open/close all folders
The Hyper Force Rangers
Marvin "Marv" Shih
Played by: Peter Sudarso
- Brought Down to Normal: Very close to it when Lord Drakkon tries to rip off his morpher and claim its power. Thankfully, Scorpina decided to get attack Drakkon, allowing Marv to retrieve it.
- Bythe Power Of Grayskull: Hyperforce! Red! Ready! Power Up!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Eddie.
- Hot-Blooded: Like many Red Rangers before him, he acts without thinking.
- Human Aliens: From a planet called Kaien no less.
- The Leader
- Rookie Red Ranger: Played with. He's actually been through the cadet course before, but hasn't managed to pass it yet.
- Meaningful Name: His last name, "Shih", probably comes from the Chinese and Japanese words for "lion", "shīzi" and "shishi".
Edward "Eddie" Banks
Played by: Andre MeadowsEddie is an easy going and enthusiastic cadet who idolizes the Power Rangers, showing a great amount of interest when Professor Scotts did a lecture at the Academy. He is very knowledgeable on history to an extent and uses that to help his team, such as knowing what Halloween is even though by 3016 that particular holiday is no longer celebrated, though in rare cases he gets certain facts wrong like believing that costumes worn on Trick or Treat were actual skins primitive people wore on top of their bodies. Eddie is a fan of old movies from historic periods, his personal favorite being movies of the 1990s.
- Adorkable: It's Andre. Was there ever any doubt he'd be anything but this?
- Ascended Fanboy: Knows everything about the preceding rangers before taking up a morpher himself.
- Bythe Power Of Grayskull: Hyperforce! Blue! Ready! Power Up!
- Fan of the Past: Notably of the movies of the past, especially those from the 1990s.
- He's also a huge fan of the Power Rangers, with plenty of knowledge on all of them(except Tommy Oliver).
- Fun Personified: He's just plain a fun guy to be around.
- The Heart
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Marv.
- Motor Mouth: Explains everything important that's happened up to that point in a minute during episode 15.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Has this moment when being in the presence of Aisha, the Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger.
- Ship Tease: With Vesper.
- Team Spirit: Presents the most of it of the rangers, being a team player and someone who acts downright codependent.
Played by: Meghan Camarena
- Ambiguously Gay: Has made an (implied) pass at a female NPC in the first episode, in the 11th episode fell under a Siren's spell which usually happens to men, and in the 15th episode, felt "confused" after Vesper used sex appeal to distract a room full of mutants.
- Bythe Power Of Grayskull: Hyperforce! Pink! Ready! Power Up!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Vesper.
- The Lancer
- Obsessed with Food: Had shades of this so far, given her priority of finding food when they explore the Time Ship and her excitement over eating candy for the first time.
- The Snack Is More Interesting: While everyone else is exploring the Time Ship for anything useful, she sets out to find food and eventually rejoins the others with her arms full of burritos.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Always has a burrito on hand.
- Sticky Fingers: Her kleptomania has helped the team obtain useful items. In fact most of their arsenal in the episode comes from her stealing them.
- Sweet Tooth: Has a field day when she discovers what candy is.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Blonde with pink tips.
Vesper Leigh Vasquez
Played by: Cristina Valenzuela
- Action Girl: Appears to be the member with highly advanced combat training.
- Alliterative Name
- Ambiguously Brown: Her last name suggests she might be of Spanish or Latin American descent, and her skin is very dark. This may be explained by her being an android and adopted.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lord Drakkon is able to cut off Vesper's arm before Eddie teleports her away, nearly killing her in the process.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By Venjix, on episode 6
- Book Dumb: Says herself that she doesn't see the point learning about history when they can travel through it.
- Bythe Power Of Grayskull: Hyperforce! Black! Ready! Power Up!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Chloe.
- Meaningful Name: "Vasquez" means "Son of Vasco", "Vasco" being a Medieval Spanish name that may have come from the Basque word for "crow".
- "Vesper" means "evening", relating to how her parents found her one evening in the burning lab of her creator.
- No Social Skills: Has virtually no idea how to properly act amongst other human beings so far.
- May have to do with the fact that she's not human.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: Almost blurted out that the team is from the future but her teammates managed to stop her.
- Robotic Reveal: Even she was unaware of it.
- Ridiculously Human Robots / Artificial Human: Somewhere in between the two. She's a robot made using artificially produced organic components. She can eat, sleep, breathe, and drink and very well may need to but can also learn, age, and genuinely emote.
- Robot Girl
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: Highly agile in combat and the tech expert of the crew, but completely inept when talking to other people.
- Ship Tease: With Eddie.
- Shipper on Deck: Thinks Marv should dance with Chloe in episode 21.
- The Smart Guy: A technological genius that can create machines to see into the future.
- Wrecked Weapon: Her Cerebus Disk is destroyed when she uses it to get through some traps in Serpentera.
Jack Dealgoode Thomas
Played by: Paul Schrier
- The Big Guy: Physically the strongest and has a penchant for tackling people.
- Somewhat meta, in that Farkus Bulkmeyer wasn't called Bulk for nothing.
- Bythe Power Of Grayskull: Hyperforce! Yellow! Ready! Power Up!
- Expy: A heavyset former cop played by Paul Schrier? Jack's basically a grown up more mature Bulk who's actually a Ranger.
- Meaningful Name: A by the books police officer with the middle name "Dealgoode".
- Mobile Shrubbery: Attempts to sneak up on Chloe via foliage.
- Team Dad: Takes up this role due to being the most experienced of the group, having also been a beat cop before becoming a Ranger.
- Again, hilariously meta in that the one job Bulk managed to hold down for several seasons was a (Junior) Police Officer.
Played by: Yoshi Sudarso
- Original Character: Him being the Silver Time Force Ranger.
- Mythical Motifs: The Hydra
- Mythology Gag: More than being the green Sixth Ranger to his team, his morphed form has gold armor on his upper torso, clearly evoking the original Sixth Ranger of the franchise. The fact that his motif, the hydra, an amphibious dragon, adds to the homage.
- Next Tier Power-Up: Graduates from being Time Force Silver to Hyperforce Green
- Sixth Ranger
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Silver-haired, given his previous assigned color and powerset
The Past Rangers
Played by: Erin Cahill
- Cool Teacher: Considering she's a Power Ranger, she's this by default.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: She gets injured in the first episode and has to send the Hyperforce team instead of going after the Alliance herself.
- Older and Wiser: Not that she wasn't wise in Time Force, but she can definitely fill in a mentor role now.
Played by: Yoshi Sudarso
The Sentinel Knight
Mr. AshfordChloe's villainous father and the supreme leader of The Alliance.
- Arch-Enemy: To the Hyperforce Ranger, especially to his daughter.
- Big Bad: the main antagonist of Hyperforce and the leader of The Alliance.
- Evil Overlord: He is a tyrannical terrorist leader who wants to conquer the world.
- Knight of Cerebus: He is more evil than other villains.
- You Killed My Father: He killed his wife when Chloe was still young.
- Book Dumb: Really isn't the best student.
- Author Avatar: Of GM Malika Lim.
- Next Tier Power-Up: Starts off as being a detective for S.P.D., then becomes its Green Ranger two years (but one episode) later. Later promoted to Blue in Soul of the Dragon.
- Cessation of Existence: Unclear, but it is implied in the finale that she was erased when the timeline was altered.
Played by: Allie Gonino