- Curtains Match the Windows: Brown eyes, brown hair.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Those basketball shorts...
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has pitch black skin.
- Head Pet: Has a blue snake wrapped around his head like a turban.
- Monochromatic Eyes: Pure white eyes.
Afro's a secret character in Pop'n Music 10. He was born in America on October 3rd. He likes fishing in his spare time. He doesn't like eating anything that's still alive.
- Crossover: From Dance Dance Revolution.
- Non-Standard Character Design: As a DDR character, he has a realistic 3-D model.
- Shout-Out: To Dance Dance Revolution. The arrows even appear in the background if you're doing good!
- Sweet Tooth: likes sweets in general, but chocolate specifically.
An alien sent to invade earth, but she got sidetracked looking for her sister Kelly.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wears a bra and short shorts.
- Human Alien: Much like Kelly, she is practically identical to a human.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Wears very short shorts.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: in 5.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A in 7, type D in 5.
A Spy from England. His birthday is on April 28th. He likes spicy foods and roses, and enjoys developing spy goods for action heroes. He hates failure.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": A secret agent named Agent.
- Expy: of James Bond
- Tuxedo and Martini: Goes with being a James Bond parody.
An arcade dweller who fixes the machines. He likes red things and haiku, and dislikes pumpkins.
Retsu's grandmother, born in the Hiiragichou Liquor Store on January 5th. She spends her time training her grandson.
- Alcohol Hic: During her BAD animation.
- Blush Sticker: She gets these when she takes a swig from her sake gourd.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Orange hair and eyes.
- Determinator: Giving up is listed as one of her dislikes.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears in some of Retsu's and Minit's' animations before becoming her own character.
- Orange/Blue Contrast: Orange hair, blue outfit.
- The Ageless: Implied to be immortal.
- Supernaturally Young Grandparent: Honestly, she could pass as Retsu's sister.
- Funny Animal: A cat.
- Shout-Out: His name and species may be one to Night on the Galactic Railroad, a film concerning both anthropomorphic cats and astrological symbolism.
A. Michel keeps a library in France. A social and somewhat flirty man born on December 25th.
A computer idol from Computer Republic. Her birthday is September 13th, and she enjoys singing and practicing cute poses. She likes the start-up sounds of electronics, and dislikes water, thunder and system errors.
In Pop'n Music 19 and Pop'n Music 20, she was given an updated look and referred to as "Alt 2.0"
- The Cameo: In Sumidagawa Karenka's music video in the BEMANI game BeatStream, and on the jackets of several songs in Reflec Beat and GITADORA.
- Catchphrase: "Hello, darling!"
- Cruelty Is the Only Option: MZD forbid you play against her in pop'n music 20, as the only way to beat her would be to allow Zizz to take control of her.
- Demonic Possession: By Zizz in DOES NOT COMPUTE. To see "HELP ME" for her FEVER animation is pretty unnerving for pop'n music.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: All the songs she is the character for, except for Airport shuttle, are credited as "feat. Alt".
- Idol Singer: She's a computer idol, literally.
- Meaningful Name: Named after the "alt" key on computer keyboards.
- Mind Rape: Zizz attempts to turn ALT into one of his puppets in DOES NOT COMPUTE, and succeeds if the player loses a song.
- No Water Proofing In The Future: A highly-advanced Robot Girl that breaks upon contact with water.
- Robot Girl: An A.I. girl, according to her song.
- Robo Speak:
- Her speech in-game is written in all katakana, which is basically the Japanese equivalent of WRITING IN ALL CAPS TO SIGNIFY A ROBOTIC TONE OF VOICE.
- Also, notice how the name of one of her songs is "DOES NOT COMPUTE", in all caps?
- Synthetic Voice Actor: Her voice is that of "Sarah" from the Mac program VocalWriter.
- TV Head Robot: Has a computer monitor for a head, which displays her face.
- Video Game Caring Potential: Playing as her in pop'n music 20 amounts to this, given this allows the player to free her from Zizz.
A spirit living in the skies above Japan. Its birthday is August 30th. It enjoys imitating planes as a hobby, and like rain. It dislikes smoke.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Black hair, black eyes.
The leader of the Magical 4 idol group, Anne was born in Paris, France but raised in Tokyo, Japan. Her birthday is on November 1st. An Olympic-grade fencer.
A novice kindergarten teacher. While she struggles at her job she tries her hardest.
A man born in Barcelona Spain. He fell in love with Fanita during a trip. He dislikes snakes.
A schoolgirl with an interest in fashion, living in Japan. She enjoys love songs, mascara and large ribbons. She dislikes earthworms.
Her birthday is July 22nd. She's looking for a prince.
- Blush Sticker: In her winning animation.
- Girlish Pigtails: of the Tsundere Tail variety.
- Transformation Trinket: The red slip of paper she's holding. Her FEVER animation shows her catching it and suddenly getting an upgrade in clothes.
- Tsundere: It's hard to tell exactly which type she is, but her winning animation has her crossing her arms and glaring while blushing, with hearts floating in the air.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
The drummer of Yuli's band. His birthplace is Fairy-Tale Land. His hobbies include cooking, and he likes taking walks, band practice and howling. He dislikes dog food, onions, and rude people.
- All Drummers Are Animals
- Bare Your Midriff: In 13.
- Blinding Bangs
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- Verbal Tic: According to the Popper's Lounge, he tends to add "Tsu" to most of his sentences
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Downplayed
- Meaningful Name: Aspara-Seijin means "Alien Asparagus".
Born in Yokohama, Japan on August 1st, Aya spends her time dancing and playing basketball. She sees Judy and Mary as rivals. She likes soda, and dislikes cleaning and steep hills.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Wears a black hat with two points like cat ears.
- One-Letter Name: Also one-letter person because B-kun is a walking letter B wearing a party hat.
A funky dancer living in the USA who enjoys flirting with women. He likes cherry coke and yoga, and dislikes war and nuclear power plants.
- Funny Afro: it's also pink.
Wait, Bamboo again? Oh, you mean this is a different person- an impersonator, in fact. Sometimes referred to as Jungle, this copycat likes impersonating anyone and anything- except for children, he can't imitate them very well. He doesn't like children because of that.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Purple skin.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "tree" and goes well with his song Der Wald/The Forest.
- Our Gnomes Are Weirder: He's some kind of kobold, a german sprite.
- Sinister Scythe
- The Fair Folk
- Art Initiates Life: Was originally a doodle drawn by a kid.
- Black Bead Eyes
- Crossover: From Rakuga Kids.
A girl living in Paris, France, born on September 22nd. Her hobbies include reading and travelling. She likes caramel and coffee. The medical costs that come with owning a cat is something she doesn't like.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
- Cameo: Waka-san appears in Ben-K's LOSE animation.
A young girl from Strawberry Land who loves to ride on her carousel horse named Mary.
A woman from Capri, Italy, born on November 11th. She enjoys driving and pistachio ice cream. She dislikes divers with bad manners.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: She has white hair but it still counts.
- Hartman Hips
- Stripperiffic: Wears a bikini top everywhere.
The mascot of the BEMANI game BeatStream, born on December 25th.
- Crossover: From, well, BeatStream
- Name's the Same: In a rare case in which two characters in the same game have the same name, her name is identical to that of character Bisko, just spelled differently.
A spunky girl born on January 28th, living in Japan. She loves singing and confetti, and dislikes rain.
- Bare Your Midriff: In 14.
- Curtains Match the Windows
- Fashionable Asymmetry: In 14 she wears a detached sleeve on one arm but not on the other.
- Name's the Same: In a rare case in which two characters in the same game have the same name, her name is identical to that of character BisCo, just spelled differently.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: In 14.
Born August 16th in Cupertino, California, Bit enjoys playing laser tag and watching anime. He dislikes it when game servers are down.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Completely white skin.
- Horned Hood
- Frickin' Laser Beams
- Making a Spectacle of Yourself
A young man fighting in a revolution, his birthplace is the 9th research institute, culture building and birthday is October 28th. He dislikes genetic manipulation.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: White skin.
- Artificial Human: Maybe.
- Multicolored Hair: Half black, half white.
Bob the Spider
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Neon yellow, purple and green birds.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: And even better than that is Bob sledding on rainbows!
A rocking duet who lives in Japan, their birthday is March 2nd. They like to work out their muscles and perform live. They dislike cold places.
An avid game collector and arcade game machine maker.
- Smug Smiler: His default expression.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: A green chicken and a pink donkey.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: All the members sans the rooster.
- Shout-Out: To The Bremen Town Musicians.
- Funny Animal: A bear.
- Cymbal-Banging Monkey
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Making the already creepy Cymbal-Banging Monkey even more creepy.
A carefree girl living in a flower garden in Fairy Tale Land. She spends her time singing and collecting flowers. She likes honey, and dislikes bug spray.
- Cute Monster Girl: A bee girl.
He comes from α Carinae Star and his birthday is on June 27th. He likes to collect the memories of stars, which he stores in a blue disk. He dislikes it when stars die.
A superhero out to save the world.
- Red Is Heroic: Wears a red suit.
- Henpecked Husband: His wife is described as bossy.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Has a long blue cape.
- Playboy Bunny: Wears a bunny costume, and is known as the "Dealer Bunny."
A melancholy bishop from the country of sand, his birthday is June 9th. He hates war and wishes to live in a place of peace. He enjoys making sand castles every day. He dislikes water and tears.
- Nice Hat: Looks like a sand castle with bandages.
- Peek-a-Bangs: One of his eyes are covered by his hair.
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: Only partial; you can still see one eye.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Her military hat has bunny ears.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Pink hair and eyes.
- Custom Uniform
- Girlish Pigtails
- Moon Rabbit
- Zettai Ryouiki
A former model living in France, currently the manager of a cafe in Paris.
A doll living in France, born on December 29th.
A member of a shady organization in the UK. He enjoys watching spy films, though people wonder whether or not he's studying the movies for work or he just personally enjoys it.
A young girl who works at the Town Of Legend Hotel in Scotland.
- Anime Hair: Not as extreme as other cases but her hair defies gravity and curls upwards.
- Oireland: Let's see, she wears primarily green, plays the bagpipes and comes from Scotland.
Cheriri & Susie
- Multicolored Hair: Cheriri's hair is striped two colours of pink.
- Flower in Her Hair: Has one on the side of her hair, referencing the title of the song.
He was born in Rotterdam, Netherlands on May 16th.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal
- Funny Animal: A rabbit.
- Sweet Tooth: Really likes chocolate.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
Ciel lives high above the clouds with Teru Teru the fairy. Her birthday is on December 12th. She spends most of her time playing with Teru Teru, but hates having fights with the fairy, as fighting makes the weather turn bad.
A Swedish shepherdess born on September 25th. She loves yodeling and snow, and hate the wolves that eat her sheep.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: In the background of their song.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: White skin.
- Luminescent Blush: Has one in her Great animation.
- Monochromatic Eyes: Solid blue eyes.
- Projectile Kiss: Does this in her Great animation.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Blue skin.
- Frickin' Laser Beams
- One-Way Visor
A man from Glasgow, Scotland. He likes chess and classical music. He dislikes being late.
- Blinding Bangs: His eyes are covered by his long curly hair.
- Gratuitous English: The background of his stage says "Here is Deep Black Forest".
- Horned Humanoid: Has small, blue sheep horns.
- Numerical Theme Naming: His name is Count Ten and he appears in Pop'n Music 10. His birthday is also on December 10th.
- Funny Animal: A poodle.
- Animate Inanimate Object: A cup with a smiley face.
A high school student who runs a hair salon. He's Makoto's brother.