All spoilers for the first five volumes are unmarked. Examples from Volume 6 can be spoiler tagged if deemed necessary.
First Members see episodes 1 week before public release. As a courtesy, please do not trope them for 1 week until they have been released to the general public. Please only trope the episodes that have been released to the general public. For more information, please visit the RWBY Forum thread.
open/close all folders
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her hair lacks its red highlights.
- Adaptation Personality Change: Ruby is noticeably more somber and introspective here, with her expressing more insecurity over being accepted into Beacon early.
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: Ruby is less tolerant Weiss's Volume 1 attitude than in the web-series.
- Grade Skipper: She joined Beacon two years early.
- Kid Hero: She's only fifteen when she joins Beacon academy to train to be a huntress.
- Stock Shōnen Hero: She shows some signs of this mixed with a Stock Shoujo Heroine. She's a young All-Loving Hero who wants to become a huntress and help people. She also has a red colour palette.
Yang Xiao Long
- Cool Big Sis: Yang is Ruby's fun older sister.
- Hot-Blooded: Yang's semblance outright revolves around her hot-blooded nature.
- Team Mom: Yang is the most comforting on her team. She tries to ease tensions between everyone early on.
- Hide Your Otherness: Blake hides her cat ears behind a bow to pass as human.
- Little Bit Beastly: Blake is a cat Faunus with cat ears as her Faunus trait.