This is a list of tropes that apply to the characters of Project Helden.
- Please note! This page is unfinished, but the comic's creator (Stellar Blitz) would greatly appreciate help!
Grey is the main character of Project Helden, and is the elected leader of the team. In spite of his looks, he has a genuinely kind heart and strives to help people.
Tropes about Grey include:
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: They're durable, retractable, and he even has them on his toes.
- Adorkable: He's socially awkward, Apologizes a Lot, and get flustered when complimented.
- Alien Blood: Black and viscous, it's even visible when he blushes, as others are drawn with red blush and he's drawn with black.
- Animal Eyes: His eyes are red and catlike, and are notably different in shape compared to the other characters.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: He's one of the few among Rock-tossing, flame throwing elementals and individuals otherwise armed with weapons and/or their powers.
- Basement-Dweller: not in the traditional sense. His room at his original home was in the basement due to size constraints, and he is in a basement still at Area 51.
- Beast Man: Not as hairy as other examples, but definitely qualifies given his powerset.
- Black Cloak: has one with a metal edge over his Civvie Spandex.
- Catchphrase: "Let's get this over with..."
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's 15-feet-tall, has claws and fangs, and looks like a mix of a beast and a corpse. And yet, he's a good guy.
- Gentle Giant: He's terrifying to look at, but he works with kids at a foster home and wouldn't hurt anyone if he had the choice.
- Immune to Bullets: Sort of. Bullets still hurt like hell, but they don't penetrate.
- Lawful Good
- Real Men Wear Pink: Nobody knows that he can sew.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: A heroic example.
- Visible Invisibility: In-Universe example. He turns slightly invisible, with his eyes and mouth still visible and the rest of his body slightly transparent. Hey, it's something.
A shapeshifter housed in a petite girl, she considers herself to be Grey's partner-in-heroics. He doesn't mind, but he also wishes she weren't so clingy.
Tropes about Mia include:
- Asian Airhead: She often forgets that people have personal space, and sometimes she gets distracted by the mere mention of food.
- Badass Adorable: She can turn into any animal or person, breathes green fire in dragon form, and can support a 15-foot-tall beast man on her back in Dragon form as well. And she looks adorable while doing it.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: Her Charahub Page, when it asks for her favorite foods:
- Mia:Candy, Strawberries, Candied Strawberries...
- Chaotic Good
- Clingy Jealous Girl:
- Cloudcuckoolander: Loves sweets, popping up unexpectedly, and sometimes Drops Grey when he's riding on her in Dragon form.
- Cute Giant: in her dragon form. She towers over, Grey, even, and makes the rest of the team look like toys next to her.
- Hair Decorations: Has a large pink bow in human form. Of course, when things start to get serious, she ditches it and lets her hair down.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: She wears a white dress into battle. Of course, this is because her Shapeshifter Default Form has a white dress, so it doubles as Technically Naked Shapeshifter.
- Morphic Resonance: Has a mark on the back that stays in some fashion through all of her transformations.
- Pink Heroine: Take a guess as to why.
- Sweet Tooth: her comic profile lists "Sweet things" as her first like.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: her main power. Limited to animals and humans, though.
An energetic speedster hailing from Liverpool, England, his insatiable appetite and big mouth means he's most likely to run himself into trouble. He has a crush on Kyra, and is distrustful of Grey, but in spite of this is often teamed up with him, much to both boys' chagrin.
Tropes about Rudy include:
- Big Eater: Somewhat justified by his extremely fast metabolism, but even then he eats more than even Grey.