Voiced by: Himika Akaneya
Laala Manaka is the older sister of Non and the kind, but airheaded main character of PriPara. At first Laala was shy and hesitant about singing and because of this she had no interest in idols until she went to return a dropped bag full of Pri-Tickets. During the events of "Idol Time PriPara" Laala transfers to Avacado Academy. In both series she uses the brand Twinkle Ribbon.
- Ascended Fangirl: Starts out as one in the pilot.
- Cassandra Truth: She tells Yui she is the same Kami idol Laala from SoLAMiSmile, but she doesnt buy it. She changes her mind in the following episode.
- Catchphrase: "Capisce!" in the subs. "Kashikoma" in the original japanese version.
- Character Tic: Sometimes when she says her catchphrase, she makes a peace sign that points at the side of her right eye.
- Cry Cute: It's rare, but when Laala cries it can be heartbreaking. Case in point: 
- Determinator: When it comes to someone she cares about or a good cause, Laala is unstoppable. She made several attempts to get Sophie to join their team and they paid off when she was able to gain the help of Sophie's fanclub and her sister to save her from Usagi's grasps. She also worked twice as hard as an independent Idol to save Faruru after she dies in order to gain the Paradise coord; and this was ONLY in season 1!
- In season 3, after Jewlie reveals she will never be seen from after the Divine Idol Grand prix she pays Laala a final visit and vanishes. Laala refused to let that happen though, and worked tirelessly to make Jewlie happy and keep her there.
- Shows this spirit in Idol Time PriPara as well- as early as the second episode when she worked for over a week digging a tunnel under Avocado Academy to Prism Stone. For additional proof, she started with a SPOON until a shovel was provided.
- Hair Decorations: She has a pink bow with a yellow heart in the middle. A lot of coords she wears comes with flower or bow accessories.
- Heroic BSoD: She gets a brief one when Nao begins to reject her after she confesses her idol secret to her. Fortunately, Mirei was able to snap her out of it.
- Idiot Hair: A crescent moon-shaped one.
- Genki Girl
- No Indoor Voice: She has a rather loud speaking voice, and used to be pretty self-conscious about it too.
- Punny Name: One of her beta autographs has two fives with a heart or between them that makes it like 505. Her first name is written in hiragana as らあら (Raara), as the "ra" is written like the number five (5).
- Spell My Name with an "S": Official translation for her name is Laala but some fans decide to stick with Lala.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pizza. Her family owns a pizza restaurant and she often gets the left over pizza.
- It may extend to other Italian foods as well, as she is shown wanting a Panini during episode 2 of Idol Time Pripara.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Mirei and Sophie.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has lilac hair.
As an elementary student
- Audience Surrogate: For PriPara's target demographic.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: The boke to Mirei's tsukkomi.
- Butt-Monkey: Not the worst case, but early on (in both series) she got a fair amount of it.
- Cool Big Sister
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish to Non's responsible.
- Got Me Doing It: Lala sometimes inadvertently says puns similar to her father.
- Keeping Secrets Sucks: Lala has to keep her PriPara life secret from Gloria who has been growing suspicious of her involvement with the forbidden idol world. When Lala reveals to Nao her idol secret, Nao does not take it very well (as her PriTicket was confiscated by Gloria before Lala got hers) and the two break up. After a short while, the two reconcile and Nao becomes The Confidant for Lala.
- In general, throughout the series Laala is shown struggling when it comes to keep a secret.
- Not a Morning Person
- Odango Hair
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: In Episode 2, she attempts to distance herself from PriPara as she believes she is breaking the school's anti-PriPara rules. After thinking about Mirei, she changes her mind.
As an idol
- Anime Hair: Her Odango Hair buns become two long twintails.
- Instant Expert: Impresses Mirei, Kuma, and the crowd in her debut.
- Older Alter Ego: She is normally an elementary student, but in her idol form, she ages up to that of a middle schooler and is slightly taller. Later confirmed in Idol Time episode 47, where we see her in high school and she looks the exact same as her idol form.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: While she is taller and has longer hair in idol form, she otherwise isn't terribly different from her human form, having the same hair color, eye color, voice, and even the same name. Especially strange when Mirei constantly gives her penalty slips, Nao is her closest friend, etc. and yet they don't see much resemblance before Lala tells them.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her default coord. Also most of the coords she gains include pink on them if not the main theme color.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has long ponytails that reach past her thighs.
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: After running into Yui in Idol Time PriPara, her card was bent and this caused the coding from it to go haywire. As a result she is locked her out of her older form when not on stage performing, where she temporary gains it back. This eventually problem is fixed by Falala.
- The Reveal: After their second performance, Mirei finds out that she is actually teaming with Lala.
- This also happened in Idol Time PriPara, when Yui finally realizes she wasn't lying about her identity.
Voiced by: Yuu Serizawa
Mirei is a playful but highly serious Idol who until befriending Laala struggled to get along with other Idols and was unable to form a unit. Outside of PriPara she is actually the head disciplinarian with a no-nonsense attitude who gives out numerous penalties for breaking school rules. Mirei uses the brand Candy Alamode.
- Ascended Fangirl: For Sophie's sister Cosmo.
- Best Friend: Quickly became one to Laala and has shown to become a lot kinder since.
- Evil Counterpart: Gains one in Mimiko, from Idol Time PriPara. Both are head disciplinarians of their respective schools, and when Mirei came to help Laala get more girls interested in PriPara, they got into a fight to prove their knowledge when it came to school rules. Mirei won and sent Mimiko off in a huff.
- Good with Numbers
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: At first she had this attitude as an Idol.
- Put on a Bus: To Aquaprium in Idol Time PriPara. She makes several cameos and appearances though.
- Split Personality: In the real world, Mirei is a serious Meganekko head disciplinarian but in the Prism Paradise world, Mirelle is a cheerful blondie with a Verbal Tic.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Season 2 caused Mirei stress at different points and one of them caused her to quit PriPara. The only thing to convince her to return was watching Gaaruru perform for the first time.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Lala and Sophie.
As the head disciplinarian
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: The tsukkomi to Lala's boke.
- Brainy Brunette
- The Comically Serious: Mirei as her cheerful idol personality pops out occasionally.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Being a secret idol, she is one for Gloria. She tries to convince the headmistress to change her mind about PriPara and let the female students go there, to no avail.
- Loophole Abuse: According to her, while students are not allowed to bring any idol-related items to the school, there is no official rule that they can't participate in the idol world.
- Once an Episode: Really loves slapping penalty tickets on Lala's forehead whenever she does offenses while telling her what those are even when they are not at school. In Episode 14, she does it on Shion instead but this is reversed the following episode as Shion gives her a taste of her own medicine.
- Opt Out: After some attempts, she loses interests in helping Lala to recruit Sophie to their team. Lala manages to convince her not to give up on Sophie and eventually she ends up joining them.
- Stern Teacher: A student variant as she is the head disciplinarian.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
As an idol
- Animal Motif: Cat, but only in personality.
- Cat Smile
- Catchphrase: "A pop and a step and I've got ya!" This is more catchy and rhythmic in Japanese (Poppu Suteppu Getchou).
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her main coords often include two, different pattern socks. Most of the Candy Alamode coords have asymmetry going on as well.
- Genki Girl
- Hair Decorations: Usually wears spherical ornaments or a pair of red, white, and blue bows. Later in the series she started wearing orange, white, and light blue accessories.
- Heroic BSoD: Loses hope in recruiting a new member before the Sparkling Grand Prix event. Fortunately, Lala pulls her out of it with Sophie.
- In season 2 she suffers a smaller one when she is led to believe she lost a present from Laala and was convinced she would lose her friendship after Aroma and Mikan spoke to her.
- Odango Hair: Hers resemble cat ears.
- The Reveal: After their second performance, Lala finds out that she is actually teaming with Mirei.
- Technicolor Eyes: Mirei's eyes are bright blue with light pink in them.
- Tsundere: Shows this type of attitude towards Kuma. While she often throttles him when angered she is shown caring a great deal about him.
- Verbal Tic: ~pri.
Voiced by: Miyu Kubota
Sophie is a cool-type Idol with many fans and admirers. Initially she had her own fan club and worked under the manager Usagi until realizing she longed for independence and learned he was only using her. She stood up for herself and left to join Laala and Mirei. She uses the brand Holic Trick.
- Animal Motif: Bird which also serves as symbolism, as well as jellyfish.
- Be Yourself: After joining Lala's company, she starts to stay true to herself, whether as a student or as an idol.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: She is very weak unless being fed with red flash, aka pickled plums.
- Foreshadowing: She eats pickled plums before going to the public and says a few times that she is only being cool and not being the best. This turns to be a good reason as she is really weak without her plums and cannot perform without eating at least one.
- Former Child Star: Idol version. She became one of the most popular idols when she debuted at the age of eight.
- Genius Ditz
- Idiot Hair: Gains one starting from Episode 13, indicating another part of her Character Development. It disappears when performing.
- Onee-sama: Tends to be called "Sophie-sama" by Sadako.
- Power-Up Food: Sophie eats pickled plums to energize herself from her Fancy Mode. Inverted with sweets as they easily send her back to it.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red (or magenta) to Cosmo's blue (cyan).
- Split Personality: In her cool form is very elegant, talented, popular, and well.... cool. However, in her so called Fancy Mode she can barely move, has no direction, is not good with people, and gets tired all the time. As of Episode 13, these personalities appear to have merged together.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Official translation for her name is Sophy. But many refer to her as Sophie.
- The Cheerleader: Got the overly perky type as her role during episode 102 when everyone took part in a movie and was given random personality traits and costumes.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pickled plums, because their sour flavoring gives her energy. She orders pizzas with them as toppings.
- Unwitting Pawn: Didn't know that Usagi was using her just for him to get fame and fortune. She is free from his Evil Plan thanks to her fanclub, Lala, and Cosmo.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Lala and Mirei.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Magenta.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Most of her outfits have these.
As a middle school student
- Blinding Bangs: Before her personality merge, it covered her right eye, and sometimes both.
- Character Development: Near the end of Episode 9, she realizes that she can do things by herself. In Episode 10, Sophie tries to do things and come to PriPara in her own strength. It doesn't work as she passes out after a while. As of Season 3, she's almost entirely functional on her own.
- Ill Girl: It is implied that she has low-blood pressure.
- Messy Hair
- No Sense of Direction
- No Social Skills
- Not Good with People
- The Quiet One: She's not very talkative in Fancy Mode.
- Shrinking Violet: Her Fancy Mode plays like this and it is her actual personality.
- Verbal Tic: "Pshuu~"
As an idol
- The Ace: Subverted as she keeps saying that she is not aiming to be the best, instead being just cool. Turns out she has a good reason for that.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Her cool personality is this and she is slightly taller than Mirei. In episode 13 she drops this side to herself outside of PriPara.
- Beneath the Mask: Sophie may be cool and calm in public but in reality, she is a weak and shy girl who has to rely on eating red flash (pickled plums) to keep her composure. After the formation of SoLaMi Smile, she only keeps up her cool image in performance and has become much more independent.
- Hime Cut: Outside of fancy mode, this was Sophie's normal hair style. Since improving this is no longer the case, as both sides have this style now.
- I Just Want to Be Free: After her team up with Lala in a variety show, she tries to do things of her own free will. This trope is symbolized in her performance in Episode 11 (see below).
- A Mother to Her Men: To her own fanclub. To show that she truly cares for them, she keeps an album of their PriTickets.
- Nice Hat: Most of her coords feature a little tuxedo hat of some type.
- The Ojou
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Same as Lala but a little less subtle. When some people saw her originally self they mistake her for a cosplayer of herself.
- Rule of Cool: Sophie's fans will take anything what their beloved idol does as cool. When Sophie gives a wrong answer in a riddle quiz, her fans still cheers for her. This trope appears to have been dropped as of Episode 13.
- Symbolism: During her performance in Episode 11, she is seen in a bird cage attempting to grab the cage's key that is outside of it which she fails. During her performance with her new teammates Lala and Mirei, they grab the key and free her from her cage. In Episode 13, the roles are reversed as Sophie frees Lala and Mirei from their cage, showing their power of friendship.