As Pony Fantasy VI turns the whole cast into Composite Characters, here's a Cast List:
The Mane HeroesDue to space limits and the size of a the average pony name, only a handful of charcters' names fit and all have a nickname based on their name.
- Amazon Brigade: The entire playable cast, includeing the secret and temporary characters, are female. The ghost, the only character unchanged compared to FFVI has no revealed gender.
Twilight Sparkle as Terra Branford (Twi)
- Break the Cutie: Being enslaved by the Empire from foalhood doesn't exactly leave her well-off, even after the brainwashing wears off.
- Dark Magical Girl
- Playing with Fire
- Squishy Wizard
Applebloom as Locke Cole (Bloom)
- Berserk Button: "Ah'm not a filly!" Calling her a thief doesn't sit too well with her, either.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Started Walking the Earth in hopes of discovering her talent and gaining her cutie mark.
- Filly With Psycho Weapon: She's the team's Tool user, meaning she gets to run around with an Autocrossbow, Drill and Chainsaw.
- The Heart: Works to keep everypony on track, and tries to help both Twilight and Trixie learn about Friendship.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Justifies stealing by claiming she's never taken anything from anypony who didn't deserve it. Bear in mind she says this right before swiping a merchant's clothes for calling her a thief.
- The Not-Love Interest: Towards Trixie, serving as her Morality Pet and reinforcing The Power of Friendship.
Princess Celestia as Edgar Figaro (Tia)
- A Taste of Power/Early-Bird Cameo: Not Celestia herself, but her treasured Esper Stone, Unicorn, which lets her, Luna, Twilight, and Trixie potentially learn all of its spells before Espers are properly introduced later on.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Early on, she's noticably less squishy than Twilight and can fight just as well as she can cast magic.
- Magic Knight
- Summon Magic: Her unique skill is being able to Summon her equipped Esper over and over again, instead of only being able to call on them once per battle like everypony else.
Princess Luna as Sabin Rene Figaro (Luna)
- Bare-Hooved Monk
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Magic Knight: Can be built into this by using Espers, whereas her big sister starts as one.
- Large Ham
- No Indoor Voice: She starts off using her ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE! all the time, save for an aside to Tia. However, after encountering Fluttershy, she learns how to dial it back in a somewhat familiar fashion for normal conversations, busting it back out whenever appropriate.
Fluttershy as Shadow (F-Shy)Delicate and demure with the sweetest little voice, but be careful, or else she'll give you... THE STARE!
- Acrophobic Pegasus: The only pegasus who can't Soar, due to having The Stare instead. To compensate for this, when she first joins the party, she's carrying a Pony Feather which lets her float in battle.
- The Atoner
- The Dreaded: Courtesy of rumors about The Stare.
- Guest-Star Party Member: The first few times she joins the party are only temporary; like Shadow, she can even opt to leave after a certain number of battles.
- People Puppets: The Stare gives her control over a single enemy.
- Shrinking Violet: So much so she can't stand up against the reputation her Stare has brought her.
Trixie Lulamoon as Celes Chere (Trixie)
- Dark Magical Girl: Unlike Celes in the orginal game, Trixie can't use many of the swords that Celes can and instead limited to staffs and daggers early on, relegating her to this rather then a Magic Knight. (On the other hand her Runic... er Unicorn, command can be used with any weapon since she uses her horn)
- Break the Haughty: The World of Ruin can break her if Sethisto dies.
- Cape And Wizard Hat: Which is reflected in her starting equipment in later versions.
- Deal with the Devil: The Empire augmented her with the ability to learn magic; in return, she became a Great and Powerful General.
- HeelFace Turn
- Insult of Endearment: When they first meet, Trixie starts calling Applebloom 'little hayseed'.
- Insistent Terminology: "The Great and Powerful Trixie"
- Shadow Archetype: While Twilight was enslaved by the Empire due to her natural magical talents, Trixie willingly joined them in order to be infused with her powers, and is extremely proud of her abilities.
- Shock and Awe: While originally An Ice Pony like Celes, as of v0.95 she now learns the Bolt family naturally rather than Ice.
- Third Pony Pony
- Unknown Rival: Towards Twilight, who doesn't really care.
Applejack as Cyan Garamonde (AJ)
- Badass Normal
- Bare-Hooved Monk: In addition to her Bushido skills, she practices Ansatsu just like Princess Luna.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Starts as this when defending Sweet Apple Castle.
- Failure Knight
Pinkie Pie as Gau (Pinkie)
- The Berserker: Notably Averted; unlike Gau, Pinkie usually doesn't fall out of the player's control after selecting a Random attack. (The exceptions being when the selected moveset includes automatically casting Berserk on herself, such as Brawler).
- Confusion Fu
- Mega Manning
- Tastes Like Friendship: To recruit her, Luna and Applejack just have to drop by Ponyville and buy her a Cupcake.
Rainbow Dash as Setzer Gabbiani (Dash)
- Attention Horse: Plans to kidnap Sparkler and hijack the lead role in the opera.
Scootaloo as Mog (Scoot)An eager young tomboy just dying for adventure. And whatever you might have heard, she is most definitely NOT a chicken!
- Dance Battler
- Verbal Tic: "Ba-kak!"
- You ALL Look Familiar: When the herd of Scootaloos shows up to help Applebloom protect Twilight.
Rarity as Strago Magus
- Big Sister Instinct
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Casts Ice magic in a cutscene before joining the party, but doesn't know any Ice spells when she first joins. (While she does know a Water/Wind Blue Magic attack, she doesn't name it when casting in that scene.)
- Glasses Pull: Always dons her designing glasses when casting Magic.
Sweetie Belle as Relm Arrowny
Discord as Kefka
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Carrying the Antidote: After your first battle with him, he drops a Harmony Band, which blocks the very same status effects he kept casting during the fight.
- Darker and Edgier: Though some of his dialogue is certainly still amusing, his general demeanor is surprisingly more serious than Kefka's or even his own canonical appearance on the show, giving rather straightforward dialogue in lieu of some of Kefka's more memorable one-liners.
- Off-Model: His sprites for his battles in Neigshe and the final boss fight are clearly mirrored versions photoshopped out of screenshots on the show. As a result, his arms appear to be on the "wrong" sides.
Gilda Griffon as Emperor Gestahl
- Famous Last Words - Et Tu, Brute?: Her reaction to Discord's betrayal is rather sad, as it implies her realization that there is no one left on her side in the end. "Not...You...too?"
- She Is the King: Called an Emperor rather than Empress.
- Totally Radical
- Well Done Daughter Gal: She at one point says that her goals of conquest stem from her desire to live up to her fathers expectations (Quite unlike either Ghestal or Gilda as separate characters).
Zecora as Commander Leo
- Guest-Star Party Member
- Least Rhymable Word: As part of her Famous Last Words, she sets up a rhyme with "orange".
- Killed Off for Real
- A Mother to her Stallions: Like General Leo, she shows far more respect for her Mooks than other Imperial Commanders and chews one of her subordinates out for being so hasty to dive into a dangerous situation.
- Rhymes on a Dime