open/close all folders
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Tooru is blue, Mikoto is pink, and Yuujirou is orange/yellow. They're the only boys who stand out among the other students.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: In and out of costume, they look pretty feminine.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: The current designs for the Princesses.
- Ms. Fanservice: It's their job to make the students' lives more entertaining while at school. They refuse to see them change while in the same room.
- Vitriolic Best Friends: On a good day.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: They're only dressing like this because it's their job.
Tooru KounoTooru is a new transfer student at Fujimori. He grew up with his uncle's family, raised as one of the family. He is the newest addition to the Princess Program.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: He originally had dark hair, but the anime gave him blue hair.
- Deadpan Snarker: He definitely has some his moments.
- Like Brother and Sister: He tries telling Sayaka that he views their relationship as this. Unfortunately, she doesn't want this type of relationship.
- Only Sane Man: He's the only one to fully acknowledge how strange the school is.
- Would Hit a Girl: He slaps Sayaka when she says that she'd rather die than not be in a relationship with Tooru.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or green. In-universe, the wig created for his Princess outfits is described as blue, but color illustrations depict Tooru with green hair.
Yuujirou ShihoudaniYuujirou is known as the Eastern Princess.
- Embarrassing First Name: Tooru initially gives him a hard time because of his name. He stops as soon as Yuujirou mockingly calls him "Tocchan".
- Forceful Kiss: Subverted. He places a kiss on Tooru in order to drive away Sayaka.
- The Gadfly: He picks on Mikoto because he cares about him. Although his teasing does go too far sometimes.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He's the only one who doesn't need to wear a wig to look feminine. It certainly doesn't help that he has a Cross-Dressing Voice.
- Ship Tease: His interactions with Tooru are rather suggests a possible attraction.
Mikoto YutakaMikoto is known as the Western Princess. He is the first to encounter Tooru at the school. Unlike his companions, Mikoto hates his job as Princess.
- Berserk Button: Being called, "Miko-chan".
- Butt-Monkey: He's constantly denied permission to leave the program and Yuujirou teases him relentlessly.
- Devoted to You: Loves his girlfriend, Megumi, even while being a part of the program.
- Fiery Redhead: When he's not being a Rose-Haired Sweetie for his fellow students.
- Not What It Looks Like: What he first says to Tooru when he's caught in his Princess uniform.
- Perpetual Frowner: He tends to do this a lot. It's this reason why the guys are more persistent with him.
Shuya ArisadaArisada is a former Princess and now the president of the student body. He tends to make the current Princesses do things that they don't agree with.
- Kimono Fanservice: When he was a Princess, he used to wear kimonos and carry around a paper fan.
- Manipulative Bastard: He managed to persuade Tooru into becoming a Princess by mentioning all the benefits.
- Perpetual Smiler: There's hardly a moment when he isn't smiling. When he stops smiling, then something's wrong.
- Stalker Without a Crush: He occasionally follows the current Princesses around just to see how they're doing.
Akira SakamotoSakamoto is the the class representative and vice president of the Princess Program.
- Nice Guy
- Curtains Match the Window: Just like the Princesses.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Averted with him and his older brother.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- Young and in Charge: He's only a first year, but his fellow classmates, including upperclassmen, bow to him and call him, "Sakamoto-sama".
Sayaka KounoSayaka is Tooru's paternal cousin and his adoptive sister. It's revealed later that she was possessive of Tooru and very attached to him. One day, while she was following him with another girl, she claimed that Tooru was hers and pushed the girl off the steps.
- Big Brother Attraction: For the longest time, she thought she and Tooru were siblings. This "relation" didn't stop her from developing feelings for him, though. Once she found out that they were cousins and not siblings, she leapt at the opportunity to pursue him without feeling guilty. She gets better towards the end, though.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Entitled to Have You: She claims that Tooru was hers.
- Not Good with Rejection: She ran away crying when Yuujirou kissed Tooru in front of her and she attacked a girl just for hanging around Tooru prior to the series.
- Spurned into Suicide: Towards the end of the series, she refuses to accept Tooru's brotherly feelings for her and threatens to jump off a cliff if he won't be hers. Tooru, of course, doesn't take kindly to her threat.
- Stalker with a Crush: Prior to the series, she followed Tooru around town and then attacked the girl he was with.
- Walking Spoiler: To talk about her would unveil so much of the plot.
- Yandere: She's the reason why Tooru transferred schools so suddenly.