This is the character sheet for the web series Project Mc 2. There will be unmarked spoilers in the trope names.
- Alliterative Name: The main characters' names are all alliterative: McKeyla McAlister, Adrienne Attoms, Bryden Bandweth, Camryn Coyle, Devon D'Marco, and Ember Evergreen.
- Genius Ditz: Adrienne and Bryden are very skilled in their fields, but they tend to be very oblivious sometimes.
- Punny Name: All of the girls' last names have to do with their field of interest in some way.
- McKeyla McAlister: She's the Jack-of-All-Stats of the group.
- Adrienne Attoms: Atoms are a crucial study in chemistry.
- Bryden Bandweth: Bandwidth is used in computer science.
- Camryn Coyle: Coils are sometimes used in mechanical engineering.
- McKeyla's initials make up a variable in Einstein's equation (E = Mc^2).
- If you combine Adrienne, Bryden, and Camryn's initials together, you get the variables for Pythagorean theorem (A^2 + B^2 = C^2).
McKeyla is The Leader of the group.
- Bad "Bad Acting": McKeyla's inability to keep up her facade when A.D.I.S.N. nearly blows her cover causes Camryn and Bryden to be suspicious of her.
- Brainy Brunette: McKeyla is very intelligent and has dark hair.
- Catchphrase: "I'm smart. Get over it."
- Cute Owl: McKeyla's favorite animal is an owl, and owls can be seen on many of her outfits. She also gets the Code Name "Owl" in season 4.
- Deadpan Snarker: Whenever the other girls get distracted or excited, she sarcastically quips about their situation.
- Friendless Background: Other than A.D.I.S.N., McKeyla doesn't have friends because she moved constantly.
- I Work Alone: Initially, McKeyla is reluctant to accept help from the other girls because she doubts their competence and dedication to being a spy.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: McKeyla has no specialty in any of the STEAM fields because she's competent in all of them, having trained for NOV8 since she was young. Her doll does represent her as the "art" part of STEAM, however.
- New Transfer Student: She becomes the new student at Maywood Glen Academy.
- No Social Skills: In season 2, the Quail enrolls McKeyla into school and asks the rest of the girls to help out since she's socially awkward. McKeyla ends up creeping all of her classmates out by doing enough research on all of them to know every single detail.
- Only Sane Woman: McKeyla by far is very level-headed and the most serious about her work.
- Purple Is Powerful: McKeyla's favorite color is purple and her character is themed with that color. She's also The Leader of the group.
Adrienne is a bubbly fashionista who moved from Spain due to her father's job. Her specialty is chemistry.
- All Women Love Shoes: One thing mentioned frequently throughout the show (and among cast members) is Adrienne's impeccable choice in fashionable footwear. She wears high heeled pumps all the time and refuses to wear flats, even on a mission.
- Catchphrase: "Pretty brilliant!"
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Adrienne is the most fashion-forward of the group and also spends time cooking for her family's cafe as a culinary chemist.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Adrienne often peppers her speech with random Spanish words.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Adrienne is blonde and very kind.
- Meganekko: Adrienne sports a pair of glasses (usually pink!).
- Pink Means Feminine: Out of all the girls, Adrienne wears the most pink and the most feminine-styled clothing.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Adrienne's favorite color is pink, and she was also dressed up as a princess for Halloween.
- Spexico: Adrienne is from Spain (European), but her actress, Victoria Vida, has identified her as Latina (Latin American). In one experiment video, Adrienne even celebrates with a dance and maracas, even though that's more of a Latin American thing than a Spanish thing.
- Semi justified as Adrienne mentions having a Brazilian cousin and Vida herself is Brazilian. Adrienne is probably ethnically Brazilian but born and raised in Spain.
- Acronym and Abbreviation Overload: Bryden loves speaking in long acronyms that only she and Camryn understand.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Bryden gets distracted very easily.
- Black and Nerdy: Bryden is black, and she's very knowledgeable about technology.
- Catchphrase: "Stand back, I'm trending!"
- Childhood Friends: She's been best friends with Camryn since they were little.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: A swarm of Prince Xander fans arrive at Bryden's yard after seeing her tweet. Technically, Bryden had only said she was hanging out with a "famous celebrity."
- Meganekko: Bryden wears a pair of green frames in a pixelated design.
- Motor Mouth: Bryden tends to ramble and speak very quickly when her imagination gets the best of her.
- Playful Hacker: Since Bryden's specialty is technology, she's a competent hacker. To get into NOV8, she hacked into their server and replaced every monitor with a photo she took of McKeyla.
- Social Media Before Reason: Bryden loves going on social media and blogging about every single second about her life. And even though she knows she's not supposed to post about anything involving NOV8 missions, she still can't hep but be tempted to do so.
Camryn is an athletic and super smart Tomboy. She specializes in mechanical engineering.
- Asian and Nerdy: Camryn is of Asian descent and she's very enthusiastic about engineering.
- Buffy Speak: Camryn is terrible at naming her inventions and often gives them names like "awesome DIY metal detector detecting thingamajigs."
- Catchphrase: "Nailed it!" In one episode, she says, "Killed it!" instead.
- Childhood Friends: She's been best friends with Bryden since they were little.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Besides naming her inventions with Buffy Speak, Camryn also names them after their main functions.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Camryn is a mechanical engineer and loves building gadgets.
- Giver of Lame Names: Camryn gives her inventions terribly unimaginative names.
- Number Two: Can be zig-zagged, but is mostly subverted. McKeyla is in no way incompetent, considering her career as a spy, although Camryn has proven to be even more capable in this field, even with no experience as a spy to speak of.
- The Smart Girl: Even among a group literally made up of super-geniuses, there's bound to be an I.Q. that dwarfs everyone else. Sure enough, Camryn fits this mold
- Tomboy: Out of all the girls, Camryn dresses in a more masculine style and always carries a skateboard, of which skateboarding isn't a very popular sport among girls.
Devon is a senior who transferred out of an art school. Her specialty is art.
- Anti-Hero: In her introduction episode, Devon is seen being sent to detention and harming a teacher. You'd be surprised to see that she's one of the heroines.
- Badass Armfold
- Catchphrase: "I put the art in smart."
- Delinquent Hair: Her hair is dyed black with turquoise streaks.
- New Transfer Student: Devon just transferred from an art school.
- Out of Focus: Devon is barely seen in promotional material aside from her own character trailer, and despite a doll of her being produced, she is never seen demonstrating experiments based around her own doll.
- Catchphrase: "I'm a force of nature!"
- Country Mouse: Ember grew up on a popcorn farm.
- Friend to All Living Things: Ember adores animals of all kinds, even down to the creepy crawly tarantulas.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: When McKeyla says the word "dim", Ember reprimands her and tells her she should still try to talk like a lady, implying that she misheard the word as "damn." Considering the target audience for this show, this also counts as Getting Crap Past the Radar.
- Innocent Flower Girl: Ember is very friendly, and she is a botanist.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Ember speaks with a Southern accent, but sometimes she loses her Southern drawl while talking. This is because her actress, Belle Shouse, naturally doesn't have that accent in real life. In her doll demonstration videos, she's Not Even Bothering with the Accent.
- Plant Person: Ember specializes in botany, earth science, and biology.
- Southern-Fried Genius: Ember is from the South and speaks with a Southern accent, but she's highly knowledgeable about botany and biology.
A.D.I.S.N. (pronounced "Addison") is a sentient tablet notebook that McKeyla carries with her at all times. She debriefs McKeyla about her missions and also helps her provide information.