Tropes relating to the cast of Psychic Academy. Still under heavy WIP. Beware of spoilers.
Psychic Academy School Students
Ai Shiomi feels unfit to attend the Psychic Academy and considers himself to have no place there, especially since his aura was only discovered on accident through recent bloodwork and nothing about his aura is even known yet.
It turns out that Ai has an extremely rare Light aura, much to the ADC's interest. Even so, very little is known about his rare aura and only two words of his code have been figured out: Mun Dauth.
When the series ends, Ai chooses to leave with Zero and watch the world.
- Accidental Pervert: Has a tendency to end up in compromising situations with the ladies.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Ai is a sweet kid, but he will stand up to anyone that threatens his loved ones. The final chapter even has him threaten the ADC that he'll destroy the world if he doesn't like what they are doing to it and the auras.
- Brought Down to Normal: What appears to be the case after the finale, but his aura is still there. Ai managed to gain control over and hide it from the ADC.
- Childhood Friend Romance: He believes to have one with Orina. Subverted, when it turns out that she was not the girl he met several years ago.
- Happily Adopted: By the Shiomi couple, who took him and his blood-related brother in after their parents died.
- Light 'em Up: His aura element is Light, which is very rare.
- Light Is Good: Even the imagery reflects this between his Light aura and Tokimitsu's Darkness aura.
- Psychic Link
- Has one with Myuu, which allows him to know when she's in danger or otherwise in need.
- Tokimitsu eventually forces one with him, when his own aura has been figured out.
- Time Master: His powers can manipulate time around him, like when he stops falling debris from hitting him and Myuu, and even turn time back for a single person, when he turned Tokimitsu back into a child.
- Walking the Earth: Seems to plan to do this with Zero in the ending.
- You Are Already Dead: Played with in a non-lethal version. Ai uses his aura on the ADC agent in a combat test, but it seems to have done nothing. When Zero attacks the agent, the agent's counter still doesn't go down — Zero points out that it broke from Ai's attack, meaning the agent had already lost.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is darkblue.
Orina is a childhood friend of Ai and Zerodyne. She's had feelings for Ai for years, though he initially mistook them as being aimed at his older brother. When Orina's aura was found during middleschool, she had to transfer to the Psychic Academy.
Her aura is of the Water element and her aura code is Saara Ru Bera. Her aura affinity and powers allow her to heal people, so she helps out in the school's infirmary or during surgeries at times.
Orina graduates in the final chapter and plans to search for work where her powers might help out.
- Girl of My Dreams: Ai believes Orina to have been the girl he met in the Paradream several years ago, though she admits to having been so unsure about her own memory that she let his excitement convince her, too. Turns out the girl was Myuu.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: She tried to keep her aura a secret, so she wouldn't be forced to separate from Ai. And she even mentions that most aura users are in high-ranking government positions, but her dream was always to get married and have children, with her job ambition being a simple school teacher.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Orina eventually realizes that she can't get between Ai and Myuu, and tearfully chooses to not pursue her relationship with Ai any longer. She is still cut up about it, though.
- Making a Splash: Her aura affinity is Water.
- White Magician Girl: Her powers are mostly suited for healing capabilities.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark turquoise hair, with her bangs being a lighter shade.
Myuu wields an aura of Fire and is one of the best combative students the Psychic Academy has. She's rough around the edges and prefers to keep to herself, though she does seem to treasure her friendship with Orina.
When she finds herself getting closer to Ai, she tries to keep him at a distance. Not only because she doesn't want to destroy his relationship with Orina, but she also claims that she'll die at a young age because her aura has been manipulated with.
The climax of the series has Myuu's rampage have severe consequences, and she dies on the operating table.
- #1 Dime: A namestamp with the name Suzume on it, which she got from Ai while she was in an altered, childish mindstate. Myuu doesn't remember where she got it from, but she treasures it dearly.
- Abusive Parents: Her father was emotionally distant and saw her as a monstrous experiment, rather than his daughter. He also wasn't above beating her when she was older. Her mother was only a bit better by merely being emotionally distant because she was terrified of Myuu's powers.
- Brainwashed: While her father is manipulating Myuu's aura, she's brainwashed into a state that mentally reverts her to childhood, as it's easier to do the manipulating there.
- Berserk Button: Her personal emotion that makes her lose control is rage. She has difficulty getting out of this without outside help.
- Damaged Soul: With the soul and aura being apparently linked, the manipulating of Myuu's aura has led to her gaining enormous powers. And made her susceptible to flying off the handle with rage.
- Fiery Redhead: Given her aura, that's quite natural. Though she tries to temper her anger, as she knows that getting too emotional will make her lose control over her aura.
- First Girl Wins: In a post-humous sense, with Ai looking forward to meeting Myuu again in the next Paradream.
- Girl of My Dreams: Myuu was the girl that Ai met in the Paradream years ago. She's shocked when she finds this out during the next Paradream, having had 'that boy' from her dream being her source of comfort for years.
- Kissing Under the Influence: She and Ai kissed after drinking some 'energy drink' made by Zero. Myuu quickly insists that it only happened because of the drink, not because of their own emotions.
- No Name Given: Myuu has no name. The only thing closest to a name used for her is her aura code: Myuu Baura Ruru Apara Doul. That is, until Ai picks the name Suzume for her.
- Playing with Fire: Her aura's element is Fire.
- The Promise: Asks Ai to promise to stop her, if she ever loses control over herself so much that she can't stop.
- Psychic Link: Shares one with Ai, much to her surprise. It's part of the reason why the two were able to meet in the Paradream, which a person generally experiences alone.
- Talking in Your Dreams: The final chapter has her and Ai on a beach and talking a bit, only for Ai to realize that it's the Paradream location and he wakes up, learning that Myuu has died in the meantime.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Myuu doesn't remember the circumstances of her mother's death very well, only recalling that her father's experiements are the reason for it. It turns out that she accidentally lost control over her fire powers and killed her mother, but repressed it. The sprinklers activating from her fire are also what caused her hatred for rain.
- Tsundere: Becomes an abrasive, but also distancing Type A to Ai.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She hates rain. The sound of it makes her feel lethargic, and even terrifies her to the point that she can be paralyzed with fear by its sound. She even skips school on rainy days.
- Aura Code: Cal
A friend of Orina's who has practiced in a particular psychic ability called "Aura Fortune", which allows Cal to estimate another Aura User's potential, and even test the compatibility of one's own aura with another's. Of course, she freely admits that Aura Fortune determines the aura compatibility of two people, not their personal compatibility - there are numerous people in the school in stable relationships with people who have incompatible auras.
- Aura Code: Telda Janal Gega
Shiomi's weird roommate, who has a tendency to partake in very bizarre training rituals to build up the strength of his Aura.
- Aura Code: Tanja
A Class A student of Psychic Academy and a rambunctious delinquent. He picks a fight with Ai early in the series and is humiliated. Tanja occasionally causes trouble with fellow Class A student, Paus. Tanja owns the aura power of wind.
- Aura Code: Paus
A Class A student of Psychic Academy. She has a fierce one-sided rivalry against Myuu and occasionally attempts to bully her on regular bases. She has the aura power of electricity.
- Voiced by: Reiko TakagiAura Code: Ren Gaina Brabery (Ren), Faafa Duumdy (Faafa)
A brother and sister sharing the same body. Faafa was incarcerated at the Aura Development Center in the United States. Ren, in an attempt to free Faafa, attacked the center. In the ensuing destruction, Ren died and Faafa was critically injured. A heart transplant from Ren's body allowed Faafa to survive, while implanting a piece of Ren's aura in her body. As a result, the two share one body, similar to Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. However, in the para-dream, both Ren and Faafa have their own unique bodies. Fafa's Aura is ice, while Ren's is lava.
- An Ice Person: Faafa owns this particular ability.
- Aura Code: Chiroro Dapura
A teacher at Psychic Academy. Attractive and kind as she is, she has gathered the romantic attention of several individuals in school, including Zero, the physical educations teacher Goa and the trouble-making student Tandja. Although she would like to marry, her calling in life is to teach aura carriers in the use of their abilities. She dislikes Zero's aggressive flirting and pompous behavior, yet she also harbors feelings for him but rather wishes to wait until he has his priorities (and attitudes) straightened out.
- Arranged Marriage: Was in an omiai meeting, but several of her students (and Zero) went there to prevent it from succeeding.
- Hot for Teacher: Several of her students are in love with her.
- Making a Splash: Uses water as her aura element.
- Married to the Job: She's not willing to give up her job in exchange for marriage, and realizes that her love is mostly spent on her students and teaching them.
- Voiced by: Hiroshi KamiyaAura Code: Zerodaimu Kyuparu Azaraku Vairu Rua Darogu
A famous psychic known as the "Vanquisher of the Dark Overlord" and is widely regarded as being the worlds most powerful aura user... He is also the older brother of Ai Shiomi. Zero is also an instructor for Psychic Academy, though he seems to spend more time acting as protector for his little brother than he does teaching classes. he seems to have a habit of being hit by the girls. His biggest downfall would be when he starts telling and showing people Ai's deepest darkest secrets on top of all that he has an appalling taste in neck ties. His Aura specialty is Steel.
- Berserk Button: Do not get between Zerodyne and his brother.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Acts like a fun-loving goofball, especially around his younger brother, but he is an excellent aura fighter.
- Extra-ore-dinary: His aura powers allow him to control metal.
- Happily Adopted: Was adopted alongside Ai by the Shiomi couple.
- Healing Factor: Encased himself into an iron cocoon to allow himself to heal from battle-sustained injuries.
- Hopeless Suitor: Keeps trying to get into romantic moments with Chiroro, but she keeps turning him down or ignoring him.
- In-Series Nickname: Shortens Zerodyne to Zero.
- Overly Long Name: Lampshades that his aura code is way too long and a mouthful to pronounce, so he tells everyone to just call him Zero.