The many unique characters of Polyhistor Academy.
The current main character, Mikelle is the child of two graduates of Polyhistor Academy. He entered the academy in an effort to understand what his parents went through, and because to do otherwise would feel like a betrayal to their history. An accomplished artist, researcher and illusionist, his greatest strength is undoubtedly his mind.
- Badass Bookworm: He spends more time at the Library than pretty much anywhere else. He has an Olympic-level physique, and wield a sword.
- Boring, but Practical: His most used abilities? Invisibility, and memory enhancements.
- Gender-Blender Name: His parents have weird taste in names, apparently.
- Healing Factor: Can increase his natural healing speed, at great cost.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Has the ability to fire an Hadoken. Sadly, it is completely useless.
- Master of Illusion: His specialty is illusions. He can drive people insane with them, at the extreme end.
- Ninja: Has been compared to one, as it lends itself well to his skills.
- The Power of Love: A believer of this, despite his normally rational attitude.
- Taking Advantage of Generosity: Something he's worried about with regards to Mia.
- Telepathy: Has the ability to determine what a person is thinking about, if they let him, and can send short messages or images to those in his line-of-sight. Rarely used, as they aren't particularly useful.
- Tragic Keepsake: Lucia's sword, which serves as a constant reminder of the life he took.
Mikelle's roommate, a young (looking?) boy, with a fondness for cross-dressing cosplay, and is a legitimate genius.
- Crossdresser: Tends to wear elaborate female dress-up costumes as clothes.
- Creepy Crossdresser: He doesn't seem to realize his attire is strange in anyway.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Absolutely. He independently invented a teleporter, a BiggerOnTheInside water tank and uses drones to attend class.
- Ocular Gushers: Does this once. Mikelle suspects he used magic.
- Younger Than He Looks: Maybe?
A friend of Mikelle, and world-class moocher, Graham is constantly getting into trouble, which causes problems for Mikelle at times. A member of the Theater Club.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Generally enjoys fights, and is a definite Large Ham. He even celebrated when he found out his bounty outstrips any other freshman's.
- Large Ham: The people in the cafeteria have become accustomed to his outbursts.
- Power Incontinence: His Aeromancy is always on to some degree. As its effects are caused by prolonged exposure, moving away from someone for a while will fix the problem.
- Power Parasite: His Aeromancy allows him to steal things from people, ranging from their magic, to their health and intellect. Though it takes a while to become permanent.
A student from Indonesia and budding artist, her reasons for coming to Polyhistor Academy is unknown, other than it being recommended to her. A member of the Art Club, and currently Mikelle's lover.
- Blind Seer: Never opens her eyes, but sees anyway. Can also see magic (or at least geomancy), but cannot perceive hue.
- Deaf Composer: A colourblind artist.
- Desperately Craves Affection: A noted trait, and suspected reason for her affection.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Mia has trouble focusing when Mikelle's naked.
- Elemental Powers: As a Geomancer, this is what she specializes in.
- Extreme Doormat: When it comes to Mikelle. He suspect she wouldn't mind if he murdered her, which worries him.
- Loving a Shadow: Something Mikelle fears might be the case.
- Terrible Artist: Mia, at the beginning of the story, is a terrible artist. She improves with proper guidance and experience.
A serial killer who gained notoriety early in the story, with powers based on the dual concepts of "Attraction" and "Repulsion". Her first victim was Mikelle, who successfully escaped. Later killed by Mikelle.
- Charm Person: Had the ability to attract people to her in a dazed state through her voice and scent. Those who saw her crystalline skin-covering were also affected.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Since the more skin she exposed, the greater the effect, she killed naked.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Immune to piercing, slashing and fire.
- The Social Darwinist: She believed that those she killed were too weak to deserve life.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Her powers messed with her head, and the more she used them, the worse it got.
Wolfman (Unknown Name)
A first year member of the Blooded, exceedingly arrogant and melodramatic. Ambushed Mikelle, and was promptly killed.
- Explaining Your Powers to the Enemy: Was stupid enough to inform Mikelle about his sense of smell.
- Eye Scream: Mikelle shoved a Fun-Size Sword through his eye and into his brain.
- Fearless Fool: Showed no fear, and was definitely foolish.
- Large Ham: Rather overdramatic. Mikelle just finds it annoyingly pathetic.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Of the Super Toughness type, due to incredibly dense and durable muscles. Emphasis on the nigh.
- The Nose Knows: Which he used to detect Mikelle while Mikelle was invisible.
- Totally Not a Werewolf: Actual "Werewolves" are the result of a disease that went extinct centuries ago. This guy just used magic to take on a few wolf traits.
A small blonde girl, who was assigned to Mikelle as his target from the Blooded. Successfully ambushed and killed in broad daylight by Mikelle.
A bounty hunter/assassin after Graham. Killed by Graham with help from Mikelle.
- Invisibility: One of her abilities.
- Flechette Storm: Needles equipped with poison.
- Off With Her Head: How she died. Her skull was used as a Yorrick prop by the Theater Club.
- Poisoned Weapons: Yet another tool in her arsenal.
- Self-Duplication: She had an item that allowed her to do so.
- Teleporters and Transporters: A rune tattooed to the roof of her mouth allowed her to do so.
A member of the Blooded.
A member of the Art Club, Mel is short, flat-chested blonde girl with a foul mouth, and a perverted mind. Has a bitter rivalry with Cyris.
- Berserk Button: Commenting on her size and "size".
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: In her opinion, definitely.
- The Lad-ette: Could not be less unrefined and lady-like if she tried.
A member of the Art Club, Cyril is an unattractive, glasses wearing guy, with a stoic attitude. Has a bitter rivalry with Mel, and utterly hates Lau.
The leader of the Art Club, a formerly attractive hispanic man.
- Scars Are Forever: Due to not wanting to deal with Dr Park.
The Emissary of the Blooded
A fourth year who acts on behalf of the Blooded. Every chapter where he appears is titled in red on the index.
- Bullet Hell: He puts Mikelle through this as part of the Trial of Honour.
- Blind Seer: He's blind. Extrasensory abilities seem likely.
- Creepy Monotone: Speaks in a monotone - without moving his lips.
- Messenger: He is the Emissary of the Blooded. Before we even knew his title, he was a Mysterious Informant who inducted Mikelle into the Blooded.
The Chemistry teacher, Amy Blue is not much older than the students she teaches.
- Cool Teacher: A good teacher altogether, but inexperience and nervousness holds her back.
- Noodle Incident: She learned magic after winning a bet. What the bet was about, or what the price of losing was is something she refuses to say.
- Orphan's Ordeal: Outright subverted, as she herself notes. She was never adopted, but she had a pleasant childhood anyway, and as she never knew her parents, she never really missed them.
- Teen Genius: Completed compulsory education early, and ended up going to University as a teenager.
The oldest, longest serving and best teacher at Polyhistor Academy, Koslov is a master Geomancy, and one of the smartest people in the world. Very cool, and a former teacher of Kroll himself.
The school's Doctor, Park is unrepentant monster that has chemically castrated himself so as not be bothered by petty emotions. Both admires and hates Mikelle's mother.
- Mad Doctor: Dr. Park is a psychopathic monster, who regularly performs unwilling experiments and upgrades to students.
The constantly gender-changing assistant and creation of Dr Park, Nurse is a vital part of Parks work.
A friend of Mikelle's mother in school, the Librarians is also one of the highest ranking Enforcers that serve under Kroll.
- HotLibrarian/MagicLibrarian/ScaryLibrarian: The Librarian is one of the most powerful, dangerous and skilled magic-users in the world, and uses magic to enhance her already good looks.
- Master of Illusion: One of the foremost masters in the world.
A six-hundred year old Christian, Charlemagne is famous for 2 things: his incredible power, and his incredible hedonism. Described as a "Shonen Hero" by the creator in his youth, he wiped out most magical beings that posed a threat to humanity, beat the Avatar of Gaia, beat the Ubermensch(the embodiment of Perfection), and had sex with the embodiments of nearly every concept. Rules the Geomancy Division.
- The Archmage: The undisputed master of Geomancy, and a master of Hydromancy and Aeromancy as well.
- Dirty Old Man: Definitely.
- The Hedonist: Is concerned with his own desires more than anything else.
- Screw Politeness, I'm a Senior!: Politeness seems to be foreign to him.
- Willfully Weak: Has let age weaken his body and mind, as he finds beating and seducing people as an old man funny.
- World's Strongest Man: Once the undisputed holder for the title, now a serious contender.
The world's greatest scientist and spymaster, Kroll worked his way up from a humble background, into one of the most powerful and influential beings in the world. There are few places his influence does not reach, Kroll is both an amoral monster, and one of humanities greatest defenders. Rules the Hydromancy Division, and Headmaster of Polyhistor Academy.
- The Archmage: The undisputed master of Hydromancy. Does not possess Aeromancy, however, and his Geomancy is considerably less developed, though still dangerous.
- Berserk Button: Nobility, and legacies in general.
- Kicked Upstairs: Was made master of the defunct and shamed Hydromancy division, in an effort to get rid of him. It backfired.
- Master of Your Domain: As the undisputed master of Hydromancy, he's in complete control of himself.
- More Than Mind Control: The Enforcer's are completely and utterly loyal to him, due to his mastery of psychology.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Protects the world and encourages scientific advancement, because doing so helps his goals. Amongst many examples, he keeps Deimos distracted, and set up a system that magically removes cities out of Demeter's path.
- Self-Made Man: Went from nothing to one of the strongest beings in existence. Has a hatred for those who aren't this.
- World's Strongest Man: A serious contender for it.
A non-human refugee from another universe that has been eaten by Kronos, he seeks to gain the power to defeat Kronos, and free his universe and his people. Until then, he goes around the world, defeating magical threats without pause. Ruler of the Aeromancy Division.
- The Archmage: The undisputed master of Aeromancy, his Geomancy and Hydromancy are too shabby either.
- Our Elves Are Better: His species has been described as "elf-like".
- Reality Warper: His Aeromancy is to "win", allowing him to accomplish any task, with reality changing itself to match.
- The Stoic: Completely, to the point he's been described as "robotic".
- World's Strongest Man: A serious contender for it.
A ruler of a small country, proclaimed enemy of Charlemagne and courteous rival of Kroll, Van Graft is a powerful, but overlooked figure in the world.
- World's Strongest Man: A serious contender, and if you define "Strongest" as "Physically Strongest", the outright winner.
One of the Three Demons, Deimos is the reason why the Self cannot exist without a Mind. He is also the most sadistic torturer in existence.
- Humanoid Abomination: Uniquely amongst the Three Demons.
- Mind Rape: One of his many tools.
- Orcus on His Throne: Despite his overwhelming power and sadism, he tends to focus on individuals or small groups at a time.
- Torture Technician: It's what he does.
One of the Three Demons, Demeter is the reason why you cannot exist outside of a universe. "She" is also a rampaging jellyfish-monster that destroys entire cities.
- Eldritch Abomination: A giant jellyfish thing that flies through the air, wiping out anything it comes across.
One of the Three Demons, Kronos is why you cannot exist until you exist. "He" is also a giant snake-worm that devours entire universes.
- Eldritch Abomination: Larger than most universes.
- Cosmic Retcon: Anything devoured by Kronos retroactively ceases to exist.
A graduate of Polyhistor, and a high-ranking member of the Hydromancy Division, Mikelle's mother is the source of Mikelle's love of learning.
A graduate of Polyhistor, and a retired member of the Hydromancy Division, Mikelle's father is the source of Mikelle's love of art.