Character page for Plastic Memories.
- Voiced by: Yasuaki Takumi
The male lead. Tsukasa got a job through his father on Terminal Service No. 1 after failing his college entrance exams due to medical problems. He falls in love with the Giftia Isla the moment he first sees her and is assigned as Isla's spotter.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: In Episode 8, Tsukasa confesses to Isla that he wants to be with her until the end no matter how painful it is because he loves her. Unfortunately, Isla freaks out and rejects him.
- Audience Surrogate: Tsukasa fills this role as he, like new viewers, have no idea what the Terminal Service department does and is given an explanation on it.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Isla. Episode 3 is centered around him trying to get her to open up to him.
- Idiot Hair: Has a small cowlick that stands atop his head.
- Ill Boy: He flunked his college entrance exams because he got appendicitis. It is later revealed in Episode 7 that he occasionally tends to have fluctuating temperatures and blackouts as a result of overworking himself.
- Love at First Sight: Tsukasa falls in love with Isla the moment he meets her in Episode 1 when he runs into her crying in an elevator.Tsukasa: I think I have fallen in love with you without even knowing your name.
- MayflyDecember Romance: With Isla.
- Naïve Newcomer: Tsukasa is completely clueless to his new job and almost everyone there is a bit skeptical at being given a new employee.
- Nepotism: A variant, as having failed his entrance exams because he got appendicitis, Godou hires him only because Tsukasa's father is Godou's friend.
- New Meat: Non-military example. His co-workers are mostly skeptical of him and don't feel that he'd be a good fit in their department.
- Nice Guy: Kind, considerate and selfless.
- Official Couple: He becomes this with Isla at the end of Episode 10.
- One Head Taller: Than Isla.
- Robosexual: He is in love with Isla, a Giftia.
- Ronin: He ends up working at the Terminal Service Department after he fails his college entrance exams.
- Sempai/Kohai: He's Michiru's kohai.
- Stepford Smiler: Implied. While Tsukasa himself never shows direct signs of this, Michiru and Isla discuss if the reason he's always smiling is because he's always sad.
- Trying Not to Cry: He tries his best to not cry as he and Isla enjoy the little time they have to be together. He finally breaks down in the final episode when he has to retrieve Isla.
- Unbroken Vigil: After the incident with Marcia, he watches over Isla until she wakes up two days later.
- Voiced by: Sora Amamiya
The female lead. Isla is a Giftia who is said to be a veteran at the department and was once partnered with Kazuki as her marksman. However until Tsukasa arrived, all she did was serve tea at SAI Corp. She becomes Tsukasa's marksman and is put back in the field again. Her clumsiness and quirks make her job hard for her, though.
- Adorkable: Has some funny faces when reacting to some stuff such as getting a door slammed on her face after her attempt at a foolproof plan that she felt would work.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: In Episode 10, Isla tearfully confesses her true feelings to Tsukasa, telling him that she wants to keep making memories with him until the end.
- Asleep for Days: After the incident with Marcia becoming a Wanderer, she slept for two days straight.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: In episode 9, Isla concludes that she must stay away from Tsukasa for her last month of service due to the funny feelings she gets around him. Michiru tries to explain that what she was going through is commonly known as "love". Isla then immediately says she really must stay away, due to only having a month left, and didn't want to cause him pain afterwards.
- Broken Bird: Her experiences in her job have left her with deep emotional scars. Isla tells Tsukasa that their job is to tear apart the bonds formed by humans and their Giftia. He starts to wonder what she's suffered through to become this cynical. Episode 6 reveals that Kazuki having to part ways with her impacted her quite a bit.
- Brutal Honesty: Her diary is filled with this.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Isla is known for retrieving the most Giftias in the terminal service department. As the first episode illustrates, however, her methods are quirky to say the least, ranging from offering tea to customers to jumping off an apartment building to catch a runaway Giftia. Episode 10 implies it was a combination of "rustiness" and her emotional shell.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Initially, she goes around the apartment she shares with Tsukasa wearing only a shirt and doesn't even mind to change clothes in front of Tsukasa. After she falls in love with him and she and Tsukasa become a couple, Isla gets flustered from him seeing her cleavage and seeing her panties after she trips down the stairs. She later buys a pajama so this doesn't happen again.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She doesn't take it well when she hears Tsukasa is going to the festival in episode 8 with Eru and Andie, and insists on going with him.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She has these moments from time to time.
- Cry Cute: She looks adorable when she cries. Tsukasa fell for her the first moment he saw her with tears in her eyes.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She's always tripping and falling on objects. Justified since Isla only has 2000 hours left in her lifespan, meaning that she's beginning to lose her edge.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Isla is very aloof and emotionally distant due to her job and she doesn't want to get close to anyone or become attached to anything since her lifespan is nearing its end. Tsukasa eventually manages to bring her out of her shell and Isla comes to reciprocate his feelings.
- Devoted to You: Tsukasa is so devoted to her that he doesn't care that she has just a month left to live, he wants to be by her side and create memories with her until the very end.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: In the final episode, she's deactivated moments before her ferris wheel ride ends while hugging Tsukasa.
- Finger-Forced Smile: In Episode 4 she tries to use her hands to push her mouth into a smile. The result is not pretty. Zack even says she looks awful.
- Girlish Pigtails
- A Good Way to Die: She's retrieved by Tsukasa after spending her final day together with him at the amusement park she loved so much and she spends her final moments at the ferris wheel ride where she talks with Tsukasa one last time and they share their first and only kiss.
- Go Out with a Smile: She spends her final moments smiling and comforting Tsukasa, as she's satisfied with her life and the memories he gave her.
- Heroic Albino: Has silver hair, red eyes and pale skin.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: She usually laments that her clumsiness causes her to get in the way of the job and give Tsukasa trouble.
- High-Pressure Emotion: When Tsukasa confesses his feelings for her, Isla's face turns completely red.
- Idiot Hair: She has a small cowlick that stands atop her head. While Isla isn't an idiot, she's very clumsy and weird.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: She doesn't seem to see anything wrong with changing clothes in front of Tsukasa since she's a Giftia. She becomes more self-conscious about it after developing feelings for him.
- Last Kiss: She and Tsukasa share their first and only kiss as he deactivates her.
- MayflyDecember Romance: With Tsukasa.
- Mystical White Hair: Isla is a Gifitia who has nearly white silver-colored hair, which hints at her artificial origins.
- No Sense of Direction: Gets lost sometimes. Made worse because she's the driver of the car she and Tsukasa use to retrieve Giftia with.
- Oblivious to Her Own Description: When Tsukasa gives her a description of "a person he wants to give his thanks" (actually her), Isla says that must be an "annoying person".
- Official Couple: After facing highs, lows, and doubts, she finally becomes this with Tsukasa at the end of Episode 10.
- The Quiet One: She usually doesn't talk unless she has to. This makes her living with Tsukasa really awkward at first.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Rei Ayanami Expy: A Robot Girl with silver hair and red eyes who starts out as highly aloof and emotionally distant, but begins to open up thanks to her love interest. She's also in a decaying physical condition, since her 9-year lifespan is nearing its end.
- Robot Girl
- Selective Obliviousness: Has a moment of this in Episode 6 when Yasutaka hits on her and asks her out on a date.Isla: "Error. I cannot perceive Yasutaka."
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Isla's experiences in retrieving and terminating her own kind has taken a serious emotional toll on her by the time the series started. Even though she tries alternative jobs such as serving tea to fellow employees or takes up hobbies such as gardening, she still feels that the department's job is only to tear apart the bonds formed by humans and their adopted Giftia. There was also the incident in which she and Kazuki failed to retrieve Michiru's father on time and he became a Wanderer. Kazuki lost her left leg and ended their partnership afterwards, which left Isla deeply emotionally scarred.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She develops feelings for Tsukasa because he is a nice and considerate guy who would never abandon her.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's a really sweet girl, but she's also aloof, distant and reluctant to become close to anyone.
- Token Mini-Moe: The youngest-looking girl at SAI Terminal Service No. 1.
- Took a Level in Cheerfulness: Thanks to Tsukasa, she begins to become more open and cheerful as the series goes on.
- Unbroken Vigil: In Episode 7, she stays up all night watching over Tsukasa after he collapses during their date.
- Verbal Tic: Tends to end her sentences with -na no de.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Has no idea how to react to Tsukasa after his Love Confession to her at the end of episode 8. She spends much of episode 9 talking about it with Michiru.
- When She Smiles: Isla has a cheerful smile in episode 6 after Tsukasa says he still wants to be partnered with her, despite being told by Kazuki she only has about a month left before her limit expires. She later smiles again when he sees her back at the dorm.
- Your Days Are Numbered: In Episode 2, it is revealed that Isla has 83 days left to live. By Episode 9, her already-limited lifespan dwindles down to 1 month.
- Voiced by: Chinatsu Akasaki
Michiru is a 17-year-old employee who works at SAI Terminal Service No. 1 and is Tsukasa's superior by one year.
- Adorkable: She has moments like this, especially when not working, such as accidentally falling asleep in her room instead of the one she was supposed to be sharing with Isla and Eru. She ends up getting woken by Tsukasa, and gets embarrassed that he saw her "getting up" face.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Has feelings for Tsukasa, but never acts on it.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She doesn't like to see Tsukasa getting close to Isla. At one point in episode 4, she even wonders why thinking about him and Isla gets her so irritated. And in episode 8, she wonders what kind of secretive meeting Tsukasa is having with Eru. She also tries to console Isla in episode 9 regarding her feelings towards him, though it doesn't work too well.
- Expy: Of Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion. They're both Tsundere Fiery Redheads with blue eyes.
- Fiery Redhead
- Girlish Pigtails: She's seen with twintails in The Stinger, probably to look like Isla.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a pair of hair accessories that look like cat ears.
- Hopeless Suitor: Realizes this in episode 9 after Tsukasa says he still wants to be Isla's partner until the very end, even after knowing the truth about her remaining operational time.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: After Tsukasa says he wants to be Isla's partner until the bitter end, even knowing the extremely limited time she had left, Michiru immediately realizes she's a Hopeless Suitor. She wipes away her tears and says she'll support their relationship. And in episode 10, after Isla gives him an Anguished Declaration of Love, she seems genuinely happy for the two.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She may chide Tsukasa from time to time, but she does seem to care about him and Isla, such as making him food when he was sick, or after he hadn't eaten for a day after Isla rejects his Love Confession.
- My God, What Have I Done?: She comes to regrets her short-tempered, haughty, and strict treatment of Tsukasa and Isla in Episode 9 once she realizes that Isla only has a month left to live.
- Parental Abandonment: Though in her case it was because her Giftia father had to be retrieved due to him being expired.
- Raised by Robots: Her "father" was a Giftia.
- Sempai/Kohai: She's Tsukasa's sempai.
- Tsundere: She's short-tempered, impatient, haughty and prone to jumping to conclusions, but she can be nice and helpful when she wants to. She's especially harsh and condescending towards Tsukasa when she clearly has feelings for him, although she won't admit it.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Because she didn't want to let Kazuki and Isla retrieve her adoptive father and tried to run away with him, he became a Wanderer, severely broke Kazuki's leg and R.Security had to shoot him down.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears black thigh-high stockings.
- Voiced by: Sayuri Yahagi
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Annoying Younger Sibling: He isn't really Michiru's little brother, but he plays the part really well and he loves to tease her and get on her nerves.
- The Comically Serious: Can pass for this at time, mainly with Michiru, but with others as well.
- Deadpan Snarker: Tends to do this towards Michiru a lot, especially when it's about Tsukasa.
- Deliberately Cute Child: On occasion.
- The Gadfly: He loves to tease people around him and reveal their innermost secrets. Especially Michiru's.
- He does this more toward Humans than Giftia, for some unknown reasons.
- Little Miss Snarker: A male example. So much snark in such a tiny body...
- Token Mini-Moe
- Voiced by: Megumi Toyoguchi
Tsukasa's boss at SAI Terminal Service No. 1. She was once Isla's spotter and is highly protective of her.
- An Arm and a Leg: She lost her left leg after the incident with Michiru's father three years ago.
- Artificial Limbs: Her left leg is a prosthetic.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: She only needs to have about three drinks to pass out.
- Cry Cute: Does this in episode 10, after Isla talks to Tsukasa about wanting to spend her remaining time with him making new memories.
- Expy: She resembles Misato from Neon Genesis Evangelion in many ways, being the boss and mentor figure for the main character and a Hard-Drinking Party Girl whose refrigerator is stuffed with beer. She just acts as a mother/sister figure to the series' Rei instead of the Shinji.
- Fiery Redhead: She can get rather heated and loud if things aren't going her way.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Mama Bear: She is very protective of Isla. She is very angry at their section chief when he suggests pairing Tsukasa and Isla up together, and is quite vocal in her opposition to letting Isla back out into the field so quickly. She also scolds Tsukasa after his first job resulted in complaints filed against them due to Isla destroying a trash can.
- Overprotective Mom: Isla is not really her daughter, but she is not happy about Tsukasa's feelings for Isla, accusing him of being a paedophile. She is also shocked at Tsukasa's Anguished Declaration of Love to Isla, as well as her rejection to said confession. At the end of episode 9, she tells Tsukasa and Isla that she was dissolving their partnership. However, in episode 10, she was really doing that as a Secret Test to see if Isla truly wanted to be away from Tsukasa, or if she would be happier spending her last moments with him after seeing how happy she was with him up to this point.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She tries an unorthodox method of allowing Giftia to spend time with their owners until their last day, whereas standard protocol is to retrieve them without any thought to the owner's feelings, even if they still have a few days/weeks before the Giftia expires.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red ones to Constance's blue, as resembled by their hair color.
- Shipper on Deck: Initially she disapproves Tsukasa's feelings for Isla, but becomes supportive after he shows her how much he truly loves Isla. She even is the one who forces Isla to face her true feelings and pushes her into confessing her love to Tsukasa.
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Curtains Match the Window: Have blue hair and eyes.
- Keigo: Communicates in formal linguistics at all times, highlighting his gentle nature.
- Nice Guy: Just as nice and patient as Tsukasa.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue ones to Kazuki's red, as resembled by their hair color.
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Tsukasa's feelings for Isla.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has literal blue hair.
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda
A veteran employee at SAI Terminal Service No. 1. For someone with his experience at the Terminal Service, he usually slacks off work.
- All Work vs. All Play: All Play to Sherry's All Work.
- Expy: He looks and acts very similar to Kaji from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Like an Old Married Couple: He and his partner Sherry act like a married couple, with him as the irresponsible husband and her as the responsible wife.
- Sempai/Kohai: He was Kazuki's sempai back in college.
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Tsukasa's relationship with Isla and usually gives him advice.
- Voiced by: Aimi Terakawa
Yasutaka's marksman. She tends to get annoyed at her partner's attitude and that he sometimes skips work.
- All Work vs. All Play: All Work to Yasutaka's All Play.
- Cry Cute: She cries in episode 10 when she witnesses Isla's Anguished Declaration of Love to Tsukasa.
- Curtains Match the Window: Have dark gray hair and eyes.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a hair clip on the left side of her hair.
- Like an Old Married Couple: She kinda acts like Yasutaka's responsible wife.
- Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka
One of the mechanics who helps to repair and fine tune Giftia.
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 8 gives a lot of focus on her with Olivia, a Giftia she knew while growing up. Unfortunately Olivia's body was recycled, and her new personality, Andie, has no recollection of her at all.
- Cat Smile: Sports one from time to time.
- Genki Girl: Usually acts a bit overexcited.
- Good Bad Girl: Has no qualms running up to Andie and giving her a Thanks for the Mammaries moment. She also has no problems going into the men's shower to spy on Tsukasa. Or dressing Isla up on animal costumes.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Her blonde hair reflects her energetic and optimistic personality.
- Playboy Bunny: Dresses up in one in episode 9.
- Shipper on Deck: Enthusiastically supports Tsukasa x Isla.
- Too Kinky to Torture: After Andie knocks her away with a slap, Eru seems to enjoy it a bit too much.
- Wrench Wench: Fixes and helps to fine tune Giftia.