Characters from Pili Fantasy: War of Dragons.
Netflix Show Characters
Protector of the central plains, and nominal leader of Team Tiger. He's virtuous, polite, and The Fettered. To the point that when he goes against his vow at the beginning of the series to try and stop the Emperor, he's struck down by God for breaking his vow of non-interference.
- The Ace: Considered the most powerful and virtuous member of Team Tiger.
- Friend Versus Lover: Once Chi Lu-jen discovers that Vermillion lady is part of Team Dragon, and that Su Huan-chen is developing feelings for her, he pulls out the stakes and does everything he can to kill her.
- The Hero Dies: In the first episode, nonetheless. Lampshaded by Chin Chia-hsien and subverted later in the series.
- The Paragon: He's admired everywhere for his moral rectitude and martial skill.
- Thanatos Gambit: He not only prepared in case he died, but counted on being killed as part of his plans.
A traveling member of Team Tiger and close friend and ally of Su Huan-chen. Works to help resurrect his friend, and tries to gain the loyalty of Ku Yeh to the side of Team Tiger.
- Cloth Fu: Fights using the cloth bag he's always carrying, and is able to shape it into swords which are capable of parrying actual metal swords.
- Easy Amnesia: Courtesy of the fire spirit Mo-chi En. Transitions into some form of Obfuscating Stupidity as the actual amnesia recedes and Chi Lu-Jen starts acting purposefully again.
- Guile Hero: He's usually plotting or analyzing other's motivations.
- Mind over Matter: He can lift up to 30,000 tons with his telekinesis.
A hard drinking, hard fighting martial artist who is also very quick to infatuate with handsome men.
- Bi the Way: Is a "friend with benefits" of the Eternal Empress, and at one time both would pass the time with each other.
- Big Fancy Castle: Lives in one, with the added benefit that it's surrounded by constant rain literally as sharp a rain of swords and arrows.
- Blood Knight: She loves battle, the company of men, and drink, in roughly that order but she's not picky. In fact, when ordered by the Eternal Empress to kill Chin Shao-yeh, she grows infatuated with him once he defeats her and refuses to try again. This leads to a lot of friction between her and her friend the Eternal Empress, doubly so once she actually rescues him from the Eternal Empress' second attempt at assassinating him.
- Raised by Wolves: All There in the Manual states she was an orphan raised by wolves.
- Stalker with a Crush: Towards Chin Shao-yeh, even keeping him trapped in a silkworm thread net so he can't escape her clutches. While not cruel, she clearly doesn't want to let him go.
Quick witted and quick tongued friend of Team Tiger. Usually the target of comical mishaps. Though sometimes unscrupulous, he never wavers from helping the good guys.
A thuggish dope who follows Chin Chia-hsien. Though soft hearted, he used to be part of an evil faction in the original series. Has a unique skill that makes him nigh impossible to kill.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He is actually a fairly skilled poisoner, along with his ability to teleport through the Earth.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Unlike other martial artists who use special skills to travel quickly through the world (often turning into energy, air, flying) he liquifies his body to travel through the earth.
- Freaky Fashion, Mild Mind: Despite dressing the part of a villain (and having been working with them prior to the series) he comes off as dopey and harmless.
- Kick the Dog: Kills Ming Chi-tien's sickly wife so that, laking something to live for, he would learn the Bodhisattva Tenth seal and doom himself to die in 7 days. He hates himself for it, but does it anyway to save two allies.
- Leitmotif: He and Yin Shi-jen have one.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: His ability to "liquify" his body means he can survive any conventional attack, including having his head cut off.
Estranged son of Yeh Hsiao-chai, considers himself an orphan. Has a low moral character, is mysoginistic and has indirectly caused the deaths of both his grandfathers. Karma has it out for him, and he has a series of comically bad turns.
Estranged father of Chin Shao-yeh with a very tragic life. His master challenged him to a duel to the death over the woman both loved. Had his hands smashed by Pan To Fei to cancel the duel. Was secretly taught sword skills, but the penultimate lesson left him white haired and required he cut out his own tongue.
- Butt-Monkey: He qualifies by virtue of his incredibly traumatic life. He goes prematurely white haired, cuts out his own tongue to master the martial art of Nothing, and at one point has both his legs cut off in a duel (he gets better though).
- Crusading Widower: Has shades of this in that for much of the story he is set on killing Su Huan-chen, but is talked down from this by Ou Yanglin.
- Power of the Void: His sword based martial art draws power from silence and sacrifice.
- The Speechless
A retired martial arts master living with his beloved wife in a bamboo forest. Sadly, there's always one last job.
Member of Team Tiger, he hid himself inside of Chin Chia-Hsien to avoid discovery by the Evil Dragon's Miracles and the demon realm. Unique for having Enlightenment Superpowers that are very effective against demons and most other enemies.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: As a side effect of his enlightenment, he no longer has male attributes. Also, carries over when he possessed Chin Chia-Hsien.
- Demonic Possession: Of a very low-key sort with Chin Chia-Hsien. He protect Chin, but also warps his body to have similar hair. Among... other changes. Down there.
- Enlightenment Superpowers
A melancholy young knight, taciturn, possesses the Maple Sword. Seeks vengeance against the Golden Sun Emperor.
- The Ace: Easily bats away most everyone who goes after him.
An accomplished blacksmith and martial artist, and a member of Team Tiger. He saved Yeh Hsiao-chai and taught him.
An icy assassin and member of Team Tiger.
- An Ice Person: His ice dagger technique.
Wielder of the Yenna Magical Blade. Honorable, seeks to test his blade against worthy opponents but will not tolerate an unfair fight.
Empress of Silkworm Palace.
Guardian of Giant Book Rock and the giant stone book with the story behind all the world's sacred and profane weapons.
- A Friend in Need: To Lan Ching Jen, he goes to great lengths to save his friend's life.
- Break the Haughty: He is subject to this after badly losing a duel for the Sacred Dragon Bone Sword. Notably foreshadowed earlier when Ling Hsin I Fo notes he presents a facade of humility and wisdom, but secretly held everyone else in contempt and arrogantly thought himself best, which could lead to his downfall.
Emperor of the tribes of the north, he plans on world domination. One of the strongest martial artists of the world. Fierce enemy of Su Huan-chen.
Once an independent ruler subjugated by the Eternal Empress. Longs for the day she kill the empress and can reclaim her independence.
- The Starscream: To the Eternal Empress.
A blue crystal looking man allied closely with Lord of the Sun. Wants to kill Su Huan-chen, and later takes control of Chih Pi-li.
- All There in the Manual: He is apparently based on the blue gemstone Kyanite.
- Demonic Possession: How he pilots Chih Pi-li.
- Evil Virtues: In a cast where most of the antagonists are intensely disloyal and treacherous, he stands out by very vocally and actually being loyal to his friend Lord of the Sun.
- Sculpted Physique: Is made partly of blue crystal similar to Kyanite.
A powerful martial artist trapped in the Demon Realm after his arrogance got him captured. He's pierced by bone spikes that cause constant pain, and is cursed by the Demon Resurrection Tree to be slowly consumed. The Demon King and the Archmage of Hell plan to use him to wipe out the Tiger Generals and the Dragon Miracles.
- Cursed: Has not one but three curses laid on him. The 18 Bones Beasts piercing him cause pain, and can only be removed when he kills someone. Being trapped by the Demon Resurrection Tree means he will (even if separate from it) slowly be digested. And finally, the Qi Bone Pills the Archmage of Hell has been giving him will brainwash and kill him eventually.
- Facial Horror: If the spikes in his face didn't qualify, during his fight against the Resurrection Tree / Archmage fusion, the latter pulls out one of the spikes and ''tears half his face off. The bone spike is even still attached to him through a cord, because only murdering people forces them out.
- Fallen Hero: One of the strongest and ostensibly good martial artists known, he becomes this by virtue of being forced to learned demonic martial arts and kill members of Team Tiger. He is nonetheless.
- Spikes of Villainy: The bone spikes all over his head and upper body. This is a borderline case in that he's being forced to take evil actions by his captors.
The ruler of the demon realm, seeks to kill both the Tiger Generals and the Dragon Miracles. He's very short tempered and fearful at times.
The Demon King's Grand Archmage of the demon realm. He's older than he looks, being 1000 years old. He plans to use Nankung Chu against the Demon King eventually.
A highly intelligent and cunning man serving the Golden Sun Emperor. Once(?) a close friend of Su-huan Chen, but his strategy to unite the tribes of the north under the Emperor forced Su-huan Chen to break his vow, causing his death. He created the incredibly powerful Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot Chih Pi-li.
A fire demon who forged the Sacred Dragon Bone Blade.
A mysterious noblewoman with extensive knowledge of poison, geometry, geology, astrology, and mythology. Is she friend or foe?
- The Astrologer
- Awesomeness by Analysis: With one sample of a person's writing, she can build an entire psychological profile.
- Lady in Red
- Renaissance Woman: Is skilled in medicine, calligraphy (taking apart the personality of the writer), astrology, history, mythology, riddles, and many other skills. Making her a go-to specialist for the good and bad guys.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Manages to match wits with Chi Lu-jen and come out alive.
Master of Ling Hsin I Fo, one of the two most ancient and powerful martial artists in the world. Friend and Friendly Rival to Ban Chi-Chien. Has golden beads for hair.
Master of Tai Huang-Chun, one of the two most ancient and powerful martial artists in the world. Friend and Friendly Rival to Yi Ye-Shu.