his entire village.
- Doomed Hometown: The small village he grew up in was destroyed when an [Arutirumu], a large centipede like creature, killed and ate everyone within. He only managed to fight the creature off, but not before watching his fiance become victim to the beast.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Rou notes before he attacked him that his eyes were devoid of the will to live. Probably because his fiance was torn into a thousand pieces and eaten before his eyes.
- Kidnapped by the Call: After word spread of him possessing a divine blessing, he was demanded and immediately enrolled in a school that trained knights and strategist for the Empire.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Chapter 116 Side Story shows how his childhood friend and later fiance, Aina, was the only thing keeping him sane between the countless blood he shed on the battlefield and the constant nobles approaching him due to his blessings for their own selfish ends. Her death by the [Arutirumu], which he witnessed first hand, utterly broke him.
- Pietà Plagiarism: When Rou first sees him he is cradling upper half of his fiances' mangled corpse in his arms.
The oldest goblin in the [Goblin Community], Gobujii possesses a social position close to an advisor within the society and his extensive knowledge makes him Rou's primary source regarding the mysteries of the current world, [Rank Up] system, and his fellow goblins.
- Dirty Old Man: He demonstrates an unusual... vitality for a goblin his age and relieves his stress by regularly visiting the den where they keep the imprisoned human women and later captured enemy Elven women.
- Mr. Exposition: Rou respects Gobujii's knowledge and regularly visits him with questions about the mysteries of the world, such as the [Rank Up] system and new abilities like his evolution into a [Rare Variant].
- Younger Than They Look: Gobujii has the appearance of an extremely old man yet biologically he in his 20s which is attributed to the Rapid Aging of goblin biology.
Doriane Duboué / Dryad
A Dryad Rou encountered whilst hunting on Day 41. After a rather intimate affair, Rou finds himself visiting her occasionally whenever he ventures near her grotto until she begins to assist in the agricultural activities of Parabellum.—-
- Green Thumb: As a Dryad Doriane can use magic that can manipulate seeds into various new species of plants and even change vitality, growth of the plant and the taste better.
- The Mistress: Although Rou is neither married nor in a monogamous relationship Doriane is treated as such. She has a hot tryst with him early in the story and Rou never bothers to explain to his human lovers or Mi about his affair, even when they see evidence of it on his neck. In addition, he secretly communicates with her using his clones when he himself cannot visit her in person due to Parabellum's activities.
- Ms. Fanservice: If there is one thing Rou notes every time he meets Doriane is that she is always breaktakingly beautiful and that she has extraordinary proportions.
- Nature Spirit: Doriane is a Dryad that resides in a grotto nearby the caves Rou grew up in.