Taichi "Tai" Kamiya
Tai is the first season's leader, and bearer of the Crest of Courage. He's a reckless blockhead at times, willing to jump into anything, and this gets him into serious trouble when he gets the idea in his head that, since the Digital World is digital, he can't be killed. The realization that this isn't the case freezes him right in his tracks, and when he overcomes it, he makes the proper jump from "not afraid" to "courageous." Despite his recklessness, he's a warm, encouraging guy, very friendly, and the team just doesn't work without him.
It was because Tai picked the Agumon card in this timeline that open the rifts to pokearth, and Tai feels responsible for bringing such chaos to another world.
- Anime Hair: One of anime's famous examples
- Berserk Button: Upon learning Myotismon's army set up a bounty on Kari, Tai charged out to Saffron seeking her out.
- Big Brother Instinct: He'll go crazy when Kari is in danger. She's also the only one who convince him everyone needed rest after fighting Venom Myotismon then go after the Dark Masters
- Big Eater: When the Pokemon Center allowed them free food for being heroes, boy did Tai and Agumon took advantage of this!
- The Hero: Of the Digimon side
- Goggles Do Nothing: The progenitor of this trend, by proxy of Digimon V-Tamer 01.
- Fearless Fool: Willing to charge into battle with little thought.
- Figure It Out Yourself: Just like in the anime, when Tai asked Piximon how to bet the Dark Masters, the little pixie just replied him with this.
- Hotblooded: Why else is his digimon fiery?
- Heroic BSoD: Upon his arrival into a Pokemon Center, he is reminded of hospitals. Fans who remember a certain episode during the Machinedramon mini-arc will recall why.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Holds the burden for starting the Mon Wars.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Matt's blue.
- Shonen Hair: Even more apparent nowadays without his goggle-strap-reinforced headband to hold it up.
- The Atoner: Feels responsible for bringing in the digimon to Pokearth, as he choose the wrong card
Tai's Digimon partner, who resembles an orange baby Tyrannosaurus. Like most, he has a personality similar to his Digidestined partner, if a little less hot-headed.
His digivolutions are as follows:
- In-Training: Koromon(Normal-type)
- Rookie: Agumon (Fire-type)
- Champion: Greymon (Fire-type)
- Ultimate: MetalGreymon (Fire/Steel-type)
- Mega: WarGreymon (Dragon/Steel)
- Artificial Limbs: MetalGreymon's left arm is mechanical.
- Bishōnen Line: WarGreymon
- Chest Blaster: MetalGreymon
- Cyborg: MetalGreymon
- Deadly Upgrade: SkullGreymon, has yet to be brought into the web series yet
- Dem Bones: SkullGreymon
- Dragons Are Dinosaurs: They certainly breath fire. WarGreymon, basically a T-Rexpy with a humanoid body, is identified as a dragon man
- Dracolich: SkullGreymon
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Fiery Salamander
- Flash Step: WarGreymon can do these.
- Heroic Build: WarGreymon.
- Kamehame Hadoken: WarGreymon's Terra Force! attack. It more resembles Goku's Spirit Bomb attack, to the point of Shout-Out territory.
- Kill It with Fire: A huge assortment of Breath Weapon attacks, like Agumon's Pepper Breath and Greymon and onward's Nova Blast. WarGreymon uses this in the vein of Ki Manipulation.
- Lightning Bruiser: WarGreymon.
- Mighty Glacier: Greymon and MetalGreymon, though he's still relatively mobile.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: MetalGreymon is a giant, flying Tyrannosaurus rex with mech armor and nuclear warheads in his chest!
- Non-Mammalian Hair: WarGreymon and MetalGreymon have short hair flowing from their helmets.
- Nuke 'em: MetalGreymon can launch tactical nuclear missiles.
- Our Dragons Are Different: WarGreymon is identified as a Dragon Man, he's basically a humanoid T-rex wearing armor.
- Weapon of X-Slaying: WarGreymon's Dramon Destroyer claws are highly effective at...well, destroying Dramon type Digimon.
Yamato "Matt" Ishida
Matt wants everyone to think he's a brooding bad boy, but he's actually rather sensitive. He has issues trusting people (himself most of all), and he's very overprotective of his younger brother, TK. This causes him to be very cautious (although not as cautious as Joe), which results in a lot of clashes with the get-out-and-go Tai. Despite (or perhaps thanks to) all this, his crest is Friendship.
- Aloof Big Brother: Has difficulty trying to be a big brother
- Anti-Hero: Type II.
- Big Brother Instinct: While he struggles to be a big brother, he'll always rush to T.K.'s side
- Death Glare: Don't piss him off, or one will get this
- Hair of Gold: Very blonde hair
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Boy does Tai ever stresses him out, and if not him, there's the evil digimon
- Ineffectual Loner: Tends to be by himself a lot
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Can be this way at times.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Tai's red
- The Lancer: While Tai is The Hero, Matt is The Lancer
- The Power of Friendship: His crest
Matt's partner, a horned yellow reptile-like Digimon who, rather oddly, appears to wear a skin of white fur rather than having a natural coat. Something of a milder Foil to Matt, he often criticizes his selfish moments but sticks by him regardless.
His digivolutions are as follows:
- In-Training: Tsunomon (Normal-type)
- Rookie: Gabumon (Fire/Ice-type)
- Champion: Garurumon (Ice-type)
- Ultimate: WereGarurumon (Ice/Fighting-type)
- Mega: MetalGarurumon (Ice/Steel-type)
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: His pelt
- An Ice Person: Specially his final form.
- Canis Major: Garurumon is bigger than most automobiles.
- Cyborg: MetalGarurumon is a smaller, cyborg version of Garurumon
- Don't Look at Me!: He doesn't like to be seen without his pelt.
- Fur Against Fang: When he goes one-on-one with Myotismon, it seems to invoke this trope. Unfortunately for him the fang half seems to be far more powerful...
- Ki Manipulation: WereGarurumon's Wolf Claw and Garuru Kick can be used in this fashion to give him ranged attacks
- Lunacy: WereGarurumon possesses an attack that consists in a kick which unleashes a moon-shaped shockwave.
- Macross Missile Massacre: MetalGarurumon
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Would follow Matt, even if it put him at odds with the other Digidestined.
- Nice Guy: Gabumon
- Our Werewolves Are Different: WereGarurumon, who looks like a furry punk in leather. Also a subverted Bishōnen Line.
- Spikes of Doom
- Technicolor Fire: His Breath Weapon as both Gabumon and Garurumon.
- Too Many Belts: As WereGarurumon.
- Undying Loyalty: He is a canine, after all.
- Wall Crawl: WereGarurumon practices this with impressive speed.
The group's mother figure, and owner of the Crest of Love. Sora is a sweet girl, but doesn't really see that aspect of herself very well. She spends most of her time mediating fights between Tai and Matt, and keeping the group in line. She doesn't always have the patience for it, but she tries anyway.
- Action Girl: Digimon's earliest example
- Cool Big Sis: When not the Team Mom, she can be said to be the big sister of the group
- Fiery Redhead: She has flaming-red hair and is more active than your average Chick.
- The Heart: Its her crest's symbol!
- Meaningful Name: "Sora" is Japanese for "sky." Guess who has the bird Digimon?
- Nice Hat: Oddly, it's a helmet sometimes
- Parental Abandonment: Mom is emotionally distant and Dad is a workaholic.
- The Power of Love: Her Crest.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Her shirt has no sleeves
- Team Mom: When not being the Cool Big Sis
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Mimi's Girly Girl.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: What her Education Mama, who is one already, wants her to be. Later, though, they make amends.
Sora's pink-feathered bird-like partner, who often causes her some angst with her loyalty and gentleness. More than a bit hyper.
Her digivolutions are as follows:
- In-Training: Yokomon (Normal-type)
- Rookie: Biyomon (Fire/Flying-type)
- Champion: Birdramon (Fire/Flying-type)
- Ultimate: Garudamon (Fire/Flying-type)
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: She wears a ring around her leg
- Braids, Beads and Buckskins: Garudamon.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Spiral Twister!
- Genki Girl
- Giant Flyer: When evolved. It's worth noting that of all the final forms of the protagnists' Digimon, Garudamon is tied with MegaKabuterimon as the largest of the lot.
- Love Freak: At least when it comes to Sora.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Birdramon, who is a cross between a bird and a dragon.
- Noisy Nature: As Birdramon, she's prone to letting out a loud avian shriek.
- Nonmammalian Hair: Garudamon has long (valkyrie?) braids but is otherwise clearly a bird-mon.
- The Phoenix
- Playing with Fire: Biyomon, Birdramon, and Garudamon all have fire based attacks as their main weapons.
- Polly Wants a Microphone
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Not as obvious as with Izzy, but you'll notice her speech patterns are more antiquated than the other Digimon.
- Technicolor Fire: Her Spiral Twister attack.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Pink? Check. Jewelry? Check. Hair like structure? Check. Long blonde hair, in Garudamon's case? Check. Yeah, she's a girl.
- Wind Is Green: Her "Spiral Twister" ability, which basically looks like a flaming green hurricane.'
Koushirou "Izzy" Izumi
Basically, Izzy is the one who can actually think his way out of a paper bag, which is only supported by his Crest of Knowledge. He's very curious and logical, and somewhat unsure of himself socially. He carries around a laptop computer, and his reactions to various problems are nearly always a variation on "If I learn enough, I can fix it."
His biological parents died when he was very young, and his father's cousins adopted him, having recently lost a child of their own. They kept this a secret from him, but he accidentally heard them talking about it, and was devastated. After this, Izzy sank himself into his computer as an escape, probably to learn everything he could. At the same time, he loves his parents deeply and is very well-behaved for them.
- Bad Liar: Izzy tends to babble nervously, laugh awkwardly, and come up with weak sounding stories when he is placed on the spot and he is asked questions that he cant answer.
- Character Exaggeration: His "computer nerd" status has exaggerated by Mimi when she joked to the news saying "Izzy's girlfriend is his computer'. Needless to say, Izzy was not amused
- Child Prodigy: Despite how young he is, he's able to understand the digital world's complex nature
- Deadpan Snarker: Has made snarky remarks
- Doing Research: The kids would never have gotten very far without Izzy's laptop. It does 98% of everything in the series except digivolve, be a digivice and induce the character development of traits that the digidestined need.
- Happily Adopted: While he loves his parents, he went through a series of denial as he learned he's adopted
- Mr. Exposition: Boy does he ever!
- The Smart Guy: His crest is knowledge!
- Wise Beyond Their Years: You'd think the schools would let him graduate early by now!
Izzy's partner, who resembles a red winged robotic insect. Not as brainy as his partner, but sometimes with a little more common sense. Tends to rein in Izzy when his quest for knowledge goes a bit too far.
His digivolutions are as follows:
- In-Training: Motimon (Normal-type)
- Rookie: Tentomon (Bug/Electric-type)
- Champion: Kabuterimon (Bug/Electric-type)
- Ultimate: MegaKabuterimon (Bug/Electric-type)
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Which terrifies Misty, of course
- Giant Flyer: Of all the final forms of the protagonists' Digimon, MegaKabuterimon is tied with Garudamon as the largest of the lot. Kabuterimon also tends to be portrayed as the largest of the Champion-level Digimon, though this tends to fluctuate somewhat between him and Birdramon.
- Deadpan Snarker: Results in some Snark-to-Snark Combat with Izzy.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: While as Tentomon he has a pair of vestigial arms, Kabuterimon and MegaKabuterimon have a fully functional extra pair.
- Shock and Awe: The originator of electricity being the go-to element for insect Digimon.
- The Watson: Izzy tends to have to explain what he's doing to him, and thus us.
She's the girl, basically. Somewhat prissy and spoiled, she doesn't always seem to "get" the situation, and is sometimes rather selfish without really realizing it. She matures into a kind, sweet, pacifistic figure, befitting her status as holder of the Crest of Sincerity/Purity. However, once she realizes how high the stakes are, she breaks down and refuses to continue, but comes to realize that some fights simply must be fought.
- Brutal Honesty: Sometimes tells the truth straightforward
- The Chick: Pretty much the girliest member of the group
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Her Digivice temporarily become green when Palmon digivolves into Lillymon.
- Genki Girl: Pretty excited and happy-go-lucky. Her first reaction to hearing the Team Rocket motto? Cheer!
- Nice Hat: A cowboy hat to be exact!
- Ojou: A nice and friendly version
- Plucky Girl: A very happy-go-lucky gal
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: With Sora
Mimi's partner, a plant-like Digimon who perhaps is the steady roots to Mimi's flights of fancy.
Her digivolutions are as follows:
- In-Training: Tanemon (Grass/Normal-type)
- Rookie: Palmon (Grass-type)
- Champion: Togemon (Grass/Fighting-type)
- Ultimate: Lillymon (Grass/Fairy-type)
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Togemon's gloves
- BFG: Lillymon's Flower Cannon!
- Bishōnen Line: Lillymon
- Boisterous Bruiser: As Togemon
- Combat Tentacles: Palmon's Poison Ivy attack.
- Fragile Speedster: As Lillymon. She can't take too much punishment, but she's so fast that she's a force to be reckoned with.
- Green Thumb: A plant digimon
- Plant Aliens: A plant-based lifeform from another dimension, both from Earth and Pokearth!
- Plant Person: Lillymon
- Our Fairies Are Different: Lillymon, now with Fairy-type on Pokearth thanks to Pokemon X And Y
- Spike Shooter: As Togemon, with her needle storm.
- Red Boxing Gloves: As Togemon
Because he's the oldest, Joe thinks he should be the responsible one and take care of the other kidstoo bad he's a total pushover with no self-esteem. He's cut deeply whenever he realizes that people think of him this way, and tries to make up for it with acts of reckless selflessness that make Tai look positively cowardly. Perhaps the closest thing to a father figure in the group. His crest is that of Reliability.
- Butt-Monkey: Boy does the others like to joke around with him
- Nerd Glasses: Wears glasses
- Team Dad: Oldest member of the group, does what he can to be a voice of reason
- The Medic: Uses his medical knowledge to heal the digimon and other Digidestined when needed
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Literally, his hair is blue
Joe's partner, a seal-like creature. The biggest Foil Digimon of the first season, with his optimistic and silly nature often clashing with Joe's much more serious nature. Despite his playfulness, Gomamon is level-headed enough know when to take risks and bright enough to keep Joe from giving in to despair. He's also has Fourth Wall Awareness
His Digivolutions are as follows:
- In-Training: Bukamon (Normal-type)
- Rookie: Gomamon (Water-type)
- Champion: Ikkakumon (Water/Ice-type)
- Ultimate: Zudomon (Ice/Electric-type)
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Zudomon's belts.
- An Ice Person: Ikkakumon's Northern Lights in the PSP game.
- Atlantis Is Boring: Gomamon's Marching Fishes attack is used very scarcely across the entire series; when it is used, it certainly proves to be incredibly useful for traversing water. Thanks to T Ms, Gomamon can no be Making a Splash
- Badass Moustache: Zudomon.
- Beware the Silly Ones: The joker of the group, yet his Ultimate form has a weapon that can damage Chrome Digizoid, a nearly indestructable metal.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: He makes lampshading comments all the time!
- Cute Little Fangs
- Drop the Hammer: Zudomon's Vulcan's Hammer.
- Facial Markings: As Gomamon
- Fiery Redhead: A mohawk as Gomamon
- Flight: Bukamon.
- Hammerspace: Where do those fish come from, exactly?
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Bukamon, and his Digivolutions.
- Keet: Pretty eccentric
- Macross Missile Massacre: Ikkakumon's Harpoon Torpedo.
- Magikarp Power: Starts off as a rookie thats not much of a fighter (without the T Ms) but as he digivolves, becomes The Big Guy!
- With just Zudomon's first digivolution, he gave Devimon trouble, the same digimon who down six of their champions easily!
- Making a Splash: In theory. The "attack" that comes closest to this is Marching Fishes. As Ikkakumon, he uses Non-Elemental attacks and as Zudomon, his main attack consists of Shock and Awe.
- Mighty Glacier: His Digivolutions.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: Zudomon.
- Odd Friendship: With Joe.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Always count on him for a joke
- Sea Monster: Mon stands for monster, and he's an aquatic-base creature
- Shock and Awe: Zudomon's Vulcan's Hammer.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: As Gomamon again
Takeru "T.K." Takaishi
- "I don't want to fight, ever!"
Matt's little brother, and the youngest Digidestined (at first). As the quote may say he doesn't like to fight... but when he does, hoo boy. His crest is Hope.
- Cheerful Child: Always tries to look on the bright side
- Children Are Innocent: His crest is hope and he's partner is an angel!
- Dead Sidekick: Death Is Cheap, mind. However, he and Angemon got back at Devimon in a Giant Space Flea Out Of Nowhere
- Divorce Is Temporary: He never gives up hope that his parents will remarry.
- Kid-Appeal Character: A second grader
- Morality Pet: For Matt.
- Nice Hat: A big green hat to be exact
- Tagalong Kid: His digimon hadn't digivolve much until Angemon's return at the battle against Giratina and Devimon.
- Theme Naming: Along with his brother, named after folk hero Yamato Takeru.
TK's partner, who starts off looking like a pig with wings, and the most childish of the Digimon. And as it turns out, also the most powerful.
His Digivolutions are as follows:
- Rookie: Patamon (Normal/Flying-type)
- Champion: Angemon (Light/Flying-type)
- Angelic Beauty: His Digivolutions.
- Best for Last: The final partner to reach both Champion and Ultimate forms, probably because they were so broken. Interestingly, T.K. was the second DigiDestined to activate his crest.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Angemon is generally kind and caring, but he has no patience for evil doers.
- Bishōnen Line: His Digivolutions.
- Blob Monster: Poyomon.
- Blow You Away: Boom Bubble.
- Blush Sticker: Tokomon.
- Cool Helmet: His Digivolutions.
- Cue the Flying Pigs: Well, not literally, but considering his picture, the stuff he pulls off comes across as pretty damned unlikely.
- Ear Wings: His wings are his ears
- Flight: Why he's a flying-type on pokearth
- Gold and White Are Divine: Angemon
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: His evolutions have the expected feathery angel wings, but Patamon himself has bat-like wings typically associated with evil beings.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Angemon like pretty much all angel digimon, have blonde hair.
- Hand Blast: Angemon's Hand of Fate.
- Head Pet: Rides on T.K.'s head a lot
- Holy Hand Grenade: Extremely strong against undead and demonic opponents... which tend to fill the role of Big Bad in this season.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: As Patamon
- Light 'em Up: He brought Light-types to Pokearth
- Light Is Good: He's an angel and he's a light-type
- Loincloth: Angemon and Seraphimon.
- Magikarp Power: He's easily the weakest of the main Digimon, and can't do much in a fight. Then he digivolves into Angemon...
- Meaningful Name: Tokomon. Tokoton translates to "the very last."
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Tokomon
- Mr. Fanservice: Angemon
- Our Angels Are Different: His Digivolutions.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Patamon
- Simple Staff: Angemon's Angel Rod.
Hikari "Kari" Yagami
- Affirmative Action Girl: Uncounting the pokemon trainers, became the third female digidestined
- Big Brother Worship: Admires her brother
- Big "NO!": When Wizardmon is killed.
- Blessed with Suck: Her power takes a physical toll on her.
- Cheerful Child: As cheerful as T.K.!
- Distaff Counterpart: To TK.
- Ill Girl: The current page image, in fact. She had pneumonia in Adventure, and that's why she couldn't go to the class trip and didn't join her fellow Digidestined until later.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Has both a real-life pet cat and a cat Digimon.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Yes, she's the eighth child
- Light Is Good: Her crest is light!
- Little Miss Snarker: Can make a snarky remarks
- Meaningful Name: "hikari" is Japanese for "light," and guess who has the Crest of Light?
- Missed the Call: As mentioned above, she was ill. Coincidentially, her partner was in the hands of a Big Bad by then, having been lost as an egg and taken in by Myotismon... which raises the question of what would've happened had Kari not missed the call and gone to the Digital World anyway.
- Naïve Everygirl: Subverted. She is sweet and kind and gentle, but tries her best to hold her own.
- Sixth Ranger: Newest member to the main digidestined
The last of the Digimon partners, who eventually partners up with Kari. The only partner who spends most of her time in Champion form (not that it's easy to tell) and her more frank toughness is rather a contrast to Kari's youthful innocence. Spent her whole life working for Myotismon until, helped by Wizardmon, recalled her destiny. With Ryo, they saved Kari and took her to Pokearth to meet up with the other Digidestineds.
Her Digivolutions are as follows:
- Champion: Gatomon (Normal/Light-type)
- Ultimate: Angewomon (Light/Flying-type)
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Her Holy Ring
- Angelic Beauty: Angewomon.
- Badass Adorable
- Bare Your Midriff: Angewomon
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: Basically her backstory - being tormented for years led to her becoming Myotismon's leading henchmon. Prior to her defection, she seems to enjoy being a bitch.
- Cats Are Magic: An interesting variation, in that Gatomon is the cat associated with Wizardmon. Its like a classic Wizard-Familiar relationship, except that they are good friends.
- Cats Are Mean: Subverted upon her HeelFace Turn.
- Cats Are Snarkers: Expect her to make snarky comments now and then
- Cat Folk: She's a cat
- Cat Smile: When She Smiles
- Chainmail Bikini: The little armor Angewomon wears consists of her helm and a breastplate. A "breastplate" which amounts to little more than a metal bra.
- Cool Helmet: Angewomon.
- Cute Bruiser: WAY stronger than she looks.
- Cute Kitten: Even though she's an adult digimon
- Cute Little Fangs: A Cat Smile
- The Dragon: Was one of Mytoismon's top lieutenants, capable of giving the heroes a good fight.
- Co-Dragons: Technically with DemiDevimon, since they share about the same status within Myotismon's legion. However DemiDevimon is so underpowered, it's clear that Gatomon was the real Dragon.
- Distaff Counterpart: Angewomon to Angemon.
- The Dog Bites Back: Perhaps if Myotismon hadn't made a habit of abusing her terribly, she wouldn't have shot an arrow through his heart.
- Energy Bow: Angewomon's Celestial Arrow.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Angewomon.
- Fingerless Gloves: Allows her claws to stick out.
- Flight: Angewomon.
- Gold and White Are Divine: Angewomon.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: The aforementioned evolutions have big feathery angel wings (of course).
- Guardian Entity: What drove her on in life: Knowing that she was meant to find and defend someone. And this is even before becoming Angewomon.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Most humnaoid angel Digimon have blonde hair. It's one of their things.
- Hidden Eyes: Angewomon's helm covers up her eyes. They do exist, and can be seen in her evolution sequence.
- High-HeelFace Turn: Myotismon's only other female minion was a Dokugumon.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: And how! Before she met Kari, Gatomon only could remember her hatred against everyone and the brutal punishments she used to get at a daily basis. She even forgot about the day when she met Wizardmon! Of course, she got better.
- Lightning Bruiser: She managed to take on six Digimon on the same digivolution level easilly.
- Light 'em Up: Like Angemon, brought the Light-type to Pokearth
- Light Is Good: Upon re-discovering her memories.
- Light Is Not Good: Pre-HeelFace Turn.
- Made a Slave: As Salamon, was made to be a slave to Myotismon.
- Metamorphosis Monster: Her Digivolution line is quite random.
- Ms. Fanservice: Angewomon.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Cute little kitty defeated the group all by herself. Though she is a natural Champion level Digimon while they're all natural Rookies.
- Opera Gloves: Angewomon has one.
- Our Angels Are Different: Angewomon.
- The Paralyzer: Angewomon's Heavens Charm seems to have this effect on evil Digimon.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She's a Champion level, but she's much smaller and more powerful than most of the other kids' partners! This is justified by her evolving naturally to her Champion stage while the others require the children's power to do so.
- The Power of Hate: What kept her going for most of her life.
- Power Source: Her Tail Ring. Without, her strength is reduced to that of a Rookie.
- Precious Puppy: Salamon.
- Pungeon Master: Cat-related
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to DemiDevimon's red, though she could also be seen as the red to Wizardmon's blue.
- Right-Hand Cat: Literally for Mytoismon.
- Scars Are Forever: Has an X-shaped scar on her left paw from Myotismon, but it's normally covered by her glove. She has a glove on the same hand as Angewomon.
- Sensual Spandex: Angewomon.
- Sixth Ranger: With Kari, of course
- Team Mom: Being more introverted and mature than most of the other Digimon, she has a tendency to herd them or provide insights into what's going on with the children.
- There Is Another: the 8th Digimon
- Thinking Out Loud: Does this while observing on Kari, speaking her thoughts about her cloudy past. Wizardmon hears this, and asks her a question. Gatomon, not realizing she was thinking out loud, gets angry and tells him to stop reading her mind.
- Too Many Belts: Angewomon.
- Tuckerization: Salamon is named after dub producer Terri-Lei O'Malley's pet cat.
- Wolverine Claws: Gatomon's claws, which are huge and stick out her gloves.
- Zen Survivor: After taking years (if not decades) of brutal servitude, Gatomon ends up being wiser and tougher.
Main hero of the Digimon WonderSwan Series. With the Digidestined sent to the wrong world, someone had to protect Kari and help her get to the others. Ryo's destiny was called early and he was given a special digivice. With HeelFace Turn Gatomon and Wizardmon (he's temporary partner) they opened the gateway to Pokearth, however Myotismon and his army followed.
Upon Myotismon's defeat and Wizardmon's death, it seems Ryo's destiny hasn't ended and he was called back to the digital world. Its revealed his digivice is special, as he can bond with other wild digimon (but can't digivolve them). His mission is to defeat a Dark Master, one certain one; Machinedramon. Now where could this adventure lead too?
- Broken Ace: Upon Wizardmon's death
- Canon Immigrant: While he was in the Digimon Adventure universe (as one can see him in Ken's flashbacks) his story originate from the WonderSwan video games only released in Japan, so No Export for You. Western fans best knew Ryo from his appearance in Digimon Tamers.
- The Drifter: Has become this after Wizardmon's death
- It Sucks to Be the Chosen One: After Wizardmon's death, questions wither he should be part of the adventure
- Meaningful Name: "Ryo" means "Distant".
- The Only One: A key part of his backstory. There was a certain extraordinarily powerful, extraordinarily evil digimon that only he could defeat because said digimon was his partner. He had to learn the very, very hard way to stand on his own as a tamer, and it shows in his attitude towards the others. He doesn't mind hanging out with them, but he'll leave to do his own thing at the drop of a hat.
- Stepford Smiler: Wizardmon's death is only one blow that will be to come, to anyone who knows the games.
- Walking the Earth: Alone but with a team of digimon
A minion of Myotismon who is more than he seems, and has strange powers even by Digimon standards. Gatomon's only real friend (at first) who turns out to greatly influence the story. Became the first to side with Ryo, and with Gatomon, they saved Kari and took her to Pokearth to meet up with the Digidestineds.
- A Wizard Did It: Not Just for Pun, but see Scarily Competent Tracker below.
- Almost Dead Guy: Keeps himself alive to ensure that he fulfills his destiny.
- Badass Cape: Complete with Instant Runes.
- Black Mage: With various forms of Black Magic.
- Calling Your Attacks: Averts this when necessary.
- Cats Are Magic: An interesting variation, in that Gatomon is the cat associated with Wizardmon. Its like a classic Wizard-Familiar relationship, except that they are good friends.
- Coat, Hat, Mask: Coat is small though
- Combat Medic: Has healing spells
- Dark Is Not Evil: Worked for Myotismon but really sided with him for Gatomon's shake. Never was keen on the vampire lord's plans since the beginning
- Determinator: Oh, yes indeed. See Squishy Wizard below.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: Died to protect Kari and Gatomon
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Hes a wizard.
- Fireballs: One of spells
- Foil: To Gatomon and Myotismon. Gatomon is his female counterpart, who is more of a physical fighter than a magical one, and with a tough personality but cute looks, all of which are the inverse of Wizardmon's traits. Similarly, Myotismon is a tall, blonde, blue-eyed and menacing magic user with extreme toughness and power, but Wizardmon also has blonde hair, blue eyes, uses magic, is of smaller size, and his gentle ways, as well as his noble and honorable sacrifice, highlight their similarities and contrasting differences... and just how evil the vampire really was.
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself: Like a few members of Myotismon's crew, Wizardmon was able to walk in broad daylight without drawing attention to himself. He poses as a street magician, producing balloons and doves with sleight of hand.
- Frothy Mugs of Water: He bribes DemiDevimon with a bottle of Sake.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: One of the first visual hints that hes not actually evil. Goes well with his blue eyes.
- Healing Hands: Healing spells
- Heroic Sacrifice: For Tailmon and Kari
- I Owe You My Life: Gatomon once saved him from starving to death and from his crushing loneliness. Ever since then, he became completely devoted to her.
- Lip Lock: One of the few Digimon characters completely immune to this. The only time we see his mouth we discover that he has literal Lip Lock. His lips are stitched together. It doesn't prevent him from eating or speaking though.
- Loners Are Freaks: He was this before he met Gatomon, though he subverts the Ineffectual Loner trope as well later on.
- Within the RP, its been hinted he was cast out by Witchmon
- Magicians Are Wizards: An interesting variation in that while he poses as a stage magician at first, he still wears his full wizard outfit.
- Magic Wand: Look closely and you'll see it's in the shape of a Digitama (Digi-egg), or a Tamagotchi. Word of God says it's a Mythology Gag and a Shout-Out to the original Digital Monsters.
- Morality Chain: For a long time, only his presence kept Gatomon from being a full-blooded villainess.
- Mysterious Past: Witchmon under Mermaimon's crew implies to have knowing and defeating a Wizardmon, is it the same one? Beyond that, nothing is known of Wizardmon's past
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: He's about TK's size!
- Platonic Life-Partners: He and Gatomon were each other's only friends for a while. Needless to say they seemed quite close.
- Robe and Wizard Hat
- Scarily Competent Tracker: He was the first one in Myotismons crew to successfully locate Kari, then brought Gatomon to her.
- Squishy Wizard: Subverted. He's small, but man, he took a lot of punishment before dying: surviving two One-Hit Kill attacks, being tossed into the ocean, blasted by magic into a wall by a superpowerful vampire and then using his body as a shield to block a third One-Hit Kill spell, and even lasting long enough after that to say his last words. Also played straight in that he's a bit of a Glass Cannon, but he manages to get up after he's been hit by something insanely powerful.
- Stage Magician: He poses as one of these to avoid drawing attention to himself in the Real World.
- Taking the Bullet: Is killed when he takes an attack meant for Gatomon and Kari.
- Undying Loyalty: To Gatomon and Gatomon alone. Well, Kari too, by extension.
- Zipperiffic: Just look at his outfit!
A (at first) friendly wild lion-like Digimon who fights for the weak and helps the kids, though without entirely trusting them. Thanks to being shined light from Tai's digivice, he's now able to Warp Digivolve into Saber Leomon. As requested by a Waspmon, he journeys alongside Ryo and Ogremon to help the former deal with the Dark Masters.
His digivolutions are as follows:
- Champion: Leomon (Fighting-type)
- Mega: SaberLeomon (Normal-type)
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Thrice in one arc!
- Gentle Giant
- King of Beasts
- Martyr Without a Cause: Becomes his recurring purpose in each show.
- Mega Neko
- Panthera Awesome
- Reverse Grip: Wields his sword in this manner.
- Too Many Belts
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- Worthy Opponent: To Ogremon.
Leomon's rival and foil, an uncouth brute with a sense of humor. As his name indicates, he resembles an ogre.Since the Digidestined left File Island, Ogremon had became a bandit, robbing those that pass through the canyons. When attacking Hiro's group, he was shined upon by Willis' digivice, giving him the ability to Warp Digivolve just as Leomon. Like the lion-man, he too was asked to joined Ryo's team.
His digivolutions are as follows:
- Champion: Ogremon (Dark/Fighting-type)
- Mega: Titamon (Dark/Fighting-type)
- Carry a Big Stick: His weapon
- Dark Is Not Evil: Following his HeelFace Turn.
- The Dragon: For Devimon.
- Dumb Muscle: The Big Guy in Ryo's team
- HeelFace Turn: Once Devimon's minion, now sides with Ryo to save the Digital World
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Again, after his HeelFace Turn.
- Not Brainwashed: He was the only one who served Devimon out of his own free will.
- The Rival: To Leomon.
- Worthy Opponent: Again, to Leomon.
The All-Loving Idiot Hero of the series. Hailing from Kanto regions Pallet Town, Ash is a brave young boy full of energy and passion who lets nothing stand in the way of his dream To Be A Pokémon Master. However, his pokemon journey have taken a new turn as suddenly digital monsters started to invade his world. Ash's D-Sphere is red and he receives the crest of Determination. While Pikachu is his main pokemon, the one who recieves the power of the sealed evolution is Charizard.
- Always Second Best: In a Take That! to the anime during his encounter with Datamon, he reveals Ash would never win a Pokemon League. Taken worse during a dream Ash had a sneak peak to all his defeats at the Pokemon Leagues of Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova in the original timeline.
- Ash Face: Pun not intended. Even when Charizard starts to obey him again, the big flaming pokemon will often torch his face as a greeting.
- Badass Normal: Ash might be trainer, but being a Fearless Fool, he'll often do things himself. Such as strike Myotismon himself just to get Kari's crest back!
- Berserk Button: Don't even abuse pokemon before this kid, wither you be human or digimon
- Big Eater
- Big Word Shout: "PIKACHU!!!!!!!!"
- Book Dumb: Give him a written test on Pokémon or ask him what moves a given Pokémon learns, etc. and he'll fail every time. Battle him, on the other hand, and the opponent will find themselves going up against a skilled trainer.
- Bookends: The sighting of Ho-Oh during the original series.
- Break the Cutie: On MANY occasions. See Break the Haughty below
- Break the Haughty: Whenever Ash begins to feel too overconfident about his skills, this is what tends to happen. Especially when Datamon drops the bomb about his future status and then he had the dream of his defeats at every pokemon league, while all his friends will move on with their lives
- Character Development
- Charm Point: His hat.
- Chaste Hero: Ash is this trope. He didn't know Melody (of Pokemon 2000) was flirting with him, let alone how jealous Misty was getting!
- Chick Magnet: Sadly he's Oblivious to Love
- The Chosen One: If being the hero in the prophecy in Pokemon 2000 isn't enough, Ash receives a D-Sphere (digivice for pokemon trainers) and a crest, becoming a Digidestined of Pokearth!
- Cool Down Hug: Needed it in a dream as he sees all his friends are moving on with their lives and he's still battling pokemon leagues, always losing and not going anywhere.
- Confusion Fu: When he isn't being an Idiot Hero, one of his greatest strengths in Pokémon battling is coming up with off-the-wall strategies on the fly that surprise his opponents. Such as when he had all his pokemon attacked at once on Myotismon, resulting in an explosion!
- Culture Blind: It's suprising how a guy who is so obsessed with Pokémon could be so completely ignorant of others in the other areas.
- Determinator: And HOW. Its now even his crest! He goes on par with Tai in terms of Hot-Blooded
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu??: A whole army of ultimate digimon, highly levelled pokemon and champion digimon barely was able to scratch Myotismon, yet Ash himself went in and attacked him and managed to steal back Kari's crest?!
- The Ditz: He's an Idiot Hero alright
- Genius Ditz: He's really quite talented in Pokémon battling.
- Diving Save: Ash repeatedly shields his Pokémon from falls in this fashion, even the ones that are so big they end up crushing him! He even performed this to save Melody from drowning.
- Dragon Rider: Upon Charizard obeying him again, taken to 11 when Charizard evolves!
- Facial Markings: The Zig-Zags on his face
- Failure Is the Only Option: Has been giving glimpses and hints to the original timelines on where he'll never win a Pokemon League
- Fingerless Gloves: Never leaves home without them.
- Goal in Life: Why, to be the very best, of course!
- Hot-Blooded: For Arceus's sake, he even got a crest for it now!
- Idiot Hero: Gets smarter in regards to Pokémon training, but he stays an idiot in other areas.
- In a Single Bound: Inexplicably, Ash can leap many times his own height.
- Innocently Insensitive: From time to time.
- Interspecies Friendship: Mostly with Pikachu, but he considers all of his Pokémon to be his friends.
- Iron Butt Monkey
- Let S Get Dangerous: He's a Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass alright!
- Meaningful Name: His last name is Ketchum, as in 'Gotta Ketchum All'!
- Nice Guy: Well, his heart is bigger than all the regions AND the Orange Islands combined, so to speak.
- Nice Hat
- Oblivious to Love: Much to Misty's regret. As advised by Melody, she may have to make the first move.
- Papa Wolf: Never hurt his friends, human or Pokémon. He even tends to go to more reckless lengths in order to save them when they're in danger.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Gary's blue.
- To Be a Master: A Pokémon master!
- Trying Not to Cry: After realizing through a dream how much times he'll loose Pokemon Leagues while his friends will move on. Will this fate be in this timeline too? Only time will tell.
Ash's rival when he started off as a Pokémon trainer. Gary would usually one-up Ash and take any chance to insult him when they met up. Like Ash, he too was giving a D-Sphere (blue) and a crest (Humility).In the beginning, Gary treated fighting digimon just like he would do during his pokemon journeys, during the battle against Myotismon, he's suddenly realizing just how serious being a Digidestined is.
- The Ace: Gary seems to be pretty much be the best at what he does, and even claims to be the top trainer out of the four in his year who left Pallet Town, and is always at least two steps ahead of Ash.
- Always Someone Better: He's this to Ash
- Anime Hair: Not as bad as Tai's, but still wild.
- Brainy Brunette: He's quite a strategic trainer
- Break the Haughty: As if his Curb-Stomp Battle against Mewtwo wasn't enough, he gets reminded of it when his plans to weaken Myotismon fail. Even worse, he learns the hard way how serious things are when friendly and good digimon around die, like Wizardmon, Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Like Matt is to Tai, Gary is the blue to Ash's red.
Paula "Green" Midori
Based on the female character from Pokémon Adventures and Pokémon LeafGreen, she's one of the four Pallet Town trainers alongside Ash and Gary. Paula choose Bulbasaur and she was doing well on her journey until she had to take a route filled with her bird pokemon... he one true fear, based on a childhood trauma of being attacked on what she once believed to be an Articuno.Quitting the Pokemon League, Paula seeks a way to redeem her status, and when the digimon started showing up, she ended up involved. Like Ash and Gary, she too became a Digidestined. Her D-Sphere is green and her crest is Compassion.
- Action Girl: Pretty actiony
- Canon Foreigner: A character that yet to appear in anime
- Cool Big Sis: Has this impression
- Condescending Compassion: Her crest
- Face Your Fears: Struggles to overcome her phobia of birds
- Little Black Dress: Currently wears the black dress she wore in the original Pokémon Adventures chapters opposed to the outfit she wears in Pokémon LeafGreen
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Like in the manga, Paula has a fear of birds because she was attacked by one as a child. she literally went crazy when having to battle with a Kokatorimon.
An original character from Pokémon Adventures. Unlike the other three D-Sphere holders, Yellow isn't from Pallet Town but was born in Viridian Forest, which gives her empathetic abilities with pokemon, allowing her to heal and talk to them. The former of which is shown to be used on digimon too.She first entered the Mon Wars when she encountered the Digidestined near her village and offered to be their guide and heal their digimon when needed. Since then, she had been given the yellow D-Sphere and the crest of Clarity.
- Canon Foreigner: A character from neither the anime or games.
- Compressed Hair: Whenever she wears her hat, making others mistake her for a boy at first.
- The Medic: Yellow has the power to heal Mons.
- Nice Hat: Which she covers her ponytails with
- Psychic Child: Can read the minds of Pokémon and has limited telekinesis. She is the youngest of the first-generation protagonists.
- Samus Is a Girl: Most characters are surprise to find out she's really a girl
- Skilled, but Naïve: She's new to the world outside of the forest, especially technology