Professor Aurea Juniper
One of Unova's local Pokémon Professors, and the daughter of Cedric Juniper. She specializes in the origins of Pokémon.
- The Cameo: Her only appearance so far is during a meeting with the other Pokémon Professors in the main story.
Professor Cedric Juniper
One of Unova's local Pokémon Professors, the father of Aurea Juniper and a colleague of Oak for many years. He specializes in Pokémon distribution and biology.
- Everyone Went to School Together: He and Samuel Oak have been colleagues since their youth.
A young Dragon Buster in training from Nimbasa.
- Adaptational Badass: She's part of an elite military unit dedicated to removing corrupt gym leaders and Elite Four members. That unit is broken up into separate sub-units to counter the types their targets specialize in, and Georgia is part of the Dragon-Busters sub-unit.
- Adaptational Heroism: Her motivation now is fighting corrupt Gym Leaders or Elite Four members, instead of just seeking revenge against Dragon-types. Since she had Ice-type Pokémon on her when she joined, she was given the choice to join the Dragon, Flying, Ground and Grass-Buster sub-units, ultimately choosing Dragon.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her parents were murdered by the serial killer The Reaper/Ghost-Type Gym Leader Eric Knudsen.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She got a Pawniard as a present from the orphanage right before she joined the Busters.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Her Pawniard.
- An Ice Person: When she was young, she had a Cubchoo and a Vanillish. By the present time, her Cubchoo evolved into Beartic.
- Man Bites Man: In her Gaiden, she managed to take The Reaper's knife away by biting his hand, after delivering a Groin Attack.
- Orphanage of Love: She spent a couple years in one of these, before leaving to start her training as a Buster. She got along nicely with the other orphans and the caretaker.
A young Pokémon Connassieusse from Unova.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: Ash meets her aboard the S.S. Anne in Kanto, as opposed to Unova.
- Adaptational Intelligence: She's a full-fledged Connaisseuse, and a very good one at that (ranked A-Class as opposed to C-Class as in canon).
- Adaptational Nice Guy: She's no longer an antagonistic, Small Name, Big Ego wannabe but a full-fledged, much calmer Connaisseuse.
- Age Lift: Is closer to Ash's current age.
- Gratuitous French: She greets Ash by saying "Bonjour".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
A young agent of the International Police interested in following Cipher's tracks.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: In the Adventures manga, the only reason he dated Yancy was because he was investigating her as a possible Team Plasma member, and breaks up with her once he learns she isn't. Here, while they don't officially get together, he's more considerate to her feelings and more honest about his reasons to not to pursue a relationship, admitting that he does like her. He isn't a sociopath like his manga counterpart either.
- I Have Many Names: His aliases include Nate, Lack-Two and Arata. Blake is his preferred choice for a name, although on the job he's referred to as Black no. 2.
- Making a Splash: His main Pokémon partner is his Dewott.
- Married to the Job: The reason he chooses not to pursue a relationship with Yancy despite liking her, at least for the time being.
- Teen Genius: Is barely old enough to be a trainer, yet he managed to put together the clues to get the International Police on the trail of Cipher and trace them to Orre by himself.
Jeffrey "Jeff" Isaac
A former trainer of Unova, and a friend of Cipher Peon Shawn. Had to settle down for a different job after he failed to qualify for the Unovan League.
- 24-Hour Armor: His starter Mizutaro is noted to be constantly clad in Samurai armor since it was an Oshawatt. Backfires when the two are surrounded by Cipher grunts as it gave Exol an opening to hold it in place and unable to help its trainer from being killed.
- Forced to Watch: Though not shown in explicit detail, its all but stated that his Mizutaro was forced to do nothing but watch as Jeff was killed by his best friend. This may have played a factor in how it became a Shadow Pokemon so soon afterwards.
- Friendly Rivalry: Had this with Shawn when they started as trainers.
- He Knows Too Much: Ended up getting killed by his friend for being in the wrong place at the worst time.
- Killed Offscreen: Borderline example, since we don't get to see how he was killed.
- Making a Splash: His starter, a Dewott named Mizutaro that's constantly dressed in Samurai Armor. After he's killed, Mizutaro ends up becoming a Shadow Pokemon and is owned by Shawn.
- Posthumous Character: By the time of the Looker Interlude, he's this.
- The Promise: Made a promise to battle Shawn in the Pledge Grove to see who was the better trainer. Unfortunately, he chose the worst time to do that.
- Small Role, Big Impact: Despite being killed off in his first appearance, his murder actually leads the International Police on the trail of Cipher to Orre.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Killed off in his first appearance.
A trainer who travels around the world to learn how to be a great cook. The boyfriend of Betty Snyder.
- Expy: Dressed like a waiter and with his interest in cooking, he brings to mind the Striaton Triplets while they are off... being whatever the author has in store for them. Chapter 27 of the main story even shows him with a Pansage like Cilan does, while the Holiday Special 2017 shows that he also has a Pansear and a Panpour.
- Supreme Chef: Betty fell in love with him partly due to his cooking.
A 16 year old Unovan trainer and winner of the Unova League the year before Ash begins.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Has the same issue he has in the manga. That is, he's so single-mindedly focused on his dreams that he needs his Musharna to eat them so he could focus on other things.
- Head Pet: By need, he has to keep his Musharna on his head to eat his dreams.
- Motor Mouth: He talks without making pauses to breathe without his Musharna.
- Named by the Adaptation: Black does not have a canonical last name in the Adventures Manga.
- Nice Hat: Wears a red and white one.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Winning the Unova League certainly counts.
- You Are the New Trend: Other people have copied his quirk of letting Musharna eat their dreams, believing it'd help them in battle. It doesn't work because they don't have Black's specific mental makeup that makes having a Musharna chewing on his head helpful and efficient.
A famous supermodel who works under the name Electra, and has worked before with Gym Leader Elesa. Betty Snyder's mother.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Her Galvantula is part Bug-type.
- Glamorous Single Mother: Between being a famous supermodel, and earning enough to afford a luxury apartment, she's definitely on the upper-class end of the single mothers spectrum.
- Good Parents: From what is seen, she and her daughter get along very well.
- Shock and Awe: Her Galvantula is part Electric-type.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Lacks the Z-shaped marks, but is otherwise identical to her daughter.
A trainer and descendant of the People of the Vale. Son of Juanita and older brother of Carlita.
- Disappeared Dad: His father died when his sister was only a baby.
- Mind over Matter: All three of his pokemon are Psychic-Type
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Wants to reunite his scattered people and bring the kingdom of the Vale to its former glory, regardless of methods.
A young woman from Castelia City. Gray's late girlfriend.
- Death by Adaptation: Died before Ash even reached Unova in this timeline.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Mentioned to have a Druddigon.
- Posthumous Character: She died some time prior to the Clair Interlude.
A young supervisor of the BW agency, and Black Gaiman's caretaker.
- Related in the Adaptation: Hilda's sister.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Is introduced wearing a white bikini and sarong.
A famous teenage idol from Unova. Occasional stage partner of Curtis.
- Living a Double Life: As per canon.
- Nice Girl: A very sweet and modest girl.
- Non-Elemental: Likes Normal-type Pokémon, and owns a Spinda.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Curtis, despite the fact the media often pegs them as a couple.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Has pink hair and is a very sweet girl.
- Teen Idol: As per canon.
A famous teenage idol from Unova. Occasional stage partner of Yancy.
- Bishōnen: He's rather good looking.
- Curtains Match the Window: Has green hair and green eyes.
- Living a Double Life: As per canon. Apparently, this killed a relationship he had, for keeping it a secret from his girlfriend, and advices Yancy to not to do the same with Nate.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Yancy, despite the fact the media often pegs them as a couple.
- Teen Idol: As per canon.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.
An aspiring trainer from Nuvema Town who hasn't started her journey because of her Overprotective Dad. She's also a fan of Elesa.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Some things never change. She bumps her head on a table when bowing to thank Elesa for her advice.
- Fangirl: Of Elesa.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. She has the same name as Bianca from Alto Mare.
A strange young man who wears a Watchog costume, and commands an army of Patrat. Thinks himself a superhero.
- Heroic Wannabe: Thinks himself a superhero, but he more often than not just sticks his nose into others' business.
- Non-Elemental: Has an army of Patrat under his command.
- You Are Number 6: Due to the amount of Patrat he has, he refers to them by numbers.
An astrophysicist who specializes in the study of dark matter, who lives in Area 28 of Unova with his Elgyem. He has an interest in extraterrestrial life.
- Mundane Utility: Capable of building functional rockets, and he uses them to deliver Christmas presents to the kids in the nearby town.
The Nimbasa City Gym Leader, who specializes in Electric-Type Pokémon. She's also a famous supermodel.
- Action Fashionista: Obviously, given her job as a supermodel.
- Cool Horse: Her Zebstrika is her most used Pokemon.
- Ms. Fanservice: A famous supermodel, and she posed for a swimsuit calendar. She apparently doesn't model underwear however.
- Poor, Predictable Rock: Her models and even Volkner suggest she should use a larger variety of Electric-type Pokemon since her strategies were becoming predictable. Thanks to Volkner her team now has a greater variety.
- Red Baron: The Shining Beauty.
- Sexy Santa Dress: Decides to wear one and use it for her Christmas cards.
- She's Got Legs: And not afraid to show them off in a bikini. At least, not to Volkner.
- Shock and Awe: Electric-type specialist.
- The Tease: She has started to send Volkner pictures of herself, and he's worried the album of 'Just for you' pictures will be full by the end of the year.
- Worthy Opponent: Seen as one by Volkner after defeating her in the World Tournament. The two are on friendly terms and even gave him a few Unovan Pokémon for his team, and he in return lets her use Sinnoh Pokémon for her team.
The Driftveil City Gym Leader, who specializes in Ground-Type Pokemon. Runs a successful business in mining, and also helps "failed" trainer and coordinators to get back on their feet.
- Berserk Button: Clay doesn't like people taking his pick axe, or waggling their finger at him. Not that it stops the Nurse Joy who did both those things from getting away with it.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ground-type specialist.
- Fastball Special: Does this in his oneshot with his Excadrill and Seismitoad.
- Honest Corporate Executive: Runs his business ethically, and does philanthropical work on the side.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He might be rough around the edges, but is a good person.
- Oh, Crap!: He goes through a moment of this when he realizes he's trapped on board a ship moving out to sea.
The Mistralton City Gym Leader before Skyla, he specialized in Flying-Type Pokémon. A legendary pilot in his time, and grandfather of Skyla.
- Blow You Away: Flying-type specialist.
- Cool Old Guy: He's very close to his family, and very friendly to the challengers coming to his gym.
- Retired Badass: Officially retires and hands the Mistralton Gym to Skyla at the end of Skyla Gaiden.
The Mistralton City Gym Leader, who specializes in Flying-Type Pokémon.
- Be Yourself: Miles was unwilling to hand the Mistralton Gym over to her until she realizes that she has to be herself instead of trying to be just the next Miles. She eventually realized it at the end of her Gaiden.
- Blow You Away: Flying-type specialist. In addition, her signature move makes good use of this.
- Friend to All Children: She goes off to personally deliver Christmas presents for the kids, even all the way to Lentimas Town.
- Generation Xerox: Played with. Miles was perfectly fine with Skyla seeing him as a role model and a source of inspiration, but he was concerned that Skyla was trying to be too much like him. This led him to delay officially handing the Mistralton Gym over to Skyla until she realized that she doesn't have to be just like him.
- Mixed Ancestry: Her father is Unovan while her mother is strongly implied to be from Johto.
- Ms. Fanservice: She posed for a swimsuit calendar. And then there's what she normally wears.
- Signature Move: Created the move Wind Works, which creates a weather condition on the field that gives the advantage to Flying-type Pokemon.
- Weather of War: Her signature move involves creating wind currents that her Flying-types can use while her opponents try to adapt.
The Icirrus City Gym Leader, who specializes in Ice-type Pokémon. A famous action movie actor.
The Opelucid City Gym Leader and Mayor, who specializes in Dragon-Type Pokémon.
- Badass Beard: Clair outright calls it the most imposing facial hair among all gym leaders, and even without factoring it in he's quite badass.
- Cool Old Guy: He's 73 and he's still one of the strongest gym leaders in his region.
- Papa Wolf: Do not, under any circumstances, belittle his children or grandchildren. His anger is enough to scare even Clair, even when not directed her way.
- Rated M for Manly: According to Clair, he exercises by doing flexing with his Haxorus.
- Red Baron: The Spartan Mayor.
One of Unova's Elite Four, who specializes in Ghost-Type Pokemon.
- Badass Bookworm: Likes reading and writing, and one of the four strongest trainers in the region.
- Meganekko: Wears glasses and is studious and occasionally awkward.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Specializes in Ghost-Type pokemon to control dangerous ones.
One of Unova's Elite Four, who specializes in Dark-Type Pokemon. He's also a Professional Gambler.
- Affectionate Nickname: Shauntal calls him Grimmy, which he doesn't mind.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Specializes in Dark-Type pokemon, but is a good person.
- Impoverished Patrician: Like in canon, his family has lost all its wealth.
- Last of Its Kind: The last of his once proud family.
One of Unova's Elite Four, who specializes in Fighting-type Pokémon.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Specializes in Fighting-type Pokémon.
- The Ghost: Has yet to make an appearance.
- Super Mode: According to Black, he recently got a Sawk hinted to be capable of Bond Phenomenon.
Unova's current Champion.