- Death Seeker: Downplayed. According to their commander, they are as ready for death as a summer dance.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Their attempt to help a dying woman gets them trapped in Har'Akir.
- Persona Non Grata: The players are extremely unwelcome in Muhar, as it is believed foreigners bring plague.
- Purple Prose: They speak in a very extravagant manner.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: With Min Deir.
- There's No Place Like Home: Their motivation is to get back home.
The player may meet NPC's that can join them on their quests in Har'Akir. They may keep up to two at once.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Other desert trolls torture Anhg Krag. Because he decided it would be wrong to eat Krak Tur.
- Blind Seer: Min Deir is permanently blind. Unlike most examples of this trope, she didn't lose her sight because of prophecy, but because the High Priestess of Set gouged her eyes out.
- Crutch Character: Anhg Krag the troll. He hits hard, requires no weapons, has armor that makes him nigh-invulnerable and doesn't need water. However, he can't level up.
- Dummied Out: The jackalwere cleric is only available in patched games.
- Escort Mission: Sennef, Min Deir, and Kineta all need to be escorted to a specific place, where they will leave after that point.
- Exact Words: The ghost in the tomb claims that Min Deir will get home safely after she leaves the party. Once she gets back there, she dies.
- Ill Girl: A careful eye will notice that Min Deir has the boils signifying the Wrath of Anhkepeot. She dies once she gets back home after escorting the party.
- Joke Character: Sennef has only 5 hit points, Kineta only two. They also can't gain levels or use any equipment aside from fists. Fortunately, they disappear once their Escort Mission is completed.
- Resurrective Immortality: If "killed", Gloriantha will return from death by herself while the party rests.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: Krak Tur is a wemic, who has the bottom of a horse but the top of a lion.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: One is a jackalwere.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: Trajan Khet can tell a lot from a set of footprints.
- Unfinished Business: Gloriantha the undead paladin will not rest until Senmet is defeated.
- Screw Politeness, I'm a Senior!: Min Deir is old and has literally no filter at all.