A listing of characters who are in this series.
Wayne SecurityA branch of Wayne Enterprises located in Charm City.
Vanderveer "Van" Wayne, Jr.
The CEO of Wayne Security. Bruce Wayne's cousin.
- Ascended Extra: Is the only one of the people working in the company that actually originated from the comics.
- Abusive Parent: If his description of his mother is any indication.
- Bad Boss: Van doesn't really care about his employees' well-being at all. He insists on being named Employee of the Month every month, and the one time he lost he fired that employee for taking home a croissant.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Jackie puts up with Van because he always remembers her birthday, got her kid into a good school, and paid to have her very sick dog put down. Also, he's fun to mess with.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Van Wayne is an incompetent imbecile who couldn't care less about the well-being of his employees and basically expects Emily to do his job for him.
- Spoiled Brat: After screwing up a major account with ACE Chemicals, he's afraid that his father might take away any of the following: the boat, the ski-in-ski-out chalet, or the trust fund.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: His father never thought much of him and completely losing what little respect his father had in him sends Van reeling.Van: [singing while strumming a guitar] Daddy doesn't love me, I can ski in and out of the chalet but not into his heart.
- The Wonka: He is a terrible boss who can't read basic business charts and is so absent-minded/lazy that he tanked a major contract by not forwarding an important e-mail. Yet, he is also a good salesman who can read people extremely well and knows exactly how to butter them up when making a pitch.
The main character. She is the new Director of R&D of Wayne Security.
- Ambiguously Brown: It is revealed on Sinking Day that she is half Filipino.Van's Father: They only want to deal with you and that... Filipino woman.
Van: Oh, is that what she is?
- Beware the Nice Ones: In "Emergency Punch-Up", she gets exposed to truth gas, causing her to vent her real feelings toward the team. It's not pretty.
- Naïve Newcomer: She came to Charm City and Wayne Security thinking that it would be a great adventure and that she'd get to meet lots of nice people. Reality tries very hard to dissuade her of that notion but she does her best to remain cheerful and persevere.
- The Pollyanna: No matter how much superhero battles threaten her life and how much her employees make clear that they don't like having her around, she never loses her sunny disposition.
- You Are in Command Now: Learns that she is the fifth director of R&D and that most of her previous predecessors were fired and that one was killed before even taking the job.
Van Wayne's secretary.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She does give advice to Emily on how to handle situations and tries to empathize with her, but often between making fun of her naivety and wholesomeness.
- Rejected The Call: Despite getting super speed in "Win Luthor Draw", she decides that it's just a pain and will (usually) not use it.
- Servile Snarker: She has nothing but disdain for Van and makes it abundantly clear. She also has nothing but snark for Emily.
- Stalker with a Crush: While downplayed a little, she had an obsession with co-worker, Alex, which is enhanced by thinking he's the Olympian. She constantly made sexual statements towards him, but only out of his earshot.
- Willfully Weak: In the series finale, she gets the powers of The Flash, but isn't interested in using them for various reasons, such as it getting bugs in her teeth and leaves her without excuses for being late.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Kept focusing on the color of the devices. And for some reason thought it was a good idea to say he like nice things when Van told them they were fired and admitted he should have went before Ron.
- Gadgeteer Genius: In Cold Season, he invents super heated gloves.
- Only Sane Man: Shades of this, such as noting the unreasonable time frame Emily proposes in episode two and telling Ron that stalking Alex was creepy in episode three.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: How he feels about his brother.
The Lead Software Engineer.
- Fake Guest Star: Is as much a member of the development team as Ron and Teddy and appears in every episode, but is billed as a recurring character.
- Gadgeteer Genius: It was a variation of one of her devices that saved Wayne Security.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Basically all of her interactions with Emily are openly contemptuous.
Head of Engineering and Chief of Childlike Wonder.
- Black Viking: He's the only black Atlantean we see. On the one hand, we only see four Atlanteans at all, but on the other hand the other characters were clearly under the impression that all Atlanteans are white. Of course, they get a lot of things wrong about Atlantis.
- Gadgeteer Genius: As head of engineering he's responsible for the construction of many gadgets and products that Wayne Security hopes to sell.
- Hidden Depths: It is revealed on Sinking Day that he is from Atlantis.
- Mistaken Nationality: Multiple people mention that they thought he said he was from Atlanta, not Atlantis.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: He's right in thinking that Bruce Wayne is a superhero but wrong in which one (He think Bruce is the Flash.)
One of the lesser heroes in the world, Emily quickly takes a shine to her when Fox saves Emily on her first day in Charm City.
- Deadpan Snarker: When freed from being trapped in ice by Emily and Teddy, her complaint about the experience being brutal wasn't in reference to the ice but being forced to listen to Emily and Teddy's conversation.
- Super Strength: Can catch a falling train car.
A hero in Charm City.
A Charm City villain, often seen fighting Crimson Fox.