Rayman | Rayman 2: The Great Escape | Rayman 3 | Origins & Legends | Rayman Party Games
open/close all folders
Appeared in Rayman Origins
A female royal Teensie who made her debut in Origins. She seems to have a crush on Rayman.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Her character blurb describes her as having a crush on Rayman, her childhood hero, while ignoring the crushes her fellow Teensies have for her. Unfortunately, Rayman hasn't noticed yet, and probably never will.
- The Fashionista: Implied. If you pull on the Bubble Dreamer's beard while playing as her, he'll praise her fashion style.
- Hero Worship: Of Rayman, which later turned into a Precocious Crush.
- Pink Is Feminine: Her outfit is entirely colored in pink to show that she's a female Teensie.
- Precocious Crush: Has one for Rayman, who is chronically a few centuries older than her, yet he physically looks like a teenager.
A Grim Reaper-esque figure who takes over Goth Teensy's job as guardian of the Land of the Livid Dead. Unlike his predecessor, who is supposed to keep residents of the Land of the Livid Dead from escaping, he won't let anyone enter it. However, he will let you in if you give him his missing Skull Teeth.
- Death Is a Loser: Rayman's take on the Grim Reaper is the least threatening version ever. He resembles an old man who's missing his dentures and he waves his scythe like an old man waves his cane.
Voiced by: Doug RandIn attempt to tarnish Rayman's reputation, Raymesis dresses like him and stalks the Glade of Dreams smashing things! A desperate case in need of serious anger management.
- In-game description, Rayman Legends, Rayman Adventures
- Evil Knockoff: He deliberately invokes this to tarnish Rayman's reputation.
- Internal Homage: Raymesis' colour scheme is based on that of the Bad Rayman seen in the original game.
- Floating Limbs: A trait he shares with the original Rayman.
- Promoted to Playable: In Rayman Origins and Rayman Jungle Run on iOS.
- Sudden Name Change: The Bubble Dreamer calls him "DarkRay" in Origins (though it can be a nickname), and finally, he is called "Raymesis" in Legends. However in the spinoff iOS games he's still called Dark Rayman
- The Unfavorite: Bubble Dreamer/Polokus is pretty mean to him in Origins, making fun of his ugliness.
Voiced by: Doug Rand
This once great hero has been possessed by Darktoons, and now spends his time trying to scare everyone. But it doesn't work so well as many people mistake him with Globox...
In-game description, Rayman Legends
- Acrofatic: Just like Globox himself, Glombrox is incredibly fast despite his wide girth.
- Bragging Rights Reward: Only unlocked upon freeing every single Electoon in Origins, at which point you've likely already done everything the game has to offer anyway.
- Demonic Possession: His Legends description reveals that he's possessed by Darktoons.
- Evil Counterpart: Essentially Globox, but evil.
- Fallen Hero: Apparently used to be a brave hero before he got possessed by Darktoons.
A group of fairies who Rayman must rescue throughout the game in order to gain a new power. They debuted in the original Rayman game and reappeared in the Origins continuity, where they are rewritten as sisters of Betilla the Fairy, who is the oldest.
- Ambiguously Brown: Holly and Edith are the only Nymphs who have dark skin.
- Animal Motifs: Only Holly, Edith, and Annetta wear things that represent the creatures of their realms. Betilla and Helena and Fee avert this.
- Distressed Damsel: All of them must be rescued when they are captured by Darktoons.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Save for Betilla and Annetta, the Nymphs are barefoot.
- Fairy Sexy: They're fairies and provide Fanservice along with additional powers.
- Hartman Hips: Their hips are as wide as their shoulders.
- Ms. Fanservice: All of the Nymphs are scantily-clad faeries in the Origins continuity, and physically they're not so hard on the eyes, either.
- Nice Hat: Their headgear are skulls taken from large reptilian creatures (save for Betilla and Helena's), and they represent each of the six worlds that Rayman and his friends visit in Origins.
- Older Than They Look: All of them are Really 700 Years Old, but they look like teenage girls or young women.
- Pig Latin: It's how they talk.
- Punny Name: Most of them have a name that matches the world they're found in.
- Ambiguously Brown: Has brown skin that's a shade darker than her sister Edith's.
- Animal Motifs: Birds. Her skull hat resembles a bird, and her new ability is flight (or hovering in Rayman's case).
- Blue Is Heroic: A blue-clad, blue-haired Nymph who helps Rayman learn how to fly after she is rescued from Darktoons.
- Facial Markings: The blue markings on her face resemble those worn by tribal characters.
- Nubile Savage
- Punny Name: Her name is spelled and pronounced similarly to "Hallelujah", a religious praise. Since she expressed joy upon being rescued by Rayman, it could also count as a Meaningful Name.
- Video Game Flight: Grants the player the power to glide.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has dark blue hair.
- Ambiguously Brown: Has brown skin that's a shade lighter than her sister Holly's
- Animal Motifs: Dragons. Her skull hat and blonde hair resembles a dragon breathing fire.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Is the thickest of all the Nymphs, but her outfit is just as revealing.
- Big Eater: Implied, with her title being "The Gourmet Fairy", and having a more heavyset body than her fellow Nymphs. Her world, the Gourmand Lands, is a kitchen filled with food and pots. Even her name is a pun on "eat it up".
- Big Eyes, Little Eyes: Has the smallest eyes of all the Nymphs.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: She has dark tanned skin and bright blonde hair.
- Gag Boobs: Has the biggest rack compared to those of her sisters.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A blonde-haired fairy who helps Rayman learn how to change his size after she is rescued from Darktoons.
- Punny Name: Her name sounds like "eat it up".
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is longer than her body.
- Red Is Heroic: Her costume and hat are colored red, and her world, the Gourmand Lands, is colored with a red palette. She's a heroic ally of Rayman who helps him in return for rescuing her.
- She's Got Legs: She has the thickest legs of all her Nymph sisters. She's also the only Nymph who doesn't have leg wear, either, so the first thing you'll look at will probably be her legs.
- Size Shifter: Grants the player the power to change size.
- Animal Motifs: Fish. Her hat resembles a fish skull, and the ability she gives Rayman after he rescues her is to swim underwater.
- Blue Is Heroic: Her clothes are colored blue, and she's an ally of Rayman's who helps him learn how to swim underwater.
- Mermaid: Not really one, but evokes one.
- Punny Name: A play on "a net of fish", which fits since the world she represents is called the "Sea of Serendipity".
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is longer than her body.
- Seashell Bra: Wears a single clamshell as a pasty.
- Stripperific: May have the skimpiest of the Nymph's outfits.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair has a deep blue color.
- You Have Researched Breathing: Grants the player the power to swim underwater.
- Blue Is Heroic: A blue-clad Nymph who helps Rayman learn how to scale walls and ceilings after she is rescued from Darktoons.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair, and she aids Rayman by giving him a new ability upon freeing her from the Darktoons.
- Le Parkour: Grants the player the power to run up walls and ceilings.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is Greek for "light" or "bright". She has light blonde hair and her clothes are more light-colored than her sisters'.
- Nice Hat: Unlike her sisters Edith, Annetta, and Holly, who wear skulls for hats, her hat resembles a fur-trimmed budenovka, a Russian pointed hat.
- Pretty in Mink: Because she represents a cold and snowy realm, her attire and hat is made of fur.
- Punny Name: Her name is a play on "To hell in a handbasket". Real subtle, Ubisoft.
Voodoo Mamma (SPOILERS)
The last nymph Rayman must save. Unlike the others, she hasn't been kidnapped, but outright transformed into a monster, most likely by the Magician or the Bubble Dreamer's nightmares.
- Baleful Polymorph: It's implied that she was forcibly transformed into a hideous monster through malevolent magic, either by the Magician or the Bubble Dreamer's nightmares.
- Beat the Curse Out of Him: What you have to do to turn her back to normal.
- Bilingual Bonus: Her French name, Fée de la Mort, translates to "Death Fairy" or "Fairy of Death".
- Contralto of Danger: Her Nymph form speaks with a noticeably deeper voice than her sisters.
- Extra Eyes: Her monster form has multiple eyes that fall off when Rayman punches her in the face.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Her Nypmh form has purple bat wings as opposed to her sisters' fairy wings.
- Goth: Her Nymph form is morbid-looking compared to those of her sisters'.
- Goth Girls Know Magic: Implied; the Bubble Dreamer mentions her knowing a lot of spells and mystical cures for ailments.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: She is the only fairy Rayman does not actually need to encounter. She pops up at the end of the Bonus Level of Hell to fight Rayman, then turns back to normal, and that's it.
- Hair Decorations: As part of her death/voodoo motif, her Nymph form has bones in her hair.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Her true name translates to "Death Fairy" or "Fairy of Death".
- Narrator: She's the voice in the E3 2010 trailer of Origins.
- Pink Is Feminine: Her Nymph form wears a strapless pink dress.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted; the only reason she was evil was due to Baleful Polymorph on her part. She turned good once Rayman saved her from her curse... by beating her up.
- Ship Tease: Some of the unlockable pictures in the IOS game Jungle Run pairs her up with Rayman. Possibly justified, since she was forcibly turned into a monster and Rayman saved her.
- Skeleton Motif: Her Nymph form wears skulls and bones as accessories.
- Tattooed Crook: Her Nymph form has tattoos all over her body. Averted with the "Crook" part in that she wasn't evil to begin with.
A scrapped Nymph who was planned to be included in the early stages of Origins, but was left out for some reason.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Her outfit resembles the female flight attendant's uniform, and the realm she was going to represent before she was scrapped is the "Moody Clouds", which has turbulent weather, machines, and aircraft.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair that's shorter than Helena's. She was originally going to be included in Origins where she can help Rayman, but was ultimately scrapped.
- Punny Name: "Windy weather".
- Stripperific: Her outfit is a skimpy, sexier version of a female flight attendant's uniform.
The kings of four lands that have been corrupted by the Bubble Dreamer's nightmares.
- Attack Its Weak Point: The only way to hurt them is to hit a pink bulge that randomly appears on their body. Interestingly, the final weakpoint for all the kings (save Heartburn) is located in their mouth.
- Baleful Polymorph: They've been transformed into giant, monstrous versions of themselves by the Bubble Dreamer's nightmares.
- Beat the Curse Out of Him: Defeating them returns them to normal.
- Fluffy the Terrible: While in their monster forms.
- Nonstandard Character Design: They are more detailed than other characters in the game.
- Advancing Boss of Doom: The first half of her fight is to climb away from her as she chases you. She is also this in Jungle Run, though you are unable to fight her.
- Fantastic Flora: She's an enormous, mobile plant with thorns all over her body. Her true form is a cute little flower (albeit with an underbite).
- Overly Long Tongue: Her final attack is to lash her long tongue at you. If she misses, she leaves her weak point exposed.
- Roar Before Beating: In the second half of her fight, most of her attacks consist of roaring before trying to smash you to a pulp with her giant head.
- She Is the King: Not only was her real name revealed in Rayman Fiesta Run, but so was her gender.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only one of the four Kings who is female.
The Mocking Bird
- Flunky Boss: Can call upon small birds to attack you.
- Giant Flyer: A humongous bird whose body is bigger than its wings.
- Heli-Critter: His braided tailfeathers spin like a propeller as he flies.
- High-Altitude Battle: Most of the fight take place in the clouds.
- Screaming Warrior: Constantly screeches throughout the battle. Near the end, he weaponizes it, trying to suck you in.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: While in his stomach, his heart can be seen in the background through the stomach walls. The flames in his stomach is what's giving him heartburn.
- Extreme Omnivore: His stomach contains a giant pot floating in his stomach acid.
- King Mook: He's the king of the dragon chef enemies.
- Outrun the Fireball: After you defeat him, you must outrun the flames building up inside him and jump out of his mouth.
- Womb Level: He eats you at the start of the level and must be beaten from within his stomach.
- All There in the Manual: His name is thought to be Murray, as the level you fight him in is called "Murray of the Deep", but according to the game's files, his name is actually Creveton.
- Flunky Boss: Spawns eel-like creatures out of his mouth to fight with him.
- Kraken and Leviathan: Looks like a leviathan, but his true form is a shrimp.
Appeared in Rayman Legends
Voiced by: Doug RandA young princess who joins Rayman and co. on their adventures. Please note that most of these tropes also apply to the other princesses, who are sprite-swaps of Barbara.
- Action Girl: A barbarian princess and a bashing partner of Rayman's who takes out foes with a swing of her axe.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: In Adventure, along with a new suit like Ray does, she also dyed her hair a brighter orange◊.
- An Axe to Grind: Or a trident (Ursula and Emma), or a sword (Aurora, Twila, Olympia, and Sibylla)...
- Badass Adorable: Being a barbarian princess with a giant battle axe will often lead to this. Same goes for the other princesses.
- Badass Family: She, her sister and other family members are all capable warriors.
- Barbarian Hero
- Blood Knight: If her scar, missing tooth, and constant grin are any indication, she loves a good brawl. Her permanent grin gets wider once she has her axe in her hand.
- Boobs of Steel: She's a warrior, and her breasts would be very prominent if her head wasn't cartoonishly large. This goes for the other princesses too (like Estelia◊).
- Cool Helmet: Of the classic Viking style, which gets swapped for a pith helmet for Adventures. And the wings even work
- Crossdressing Voices: All of the princesses are voiced by Douglas Rand.
- Cute Bruiser: Being a barbarian princess with a giant battle axe will often lead to this.
- Distressed Damsel: Sort of; you don't really save Barbara like the Nymphs, but rather complete a stage behind the door "Rescue X" before she becomes playable.
- Fiery Redhead: Barbara, Twila, and Emma.
- Meaningful Name: "Barbara" is derived from the Greek word "barbaros", which is the word from which "barbarian" comes from.
- Panty Shot: Not Barbara herself since she's apparently wearing trousers under her skirt, but whenever a princess wearing a skirt or dress with bare legs is about to bubblize you can see her panties.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: They go well out of their way to rip their enemies a new one personally.
- Rugged Scar: She has a rather prominent one across her face.
- Technical Pacifist: In her trailer, she only uses the flat side of her axe.
- Token Human: She and the other princesses are the only humans in the series.
- Warrior Princess: All of them, though special mention goes to Barbara and Elysia (barbarian twins), Aurora and Twily (regularly fight against toads in their land), Estelia (first princess to defend her homeland at the sight of evil), Ursula and Emma (both are spies [though Emma is more specialized towards exotic islands and environments]), and Avalina (a trained assassin princess).