- Dark and Troubled Past: While exploring what would one day become the ome the headquarters of his company, Evan and his wife encountered an anomaly. His wife was subsequently killed and eaten by an Albertosaurus that came through the portal, with Evan only being spared the same fate by an Alternate Universe version of Mac, who died from the injuries he received saving Evan.
- The Hero: For the most part.
- The Chick: Her overall role in the story.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: To Evan, but only in regards to business matters, and only because he obsesses over the anomalies so much.
- The Load: Whenever she tries to help out with the anomalies.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Downplayed, but she isn't really all that close to the rest of the team. Deconstructed, as the distance between her and the rest of the team ultimately causes her to leave, as she is unable to learn to lean on them for support and ultimately feels too isolated among them.
- Sixth Ranger: At first.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Ultimately ends up as this, due to believing that it would be better for the government to handle things and also believing it might be better to change the past rather than leave it as is. She's very much stunned when she learns from Connor how badly this went for the ARC.
AlbertosaurusA relative of Tyrannosaurus rex.
- An Arm and a Leg: is missing one of its arms. Fans thought that this was an animation error, but it's actually a trait specific to one individual.
- Animal Nemesis: Is one to Evan. This is self inflicted.
- Small Role, Big Impact: It only shows up in the flesh in Episode 1, but it is the entire reason the series as we know it exists, as it killing Brook and an alternate Matt caused Evan to meet the current Matt, resulting in the formation of the Special Projects Group. It did return for ''The Sound of Thunder''.